Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

Also I had a rough couple years from 2012-2014 but have mostly pulled out of it.

2015: holy gently caress, life owns. It's been nothing but up since I got my license back in late 2014. House is in the best shape it's been in since I got it, met an amazing girl at an old friend's wedding and things have gone better than I ever thought possible. It's likely I'll have a heated house to live in this winter for the first time since 2010-2011, too. And I've gotten $20k in raises in two years.

realtalk i aspire to be making a post like this 5 years from now once i'm done with school and working a real job for the first time in my life (sears & dishwashing jobs don't count even though they took up 5 years of my life)

i'm really sick of being the guy who always complains about being broke and relying on his mom for literally everything and it frustrates me to no end that at 27 i still can't say i support myself. despite my meltdown last week i realize i'm making progress and have been since i quit smoking pot and hanging out with dipshits in 2008, but when I realize i'm still living in the same house and still having mommy pay all my bills despite all i've done it's really loving hard to keep all that in perspective when it amounts to jack and poo poo in my day-to-day life.

basically good on you and everyone else here who's got their poo poo somewhat together and is making poo poo work, you're an inspiration to people like me who aren't as far along to where they want to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Hey guys...

http://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/651809264483336192/photo/1

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Yes, yeeeesssssssss

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Enourmo posted:

realtalk i aspire to be making a post like this 5 years from now once i'm done with school and working a real job for the first time in my life (sears & dishwashing jobs don't count even though they took up 5 years of my life)

i'm really sick of being the guy who always complains about being broke and relying on his mom for literally everything and it frustrates me to no end that at 27 i still can't say i support myself. despite my meltdown last week i realize i'm making progress and have been since i quit smoking pot and hanging out with dipshits in 2008, but when I realize i'm still living in the same house and still having mommy pay all my bills despite all i've done it's really loving hard to keep all that in perspective when it amounts to jack and poo poo in my day-to-day life.

basically good on you and everyone else here who's got their poo poo somewhat together and is making poo poo work, you're an inspiration to people like me who aren't as far along to where they want to be.

A different perspective: Both of my sisters (the younger one being 33, the older being 39) are both heavily reliant on my parents for financial support, even if they aren't directly living with my parents (younger sister lives with her in-laws!). It has been this way for a LONG time. Oh, and my dad just took an early retirement because of the slowdown up in Canaduh, so they may be in for a shock soon.

I've been the only one living independent of parents for quite some time (coming up on 10 years!), though I do have to admit the In-laws are helping us quite a bit in a few ways. I think that's just the way of things in this economy. poo poo sucks, but I'll take help where I can get it. We're living comfortably in a nice place and I have an amazing family. It's pretty awesome, tbh.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

ssjonizuka posted:

A different perspective: Both of my sisters (the younger one being 33, the older being 39) are both heavily reliant on my parents for financial support, even if they aren't directly living with my parents (younger sister lives with her in-laws!). It has been this way for a LONG time...

People who are past their early 20s and are still financially dependent on their parents are so loving weird to me.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Sigma X posted:

People who are past their early 20s and are still financially dependent on their parents are so loving weird to me.

Seemingly they didn't quite get as much out of the almost daily overdraft notices in the mail from the bank when we were kids as I did...

Credit cards are free money, right? :v:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Sigma X posted:

Does financially dependent on CapitalOne and Discover count?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Sigma X posted:

you missed out on that whole economic crash didnt you?

I come from the school of thought that I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe that early 20's kid had a huge loving medical bill and is trying to get on their feet, or maybe they are just really bad with money. Either way, its not my place to judge on how people live their lives. (Even though I think universal health care should be a thing so we aren't in a loving mess like this)

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I got back from a weekend in Dublin on Monday night and found this:

The embarassing part was I had to call the RAC man to my own driveway to remove the wheel for me because the bolts were stuck fast and I couldn't drag my mains-powered impact gun out in the middle of the storm that was happening at the time. :sigh:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

jammyozzy posted:

I got back from a weekend in Dublin on Monday night and found this:

The embarassing part was I had to call the RAC man to my own driveway to remove the wheel for me because the bolts were stuck fast and I couldn't drag my mains-powered impact gun out in the middle of the storm that was happening at the time. :sigh:

Don't you own an umbrella?

R: someone at work commented a week ago that I must be terrible with my money because I drive a rusty e46 and he, on less money, drives a "nice car". I'm sure his mid-grade focus makes living with his mum worthwhile.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 7, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cakefool posted:

Don't you own an umbrella?

umbrella keeps water off you not the ground

i wouldn't be loving with 240V stuff in the rain either

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

scuz posted:

Does financially dependent on CapitalOne and Discover count?
Naw, that's p. normal.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

you missed out on that whole economic crash didnt you?

