Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I don't know what that spoiler says and I can't remember much about the premise of Contest of Champions, so I think I'll not check and stay cautious in this instance.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm going to make the bold assumption that Secret Wars ends with Batlleworlds being disbanded and the good guys winning.

That's pretty ballsy, and I could see the validity of that prediction, but I would prefer not to learn the details of such an outcome until the events are in print. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you're gonna have a real problem avoiding comics that spoil the end of secret wars

like the whole thing is likely going to be spelled out in broad strokes by multiple comics

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know, just learn to relax about spoilers? They're not even close to the end of the world, and you'll probably have more fun overall.

I'm not gonna spoil anything for anyone if I can help it because I'm not a jerk; I just think that spoilers are a super low-priority thing for me, personally, to worry about. :shobon:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't know, just learn to relax about spoilers? They're not even close to the end of the world

That already happened!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: if you think Hickman is not going to make Doom the ultimate hero of this story.

Hickman likes writing Doom but where people get the idea Doom is written like a fanfic perfect wifu and not king hubris mayor for life of gently caress up-ville I don't know.

Remember last time Hickman wrote Doom as a God? Yeah Doom hosed that one up to.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This will still come down to the heroes at most making Doom realize the error of his ways and teaming up with Richards to put things back the way things were. Or sacrificing himself for the universe.

Doom will fall on his own terms. :doom:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

To be fair, I normally avoid spoilers like the plague, but I can't imagine there being anything too spoilerable about the end of Secret Wars. We've known for a long time that the Marvel Universe was going to be restored afterwards, with some minor changes. I guess the big question is whether the Multiverse will still exist (I'm not sure if it has been confirmed either way).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think Spider-Gwen and Web Warriors confirms the existence of the multiverse. Since one is set in another universe and the other is a multiverse hopping book.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
It's about the journey, people!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

X-O posted:

I think...Web Warriors confirms the existence of the multiverse. Since ... the other is a multiverse hopping book.

A new Exiles?? heck yeah, I'm down!!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

Hickman likes writing Doom but where people get the idea Doom is written like a fanfic perfect wifu and not king hubris mayor for life of gently caress up-ville I don't know.

Remember last time Hickman wrote Doom as a God? Yeah Doom hosed that one up to.

This is why I liked Fraction's FF and the battle with Scott's team because Doom is flat out evil. Which is refreshing after Hickman's borderline Doom worship.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

This is why I liked Fraction's FF and the battle with Scott's team because Doom is flat out evil. Which is refreshing after Hickman's borderline Doom worship.

Doom worship = Doom screws up his own universe so bad literally everything in it wants to kill him.

Also, kind of a warning for people reading stuff tomorrow. I would recommend reading siege before you read secret wars if you plan on reading both.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 6, 2015

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I dunno if the Doom of Secret Wars(2015) is being worshiped so much. Stephen Strange called Doom out and died because he told him the truth: Doom is living a pathetic lie based on wanting to have another man's life. He obtains god like power and that's what he chooses to do with it? That's sad. Anyone who's reading Doom as cool or awesome in this event I would argue is letting their own biases about Doom leak out rather than the story having one.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

Also, kind of a warning for people reading stuff tomorrow. I would recommend reading siege before you read secret wars if you plan on reading both.

:cheerdoge:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

I'm not sure what this means.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

I'm not sure what this means.

It's a dog(e) saying "cheers!"

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

It's a dog(e) saying "cheers!"

Haha I thought it looked a bit judgey and was scared is broken a rule or something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

Haha I thought it looked a bit judgey and was scared is broken a rule or something.

:tem:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Getting caught up on Secret Wars books:

Ms Marvel :smith:
Thors :science:
Age of Apocalypse :shroom:
X-Men '92 :awesome:
Infinity Gauntlet :eyepop:
Siege :eyepop:

Edit:
Attilian Rising - Enjoyed the last 2 issues, but I thought the build was kind of slow. The ending though was pretty dope.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 7, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

7 years later and that's still funny.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahaha holy poo poo

Secret Wars

BFFs Reed and REED forever. :3:

holy poo poo miles has a pocket burger!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Oct 7, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also I dont know how else to point it out to people still going 'Oh Hickman is slobbering all over Doom' but if you've made it this far while still thinking that, there's probably no hope.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Also I dont know how else to point it out to people still going 'Oh Hickman is slobbering all over Doom' but if you've made it this far while still thinking that, there's probably no hope.

