Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone else think the Traveler kind of looks like Jesus?

Yep. A time traveling Rasta Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
He's not referring to roger cross, he's referring to the future soldier guy he killed.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh. Well, Roger Cross dies in a lot of stuff, too, it seems.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone else think the Traveler kind of looks like Jesus?

Yea he was totally dreadlocks Jesus. From the future. Who can time travel without the use of a machine.

1 episode left to find out his deal :ohdear:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

CeeJee posted:

That's the third show I've seen that big guy die this year after The 100 and iZombie. He's doing well as the muscle who is smarter then the average thug.

He also died in The Strain. #DontKillRogerCross

Norwegian Rudo posted:

12 Monkeys too.

That show is going to be the primary go-to for time travel shenanigans now that Continuum is coming to a close. Its a totally different animal but it's very well done.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 4, 2015

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
performance of the year goes to Continuum Season 4 Episode 5 for "Tiny Man Brad's Adorable Lil Walk"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apoplexy posted:

He was a main caster in The Strain's first season, then dropped to recurring in the second season only to get killed off the second he joined the main group. DOH!

He got killed off on Arrow last year as well.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Anyone got a count of how many times that station has been shot or blown up? I swear it's gotta be at least 5. First sesason liber8 broke out one of theirs, Sonya went boom then Travis brings the house down but I've gotta be missing at least a couple.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This show is so good. :(

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
loving agreed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How great is this show that the death of one of the bad guys is super upsetting.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else in here.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Anyone got a count of how many times that station has been shot or blown up? I swear it's gotta be at least 5. First sesason liber8 broke out one of theirs, Sonya went boom then Travis brings the house down but I've gotta be missing at least a couple.

Lucas breakout, Garza breakout, Sonya, Travis.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

How great is this show that the death of one of the bad guys is super upsetting.

I hope you are talking about the future soldier. Because Travis was a good guy you corporate spy :colbert:

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Invalid Validation posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else in here.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Kesper North posted:

Trivia: In the bit where Carlos and Kiera stand around at a crime scene talking about the quantum computer that was stolen, they are in fact standing in front of the IRL headquarters of D-Wave, a company that makes quantum computers and happens to be headquartered in Burnaby, BC (greater Vancouver, basically). You can see the D-Wave logo clearly; it's almost product placement. This show :allears:

I got to do furniture at D-Wave and stand next to an actual quantam computer... and in half of the other locations featured in the show. Real Vancouver is about 90% as futuretech as Continuum is, it rules.

How did this cute Canadian FutureCop show just do a Terminator shootout that good? Oh my gooooooddd :aaaaa: :perfect:

e- how has nobody commented on the cop that got laser exploded. Guys. Laser exploded. laser exploded

Caedus fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 6, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One thing I didn't see mentioned at all. Was future marine who shot up the station some other sort of super soldier or did he just have really great future kevlar?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Serious lack of Garza.

Rhyno posted:

One thing I didn't see mentioned at all. Was future marine who shot up the station some other sort of super soldier or did he just have really great future kevlar?

I think it's because they didn't have the money for the CGI suits.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Caedus posted:

I got to do furniture at D-Wave and stand next to an actual quantam computer... and in half of the other locations featured in the show. Real Vancouver is about 90% as futuretech as Continuum is, it rules.

But if the Corporate Congress is born anywhere, it's Seattle. Liber8 will conquer SFO straight off. (Because SFO is already so CC-lovely).

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Rhyno posted:

Future kevlar. It was the power armor's padded base layer and at a few points, you could see hails of bullets being absorbed by it.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

ded posted:

Serious lack of Garza.

I think it's because they didn't have the money for the CGI suits.

Don't worry. Garza is gonna be the real hero in the end. She's gonna show up and double tap Keira and Kellog.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

The best part of this episode was everyone finally calling Kiera out on her bullshit.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Caedus posted:

How did this cute Canadian FutureCop show just do a Terminator shootout that good? Oh my gooooooddd :aaaaa: :perfect:

but why did they even have to do that when everybody kept saying that kellogg was just going to get out in 24 hours. why did they even send brad in with the sonic screwdriver when the ladies were already shooting up the basement.

the action scenes have been fun this season but not a one of them has had a satisfying setup or payoff

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Hard Clumping posted:

but why did they even have to do that when everybody kept saying that kellogg was just going to get out in 24 hours. why did they even send brad in with the sonic screwdriver when the ladies were already shooting up the basement.