I come from the school of thought that I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe that early 20's kid had a huge loving medical bill and is trying to get on their feet, or maybe they are just really bad with money. Either way, its not my place to judge on how people live their lives. (Even though I think universal health care should be a thing so we aren't in a loving mess like this)

I'm 34. When you say "missed out", I'm assuming, maybe wrongly, that you are implying I was either too old, too established, to feel the effects of the recession, or that I was to young to be in the workplace during the recession. Neither's true.

However, I've certainly dated women, met people, heard of people, who never gained independence (financial, social, or other) from their parents, and are perfectly fine with it being that way. It doesn't matter if it's a 25 year old who moved back in with mom'n'pop after college because she couldn't find anything better than a minimum-wage fast food job, or the 49 year old I worked with who made six figures, lived with his mom, and depended solely on her for laundry, meals, transportation, and money-handling. Doesn't matter, still loving weird.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

kastein posted:

While we're tearing each other down and admitting our lives are hosed up, Phone, stop blaming EEs for something that Franklin got wrong centuries ago and we've been stuck with ever since, electrons being negative is essentially that nasty legacy code you can't gently caress with because you break everything.

Also I had a rough couple years from 2012-2014 but have mostly pulled out of it.
2015: holy gently caress, life owns. It's been nothing but up since I got my license back in late 2014. House is in the best shape it's been in since I got it, met an amazing girl at an old friend's wedding and things have gone better than I ever thought possible. It's likely I'll have a heated house to live in this winter for the first time since 2010-2011, too. And I've gotten $20k in raises in two years.

I've been feeling really depressed lately and I have no idea why, could be the season change :shrug: It really sucks that I'll be feeling ok for like a couple of hours, then sad for like the rest of the day, with no reason. Faking it to be functional is hard. I'm thinking about seeing a therapist, but I had some bad experiences when I was younger and being forced to go, but I'm still thinking I need to go.

I need to get rid of more stuff at home, and build some sheds (for lawn equipment, so I have both bays of the garage back). It's just incredibly draining to sort through my Dad's stuff after doing it for the better part of 2 years (he died in 2013). I usually get trashed on wine then throw stuff in boxes (making a list, so I can deduct the donations at tax time) and seal them so I don't pull stuff out afterwords. Both of my parents were/are hoarders, so I know that I struggle with that, & sealing the boxes stops me from pulling stuff back out. It's so much stuff though. It's also been hard to do that because I'm like the only person at the house who actually cleans and does chores, my brother and my roommate are some lazy SOB's.

In way less depressing news, I got a dog in July, he is awesome and when I bribe him with food he sometimes lets me take a picture:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Sigma X posted:

Naw, that's p. normal.

I'm 34. When you say "missed out", I'm assuming, maybe wrongly, that you are implying I was either too old, too established, to feel the effects of the recession, or that I was to young to be in the workplace during the recession. Neither's true.

However, I've certainly dated women, met people, heard of people, who never gained independence (financial, social, or other) from their parents, and are perfectly fine with it being that way. It doesn't matter if it's a 25 year old who moved back in with mom'n'pop after college because she couldn't find anything better than a minimum-wage fast food job, or the 49 year old I worked with who made six figures, lived with his mom, and depended solely on her for laundry, meals, transportation, and money-handling. Doesn't matter, still loving weird.
I lost a decent job in 2010 due to the recession and was forced to move back in with my folks for 2 years. I did not have any other sane options, due to the lack of opportunities in South Florida combined with a very high cost of housing.

Getting out of South Florida in 2012 made a huge difference. I love my folks and we got along great but I am glad to not live in their house any more.

Agreeing with kastein, this year and last year have been good to me.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Enourmo posted:

umbrella keeps water off you not the ground

i wouldn't be loving with 240V stuff in the rain either

For real, it would keep me dry but not the extension reel I'd have to drag out there with me. Plus I actually don't own an umbrella. :v:

Something I forgot from the first post, gently caress you Peugeot and your lovely spare tyre cage under the car arrangement.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
gently caress today got busy real quick fuckkkkjjjj

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

jammyozzy posted:

For real, it would keep me dry but not the extension reel I'd have to drag out there with me. Plus I actually don't own an umbrella. :v:

Something I forgot from the first post, gently caress you Peugeot and your lovely spare tyre cage under the car arrangement.

