Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
My previous planned date was going as one but me and him are uh, no longer together. My current date is a lady type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I knew he was still alive.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

That's some creepy poo poo right there. Fuckin' uncanny.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

I keep trying to find some tiny fault in this and I can't.
Perfect.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

"Why does this noob have less then 1300 health?, A level 14 Garen should have 1960 base health before items, thats without counting runes and masterys, and furthermore..."
:riot: :goonsay: :riot:

6/10

For those who don't waste their life playing MOBAs its Garen from League of Legends with his 40k inspired Steel Legion skin complete with summer name level, and health bar.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

xoFcitcrA posted:

I keep trying to find some tiny fault in this and I can't.
Perfect.

If you really want a fault...
the socks are the wrong color

I'm not as happy now that I figured it out, so I spoilered it if you want to remain unaware. Seriously, that's a fantastic job.

Got Moloko
Aug 23, 2011

Milk+

Choco1980 posted:

My previous planned date was going as one but me and him are uh, no longer together. My current date is a lady type.

Eh, I'm doing a Wargirl thing for Hallowe'en. Pretty much the same as a Warboy costume, just add a bandeau.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Mezzanine posted:

I'm not as happy now that I figured it out, so I spoilered it if you want to remain unaware. Seriously, that's a fantastic job.

And a name tag, pen, clip on watch, and lapel pin.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Got Moloko posted:

Eh, I'm doing a Wargirl thing for Hallowe'en. Pretty much the same as a Warboy costume, just add a bandeau.

I actually don't know what she's going to end up doing. This will, believe it or not, be a first date though we've been talking for weeks. It'll be weird if we hit it off just because all our follow-up possible plans for the next month are all also Halloween related and I'm just going to recycle my costume, so like, she'll only be seeing me as some post apocalyptic punk type for a while.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Mezzanine posted:

Lord Frisk posted:

And a name tag, pen, clip on watch, and lapel pin.

Oh. Well, it's garbage then. :colbert:

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

xoFcitcrA posted:

Oh. Well, it's garbage then. :colbert:

Man, you're in the cosplay thread. Saying "I can't find anything wrong with this whatsoever" is a straight-up challenge for accuracy experts to pick it apart! They probably wouldn't have said anything otherwise.

I noticed the missing clip-on watch, but I didn't remember the other stuff

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I would have said it's the best Ledger Joker I've seen. It is.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

That's really cool.
It's like one of those, 'is it a duck or is it a rabbit' illusions.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Patattack posted:

Man, you're in the cosplay thread. Saying "I can't find anything wrong with this whatsoever" is a straight-up challenge for accuracy experts to pick it apart! They probably wouldn't have said anything otherwise.

I noticed the missing clip-on watch, but I didn't remember the other stuff

Fair enough, I just couldn't tear my eyes away from that face/hair/posture. Good stuff.

From a number of pages back, there was a conversation about some cool Darth Vader armor. Here are some pics to go with that for anyone who didn't click the link.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Before anyone bitches about the helmet looking "weird" it's an obvious homage to Ralph McQuarrie's original concept drawings of Vader:

I also found a full Vader costume in that style:

It's a thing.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I actually like this a lot, at least the helmet. The design in the movies always seemed... clunky or something. Then again, part of the appeal was him being a rather massive, authoritative persona. Calm and collected, exuding confidence and power. Both work, I guess, in their own way, but I'm not all that much into Star Wars so what do I know.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Taeke posted:

I actually like this a lot, at least the helmet. The design in the movies always seemed... clunky or something. Then again, part of the appeal was him being a rather massive, authoritative persona. Calm and collected, exuding confidence and power. Both work, I guess, in their own way, but I'm not all that much into Star Wars so what do I know.

Yep. Original design has very angry eyebrows.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I always just wished we had a scene in the OT like the concept art, where Luke is all done up in gear like that fighting Vader on some random base. That particular drawing really captures the sense of possibility that Star Wars at its best has, and has long capitalized on and run into the loving ground.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

BattleCattle posted:

Yep. Original design has very angry eyebrows.

Less so in the concept drawing I quoted, but in the costume very much so, yeah.

mind the walrus posted:

I also found a full Vader costume in that style:

It's a thing.

It gives him a rather surprised look.

e: Now I'm imagining him sitting on a couch in one of those trashy TV shows being told he's the father.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

:perfect:

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

I really love this

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

You can pick nits, but that makeup job and the posture sell it.

Dude even has the same build. The hairline alone....

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

You can pick nits, but that makeup job and the posture sell it.

Dude even has the same build. The hairline alone....

If he can do the voice and act even remotely as well as the original, you could probably just make another Batman movie with the Joker as a villain without anyone really complaining.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ramos posted:

If he can do the voice and act even remotely as well as the original, you could probably just make another Batman movie with the Joker as a villain without anyone really complaining.

No way, we want rad tats, a Guido cut, and a sweet grill on Joker now. Maybe a skateboard.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Screaming Idiot posted:

No way, we want rad tats, a Guido cut, and a sweet grill on Joker now. Maybe a skateboard.

You rang?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Canibite :v:

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Ozz81 posted:

Canibite :v:

I dunno, CenoBite is fine as it is, I don't know why you're all loving around with the spelling.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

FUND IT.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Oh dear :3:

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

This one quacks me up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That's one dapper duck.

Someone needs to do a wonder pets cosplay(with animals).

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

If you look the part, you might as well play the role.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rough Lobster posted:

If you look the part, you might as well play the role.

I really hope he made the connection and decided to do that himself, because I really can't imagine the conversation where it comes out.

"Hey, Jeff, this is gonna sound weird, but I was watching the History Channel..."

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

:dogbutton:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You say cosplayer, I say Hitler killed an opportunistic time-traveller and stole their ride/equipment :stare:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You say cosplayer, I say Hitler killed an opportunistic time-traveller and stole their ride/equipment :stare:.

The fate that the eleventh doctor truly deserved. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread