Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Coca Cola calls on Blatter to resign:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/10/02/soccer-fifa-coca-cola-idUKL1N1221VY20151002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:lol:

Looking forward the next world cup being sponsored by Pepsi and Burger King

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sepp will sign Burger King and Pepsi just to spite everyone

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
So is this seen as a good thing? That Coca-Cola and McDonald's are demanding who the head of FIFA is?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
wrap it up blattailures

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

jyrka posted:

So is this seen as a good thing? That Coca-Cola and McDonald's are demanding who the head of FIFA is?

Its a step that a lot of people possibly foresaw, that sponsors would eventually speak out against the corruption. Whether it is a good thing really depends on who replaces him

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm loving it

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jyrka posted:

I don't believe they have endorsed anyone...

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Coca-Cola and McDonald's making demands is much worse for football than the alleged corruption. So FIFA funded the development of football in Africa, who cares.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Corporate cunts jumping off the fence when they realise the dogs in kennels

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Coke and mcdonalds are distancing themselves because they are also involved, I'm sure of it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gigi Galli posted:

Coke and mcdonalds are distancing themselves because they are also involved, I'm sure of it.

If not them personally but their money at least

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

lol at the idea of anyone from these american companies getting arrested

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jose posted:

lol at the idea of anyone from these american companies getting arrested

Some CEO of a peanut butter company just got a life sentence for ignoring salmonella in their products here. We will nail these fatcats.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Union murdering obesity companies tell sport to get its act together

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'd rather have Sepp Blatter in charge of football than Coca-Cola in charge of football.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Wonga demands Blatter steps down after dodgy loan allegations

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

I'd rather have Sepp Blatter in charge of football than Coca-Cola in charge of football.

There wouldn't be any difference though?

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you
If those corporations were directly involved, they wouldn't be calling on Blatter to resign since he likely knows where the bodies are buried. More than likely they don't want their corporate image associated with, well...him. Nor their money.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Hoops posted:

Offsides renamed to "combo meal," goal posts now made from corn syrup in certain markets

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

witz posted:

If those corporations were directly involved, they wouldn't be calling on Blatter to resign since he likely knows where the bodies are buried. More than likely they don't want their corporate image associated with, well...him. Nor their money.

Nah, they're probably just going for the positive press that they might get... 6 months after the corruption charges surfaced.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Adidas is the only core sponsor that really has weight with FIFA....seeing as they basically invented the whole World Cup thing et al.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Hoops posted:

But wasn't Blatter the one who basically negotiated/brought in the current system of World Cup corporate sponsorship under Havelange? So its his fault that they have that much power in the first place?

Granted this is based upon a quick watching of United Passions, but I feel that is a objective and reliable historical source.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

witz posted:

Alternately, they are massive corporations and run by more than one person, and so somebody at Coca-Cola may have agreed a shady deal years ago and now someone else at Coca-Cola is trying to distance the corporation from FIFA once all the dirty laundry is being aired.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
It's almost certain that if the sponsors are linked at all they will sing like birds to the US DOJ in exchange for immunity rather than get sucked into a proceeding of their own. Hell the FBI would probably be jumping over themselves to give them immunity, the sponsors would have the best evidence of any corruption and conveniently located in the United States already.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Sepp Blatter has been suspended by Fifa's ethics committee for 90 days

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mbison.gif

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So who's in charge more? Seems like most of FIFA's leaders are in jail, under investigation, suspended, fired, or have resigned.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

I'm doing all the moves

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

blue footed boobie posted:

So who's in charge more? Seems like most of FIFA's leaders are in jail, under investigation, suspended, fired, or have resigned.

It's going to be like the Iraq War where the US military kills a different #2 in Al Qaeda every week. Eventually, Don Garber will control FIFA, and ban promotion-relegation forever.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Blatter did nothing wrong. Wrong side of history.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

foobardog posted:

It's going to be like the Iraq War where the US military kills a different #2 in Al Qaeda every week. Eventually, Don Garber will control FIFA, and ban promotion-relegation forever.
The World Cup final will be decided by tifos if level after extra time.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
only fifa could kill fifa

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Barn door, horse, etc.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Harsh but fair.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

A paid vacation! Take that Sepp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Just in time for him to come back in February and not step down.