Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Splinter posted:

In a position where I want to hold onto Carolina's Defense over their bye week, but I also don't have anyone else on my team that seems worth dropping (don't want to give a freebee to the competition).

Q: Ryan, Palmer
W: Cooper, Evans, Maclin, SSS, Wright
R: AP, Foster, Forsett, Freeman
T: Eifert, JT
K: Tucker
D: Carolina

My matchup will be played out before SNF this week, so I'm thinking about rolling w/ no D through the late games, and then picking up either NYG (though someone will likely pick them up tonight to stream), SD, PIT or SF (SNF/MNF teams) if I'm behind at that point. Is that crazy? I'd lose out on the opportunity to get one of the better D's currently available (Cincinnati and NYG are the best, then it's pretty barren), but that would keep Carolina (or whoever else I'd drop) locked until waivers clear next week.

In another league I'm pretty thin at WR. Are any of these potential drops worth holding onto?
Drop (any of): Golden Tate, Terrance Williams, Marvin Jones
Add (any of): Hankerson, Aiken, Crabtree, Tavon Austin, Snead, Ginn?

If JT is Julius Thomas then I would say he's droppable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Am I crazy for starting Ronnie Hillman against Oak this week? I'm screwed on RB (though we only need to start one), with McCoy and Ivory out for various reasons, and only Alfred Morris left besides Hillman, and Kubiak saying Hillman has the "hot hand" after last week is making me say, "Oh gently caress it, why not?"

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Need help. Need to pick a streaming defense for this week, and pick up a TE who can play (since Julius Thomas and Ebron are both hurt now).

Defense options:

TE options:

I'm thinking Chiefs or Bucs for defense, but I dunno for TE. Maybe Mercedes Lewis? Help please.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
Pray for Karlos. I have Lamar and Ivory on bye :negative:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So my league is screwy and LeSean McCoy is sitting out there for free pick up this morning. I'm about to drop Tyrod Taylor for him (I've got Brady as my main QB, who's back from his bye), that is smart, right? I know he's out right now but he should be back next week. I also have Karlos Williams right now but I want to hang on to him in case he plays this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ouhei posted:

So my league is screwy and LeSean McCoy is sitting out there for free pick up this morning. I'm about to drop Tyrod Taylor for him (I've got Brady as my main QB, who's back from his bye), that is smart, right? I know he's out right now but he should be back next week. I also have Karlos Williams right now but I want to hang on to him in case he plays this week.

I would do it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Managed to nab Barnidge this morning. With Jordan Reed out and my only other option being Witten, I'm hoping this will help me out. I lost my winning streak and I'm playing the only guy in our league that's 4-0, so I need a win.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Must be nice to play in a league where trades happen

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

manwithoutskin posted:

I have a bench spot that I'm opening up by dropping Stevie Johnson (Injured, Gates is back). Available as FAs include

CJ?K
Blount
Ronnie Hillman

I cant decide.. I have Bell/K Williams/Randle/Gio on my roster so I should grab someone. Randle's making a fool of himself with the coaches (both other Cowboy backs are FAs as well) and K Williams might be concussed. Thoughts?

Hillman has the highest upside, followed by CJ then Blount.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sheeple posted:

I'm nervous about this as well, have a choice between Taylor and Mariota and I'm thinking Taylor is probably the better option.

Also someone has dropped Roethlisburger, he worth stashing on a bench or is he gonna be gone too long? I have Antonio Brown, and my RB and WR corps are pretty good so I'm thinking he would be a good grab. Waiver wire is thin and this league is pretty trade averse.

I think he's worth a stash, it all depends on who's being dropped for him.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Am I crazy for starting Ronnie Hillman against Oak this week? I'm screwed on RB (though we only need to start one), with McCoy and Ivory out for various reasons, and only Alfred Morris left besides Hillman, and Kubiak saying Hillman has the "hot hand" after last week is making me say, "Oh gently caress it, why not?"

Not at all. He's got a lot more burst than CJA right now and showed it last week. In the only league where I own them, I'm starting both. Last week they combined for 30 ppg in 1ppr. If I can average 15 out of two RBs (where WRs are my strength), I'm fine with that.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Boy am I glad that I saved my #1 waiver priority, guy in my league just dropped Ellington so I'm gonna scoop him up for sure. How can I pass that up?

