Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

We should be seeing their other three OS Throttlebots by the end of the year

Really? That's awesome. I have to wonder if it'll still be a combiner, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I was referring to decepticons

So did anyone at the office make a joke that the proto-type version of him was Alphatron?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Really? That's awesome. I have to wonder if it'll still be a combiner, though.

God, OS Throttlekaiser is gonna be loving massive.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

Why are you all still talking about combiners when there's unofficial Dinobot news?

The FansToys Dibots are just the best. I originally got into the line specifically because I knew they'd do Sludge up right.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope hasbro drops Kre-O this year and gives the transformer building set rights over to lego.

That Lego Dimensions game has an entire world based around 1980's Midway Arcades, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and apparently soon old lego series like M-Tron, Pirates and Castle.

We need a proper lego optimus prime that can play with videogame mans.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Just saw an 18 wheeler with full transformers print on both sides. I should have followed it and fast and furioused it, right?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Heading to the city to see some new Transformers tonight! Anyone have Taint Reaper questions I should ask?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

therealjon_ posted:

Heading to the city to see some new Transformers tonight! Anyone have Taint Reaper questions I should ask?

NYCC? Maybe I'll see you there.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

Ask them incredibly detailed questions about the sculpts of the Headmaster partners' chestplates and the coloring thereof. Be sure that no answer is good enough, no matter how carefully worded or informative.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'll be there on Saturday. Last year, all I wanted from my NYCC experience was to buy a Transformer and the only things I saw all day were some 3p Dinobots and a MP Acid Storm marked up to $150

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope hasbro drops Kre-O this year and gives the transformer building set rights over to lego.

That Lego Dimensions game has an entire world based around 1980's Midway Arcades, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and apparently soon old lego series like M-Tron, Pirates and Castle.
Please provide a source for Lego Dimensions having M:TRON because that would just make my day. Especially since Lego said they would not revive M:TRON due to not putting magnets in anything anymore.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

Please provide a source for Lego Dimensions having M:TRON because that would just make my day. Especially since Lego said they would not revive M:TRON due to not putting magnets in anything anymore.

Your tape, reaped again.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DoctorWhat posted:

God, OS Throttlekaiser is gonna be loving massive.

That's exactly why I am unsure if they'll include the combiner bits and bobs. Would they be worth getting if they don't combine? I haven't actually heard any bad things about the three current OS Throttlebots thus far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

That's exactly why I am unsure if they'll include the combiner bits and bobs. Would they be worth getting if they don't combine? I haven't actually heard any bad things about the three current OS Throttlebots thus far.

Didn't all the combiner bits ship with the torso bot on the legit TBs? I seriously doubt they'd go to the trouble of finishing it and not allow it to combine.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Didn't all the combiner bits ship with the torso bot on the legit TBs? I seriously doubt they'd go to the trouble of finishing it and not allow it to combine.

The feet came with Goldbug and the hands/head came with whoever the orange SUV is. That is true.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sockser posted:

I'll be there on Saturday. Last year, all I wanted from my NYCC experience was to buy a Transformer and the only things I saw all day were some 3p Dinobots and a MP Acid Storm marked up to $150

TFGoon Goonmeet? I'll be there all four days dressed as the 6th Doctor Who.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
We should sort something for TFCon 2016 in Chicago. I appreciate that's literally a year from now. Apparently there's going to be more space this time around, which is good, because 2014 felt like 3 shoeboxes put together and shoved into the basement of a hotel.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'll be at TFCon Charlotte this month. I got one weekend left to finish pricing things and I've been stressing out over it. Goons, come to Charlotte and by my garba- erm I mean cool toys please.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

TFGoon Goonmeet? I'll be there all four days dressed as the 6th Doctor Who.

I'll be there today through Saturday running around taking pictures and buying toys. If you guys figure out some kind of meet spot I'll stop over and say "hi" awkwardly!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

We should sort something for TFCon 2016 in Chicago. I appreciate that's literally a year from now. Apparently there's going to be more space this time around, which is good, because 2014 felt like 3 shoeboxes put together and shoved into the basement of a hotel.

EVERYONE PLAN TO GO

I will get the biggest suite and we can lewedly mis-transform combiners into the early morning, every goon needs to develop a taste for gin and local beer.
I hope the other conventions going on are good sports.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Is TFCon usually in the fall? The admission prices look pretty nice and all so if it's in Chicago, maybe I can hit and Botcon next year~ Chicago is only a 5 hour drive through Indiana for me and all.

Also Blackjack's friends showed up~

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 7, 2015

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah honestly I choked a bit as though I were swallowing one of those little magnets when I read that. Just Taint Reaping or is there any truth to the return of any of the old Space themes?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Mark your calendars and start planning your vacation Transformers fans, TFcon USA returns to Chicago in 2016! The 2016 convention will be heading back to the Hyatt Regency O’Hare (where it was held this past year in 2014) on October 21-23, 2016 and feature a larger space than in 2014. Put in those requests off from work and start planning your trip to TFcon USA!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tighclops posted:

Yeah honestly I choked a bit as though I were swallowing one of those little magnets when I read that. Just Taint Reaping or is there any truth to the return of any of the old Space themes?
If you want some classic Space dudes, grab the Lego Ideas Exo-Suit before it's completely gone because the Green Space minifigs(never before made) in it are probably going to be like 30+ bucks each eventually and it's also a sweet-rear end set, I think amazon still has it for 28 bucks Clean your desk

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Tighclops posted:

The Lego Movie benny pack already has old space stuff.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Captain Invictus posted:

Clean your desk

Haha not my desk~

Also score it is in the fall :D I will start planning ASAP!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please don't beat off with hand sanitizer.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Tighclops posted:

Just Taint Reaping or is there any truth to the return of any of the old Space themes?

