Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xerxes17 posted:

Is mass education of military science to conscripts, tovarish.

это общее образование военной науки к потенциальных призывников, товарищ.
:ussr:

e: let's fix this shameful snipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgDOffrNkxM

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Reported to NKVD.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHjhgCX2MfY

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kalstrams posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSfKtW4U3ks
one of state-owed tv channels in russia said "the weather's lucky for syrian operation" and then gave a detailed weather forecast for syria in october, directly relating weather conditions to various factors of aerial bombardment by their air force :eyepop:

sunny with a high chance of cluster bombs

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

tractical adidas

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

etalian posted:

sunny with a high chance of cluster bombs

You jest but there was a testimonial given by a Pakistani boy about how he loathed sunny weather because that's the time his family was in danger of being bombarded by drones.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

and here i am, loathing sunny weather for causing me to sweat too much and/or blinding me

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
The yellow thing at the bottom. Is that a cheese wheel?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone in Russia know how to loving drive? Especially on ice?

You guys should have a class for that.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

A Man and his dog posted:

Does anyone in Russia know how to loving drive? Especially on ice?

You guys should have a class for that.

Problem is that in Russia several years ago you were able to buy a driving license. That means that nowadays there are lots of potential road killers driving around.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Looking at those dash cam vids I've also been wondering are drum brakes still a thing in Russia? Because the stopping distances on most of the featured vehicles are... not good. Or is that just down to lovely auto standards in general?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Pale Horse posted:

Looking at those dash cam vids I've also been wondering are drum brakes still a thing in Russia? Because the stopping distances on most of the featured vehicles are... not good. Or is that just down to lovely auto standards in general?
drum brakes are a thing, so is wilful ignorance regarding good tires

Comrade_Canada
Jan 24, 2014

A Pale Horse posted:

most of the import vehicles that come from Europe and Asia, and new Russian makes (2008+) (unless ultra cheap indian or chinese crap) have pretty much all the standard features you see in vehicles in the west (ABS, PW PD, Air Conditioning, etc), but the shittier cheap zhiguli's and crappy ladas from the 1990s have crap quality and dont have such features, due to poor QA and Budget issues

alot of those crappy stops are just due to people not knowing how to drive, since in the mid-late 00's you could literally buy a driver's license

ie Crappy Lada

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kid looks more like Khrushchev than Putin

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Looks like a Peugeot to me bra.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

A Pale Horse posted:

Crap roads, crap brakes, crap tires. Great deal of people don't usually replace tire until sparks are flying. And the parts they purchase, are something that barely passes for standard in China. But it sure is cheap.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nitrox posted:

Crap roads, crap brakes, crap tires. Great deal of people don't usually replace tire until sparks are flying. And the parts they purchase, are something that barely passes for standard in China. But it sure is cheap.
that's even if they buy new parts, not used ones, a frequent reality
never stops to amaze me how people go with 'oh, cheap used pair of winter tires, nice!'

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

so russians did some good on their way to shoot down another jetliner?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

etalian posted:

so russians did some good on their way to shoot down another jetliner?
Those aren't Russians, they are russian-speaking DNR patriots, on their way to fight for independence with readily-available military equipment.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

Nitrox posted:

Those aren't Russians, they are russian-speaking DNR patriots, on their way to fight for independence with readily-available military equipment.

Surprised that RT isn't there to us all how the the American sponsored Ukrainian police vehicle got in the way of the freedom giving RUS SCUD is more proof of Western intervention in Baltics's, comrade...

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Comrade_Canada posted:

most of the import vehicles that come from Europe and Asia, and new Russian makes (2008+) (unless ultra cheap indian or chinese crap) have pretty much all the standard features you see in vehicles in the west (ABS, PW PD, Air Conditioning, etc), but the shittier cheap zhiguli's and crappy ladas from the 1990s have crap quality and dont have such features, due to poor QA and Budget issues

alot of those crappy stops are just due to people not knowing how to drive, since in the mid-late 00's you could literally buy a driver's license

ie Crappy Lada

A friend of mine learned to drive during the 90's. According to him, the instructors car had a hole in the floor, covered by a loose wooden board. He was told to be very careful, because the breaks didn't work very well and the break fluid was very old.

I would like to pretend that he makes that poo poo up or exaggerates, but he always starts laughing when he tells the story, like he has really been there. :(

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

waitwhatno posted:

A friend of mine learned to drive during the 90's. According to him, the instructors car had a hole in the floor, covered by a loose wooden board. He was told to be very careful, because the breaks didn't work very well and the break fluid was very old.

I would like to pretend that he makes that poo poo up or exaggerates, but he always starts laughing when he tells the story, like he has really been there. :(

Knowing how utterly hosed stuff was in Russia in the 90s I'm surprised he wasn't asked to stick his legs out the hole in the floor and propel the car Flinstones style.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my friend had to drive around with 4 instructors drinking in the car

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Kirs posted:

Problem is that in Russia several years ago you were able to buy a driving license. That means that nowadays there are lots of potential road killers driving around.
You're implying that one can no longer purchase a driver's license... What a crazy thing to say

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Nitrox posted:

You're implying that one can no longer purchase a driver's license... What a crazy thing to say

It's now not as much available as it was a year or two ago. Means less people will buy it. Not saying it's impossible to buy one now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nitrox posted:

you used to be able just to walk into main directorate for road traffice safety and buy licence for what then amounted to about $1200, give or take $200

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

kalstrams posted:

you used to be able just to walk into main directorate for road traffice safety and buy licence for what then amounted to about $1200, give or take $200

holy poo poo, that's a lot of money, especially for a young person. I would probably just learn to drive and save the money.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

waitwhatno posted:

holy poo poo, that's a lot of money, especially for a young person. I would probably just learn to drive and save the money.
prices are for moscow, so it more or less corresponds to month worth of salary for someone straight out of school (with a wee bit of luck). further away from moscow - cheaper, down to several times cheaper. and that's even without having an 'inside man'

besides that, it's not like schools itself were really cheaper in moscow either

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

tsar gone, road gone

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Nitrox posted:

There's S-300s in Donetsk?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

smart move actually

if there hadnt been a road when the tsar visited, probably something bad would have happened

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

smart move actually

if there hadnt been a road when the tsar visited, probably something bad would have happened

road go to next village, is communal road. everyone use.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Are you kidding me?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

no, that really is his haircut

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Heard this on my way home, this is ridiculous even by Putin standards: http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/10/07/446601153/in-honor-of-his-63rd-putin-plays-hockey-and-is-painted-as-the-buddha

Somebody needs to find the full rap.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Son of Rodney posted:

no, that really is his haircut

i've seen worse combover jobs so i'm willing to give the bald russian dwarf a pass on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/world/europe/putins-birthday-gift-nhl-opponents-and-a-victory.html

• Locked thread