Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Lol I can't use the mouse at all in E:D now

Like the cursor is glued to the center of the screen and when I move on say the map it appears but only moves a pixel in whatever direction and immediately resets

I have to use it for the drat map because I don't want to spend 3 hours setting up HOTAS to have controls that make any sense yet here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

radintorov posted:

I think the only way to verify is to email support asking them if you do, since that information is not present on the store account page*.
Did you have access to the closed CQC beta? If so, you should be more than covered.

*at least I can't find it on mine, and I know I have the Lifetime expansion as part of my Kickstarter/Alpha reward

Yeah, I had access to the CQC stress test and have had beta access to all prior patches prior to them going live (Even though I've never installed the beta runs after gamma/release).

I shot an email to support and will hopefully have an answer soon. I know I didn't buy a package with season pass though.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
So wait, if PP and Avril Lavigne's bounty bonuses got nerfed, what's the best way to earn money while shooting things now? I don't want to trade or mine, I want things to explode!

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Continue shooting then, you still get paid

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Like the cursor is glued to the center of the screen and when I move on say the map it appears but only moves a pixel in whatever direction and immediately resets

I have to use it for the drat map because I don't want to spend 3 hours setting up HOTAS to have controls that make any sense yet here we are

This sounds familiar as Frontier loves to bring back old bugs. I could be remembering wrong, but try changing your "hardware cursor" setting is what I remember fixing that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This happened to me last weekend, if I alt tabbed a full cycle back to the game it would go away until I opened a menu again. Looking at the forums people say it goes away if you turn hardware cursor to on, which I already had on. Turning it off and on again makes it go away, but only until you open a menu again so it's worthless.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I still need those res sites.

Edit: Missing morning coffee.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Thanks guys

Also I stopped in a Compromised beacon even though I am trash and it was terrifying

Managed to get a couple leech kills out of the 8 large fights happening and then a dude took my shields down in 1 hit and started firing missiles

Did the patch make NPCs shoot a lot more missiles because I went from seeing it zero times to about 10% of the time which is scary

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thanks guys

Also I stopped in a Compromised beacon even though I am trash and it was terrifying

Managed to get a couple leech kills out of the 8 large fights happening and then a dude took my shields down in 1 hit and started firing missiles

Did the patch make NPCs shoot a lot more missiles because I went from seeing it zero times to about 10% of the time which is scary

I had a lot fired at me as I hauled rear end out of a high intensity conflict zone doing a mission. I was at max speed in an Eagle plus boosting and I eventually managed to supercruise out of there. Either they were firing without lock on or were too far away. I only started playing yesterday, so I don't know how it was before, but I've had missiles fired on me a few different times.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Really the answer is almost certainly to settle for rank 2 and use that bonus with HazRESs. I suspect they wanted to wean people off of how things have been so that everyone will be more receptive to the stuff they add/change in 1.5 (which may include powerplay missions), though it could just be :frontear: being :frontear:

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

I saw a post earlier about a guy complaining that NPCs are harder now - their AI was changed, improved, and things do more hull damage in general now - and that his Cobra could no longer take wings of 3 vipers and how he was finally gonna have to give in to the SCB meta

I mean I don't understand what game they think they're playing, it's like a totally different experience from mine

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

LCL-Dead posted:

Yeah, I had access to the CQC stress test and have had beta access to all prior patches prior to them going live (Even though I've never installed the beta runs after gamma/release).

I shot an email to support and will hopefully have an answer soon. I know I didn't buy a package with season pass though.

Premium beta was £100/€120/$150 (I know, I paid for it).

If you paid less, you actually have regular beta. No expansion pass (that was selling for 75 bucks separately if I remember correctly.
Regular beta was also $75 I think. And alpha $300 lol

In other news..Braben tweeted this. Seems they have been working on how the planets look (that photo looks a little better than what we had in 1.3)

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 7, 2015

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Also, the CQC launch trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN9vdSmrY2o

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mike the TV posted:

I started out with a THRUSTMASTER HOTAS X and upgraded to a 52pro, so it was a no brainer for me set my new throttle up as a forward/reverse because that's how my old one was. It makes CQC a lot easier because you can do reverse barrel rolls with FA off really fast and feel like a badass (especially if you thrust vertically at the same time). The only issue I have is the X52 has no friction in the middle, so I just set up a small dead-zone of about 8% and my brain figured out pretty fast where the throttle equals zero. It's actually kind of cool because the little friction click it does at high speeds (both forward and reverse) are now exactly where the blue ends in my velocity, so I know exactly where my best maneuverability is.