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Lego Movie benny pack already has old space stuff.

I'm not even a Lego fan but jesus christ just stop posting dumb speculative bullshit, especially dumb speculative bullshit that's off topic.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Transformers Devastation really feels like an honest to god G1 episode, completely with as many original voices as they could get, including Dan Gilvezan as Bumblebee, aka the only likable Bumblebee. Last night, playing Devastation, it kind of reminded me just how much I love G1 and how indifferent I am to everything else transformers except for Beast Wars. I think I just liked Animated a lot at the time because it had a ton of G1 and Beast Wars fan service.

After a few years of the IDW comics being all dark and political and adult and all that, TF:Devastation being a 80s Saturday morning cartoon is kind of refreshing. I almost kind of want them to just go "gently caress it" and start making G1 episodes. Devastation is already practically that, just as a video game.

Endless Mike posted:

I'd imagine that would sting something fierce if it got in your dickhole.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

You're not my supervisor!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

You're not my supervisor!

Please stop loving the soap dispensers in the bathroom Rhyno, this is like the third time I've had to call you into the office to tell you this

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'll be at TFCon Charlotte this month. I got one weekend left to finish pricing things and I've been stressing out over it. Goons, come to Charlotte and by my garba- erm I mean cool toys please.
Yeahhhhh Charlotte tfcon party! I'm there.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

Yeahhhhh Charlotte tfcon party! I'm there.

Sweet!

Everybody's talking about Chicago and disrespecting the Tar Heel state when that con's just a couple weeks away. :colbert: Slimy? Mudhole? My home this is!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I do not mean to disrespect or anything like that. There is just no way I can get there due to work and all. I hope you have fun all of you who are going though :3:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

therealjon_ posted:

I'll be there today through Saturday running around taking pictures and buying toys. If you guys figure out some kind of meet spot I'll stop over and say "hi" awkwardly!

Just find someone dressed up as the 6th doctor and start making out with him. If the cops don't get involved it's Doctor What, because he read this post. The spectacle should draw the other goons, since they read this post.

As a bonus, that will be the stand in for an awkward hello, and you can get right into the discussions.

Perfect plan, unless you find someone else dressed up as the 6th doctor first.

I have questions:

A)Why is their hand sanitizer there?
B)Why did you open your Stunticons on someone else's desk?
C)Is it also someone else's house?
D)Why do you need hand sanitizer at a desk, especially if it is your own?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Please do not sexually assault me at comiccon, or indeed at all

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What's your plan then, pick a spot like a near by McDonald's or something?

boring.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Anora posted:

I have questions:

A)Why is their hand sanitizer there?
B)Why did you open your Stunticons on someone else's desk?
C)Is it also someone else's house?
D)Why do you need hand sanitizer at a desk, especially if it is your own?

I will answer questions:

A) No idea, mom or dad put it there
B) Opened them on table next to desk, the one Menasor is standing on, figured I'd pose them on the family PC Desk
C) I don't think this is someone else's house...unless this is some kind of parallel universe. If so, poo poo.
D) I am going to guess to keep germs off keyboard? Again, no idea

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Transformers Devastation really feels like an honest to god G1 episode, completely with as many original voices as they could get, including Dan Gilvezan as Bumblebee, aka the only likable Bumblebee. Last night, playing Devastation, it kind of reminded me just how much I love G1 and how indifferent I am to everything else transformers except for Beast Wars. I think I just liked Animated a lot at the time because it had a ton of G1 and Beast Wars fan service.

After a few years of the IDW comics being all dark and political and adult and all that, TF:Devastation being a 80s Saturday morning cartoon is kind of refreshing. I almost kind of want them to just go "gently caress it" and start making G1 episodes. Devastation is already practically that, just as a video game.

As a small kid I used to wonder "man, the autobots always have Omega Supreme there just laying around, why don't they just tell him to go stomp the decepticons flat!" And then in animated when he becomes active for a while he goes and does exactly that. I still appreciate Animated because of stuff like that. He also did this in on issue of the Marvel comics.

Anyway how hard/fun is the game? My big brother used to watch TFs with me and he likes games but is a very casual gamer. Is it still enjoyable for a non tryhard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

As a small kid I used to wonder "man, the autobots always have Omega Supreme there just laying around, why don't they just tell him to go stomp the decepticons flat!" And then in animated when he becomes active for a while he goes and does exactly that. I still appreciate Animated because of stuff like that. He also did this in on issue of the Marvel comics.

Anyway how hard/fun is the game? My big brother used to watch TFs with me and he likes games but is a very casual gamer. Is it still enjoyable for a non tryhard?

On Normal it's easy enough to be boring. On Easy it practically plays itself. I'd say most casual players could handle Easy and Normal without much problem.