Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Carson has all the harmful opinions but is black so its not racist. Carson is the dog whistle candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I posted this in GBS, ironically

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Can you imagine an America without guns? I'd rather be shot dead in Freshman Comp!

Ben Carson posted that on Facebook, unironically.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

Can someone explain the appeal of Carson? Right wing views plus outsider status?

Unapologetic about his strong Christian beliefs, "one of the good ones", said mean things about Obama a while back

A conservative relative who really likes Carson once used him to justify police/vigilantes gunning down unarmed black men, because if Ben Carson could escape from the ghetto and grow up to be a world-renowned neurosurgeon then why can't the rest of those thugs?

v
:golfclap:

my bony fealty fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 7, 2015

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

my bony fealty posted:

Unapologetic about his strong Christian beliefs, "one of the good ones", said mean things about Obama a while black

ftfy

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait to see Trump drop the classiest, most luxurious attack ads in political history

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 22, 2016

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ibogaine posted:

:perfect:

NotJesus, do you have your own blog or website with lots of graphs? I unironically think there is a huge untapped market just waiting for you.

Don't listen to Ibogaine, NotJesus! Start an "Awful Infographics" thread either in RSF or GBS, ????, Goldmine.

Fantastic_Mr_Fox posted:

The whole phrase was a couple letters too long...

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Trump's book Crippled America comes out October 27th, which, if he keeps it up, will be the 100th consecutive day he led in the polls. It is alsothe day before the next debate. Agenda-setting?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Didn't see this posted already, so regarding Carson's "Rush him men, he can't kill us all!" comment, recall that this is not the first time we've heard such sage advice about how to react to a spree killer:

quote:

I'd also like us to encourage people to gang rush shooters, rather than following their instincts to hide; if we drilled it into young people that the correct thing to do is for everyone to instantly run at the guy with the gun, these sorts of mass shootings would be less deadly, because even a guy with a very powerful weapon can be brought down by 8-12 unarmed bodies piling on him at once. Would it work? Would people do it? I have no idea; all I can say is that both these things would be more effective than banning rifles with pistol grips.

Kindergarten Kamikazes: a sensible alternative to maybe making it harder for the dangerously unstable from getting heated.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
¡Jindal!

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/256211-jindal-everyone-should-pay-income-tax

quote:

Instead, Jindal calls for a bottom tax rate of 2 percent and scraps the standard deduction and personal exemption that allow many taxpayers to avoid owing income tax.

Jindal is so desperate to get a reaction he's clamouring to raise taxes

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yes but only on the very poor, i.e. freeloaders so gently caress them.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

¡Jindal!

I liked him better when he was desperately flailing trying to land at least 1 :supaburn: on Trump.

Bobby Jindal posted:

Like a kid in a superhero costume, Trump compares himself to Ronald Reagan, wearing the Gipper's slogan on his forehead as if he just thought of it. But whereas Reagan was a terrible entertainer and a great statesman, Trump is a great entertainer who would be a terrible statesman.

Shine on you crazy diamond!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Jindal should focus on releasing his fundraising numbers for Q3 so I can get a good laugh.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 22, 2016

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Patter Song posted:

Trump's book Crippled America comes out October 27th, which, if he keeps it up, will be the 100th consecutive day he led in the polls. It is alsothe day before the next debate. Agenda-setting?

Weird... that sounds like the kind of thing somebody with a long term plan for a presidential campaign would do.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

... even the remote possibility that one of those tiny fingers could be within reach of the nuclear hot button should give any sane Republican the chills.

Got some bad news for ya, mate

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So Trump's anti-TPP? That might be a good issue for him, it plays into his "I'm a businessman, I can get better deals" shtick and strikes at the divide between what most Republicans' corporate paymasters want and what their xenophobic, regularly-outsourced base wants. Some Conservative outlets have named it "Obamatrade" and see Republican approval of the deal as some kind of concession or surrender rather than exactly the sort of thing their core business interests want.

It'd be another slice of delicious irony if the frothing Obamacare hate the GOP instilled in their supporters came back to bite them when programs they actually like start getting Obama-prefixed. Kind of like when the hardcore scuppered the Grand Bargain for Obama not conceding enough in it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

¡Jindal!

The tax rate on the first $9k of income is 10% so isn't this a tax cut? :v:

Wait no standard deduction? lol

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free

Dolash posted:

So Trump's anti-TPP? That might be a good issue for him, it plays into his "I'm a businessman, I can get better deals" shtick and strikes at the divide between what most Republicans' corporate paymasters want and what their xenophobic, regularly-outsourced base wants. Some Conservative outlets have named it "Obamatrade" and see Republican approval of the deal as some kind of concession or surrender rather than exactly the sort of thing their core business interests want.