They're fun when they unscrew themselves at 80mph.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Popped a lower rib a few days ago while leaning really far out of my e30's race seat and this is going to suuuuuck for a few weeks till it heals up.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Today was almost a huge success. I converted a 25lb washer running an old two speed motor (wash speed/extract speed) to a new motor controlled by a VFD. I say almost because I replaced the melted spin contactor with a new one that turned out to be the wrong part. They're all Allen-Bradley parts that look identical, but duffer internally.

Everything else worked perfectly, but when it tried to go into extract, it just buzzed and the contactor started to smoke. Whoops! :v:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Wrar posted:

I lost a decent job in 2010 due to the recession and was forced to move back in with my folks for 2 years. I did not have any other sane options, due to the lack of opportunities in South Florida combined with a very high cost of housing.

Getting out of South Florida in 2012 made a huge difference. I love my folks and we got along great but I am glad to not live in their house any more.

Agreeing with kastein, this year and last year have been good to me.

I also lost my job in 2010. Survived on unemployment for a few months while submitting resumés for anything within my skill set. Finally I just started applying anywhere and everywhere that wasn't fast food or delivery. Got a job at Home Despot and thought I'd be okay only to get "let go" from there less than two months later. If it wasn't for my parents' help until I got a job as a baker (which, lovely hours aside, was one of the best jobs I've ever had), I'm sure I would have had to declare bankruptcy.

As a generation, people in their mid-20s to 30s got financially reamed and we will never make as much as our parents generation did at equivalent times in their careers.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Magnus Praeda posted:

As a generation, people in their mid-20s to 30s got financially reamed and we will never make as much as our parents generation did at equivalent times in their careers.

It is not just that generation. I ended up unemployed in the big 'dot-com' crash and ate up all of my savings (and racking up a bunch of debt) before getting back on my feet, and in doing so transitioned from IT into construction, which crashed into the ground in 2009. Everything I'd managed to save up from the 10 years after getting into construction got ate up during the recession thing, I got an entire new load of debt, and now I've started over yet again in IT (now about 4.5 years into new career).

While some of my 'bad luck' has absolutely been my own doing, some of it was just being in the wrong place/industry at the wrong time. I'm 50 and have absolutely no prospects for retirement because of those two huge down-swings for me financially. I have a neighbor who was in construction also, and he never has been able to hold a steady job since the recession, and he's a couple years older than I am.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KozmoNaut posted:

Completely unrelated to this brewing shitstorm, I just noticed something on my old Chromecast.

The model number is H2G2-42, and the model number for the power adapter is MST3K. Goddammit Google, you loving nerds :3:

Holy poo poo, sure enough:
https://www.google.com/search?q=H2G2-42&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

That's awesome.

It's always weird to hear familiar pop songs in another language. I think the one that weirded me out the most so far was Nazareth's Love hurts, in Spanish.

also: late to the party, but what the hell, fjelltorsk?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

What in the actual gently caress. I go to bed early for once and poo poo starts popping off :aaa:

Also, 14" / other PacNorthwest Goons, I may be in Seattle for a little bit starting next week for a job with one of my friends. Any recommendations on gorgeous places to see when i'm not working?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

atomicthumbs posted:

According to The Wirecutter, the best deal on a good router around right now is the TP-Link Archer C7, unless you've got a T-Mobile cell plan in which case you can put down $25 and get a Personal Cellspot, which is a rebranded RT-AC68U that can be reflashed to whatever firmware.

I have the Archer C5, and it's been fantastic. A little lower end, but so far it's handled everything I've thrown at it easily.

Kind of wish I'd gone with the C7 since there's 3rd party firmware, but I was in a hurry and on a budget.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Seattle or just somewhere in the area? you will be here just in time for our 8 months of rain to start

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Magnus Praeda posted:

Guess I'm getting the UniFi, then. I don't have a single wired device--even my Raspberry Pi has a wireless USB stick.

Thanks for the advice! Finally having reliable network connectivity when I'm out mowing the lawn/grilling sounds fantastic. Trying to stream music when my phone can't decide if it wants to be on wifi or LTE gets old quick.

I'm also using a unifi AP and a wired router (router does the DHCP). It is awesome. There is a windows/linux server app/service you need to run to setup the unifi AP and manage them if you have more than one but the AP doesnt care if you dont keep it running all the time as it will cache the config. I only run the server app when I need to change a setting or it gets pissed off if you have a very long power cut.

I've got my unifi AP mounted on the wall of my upstairs landing and it covers my entire house, garden and garage, and often my phone works while in the car on the road within sight of my house.

