Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Ever have one of those days that just makes you wanna cut off your own head? Where absolutely nothing goes right and despite working your rear end off for 8+ hours you feel like you've accomplished absolutely nothing? Where nothing (loving NOTHING) goes your way? I'm just wrapping up one of those.

Oh, and my wife calls me and tells me that there's something rainbow-y on the driveway where my car sits. Can't loving wait to go home to figure out what that is. Been a great day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

scuz posted:

Color me really loving interested, that sounds like a damned toy store.

Shameless plug below:

[shilling for friends]
My buddies have spent the last like 4 years working on a video sharing app. It's like snapchat, but with groups and you can unshare videos and go back to watch them whenever you want. I really like it, but I'm pretty biased :3: Just think, we could have video logs of Adiabatic's rally weekend nonsense, or 14"'s seemingly bottomless bucket of paternal hijinks, or head gasket how-tos and stuff. https://vidku.com I'm @adam in the app and I started a aigoons group. Video nonsense commence!
[/shilling for friends]

No Windows Phone version, no sale :colbert:

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

You should build a drift car and have a laff

I've already started researching motor mounts and scouring Craigslist.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oooh I should go to the Museum of Flight this weekend, they are moving the Dreamliner on Monday and it will be gone until next year :X

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

I paid 38k for a bombed out rotted shithole. Most of my friends spent more than that on their down payment.
:stonk: Yep, that was pretty much our downpayment. Looking back, I'm kinda happy we went the way we did, since we wouldn't have had enough money to throw at repairs, anyway.

T1g4h posted:

No Windows Phone version, no sale :colbert:
:eng99: i'll ask em about it

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CharlesM posted:

Oooh I should go to the Museum of Flight this weekend, they are moving the Dreamliner on Monday and it will be gone until next year :X

I worked on that particular plane, it's been a very long time since i've seen it...if they allow photos would you mind snapping a few? i cant remember if they ever took the test interior out and replaced it with a production one (probably not).

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

kastein posted:

I paid 38k for a bombed out rotted shithole. Most of my friends spent more than that on their down payment.

Bombed out rotted shitholes here START at 300K.

House prices are just so utterly hosed up. Half a mill for a 3 bedroom one garage is a pretty good summary of how stupid Sydney has gotten. HOW can anyone afford that, I have no idea. I sure as gently caress cant with no kids and not much responsibilities.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Sold the Miata. Bought a Vibe. Its nice having something to bomb around in and not really have to care about.

Still working on selling the MS3 and getting a C5.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Your house posts are the best part of being friends with you on FB.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

opengl128 posted:

Sold the Miata. Bought a Vibe.

Ok, NOW its the AI singularity

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Re: economic recession poo poo, I was extremely lucky to land my first "real" job in 2004 before everything got utterly hosed. If not for my father being able to do some string pulling in the background to get me noticed when I was three years out of high school without any college and very minor real world experience that applied to the position I was applying for I too would have been living with my parents well into my late 20s.

Even with that under my belt I still hit a rough patch and was unemployed for six months in 2012. I don't think anyone is immune in the post-recession job market - I got hit this past spring in HP's most recent round of "we hosed up and have to lay off 10% of our workforce " reductions. While the job market is noticeably better now than in 2012 there are still a lot of employers who expect a master's degree and 10+ years experience for positions a step above entry level, and a bachelor's plus a few years experience for entry level. With that kind of expectation it's nearly impossible for someone who isn't already established to break into the job market, and very difficult for anyone who isn't a special snowflake who coincidentally checks all the boxes an employer is looking for for a given position.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 7, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I AM POSTING FROM INSIDE OF THE MAZDA DEALERSHIP

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geoj posted:

and a bachelor's plus a few years experience for entry level.

this is the poo poo that pisses me off, it literally means "you better work internships because lol we aint paying youwithout experience", which means only those who can afford to work full time for free end up in the positions, which usually means not poor people (i mean really poor, like the entire family), which reduces social mobility

i mean it's better in the engineering field where most internships are paid, but that just means it's more competitive to get in. and if you aren't able to get internships you're basically screwed, like my buddy who just graduated with no work experience and a low GPA.

on the job training? not in this loving century.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
here is a pic of me driving my new car

Phone fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 8, 2015

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Why would you buy an ugly slow car? Red is a bad color in my opinion.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Enourmo posted:

on the job training? not in this loving century.

Trade apprenticeships are about the only thing that give you OJT. Electrician, Plumber, etc... thats about it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

T1g4h posted:

Seattle itself. Don't know how long I'll be there, I just know we'll be doing a job there and then heading to Oklahoma City, and frankly Washington has always been on list of places to see / visit while Oklahoma... hasn't :v:

Oooooh. Definitely gonna have to check out that Air Museum and see if I can wrangle my friend into checking out the Underground tour as well. And it's nice to know you guys have decent places to eat, i'm used to having to choose between KFC / Taco Hell, McD's, and Subway :v:

Oklahoma is pretty, at least.

scuz posted:

Color me really loving interested, that sounds like a damned toy store.