I hope that was enough nerd-talk and helped you out a bit.

So I played around last night with this method of control and...I dunno. I don't like it. It might take getting used to because I keep throwing myself into reverse, or lurching forward from the pad when trying to lift off because my throttle is ever so slightly forward. I didn't edit the deadzone though, but it still feels unnatural as a whole.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 7, 2015

Zaardvark
Apr 28, 2015

Ceci n'est pas un GIF.

LCL-Dead posted:

What's a good ship for mining that's cheaper than the Vulture?

The Cobra is a surprisingly good mining ship. It has plenty of internal slots, plus two medium hardpoints for two Class 2 mining lasers (although those may cause power problems).

Just for general FYI, this is my current dedicated mining Asp. I mine at Frey B, and sell at Garratt. The round trip takes 40 minutes, and each one nets me between 400,000 - 750,000, depending how picky I am.

http://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/05D5C5D4D4A5D5C2m2m--------05Cb1qP4022i2f.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==?bn=Mining%20Asp

The significant bits:

5D Limpet Controller - that's 3 simultaneous collector limpets, with a 12 minute duration
1A Prospector Limpet Controller - I don't really see the use of having more than one prospector limpet active at a time
Various scanners - you can actually not buy these if you choose, they won't help you mine, but having them means you can do your own surveying

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Where in the devilled gently caress do I get better weapons than the dross I currently have? My class 1 beams are rank F (gimballed) and I'll be hosed if I can't find a better rated set anywhere, same with my class 2 rank E multicannon (gimballed)

(I'm in a DBS)

Also class 4 rank A power plant, jesus. This fitting is tight as hell as it is with a B rank.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Innerguard posted:

Where in the devilled gently caress do I get better weapons than the dross I currently have? My class 1 beams are rank F (gimballed) and I'll be hosed if I can't find a better rated set anywhere, same with my class 2 rank E multicannon (gimballed)

(I'm in a DBS)

You don't. Weapon only get better by size (small/medium/large/huge). Maybe if/when Frontier gives up weapon variants we'll see weapons with different grades for a class.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

chaosapiant posted:

So I played around last night with this method of control and...I dunno. I don't like it. It might take getting used to because I keep throwing myself into reverse, or lurching forward from the pad when trying to lift off because my throttle is ever so slightly forward. I didn't edit the deadzone though, but it still feels unnatural as a whole.

Well yeah just edit the dead zone. It's super easy to change in the game settings.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
CQC is a blast to play, especially on the asteroid maps where you can shake pursuers off or, appear out of nowhere behind an unshielded craft and unload your guns before the pilot even realizes what's going on. Shame the payout is so meagre. I got a flawless match just now where I ended with 7 kills and 1 assist without dying and... it's just not worth it, financially :(

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Innerguard posted:

(I'm in a DBS)

Also class 4 rank A power plant, jesus. This fitting is tight as hell as it is with a B rank.

Look for high tech systems with large populations. They usually have the best selection of parts.

Edit: misunderstood the question!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dante80 posted:

In other news..Braben tweeted this. Seems they have been working on how the planets look (that photo looks a little better than what we had in 1.3)

I'd like to point out that this picture shows a planet with an atmosphere.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
So I pretty much need to get out of the DBS to get a better set of weapons, then? Is there anything which is bigger / has more guns which is as agile (or just about) as the DBS?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dante80 posted:

Premium beta was £100/€120/$150 (I know, I paid for it).