I've been working from home for the past 2 days doing some research for a job and have set up an entire virtual windows PKI/Radius infrastructure and have multiple SSID's set up on my unifi AP using 802.1x and hitting my virtual servers - and still also have my normal SSID's running so that all my poo poo works normally. The ubiquiti stuff is great.

jammyozzy posted:

Wuss. Extension reel in a bin bag/carrier bag. Tape the bag up if its really heavy rain or put the reel inside the car and feed the wires through the door seal/window

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

T1g4h posted:

What in the actual gently caress. I go to bed early for once and poo poo starts popping off :aaa:

Also, 14" / other PacNorthwest Goons, I may be in Seattle for a little bit starting next week for a job with one of my friends. Any recommendations on gorgeous places to see when i'm not working?

Roxy's Deli in Fremont for Pastrami, Brimmed and Heeltap in Ballard for honestly the finest semifancy dinners between $20-50 out the door cost I think i've had anywhere, my favorite amazing quality sushi ($$$ though, I've easily cleared $100 doing the omakase and fancy sake when I get my tax return every year). Downtown/Belltown/capitol hill there's some cool bars. I reccomend the Unicorn, Big Marios Pizza, Shorty's Pinball and Hot Dogs. The George and Dragon in Fremont for a brIrish expat owned pub with some pretty god damned legit fish and chips, the Boeing Air Museum to see the loving SR71 (yes I know it's the even more rare last of its kind variant I just can't remember the designation code). For other touristy poo poo I highly, highly reccomend the Seattle Underground tour in Pioneer Square. I've done it three seperate times and it's always incredible. Seattle is literally built on top of the ruins of old Seattle and all the shops are still under the city. Check it out. Serious. Takes like 2 hours to complete and only costs $15 iirc so it's a great value to see something you won't see anywhere else.

Speaking of you won't see anywhere else, the Pike Place Market. It's like Rube Goldberg and MC Escher designed a shopping mall in the 1890s.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

:stare: :stare: This loving thread

Utterly speechless. About, like, everything.

14 INCH DICK posted:

the Boeing Air Museum to see the loving SR71 (yes I know it's the even more rare last of its kind variant I just can't remember the designation code)

The only surviving M-21 mothership, to be precise.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrChips posted:

The only surviving M-21 mothership, to be precise.

Goddamn, that's cool. I know Pima Air and Space has one of the D21 drones, which is now part of their awesome SR71 exhibit.

They clearly got some money over the years to preserve them better, too. When I was a kid, the SR71 was outside under a propped-up tarp, and the D21 was stuffed behind a fence without so much as a placard. Now they're both indoors and on display, along with one of the twin-V8 start carts.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

BraveUlysses posted:

Seattle or just somewhere in the area? you will be here just in time for our 8 months of rain to start

Seattle itself. Don't know how long I'll be there, I just know we'll be doing a job there and then heading to Oklahoma City, and frankly Washington has always been on list of places to see / visit while Oklahoma... hasn't :v:

14 INCH DICK posted:

Roxy's Deli in Fremont for Pastrami, Brimmed and Heeltap in Ballard for honestly the finest semifancy dinners between $20-50 out the door cost I think i've had anywhere, my favorite amazing quality sushi ($$$ though, I've easily cleared $100 doing the omakase and fancy sake when I get my tax return every year). Downtown/Belltown/capitol hill there's some cool bars. I reccomend the Unicorn, Big Marios Pizza, Shorty's Pinball and Hot Dogs. The George and Dragon in Fremont for a brIrish expat owned pub with some pretty god damned legit fish and chips, the Boeing Air Museum to see the loving SR71 (yes I know it's the even more rare last of its kind variant I just can't remember the designation code). For other touristy poo poo I highly, highly reccomend the Seattle Underground tour in Pioneer Square. I've done it three seperate times and it's always incredible. Seattle is literally built on top of the ruins of old Seattle and all the shops are still under the city. Check it out. Serious. Takes like 2 hours to complete and only costs $15 iirc so it's a great value to see something you won't see anywhere else.

Speaking of you won't see anywhere else, the Pike Place Market. It's like Rube Goldberg and MC Escher designed a shopping mall in the 1890s.