They were going for the key, remember. And the big guy showed up only after Brad failed to get out in a timely fashion.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

That kinda stuck out to me too. If he were just a dude in some heavy armor he shouldn't have been able to take on Travis like that, even with 5 bullets in his chest. Now if future dude used that laser gun then it probably would have had a very different outcome. Though on the flip side Carlos took Travis to the own-zone but that was after hitting him with a car and putting multiple bullets into him. Again. I can only assume Travis realized just how owned he was getting after that gun drop move and just gave up.

Tokubetsu posted:

Don't worry. Garza is gonna be the real hero in the end. She's gonna show up and double tap Keira and Kellog.

I'd be totally cool with this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Garza might get the opportunity to kill Kellog twice!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Garza might get the opportunity to kill Kellog twice!

Garza kills Kellogg. She then kills Kiera before she can go home. Reprograms the time travel machine to go back 5 minutes into the past so she can enjoy killing them again.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Well tonight is the night. The end. Or the beginning. Possibly the middle. Maybe all three. Or none. :iiam:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"Of course I am." Haaaaa

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ahahah Kellogg killing his own daughter and his eventual fate.

I'm the soldier who got his melon exploded by the future energy weapon. :commissar:

Though I am disappointed that Rasta Jesus didn't really do poo poo. Like at all. He touched Alec's forehead and let him talk to future Alec I guess. He also prevented the time machine from blowing up and or used the energy to go home idk. I suppose that leaving him unexplained is better than doing a terrible job explaining who or what he was.

A satisfying conclusion to the show. Even Kiera got what she deserved.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Rhasta Jesus wanted to go back to his own time, I think, and was waiting for the one opportunity where it'd be possible. Great episode, great show. My favorite part was that Garza survived and just got to live out her life in a better tomorrow.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

loving. Wow. That was a great ending despite being a total punch in the gut. Even with the goofy rear end CGI that was an awesome shoot out. I do wish they had let Garza do some more Garzaing, there was plenty of room for it in that shootout. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of it. Vancouver "that guy" getting his head blown off was :laffo:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
drat, I knew it would end like that. and I can't believe it ended like that. Perfect. Poor Kiera. :sadfan:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

loving. Wow. That was a great ending despite being a total punch in the gut. Even with the goofy rear end CGI that was an awesome shoot out. I do wish they had let Garza do some more Garzaing, there was plenty of room for it in that shootout. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of it. Vancouver "that guy" getting his head blown off was :laffo:

Part of me was hoping she was the one in the power armor. Like she knocked out the future soldier and got inside after he took the power cell and started it up. That would have been amazing.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Part of me was hoping she was the one in the power armor. Like she knocked out the future soldier and got inside after he took the power cell and started it up. That would have been amazing.

I'm....not sure if I could handle that. The timeline just wasn't built to withstand a Garza with that much firepower.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mr Beens posted:

Don't have PMs, so REMOVED

Hello guy, I totally forgot about this. Going to email you now.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 10, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh wow. I think they just topped the Farscape finale as far as "holy gently caress that's depressing."

quote:

CPS Officer Kiera Cameron never returned home.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 10, 2015

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I'm not sure I'd call it depressing. Farscape was a kick in the teeth for sure but I'm glad they had the balls to hit us like they did. Its pretty clear, aside from the obvious, that a lot of this was compressed but they could have easily hit the reset button for the textbook happy ending but it felt like a perfect combination of Kiera getting what she wanted while paying the price for saving the world. To say it was bitter sweet doesn't really cover it. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have to stop myself from tearing up a little bit right at the end.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 10, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm not sure I'd call it depressing. Farscape was a kick in the teeth for sure but I'm glad they had the balls to hit us like they did. Its pretty clear, aside from the obvious, that a lot of this was compressed but they could have easily hit the reset button for the textbook happy ending but it felt like a perfect combination of Kiera getting what she wanted while paying the price for saving the world.

I'm just sad it ends there because we all know Kiera is crazy enough to murder new timeline Kiera and take over her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Right now I'm kinda wishing there had been a post credits scene. Nothing definitive just Kiera gearing up to do something insane.

• Locked thread