Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
AUDI V10 twin turbo, 22 inch gold rims, wing, RWD swap. Its....... beautiful...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I tried the car glitch to grab a couple million $ after the patch. I can confirm it still works. I'm done with it, now. I have all the Shelbys and ALL the Ferraris, and several other expensive cars.

You guys who do multiplayer a lot, I have a question:

During the GTCC post spec-race dice racing I couldn't figure out how to access all the cars in my garage that were in the correct class. I'd go to my cars and was only shown one car, even though I know I had several eligible in some of those classes. The host checked and verified there were no special rules stopping me, but I couldn't scroll through my car list to look at each car in that class.
I assume it was user error. How do you folks do it? I want to be ready for dice racing tomorrow night after the spec races.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

azflyboy posted:

Has anyone else noticed that the drivatars seem to be pants-on-head retarded when it comes to driving anything with lots of downforce? With road cars, the AI seems to be reasonably competent, but with the (70's or modern) F1 or Indy cars, I have no trouble driving a couple seconds per lap faster than the AI on "pro" or "unbeatable", and there's frequently AI cars ending up in the runoffs on basically any track that has them.
Total wild guess, but given the AI's tendency to brake at inappropriate places it seems reasonable that it would have trouble with cars that depend on maintaining a certain minimum speed to work.

WienerDog posted:

Limo owns, guys.
Yes it does. AWD + race motor + a few other upgrades to A700 = crazy drift limo that's surprisingly controllable around the airport tag area. I haven't had a chance to try it with real people yet, but it feels good.

Any specifics on what swaps got nerfed? My previous tag car is the old Abarth with the rotary engine and AWD which was a beast, so I'm hoping that hasn't suddenly become a low S class car.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

wolrah posted:

Any specifics on what swaps got nerfed? My previous tag car is the old Abarth with the rotary engine and AWD which was a beast, so I'm hoping that hasn't suddenly become a low S class car.

I don't know if they did specifics, but basically, if you drivetrain swapped any car, that leaderboard time is wiped out. A lot of small cars that took DT swaps ended up with significantly lower-than-observed PI, so that same car is going to go up in PI after the patch. Not sure how much.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Dr. Faustus posted:

During the GTCC post spec-race dice racing I couldn't figure out how to access all the cars in my garage that were in the correct class. I'd go to my cars and was only shown one car, even though I know I had several eligible in some of those classes. The host checked and verified there were no special rules stopping me, but I couldn't scroll through my car list to look at each car in that class.
I assume it was user error. How do you folks do it? I want to be ready for dice racing tomorrow night after the spec races.

I had the incredibly dumb human error of thinking it would put them all in a list, but it was still organizing them by manufacturer so I had to browse with RB and LB. It took me a few races to realize my error.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Faustus posted:

There's a really stupid glitch if you sort by class, sometimes you have to pick 2 classes or it will end up only giving you one car to pick from and not let you switch to the actual class that you want.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Stupid question alert, but I'm new to Forza and the console game/dlc-buying market in general. The DLC cars that you guys are discussing: do you get those by purchasing the VIP thing for $20? If so, if I were to buy it now, would I get this month's and last month's cars too (if there were cars last month).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

marjorie posted:

Stupid question alert, but I'm new to Forza and the console game/dlc-buying market in general. The DLC cars that you guys are discussing: do you get those by purchasing the VIP thing for $20? If so, if I were to buy it now, would I get this month's and last month's cars too (if there were cars last month).

VIP gets you all the first car packs.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

VIP gets you all the first car packs.

Great, thanks!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
To be clear it doesn't get you all of the car packs, just the ones that were available day one. They are going to come out with DLC packs every month for a while including the one that came out yesterday and these are not included with VIP. For those you need the car pass or to buy them individually.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GutBomb posted:

To be clear it doesn't get you all of the car packs, just the ones that were available day one. They are going to come out with DLC packs every month for a while including the one that came out yesterday and these are not included with VIP. For those you need the car pass or to buy them individually.

Edit: Maybe not. Ultimate gets you the first DLCs, maybe that's something else.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

robotsinmyhead posted:

I don't know if they did specifics, but basically, if you drivetrain swapped any car, that leaderboard time is wiped out. A lot of small cars that took DT swaps ended up with significantly lower-than-observed PI, so that same car is going to go up in PI after the patch. Not sure how much.

Happily my Abarth remains an A699, and I don't think I have any leaderboard times with swapped cars.

Cojawfee posted:

Edit: Maybe not. Ultimate gets you the first DLCs, maybe that's something else.

VIP gets you the VIP car pack (458, V12 Zagato, Veneno, GT350R, McLaren F1) and special bonuses like double earnings and exclusive online events.

The Car Pass gets you the first 6 monthly car packs.

Deluxe Edition includes VIP and the first monthly pack (the one that just came out)

Ultimate Edition includes VIP and the Car Pass.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 7, 2015

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Okay, I guess they didn't wipe all the drivetrain-swapped cars from leaderboards, because my RWD Shelby Raptor is still up there. Maybe it was just certain cars (obviously the Mini Cooper and such), but they worded it like every car was getting taken down.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

wolrah posted:

VIP gets you the VIP car pack (458, V12 Zagato, Veneno, GT350R, McLaren F1) and special bonuses like double earnings and exclusive online events.

The Car Pass gets you the first 6 monthly car packs.