If you paid less, you actually have regular beta. No expansion pass (that was selling for 75 bucks separately if I remember correctly.
Regular beta was also $75 I think. And alpha $300 lol

That's the answer I was looking for. Thank you.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't throwing Star Citizen refund money at something I already had access to.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Kryopsis posted:

CQC is a blast to play, especially on the asteroid maps where you can shake pursuers off or, appear out of nowhere behind an unshielded craft and unload your guns before the pilot even realizes what's going on. Shame the payout is so meagre. I got a flawless match just now where I ended with 7 kills and 1 assist without dying and... it's just not worth it, financially :(

Supposedly the payout is better if you prestige a few times. That'd take forever of course, but you could just have fun until then I guess. I am curious what the top level payout is though. Like are we talking 100k or more?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Kryopsis posted:

Keep in mind they only recently changed it a commander starts out with 5k credits. CQC is fantastic money right out the gate and has no risk to new players.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Did the servers poo poo the bed when it comes to exploration data over the past week? A friend and I both lost about a week's worth of expedition data in that none of the systems visited and scanned show up as being visited or scanned now.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Some people from the interdiction complaint thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=188506) are reporting that interdicting gets a bit easier under the new mechanics if you sacrifice some of your higher class slots to accommodate a higher class interdictor. I'm going to try and validate this with my Vulture tonight by dropping my 4A Shield Cell Battery for a 4A Interdictor. While this sucks to do, it is at least the first time that I have felt I have had to make a real "choice" with my ship's build. I guess that could be considered a win with the changes here, even though its a win that comes from such a soul crushing nerf.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Innerguard posted:

So I pretty much need to get out of the DBS to get a better set of weapons, then? Is there anything which is bigger / has more guns which is as agile (or just about) as the DBS?

The Vulture. Only 2 hardpoints, but they are for bigass guns which melt all common ships in seconds. Turns on a dime, too.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Anyone get a Dropship Mk II? Liking the possible loadouts and it's at a price that actually feels reachable (despite being down to 2m credits)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Siets posted:

Some people from the interdiction complaint thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=188506) are reporting that interdicting gets a bit easier under the new mechanics if you sacrifice some of your higher class slots to accommodate a higher class interdictor. I'm going to try and validate this with my Vulture tonight by dropping my 4A Shield Cell Battery for a 4A Interdictor. While this sucks to do, it is at least the first time that I have felt I have had to make a real "choice" with my ship's build. I guess that could be considered a win with the changes here, even though its a win that comes from such a soul crushing nerf.

I was interdicting anything with a 2A so I assume this was another "mechanic bugged in players' favor"

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
They might have just made it scale range with class and difficulty with grade. I had a 4C on my python last night and noted it to be significantly harder even though I still never lost, but it was mindlessly simple before anyway.

It also looks like they fixed the submission giving you a short fsd cooldown bug. Thanks for interdicting me for a "no problems here" scan, Imperial Navy. I'm only an Imperial Baron, I probably wanted to sit here for 30 seconds anyway.

GaylordButts fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 7, 2015

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GaylordButts posted:

They might have just made it scale range with class and difficulty with grade. I had a 4C on my python last night and noted it to be significantly harder even though I still never lost, but it was mindlessly simple before anyway.

It also looks like they fixed the submission giving you a short fsd cooldown bug. Thanks for interdicting me for a "no problems here" scan, Imperial Navy. I'm only an Imperial Baron, I probably wanted to sit here for 30 seconds anyway.

They always said that was intended and not a bug, so if you do have an FSD failure like you fought the interdiction but you actually submitted then this is a NEW bug.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I think it'd make more sense for the warrant/cargo scanners to work in supercruise.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Literally Kermit posted:

Keep in mind they only recently changed it a commander starts out with 5k credits. CQC is fantastic money right out the gate and has no risk to new players.

2000 credits a match is fantastic money? It barely covers your gas mileage in most ships.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Can't get into the game, trying to start gives me an unable to load commander data error, anyone else see this?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Crimson Harvest posted:

Can't get into the game, trying to start gives me an unable to load commander data error, anyone else see this?

Yes me too. At the exact moment when I was selling a whole bunch of slaves.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
same on the xbone.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The server status says 'issues detected' - hope that means they're working on fixing the load issues.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I tried to turn in a mission and it kicked me out saying the "adjudication server" was broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TemporalFugue
Jul 9, 2008

Shipon posted:

Did the servers poo poo the bed when it comes to exploration data over the past week? A friend and I both lost about a week's worth of expedition data in that none of the systems visited and scanned show up as being visited or scanned now.

I sure hope not, because I'm only a few days from home after a weeks long meandering expedition to the galactic core.

• Locked thread