My RB corp should be amazing in a week or two once they come off injury fully and lacy gets back to his old ways. Lacy, Foster and Ellington. Also have luck now who I think will start doing better. Get in :banjo:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

Need help. Need to pick a streaming defense for this week, and pick up a TE who can play (since Julius Thomas and Ebron are both hurt now).

Mentioned it earlier, but:

Giants, Chiefs, Bucs in that order.

Your TE situation is a shitshow. I'd go with highest projected and hold my nose. Ever better, try to swing a trade, there is plenty of time to get one done. Look for the Gronk owner (who has a spare TE2 that he used last week) or any owner with two startable TEs.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Mentioned it earlier, but:

Giants, Chiefs, Bucs in that order.

Your TE situation is a shitshow. I'd go with highest projected and hold my nose. Ever better, try to swing a trade, there is plenty of time to get one done. Look for the Gronk owner (who has a spare TE2 that he used last week) or any owner with two startable TEs.

I've got a trade out to a guy who's pretty much given up on the season already (he traded me Rivers for my Falcons DST and then didn't start them last week, lol). I'm sending Stevie Johnson and Ebron for Gates. We'll see.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

zeldadude posted:

Boy am I glad that I saved my #1 waiver priority, guy in my league just dropped Ellington so I'm gonna scoop him up for sure. How can I pass that up?

My RB corp should be amazing in a week or two once they come off injury fully and lacy gets back to his old ways. Lacy, Foster and Ellington. Also have luck now who I think will start doing better. Get in :banjo:

Temper expectations on Ellington. He's not lead back anymore.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Tatsuta Age posted:

I've got a trade out to a guy who's pretty much given up on the season already (he traded me Rivers for my Falcons DST and then didn't start them last week, lol). I'm sending Stevie Johnson and Ebron for Gates. We'll see.

Bleh, I'm not usually the "Nice League :smug:" kind of guy but how is that any fun?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

ZIGfried posted:

Bleh, I'm not usually the "Nice League :smug:" kind of guy but how is that any fun?

For $200 and bragging rights over coworkers I am happy to send out bullshit trade offers all day long

I've sent the commissioner his Randall Cobb for my Rashad Jennings like 6 times in the past week

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What do you guys think of this trade?

PPR:
I send L. Murray and Tannehill
I get CJ Anderson and Phil Rivers

My other QB is Nick Foles but my only other RBs are Joe Randle (possibly in the doghouse??), Gio, and David Johnson. Leaning towards no but I could use the help at QB...

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Tatsuta Age posted:

For $200 and bragging rights over coworkers I am happy to send out bullshit trade offers all day long

I've sent the commissioner his Randall Cobb for my Rashad Jennings like 6 times in the past week

Why do you want to annoy your coworkers so much?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

PPR:

My other QB is Nick Foles but my only other RBs are Joe Randle (possibly in the doghouse??), Gio, and David Johnson. Leaning towards no but I could use the help at QB...

No. You need Murray

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Suave Fedora posted:

Temper expectations on Ellington. He's not lead back anymore.

poo poo, maybe I should look into this more before I pull the trigger... Thanks for the heads up, I thought he would be there #1 once he came back.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

PPR:

Do not like.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I need to drop one to pick up a def, 0PPR:

Stevie J.
Hankerson
Marvin J.
A. Hurns.

Also, who should I grab just for thos week. GB?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Bengals vs Seahawks or Chiefs vs Bears for defense this week?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Varg posted:

Bengals vs Seahawks or Chiefs vs Bears for defense this week?

Chiefs for me. Had a solid first two games, then predictably struggled against good offenses. They should resume being usable against Chicago.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

PPR:

Don't like it.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

I think he's worth a stash, it all depends on who's being dropped for him.

Gonna be dropping Coby Fleener for him since it looks like Allen is coming back. Fleener was a bye week cover for Delanie Walker. This means I'd be have 3 qbs (Mariota, Taylor and Ben.) Love to trade one but the league is real stingy.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Must be nice to play in a league where trades happen

Here is my annual "I'd be shocked if even one trade happens in my league" post. I think maybe 5 trades have happened in the 6 year history of the league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you had to start one, would you roll with CJ Anderson, or Ronnie Hillman this week?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

If you had to start one, would you roll with CJ Anderson, or Ronnie Hillman this week?

