Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think they were talking about this joke post.

I thought it was pretty funny when he posted it, but multiple people thinking it's real has made it even funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I thought it was pretty funny when he posted it, but multiple people thinking it's real has made it even funnier.

It's too real.

I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

OK, I got suckered. But we shall see, we could get lucky and its just six predator rooms and lasts 20 mins.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would be genuinely okay with 6 well-thought out boss battles but I don't think that will happen considering that over the entirety of the Rocksteady Arkham games they've had... 2 well thought out boss battles? Maybe 2.5?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Also given the amount of DLC you get every month, I highly doubt you'd get actual long lasting content like Seasons of Infamy.

loving laughable.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

I would be genuinely okay with 6 well-thought out boss battles but I don't think that will happen considering that over the entirety of the Rocksteady Arkham games they've had... 2 well thought out boss battles? Maybe 2.5?

There's Mr Freeze, Mr Freeze, and Mr Freeze.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mr. Freeze was the only great fight in the Arkham series.

I enjoyed Ra's al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, and Clayface through. They weren't anything special, but they were 3 out of the 4 real boss battles in the series.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Human Crouton posted:

I enjoyed Ra's al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, and Clayface through. They weren't anything special, but they were 3 out of the 4 real boss battles in the series.

i sorta liked Deathstrokes, its kinda wonky, but its cool looking once you get the hand of it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I remember people saying they disliked Clayface's fight, but I thought it was pretty cool. The only bosses I remember from that game are him, Freeze and Solomon Grundy (and Penguin if that really counts), but they were all pretty fun.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Considering the source of that DLC list seems to be "some random guy on the WB Games forums" I'm not putting too much faith in it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Momomo posted:

I remember people saying they disliked Clayface's fight, but I thought it was pretty cool.
What made it more fun for me than anything is that I had no idea it was coming. Clayface being introduced at point blew my mind and it's a pretty energetic little sequence there. It was a good night, that.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Human Crouton posted:

Yeah, those 3 weren't instant classics but they were solid enough.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

redbackground posted:

What made it more fun for me than anything is that I had no idea it was coming. Clayface being introduced at point blew my mind and it's a pretty energetic little sequence there. It was a good night, that.

The coolest thing about the Clayface fight was going back and noticing all of the hints they gave you that Clayface was playing the Joker half of the time.

Maybe Clayface should be considered a real boss fight just because you had to play through a second time to appreciate the build-up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They kind of cheat by having Clayface not be negatively affected by the Freeze Blast when he's pretending to be Joker, too. But it was a great reveal overall.

Clayface should've been in Arkham Knight. Or at least referenced in some way.

I kinda hope that Clayface ended up being the Bruce Wayne and Alfred that blew up at the end because that whole "Next I will become you, Batman" game over quote and his plan on playing the role of a lifetime seem like it'd mesh well there. It'd also be a decently humanizing moment for a villain in the Arkham series.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Harley pretty much ruins the twist in the steel mill when she straight up says "Oh, Mr. J you look much better-- Oh but it's not you is it" or something like that and then the Joker's like "QUIET HARLEY :mad:". And I guess it's in character that she'd blurt it out like that but it did basically spoil all the subtle hints immediately, at least for me.

edit: It's so jarring that I remember when it happens, too. It's right after you return to the big main room with the REC, after you jump up to the double-doors only to get smacked back down into the pit. That they did something so obvious that early on in the game kinda sucks imo because they did so well with it otherwise.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 8, 2015

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

edit: It's so jarring that I remember when it happens, too. It's right after you return to the big main room with the REC, after you jump up to the double-doors only to get smacked back down into the pit. That they did something so obvious that early on in the game kinda sucks imo because they did so well with it otherwise.

actually :v:

I think it happens before you get the REC gun, right after you bust in to the fight. You try to get up, she shuts the doors on you, and then you talk to home base for a bit. Then Harley says her bit but you can skip it if you enter the door to the next area too quickly. Then you go get the REC.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, well gently caress. I was in the general area okay!! My point was they slipped up!!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I think the player is meant to assume on the first go around that she's so ditzy that she's talking to a cardboard cutout or a poster or something. You don't really get a good look at that room until the return trip through the Steel Mill so there's nothing to show she wasn't and by then you've probably forgotten the line.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Harley pretty much ruins the twist in the steel mill when she straight up says "Oh, Mr. J you look much better-- Oh but it's not you is it" or something like that and then the Joker's like "QUIET HARLEY :mad:". And I guess it's in character that she'd blurt it out like that but it did basically spoil all the subtle hints immediately, at least for me.
Even then, that's still a heck of a jump to "Clayface is Joker and I'm going to have to fight a humongous mud monster at the end of the game. And then with swords!"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, but not to 'The healthy joker is an imposter, probably Clayface'.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

That is right before you encounter the fake Joker corpse so the idea is you're supposed to think it's just that.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I always thought the clues about Clayface joker were a nice way to let people know something's off without shouting it out. So you get to actually feel smart when you turn out right.