No poo poo. I could use that T-56 fro my Cutlass, probably, and I've got several first-gen RX-7 chassis that could benefit from that 4.8...

kastein posted:

That's still 80% of what I make in a year. My ability to save that much cash is limited (which is, I admit, at least partially my fault). I just finance a 45 year old house and try to keep it from falling down/leaking too much instead. I'm also married with a kid, so domicile suitability is influenced by others (I can't just live in one room while I fix the others, in other words. If I could do that, a camp stove and a cot in the utility room would be fine, if I had heat and AC, and a big garage. Oh, and somewhere to put the flatscreen and Xbox.)

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Ever have one of those days that just makes you wanna cut off your own head? Where absolutely nothing goes right and despite working your rear end off for 8+ hours you feel like you've accomplished absolutely nothing? Where nothing (loving NOTHING) goes your way? I'm just wrapping up one of those.

Oh, and my wife calls me and tells me that there's something rainbow-y on the driveway where my car sits. Can't loving wait to go home to figure out what that is. Been a great day.

Yep. The host company where I work just RIFed 500 employees nationwide. About 90 in the facilities I work in. Guess who's on the PC Janitor team and has to go collect all those devices, archive the hard drives or pull and image of them, depending on machine type, while still getting trouble tickets? That was Monday and Tuesday. I was on vacation last week, and that poo poo, along with some other (management failure) stuff, made me want to turn around and go back home.

It doesn't take much of an oil or other hydrocarbon to spread out and make a rainbow. Most likely a very minor oil leak.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So, on the fjelltorsk topic. I was quick to judge and I want to step back from that, a little bit.

As I said, I was following him on Strava. Looking into his rides lead me to a blog of his (in that crazy moon language, TT), where he talks about biking with the Klein he's shown here, doing RC cars that he's talked about here and such.

I don't know if all he has said is a lie, I don't know if all he has said is truth. There's definitely suspicion, but I hope he comes back and explains himself. I fully belive that going through cancer and chemo could fully wreck up most things in your life, maybe this was his outlet for some of that stuff?

gently caress, I'm getting soft as I get older.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 8, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
youtube is blocked at the dealer, just pretend i posted the clip from guardians of the galaxy when chris pratt is getting yelled at and zoe saldana is being accused of making him soft

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Darchangel posted:

Oklahoma is pretty, at least.

Wasn't trying to be a snarky rear end in a top hat, I just never really thought of Oklahoma as a state with gorgeous scenery :shobon:

Then again, I haven't seen much from Oklahoma. I've always seen tons of photos from the Washington / Oregon area with all of these amazing valleys and mountains and rivers and forests, yet I think of Oklahoma all I think of is like... plains and fields and stuff :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

meatpimp posted:

So, on the fjelltorsk topic. I was quick to judge and I want to step back from that, a little bit.

As I said, I was following him on Strava. Looking into his rides lead me to a blog of his (in that crazy moon language, TT), where he talks about biking with the Klein he's shown here, doing RC cars that he's talked about here and such.

I don't know if all he has said is a lie, I don't know if all he has said is truth. There's definitely suspicion, but I hope he comes back and explains himself. I fully belive that going through cancer and chemo could fully wreck up most things in your life, maybe this was his outlet for some of that stuff?

gently caress, I'm getting soft as I get older.

I'm facebook friends with him and he posts enough about cancer (in moonspeak) with a bunch of norweigians who seem to actually know him talking back that that part was real.
I dunno about the photo of the busted face. That clearly isn't him from photos on FB and ones he's posted here that i don't know how he thought he'd fool us.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

T1g4h posted:

Wasn't trying to be a snarky rear end in a top hat, I just never really thought of Oklahoma as a state with gorgeous scenery :shobon:

Then again, I haven't seen much from Oklahoma. I've always seen tons of photos from the Washington / Oregon area with all of these amazing valleys and mountains and rivers and forests, yet I think of Oklahoma all I think of is like... plains and fields and stuff :v:

Western Washington and Oregon. You've obviously never driven through central Washington around Spokane down towards Umatilla. The only place I've ever been that was worse to drive through is North Dakota and that's not ugly, per se, just really loving boring.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just came from the funeral home where we had to rehearse lifting the coffin. I'm 5'7". Everyone else is 6' or taller. This was the most idiotic thing to have me do I can't even reach the loving bar!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

scuz posted:

[shilling for friends]
vidku
[/shilling for friends]

Joined as Adiabatic. Don't make another group called aigoons like I did. Don't be dumb like me.