Ohhhh, ok, I finally get it. I'm assuming there's no way to upgrade a regular edition digital purchase to the ultimate or deluxe version. So if I'm more interested in getting cars than anything else, I'm better off just buying the car pass.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

L_Harrison posted:

Okay, I guess they didn't wipe all the drivetrain-swapped cars from leaderboards, because my RWD Shelby Raptor is still up there. Maybe it was just certain cars (obviously the Mini Cooper and such), but they worded it like every car was getting taken down.

I think it was just AWD swapped cars - some of them, particularly the mini and Rx3, had basically 2-3 extra classes' worth of invisible horsepower added to them when AWD swapped, but I think the RWD swap is relatively balanced.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

marjorie posted:

Ohhhh, ok, I finally get it. I'm assuming there's no way to upgrade a regular edition digital purchase to the ultimate or deluxe version. So if I'm more interested in getting cars than anything else, I'm better off just buying the car pass.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

I think you can just buy all the different things and it's the same.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There's a really stupid glitch if you sort by class, sometimes you have to pick 2 classes or it will end up only giving you one car to pick from and not let you switch to the actual class that you want.
THAT has to be it. I was sorting by the lobby's class only.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Edit:mixed this up with the GTCC thread

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Accidents are accidents. No problem.
Deliberate protection of your position, last I checked, was covered by GTCC rules.

You can't control your need to win when faced with those rules, YOU are the problem.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

What's your guys favorite car for C class? One for a lot of twisties, and one for a lot of straightaways?

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Accidents are accidents. No problem.
Deliberate protection of your position, last I checked, was covered by GTCC rules.

You can't control your need to win when faced with those rules, YOU are the problem.

Wait... GTCC wrote down rules somewhere?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
We talked about it in chat back in the FM4 days, in between the potty humor.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dizzle / Robo, sorry I got disconnected suddenly. I still can't reconnect to Live :(

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Well, you don't see that often.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

L_Harrison posted:

What controller mapping do you use? I know you don't really need advice on being faster but I'm curious why you don't use clutch. If you have x and b shift up and shift down, setting a as clutch just becomes so natural after a couple of minutes. Just mash a and x or a and b at the same time.

If you have some other mapping scheme though I can see how it might not be such a simple thing.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I use the default control scheme (LB for clutch), and it's the Murcielago, so I turned off manual w/ clutch since it's a paddle-shift car. I want my Forza simulation experience to be as authentic as possible.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Got it.

I use a wheel with a shifter and when driving paddle shift cars I just put my wheel in auto clutch mode and use the paddles. Saves time not having to go into the menu to switch to manual without clutch.

I usually do switch to automatic in the menus for cvt/electric cars too.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

L_Harrison posted:

I got faster, buddy! (J/K, I think my car is PI 800)

Also I DL'd a nice tune since I can't do poo poo with MR cars.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Doubleposting here, but for a good reason:

I started at Forza channel on IRC and I'm pimping it out here.

irc.synirc.net #gtcc

It's named for GTCC so we can set up races day-of instead of :f5: for last minute poo poo, but it's a good way to get together for pickup races.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I think there is already a channel there called #forzagoons

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

GutBomb posted:

I think there is already a channel there called #forzagoons

I went to a couple channels (I think there, as well) and didn't see anyone, so I assumed to restart it. I'm on IRC all the time anyway, so why not.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Crosspost from GTCC:

Last week's 09-30-2015 Road Atlanta D400:

(Caveat: some pics will be out of order, and I don't have the finishing order. Sorry.)

Ok here's one pic of the D400 starting line on Road Atlanta:

On the left, front-to-back: Sockington, llama slay3r, MattD1zzl3, I Pretty Panda I, GutBomb303, MinimaulAK, AndrewCoja, dinosarus, and PhancyPants.
On the right, front-to-back: Tricerotophat, Endbuster, Whatcubed, DAShoe, HerrJetSet, BCRock, and somewhere back there is yours truly, Cpt. Howdy, and robocractic, and Caeg and SynMoo360.

Here are the pictures. I'm sorry, but they're not in order and some might even be AI drivers. I couldn't find a pic of the finishing orders for this week.

I'll give 9/30's Yaz a try before I do 10/07, but I didn't save the last race because I was lagging so often.

Sorry, I left out some pictures, I include them now:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

Crosspost from GTCC:

Good pics man. But...that one's got too many doors!!!

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

God I love the E-type.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You guys using the TX wheel. What kind of rotation settings are you using?

I'm finding I have to fiddle with the on wheel rotation lock or some cars are drat near undrivable at the default 540 degrees.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
900 all the time.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GutBomb posted:

900 all the time.

That seems insane on open wheel stuff?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
That setting covers the max rotation of the physical wheel in front of me but not the cars in the game. Driving a car that has lower degrees of rotation while the wheel is set to 900 just has huge dead zones either side of the 360 degrees used by the open wheel car. The only thing that is missing is the force feedback having a hard stop when I reach the cars full lock.

If your degrees of rotation are set lower than the car you're driving it compresses the entire range of steering input into the rotation you have available, but if it's higher than the car you're driving it doesn't stretch it past 1:1. Anything beyond what the car can do is just dead zone.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I thought I had read somewhere that T10 tuned the game with 540 degrees in mind?

I use 900 degrees on the PC sims I play, but something felt really off whenever I've tried 900 in forza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also these stock pedals blow, and the Clubsport pedal adapter is still on back order.

• Locked thread