In discussion of boss fights I actually really like Asylum Killer Croc. As long as you only play the game once it's a fairly nice reversal of the usual predator section ideal and works quite well as a tense atmospheric moment. Doing it a second time is the absolute worst though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ImpAtom posted:

That is right before you encounter the fake Joker corpse so the idea is you're supposed to think it's just that.

I guess that's true. Maybe I just interpreted it differently, and the different way I chose to interpret it also happened to accidentally be the real twist.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

I always thought the clues about Clayface joker were a nice way to let people know something's off without shouting it out. So you get to actually feel smart when you turn out right.

In discussion of boss fights I actually really like Asylum Killer Croc. As long as you only play the game once it's a fairly nice reversal of the usual predator section ideal and works quite well as a tense atmospheric moment. Doing it a second time is the absolute worst though.

The first time through I actually tried to make sure I moved as slowwwwwwwly as possible because that was what the game said (to some effect).
Next time through: " Ah, gently caress it."

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Apparently, the choice of characters for AR missions is dropping today.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Trickjaw posted:

Has a working PC version dropped yet

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ayn rand hand job posted:

Has a working PC version dropped yet

It works "better". The "fixed" version isn't back up for sale yet though, I don't think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trickjaw posted:

Any idea if this has actually happened?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I have the 1.09v download sitting there doing squat, but the have been videos on the Markham Knight YouTube channel. Also, for the person who asked about the PC port, don't be so impatient. Its not even six months since it launched!

E: its 5.2GB. Should be done by breakfast my time. I didn't go thought that Redditch post but all characters are available IF you have their story (ha) pack installed. So Bats, Robin, Az,Rightwing but not batgirl, Harley or Red hood. There is talk of Joker, but I dunno. He has been modelled and all tat, why not?

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 13, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, I might get those challenge packs now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Some things to note:

Only Batman can be used in Catwoman's challenge map unfortunately.

Looks like Red Hood's bullets can also remove electricity.

Catwoman has new animations so she isn't ripping dude's heads off.

Also it looks like Harley is hard-locked to x8 for her takedowns instead of x5 but she has the super mode to make up for it.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 13, 2015

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Everyone who isn't in the main game still has no armor and no special combos. I'm not really surprised by the lack of combos but not adding any armor is kind of lame.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

Looks like Red Hood's bullets can also remove electricity.

Haha what

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Just downloaded the 1.09 patch and the only difference I saw was the Extra Gotham's Greatest Points added next to my total AR challenge score. I guess it's now kind of useful for keeping track of the DLC trophies, but that's it?

It's good to know my 5.2 GB went to one new (kind of bullshot generator) function.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junior Jr. posted:

Just downloaded the 1.09 patch and the only difference I saw was the Extra Gotham's Greatest Points added next to my total AR challenge score. I guess it's now kind of useful for keeping track of the DLC trophies, but that's it?

It's good to know my 5.2 GB went to one new (kind of bullshot generator) function.

It's not just one function. It at very least contains new some animations for Catwoman and probably some other stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just watched the first 2 Nolan movies for the first time since they came out and I never realized how heavily influenced Arkham was by them, beyond the aesthetic similarities. AK is has a really similar story to Batman begins and detective mode was straight out of The Dark Knight. Not that it's a bad thing it's just interesting to see.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Chasiubao posted:

Is that what it was? I went back to Origins and was getting beaten up by every random thug. That's a loving terrible reason to mess with the game's timing :psyduck:

Were you playing on pc? Something is very off and different about combat on pc origins, and I'm of the opinion it's something to do with framerate or vsync, and yeah its not present in challenge maps.

This isn't a change to make batman less experienced, they even said they tried that at first and it was a horrible idea.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

NESguerilla posted:

I just watched the first 2 Nolan movies for the first time since they came out and I never realized how heavily influenced Arkham was by them, beyond the aesthetic similarities. AK is has a really similar story to Batman begins and detective mode was straight out of The Dark Knight. Not that it's a bad thing it's just interesting to see.

The soundtrack influence is pretty heavy too. Arkham Knight specifically is basically just Modern Batman Movie: The Video Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

The soundtrack influence is pretty heavy too. Arkham Knight specifically is basically just Modern Batman Movie: The Video Game.

I'm convinced they were channeling Zimmer on the theme song for Arkham City.

• Locked thread