Pretty much this. Yes he's central to Hickman's narratives but his nobility/ego/moral compass always ends up imploding on himself.

Sooooooooo it was intentional that Black Swan was drawn literally as a black and white copy of Sue eh?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

If Bendis like dies of a sudden stroke, I'd be totally fine with Hickman taking over and writing Miles forever.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

So I didn't understand the ending of Old Man Logan is he in the 616 now? Was that where it was? He was in the ultimate end world and then he woke up somewhere else?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo, Secret Wars was so good. Hickman should write Miles and Peter forever. And Bentley. And doom.

That said, Siege was AMAZING. Thanks as the good guy.

"What time is it?"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo, Secret Wars was so good. Hickman should write Miles and Peter forever. And Bentley. And doom.

That said, Siege was AMAZING. Thanks as the good guy.

"What time is it?"

Yeah I'd like to send a big gently caress you out to Kieron Gillen for making his exit from Marvel even more hard to take.

CountryFriedSnake
Feb 25, 2006

Elucidarius posted:

So I didn't understand the ending of Old Man Logan is he in the 616 now? Was that where it was? He was in the ultimate end world and then he woke up somewhere else?

I took it as he's in the 616 now as it was the final issue of the mini and Bendis fast-forwarded past SW to set everything up for ANAD, especially (in my mind) how he ended the first issue of his Iron Man.

Who do I have to pay to get more SIEGE? I want to know more about the defenders of The Wall such as Galact-USA and I want more of this Miss America and The Kitty Pryde and Kang. And wow, I really enjoyed Thanos asking Grimm what time it was.

And Secret Wars give me this feeling like it's really now building up to punch me in the brain in a completely radical way.

Is there a history between Carol and Sinister? I love Hickman's Sinister and I dug the S&M between him and Danvers.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The enlightenment cannon is the best thing hahaha

I really shoulda read Siege 4 first...

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who hasn't been reading Siege has literally wasted their time on Earth.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I love the way America Chavez just decides to peace out and take Ye Olde Kate with her. I also can't believe how awesome Kang's been in it.

And gently caress yeah, that final spread is going straight to the Badass Panels thread.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I guess I didn't pay attention to ANAD previews and whatnot, but I'm surprised to learn Bendis isn't writing Old Man Logan when the ongoing starts.

Which is unfortunate, because this is the best Bendis I've read in a long while.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

The enlightenment cannon is the best thing hahaha

I really shoulda read Siege 4 first...

I told you!!!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Obviously there's a lot to remark on but Reed and Evil Reed hatching plans is so cool. That look that the Maker has on his face after he reveals to Reed that Doom has his family.

Ribic just kills it on facial expressions. Also love the ಠ_ಠ T'Challa gives when he first sees the gauntlet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Namor and T'Challa being bros again is cool. Reed and Reed being science bros is also cool.

Miles and his hamburger are super cool. God drat, I loved this issue so much.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Does the Maker no longer have the enlarged/elongated head that fills up the entire space in that helmet of his? I remember that as a reveal in Hickman's Ultimates.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

redbackground posted:

Does the Maker no longer have the enlarged/elongated head that fills up the entire space in that helmet of his? I remember that as a reveal in Hickman's Ultimates.

He can expand his brain to increase capacity but it's something he chooses to do.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So much good stuff in Secret Wars #6. I love how Hickman is really drawing on a lot of different things like the 'Siege Courageous' and random Sinister Captain Marvel, which still writing stuff like "I forgot I had a cheeseburger in my pocket for 3 weeks." and Valeria mocking Reed & The Maker's devices. Then the end, with the story of how the FF hooked up with Doom was great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm glad I saw the thread and read Siege before Secret Wars. I'm sad Brand is probably dead though.

And Angela is running around with Serah's skull that's talking to her Mort style, that's awesome.

I'm going to straight up admit the Emma and Logan stuff made me tear up a little.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Is there a book that explains who the Prophet is and why he's such a threat to Doom? Also is Carol Danvers being mind controlled or does she have some history with Sinister?

Also Siege was amazing. Wouldn't have asked for any other ending.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 7, 2015

• Locked thread