It'd be another slice of delicious irony if the frothing Obamacare hate the GOP instilled in their supporters came back to bite them when programs they actually like start getting Obama-prefixed. Kind of like when the hardcore scuppered the Grand Bargain for Obama not conceding enough in it.

this is happening with common core too

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Dolash posted:

I think there's some ground for Trump to pick up on an view he shares with Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren of all people. Once he starts on that the lease-holders of the JEB! and Rubio campaign favor these deals, the base will eat it up. It's not often you get a view that is both against Obama and against corporate overlords.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I had to check. His fingers aren't that bad.
Google Image Search for "Trump's Fingers"

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I had to check. His fingers aren't that bad.
Google Image Search for "Trump's Fingers"

Good Strong Slavic Fingers
+2 Grip Strength
-1 Dexterity
Effects: Blocks "Letting Go" for all active candidates

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Most of the candidates have posted answers regarding their views on themselves and various issues over at "Skimm Your Candidate"

http://www.theskimm.com/skimm-your-candidate

Makes for some interesting reading

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

theblackw0lf posted:

Most of the candidates have posted answers regarding their views on themselves and various issues over at "Skimm Your Candidate"

Lincoln Chafee posted:

ANY INTERESTING DORM MATES GROWING UP THAT WE MIGHT HAVE HEARD OF?
Well, funny you should ask. One of my dorm mates in tenth grade is running for president also, Jeb Bush. We had some spirited games of ping-pong and our paths have not crossed much since high school but I think we still consider each other friends.

I really want to see Jeb! and Chafee playing ping pong.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ted Cruz has good opinions on coffee.

edit this is pretty fun, btw

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lincoln Chafee had a dorm...in 10th grade....with Jeb Bush? :psyduck:

e: oh i guess it was a boarding school, but still

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Smoothrich posted:

Someone thought that Creative Assembly gave African and Russian factions bonus charge damage in a Total War game because Africans and Russians "don't understand technology" which I thought was legitimately racist, to project that kind of thinking on the intent of CA. Like they've never seen Rocky or watched UFC or anything where some monstrously strong Russian beats the poo poo out of everybody routinely.

Guess I am wrong, I thought Fedor already fought Brock.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 7, 2015

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

a shameful boehner posted:

The New England elite is a small world and they all go to the same boarding schools: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillips_Academy

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

theblackw0lf posted:

Pretty interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.

Most interesting tidbits:

- Hillary says she supported arming the Syrian rebels when the civil war first started, but says it's way too late to do it now and won't support it.
- She also says Obamacare achieved its goals of increasing coverage, but she says she will push for 3 big changes to it. Reducing out of pocket costs even further, making mental health care benefits more generous, and getting rid of the "Cadillac Tax."
- Ted Cruz describes himself as an avid "iPhone gamer."
- Ted Cruz says "I support women having the right to choose in every aspect of their life, but I also support the right to life of every unborn child." :psyduck:
- Bernie Sanders says the most interesting fact about his life is he has 7 grandchildren.
- Lincoln Chafee used to be dorm-mates with Jeb Bush and thinks that adopting the metric system is a symbolic gesture of world unity.

Edit: Also, lol at Ted Cruz saying his greatest weakness is how strong he is. It reminds of this scene from The Office:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPeVlduKfyU

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 7, 2015

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

e: oh i guess it was a boarding school, but still

But does Jeb mention Chafee as being his old roomie?

Edit: Looks like they ask them different questions, but no, Jeb doesn't mention Chafee. :(

Coatlicue fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 7, 2015

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Now here's a great premise for a sitcom.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Samuel Clemens posted:

"B-B-But it's the Party of Lincoln!!!!"

"No it isn't." :smug:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

The bunking arrangements connote excitement.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Edit: Also, lol at Ted Cruz saying his greatest weakness is how strong he is. It reminds of this scene from The Office:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPeVlduKfyU

Peak Cruz

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Gravy Jones posted:

Well at least he's comparing the gays to conjoined twins instead of pedophiles or bestiality enthuthiasts. That's progress right?

Only if he doesn't make it his mission to separate the gays like he separated those twins.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hillary just came out against TPP which is a bit of a surprise

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FlamingLiberal posted:

Cool shes coping what Obama said when he ran for president.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

All we need is Trump to poo poo all over the bill (if he hasnt already) and TPP has a strong chance of dying a public and well-earned death.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Certainly, Hillary coming out against it puts it further in the public discourse, meaning it's more likely the Republicans will have to address it.

On the other hand, as much as some conservatives have dubbed it Obamatrade, Hillary being against it puts Trump and her on the same side. If establishment candidates voice their support for the deal they may point to her opposing it to give themselves some cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

FlamingLiberal posted:

no, god, no

for the sake of everyone, no one can post about TPP ever again

• Locked thread