I'm going with Hillman personally.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

th3t00t posted:

Does anyone think starting Mariota is a good idea against Buffalo? This has to be Buffalo's bounce back game where they get 10 sacks and just murder the rookie right? And mariota has played against 3 very poor defenses so far.

The Browns d is not poor and Mariota will probably do similar production against the bills if he doesn't die

Things to note:
-Titans have no run d so buffalo will do that all game
-Jason McCourty is back so the Titans will have 2 good cbs

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Looking for a TE to use on Witten's bye week

I currently have Heath Miller in that role, I picked him when Witten might have been injured.

I don't like Miller as an option anymore

I can pick up Gary Barnidge or Richard Rodgers as Free Agents right now. Eric Ebron is on the wire and might be injured. Ladarius Green is available but I don't think he'll be an option anymore

What to do?

Barnidge plays Denver week 6 and Rodgers plays San Diego

I'm happy to play Witten the rest of the season

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RCarr posted:

Hillman. He's looked all around better, and Kubiak appears to finally realize it, if his Sirius XM interview on Monday is any indication.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
What is Rudulph's ROS looking like? I need a TE this week; should I drop Rudolph or a bench guy (Terrence Williams and Crowell are the top candidates)?

Normally I'd drop my starting TE but the talent in the FA pool is pretty bare (Cook, Green, Ertz, Donnell..)

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

ZIGfried posted:

Who wins in 0.5 ppr

Drew Brees
Joe Randle

for

Chris Ivory
Jason Witten

Brees owner has Carson Palmer and lost Jordan Reed, Witten owner has Jimmy Graham and lost Romo (Has been starting Stafford)

Negotiating this deal. I'm the Brees/Randle owner currently. I'm about to offer his choice of either Palmer/Randle for the same two or Brees/Randle for just Ivory. Still think both trades end up helping my team. I'd like to get away from the Dallas backfield regardless of what I think of C-Mike hype and I hate having back up quarterbacks that are too good to drop. Do you guys still like those offers?

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Contemplating selling Devonta Freeman. Either of these worth sending out as offers?

Calvin Johnson and Devonta Freeman
for
Odell Beckham Jr and Latavius Murray

or

Devonta Freeman
for
Marshawn Lynch

or

Matt Ryan and Devonta Freeman
for
Aaron Rodgers (fat chance I know, but dude's RB1 is DeMarco and yahoo is projecting Freeman crazy high)

My other receivers are Julio and Maclin, my other RBs are ADP and Arian. Or do we think Freeman will continue producing at high enough level that selling him is a bad idea?

Chronicles fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 7, 2015

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Reggie Died posted:

What is Rudulph's ROS looking like? I need a TE this week; should I drop Rudolph or a bench guy (Terrence Williams and Crowell are the top candidates)?

Normally I'd drop my starting TE but the talent in the FA pool is pretty bare (Cook, Green, Ertz, Donnell..)

Rudolph is no better or worse than any of those.

Try Owen Daniels, that's what I'm doing this week for TE roulette.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If Karlos can't go, I lose. It's a no-brainer.

Also, is Matt Jones droppable now?

(goes for 200 yds 3 tds once cut)

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Chronicles posted:

Contemplating selling Devonta Freeman. Either of these worth sending out as offers?

Calvin Johnson and Devonta Freeman
for
Odell Beckham Jr and Latavius Murray

or

Devonta Freeman
for
Marshawn Lynch

My other receivers are Julio and Maclin, my other RBs are ADP and Arian. Or do we think Freeman will continue producing at high enough level that selling him is a bad idea?

Both of those offers are robbing your opponent blind. You should not think twice about selling Freeman if you can get anywhere close to that kind of return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Is Travis Benjamin (WR-CLE) for real? I was offered him + Mark Ingram for Deandre Hopkins. Yahoo 0PPR, 3 WR.

I'm seriously considering it. They are separated by 0.1 total points this year.

• Locked thread