Oooooh. Definitely gonna have to check out that Air Museum and see if I can wrangle my friend into checking out the Underground tour as well. And it's nice to know you guys have decent places to eat, i'm used to having to choose between KFC / Taco Hell, McD's, and Subway :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Sigma X posted:

Eh. As a 30 something man who does have an apartment, living at home makes a lot of sense. Depending on rent, it can save you 1-2k per month, even factoring in chipping in on bills and such. That is a lot of money that can go into savings for a downpayment on a house or something else. Yes, it makes dating interesting, but if you actually get along with your parents it can make a lot of sense. My parents also have a long driveway and great cable TV.
Moving out because it seema like a social obligation is actually quite wasteful and you ceaee to benefit from economies of scales and shared spaces. Moving out before marriage is actually a fairly recent development in the US and still not universal in many other countries and for a good reason. Spending $1000 per month to have your own place when there is a perfectly good bed a few miles away really doesn't make sense from a purely financial sense.
Yes, I like the independence and freedom, but I'd also like the thousand plus dollars I pay for it to buy useless poo poo (or save).

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
I usually can't keep up with the chat thread, but I'm glad I just experienced the last 4 pages.

On another note, I spent a ton of time today typing up a big post about what I want to do with my project cars and my plans for them all, but realized I made a huge stupid wall of text that I wouldn't read if someone else posted it. So instead I just ordered a camcorder so I can start making video updates of my projects and made a YouTube channel like someone from the 21st century would do.

Prepare for boring footage of broken and not running cars and my ugly face... in 1080p!

Mostly I'm trying to decide what to do with the 4.8L LS engine, T56 Magnum, and built 2.3L 4G63 in my collection. That is if I can get the AMC 360 running again. So many options!

BoostCreep fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 7, 2015

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Oh neat just got out of this conference and the chat thread has 200 new posts.

:stonklol:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BoostCreep posted:

Mostly I'm trying to decide what to do with the 4.8L LS engine, T56 Magnum, and built 2.3L 4G63 in my collection. That is if I can get the AMC 360 running again. So many options!

You should build a drift car and have a laff

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

BoostCreep posted:

I usually can't keep up with the chat thread, but I'm glad I just experienced the last 4 pages.

On another note, I spent a ton of time today typing up a big post about what I want to do with my project cars and my plans for them all, but realized I made a huge stupid wall of text that I wouldn't read if someone else posted it. So instead I just ordered a camcorder so I can start making video updates of my projects and made a YouTube channel like someone from the 20th century would do.

Prepare for boring footage of broken and not running cars and my ugly face... in 1080p!

Color me really loving interested, that sounds like a damned toy store.

Shameless plug below:

[shilling for friends]
My buddies have spent the last like 4 years working on a video sharing app. It's like snapchat, but with groups and you can unshare videos and go back to watch them whenever you want. I really like it, but I'm pretty biased :3: Just think, we could have video logs of Adiabatic's rally weekend nonsense, or 14"'s seemingly bottomless bucket of paternal hijinks, or head gasket how-tos and stuff. https://vidku.com I'm @adam in the app and I started a aigoons group. Video nonsense commence!
[/shilling for friends]

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm 26 and I'm still living at home. Sometimes, I feel like I get judged for it by people. My dad is elderly. I don't think he could take care of the house without me so I stay there and try to help out the best that I can.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

nm posted:

Yes, I like the independence and freedom, but I'd also like the thousand plus dollars I pay for it to buy useless poo poo (or save).

This is why I bought a project house. That thousand bucks goes toward property taxes, water bill (covered by rent normally), and materials to repair the place.

In return I live on my own terms. If I want to throw a shovel through the bedroom window one day, I can. And have. Mostly because I needed to throw a thousand pounds of horsehair plaster out next and the drat window kept sliding down on me.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

This is why I bought a project house. That thousand bucks goes toward property taxes, water bill (covered by rent normally), and materials to repair the place.

In return I live on my own terms. If I want to throw a shovel through the bedroom window one day, I can. And have. Mostly because I needed to throw a thousand pounds of horsehair plaster out next and the drat window kept sliding down on me.
Project houses are awesome, but it's tough to get one if you don't have a lot of capital. The only home loan we could even afford was an FHA, and those guys are picky about what you can and can't spend their money on.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
From Seattle take the ferry to Bremerton and back if you like boat rides and want to see the sound. There's also a navy base in Bremerton if you're into that kinda stuff. The Pinebox on Capital Hill is a really good beer bar in a pretty cool location. The bar scene in Ballard/Fremont is good with 10+ micro breweries inside 1 square mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

scuz posted:

Project houses are awesome, but it's tough to get one if you don't have a lot of capital. The only home loan we could even afford was an FHA, and those guys are picky about what you can and can't spend their money on.

I paid 38k for a bombed out rotted shithole. Most of my friends spent more than that on their down payment.

• Locked thread