Commencing retarded garage videos.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Magnus Praeda posted:

Western Washington and Oregon. You've obviously never driven through central Washington around Spokane down towards Umatilla. The only place I've ever been that was worse to drive through is North Dakota and that's not ugly, per se, just really loving boring.

I've never been to Washington at all, so... :v:

I'm kinda biased though. I live in the foothills of the Ozark mountains, so it's all rolling hills and endless forests and rivers where I'm at. I've been spoiled by good driving scenery.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

I just came from the funeral home where we had to rehearse lifting the coffin. I'm 5'7". Everyone else is 6' or taller. This was the most idiotic thing to have me do I can't even reach the loving bar!

You got pranked from beyond the grave, son.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

scuz posted:

[shilling for friends]
My buddies have spent the last like 4 years working on a video sharing app. It's like snapchat, but with groups and you can unshare videos and go back to watch them whenever you want. I really like it, but I'm pretty biased :3: Just think, we could have video logs of Adiabatic's rally weekend nonsense, or 14"'s seemingly bottomless bucket of paternal hijinks, or head gasket how-tos and stuff. https://vidku.com I'm @adam in the app and I started a aigoons group. Video nonsense commence!
[/shilling for friends]

Does it have an option to take the video and share it later? Because if so I'll sign up and post some of the neat poo poo that comes into work like the old willys coupe (we think) that had been modified very heavily into a drag car type thing. It was set up like a drag car, but had actual tread on the rear tires, despite them being massive 2 foot wide things and having a wheelie bar.

EDIT: It appears my crappy old phone is too terrible to take part. Oh well. :(

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 8, 2015

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

Joined as Adiabatic. Don't make another group called aigoons like I did. Don't be dumb like me.

Haha, I was wondering about that and actually had the guys at the dev shop open a ticket. I'll tell em to cancel it.

You've set the bar pretty high with your first one, I'll see what I can do.

Elmnt80 posted:

Does it have an option to take the video and share it later? Because if so I'll sign up and post some of the neat poo poo that comes into work like the old willys coupe (we think) that had been modified very heavily into a drag car type thing. It was set up like a drag car, but had actual tread on the rear tires, despite them being massive 2 foot wide things and having a wheelie bar.
I've just discovered that it does. Record a video and when it asks you to share it with people, don't select anyone or any groups and just hit save. When you want, you can upload whatever to whomever.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

App forces people to use their real names if they sign up via facebook and hides usernames.

Doesn't make it super useful for goons...

E: Hmm. you can change your name in the app's settings, but every time i try to change my name in said app settings, it crashes.

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 8, 2015

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

literally a fish posted:

App forces people to use their real names if they sign up via facebook and hides usernames.

Doesn't make it super useful for goons...

E: Hmm. you can change your name in the app's settings, but every time i try to change my name in said app settings, it crashes.

In as SASiochain, add me anyones!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Put my dirty laundry with the jeep out there for everyone to see. :blush:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

BoostCreep posted:

I spent a ton of time today typing up a big post about what I want to do with my project cars and my plans for them all, but realized I made a huge stupid wall of text that I wouldn't read if someone else posted it.

I just usually do a huge photo dump in my project thread to balance out the words. Writing it out helps make plans and ideas a little more clear and shows you how much you didn't do makes it simpler to go back and see what you accomplished rather than sifting through hours of video. I know I usually don't watch vids unless I'm browsing from home and even then I tend to skip over them. At least that's how I view it.

Lots of pictures is good

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Darchangel posted:

It's always weird to hear familiar pop songs in another language. I think the one that weirded me out the most so far was Nazareth's Love hurts, in Spanish.

Whoa, I never noticed the song was in Chinese.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yo IOC, crown me ik of AI. Thanks.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Tusen takk: Et meg i ræven

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

At 530 am I was pushing my motorcycle two miles home because it died at a red light on my way to work.

So yeah I have.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey lying Nordic dude, you do NOT get to take away this moment from me. You might have stolen everyone's good will in AI, but you cannot take this from meeeeeeeeeeee

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Phone posted:

Hey lying Nordic dude, you do NOT get to take away this moment from me. You might have stolen everyone's good will in AI, but you cannot take this from meeeeeeeeeeee

hey phone

phone

go back to your previous post and put the drat image in a [timg] tag for fucks' sake :V

MY TABLES, THEY BURN

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fjelltorsk posted:

Tusen takk: Et meg i ræven

Lmao

For those wondering: I can't tell if he's trying to say eat my arse or kiss it but either way

Dude please tell us you only made up the tesla and the rebar thing, pleaseee

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Phone posted:

Yo IOC, crown me ik of AI. Thanks.

This rules

• Locked thread