Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

withak posted:

The other day I overheard a coworker say "oh snap" out loud in conversation.

quote:

So I came to her room and opened the door
Oh, snap! guess what I saw?
A fella tongue-kissin’ my girl in the mouth,
I was so in shock my heart went down south
So please listen to the message that I say
Don’t ever talk to a girl who says she just has a friend

YOU! You got what I need!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

I saw a straight up milsurp smoker's jacket for sale at a mall for 60 loving dollars once

For what it's worth, that's not a stand-alone jacket, there's no way to button it up. It's a removable lining for this thing:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

lmfao it's literally a clothing brand targeted at college republicans

e: holy poo poo it's a treasure trove of embarrassing masculine insecurity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rapKEJtCIDE

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 6, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

lmfao it's literally a clothing brand targeted at college republicans

e: holy poo poo it's a treasure trove of embarrassing masculine insecurity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rapKEJtCIDE

That's incredibly self aware, which makes it pretty funny tho.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Phrasing posted:

I still know how to use a desktop computer running Windows in 2015 does that mean I get to join your old man's club or has my 1986 birth year damned me?

sup fellow 86'er and dirty millennial :hfive:

don't worry though, we're considered "some of the good ones" :downs:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cowman posted:

I was born in 1991 and my coworkers are like 6 or so years younger than me and I have no idea what the gently caress they're talking about most of the time.

get a new job if all your coworkers are 18 yearsold

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

dogstile posted:

That's incredibly self aware, which makes it pretty funny tho.

I guess we have different understandings of what that phrase means

you might also find this one hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvqMtncbxs

Phlegmish posted:

get a new job if all your coworkers are 18 yearsold

do you know how hard it is to make it to assistant manager at gamestop? you can't just walk away from that

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you don't think they know exactly what they look like congrats on your autism I guess :shrug:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

dogstile posted:

If you don't think they know exactly what they look like congrats on your autism I guess :shrug:

So you think they're making fun of the demographic they are explicitly targeting to sell poo poo to

Hey you idiot douchebro you should ironically wear this shirt of Reagan wearing an American flag bandana LOL

I mean I guess that is a really millennial thing to do so maybe

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

My Q-Face posted:

YOU! You got what I need!

i dont care what anybody says, i absolutely tolerate bizmarkie

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Frostwerks posted:

i dont care what anybody says, i absolutely tolerate bizmarkie

I was just trying to remember where else I heard "Oh Snap" before millennials and memes came along.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://www.press-citizen.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2015/10/05/woman-arrested-after-phone-call-kevin-hart-show/73382010/

Chynna Simms just can't get off her phone OMG! This call is like very important to me people.

Facing 2 years in loving jail LMAO

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Is the dude on the right wearing... Meggings?

...capri meggings??

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

not only is this cool, but i agree, making it cooler

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

One of the things that I really hate about millennials: they LOVE to over-think poo poo.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Squashy Nipples posted:

One of the things that I really hate about millennials: they LOVE to over-think poo poo.

This is just a visual representation of the cartoonist's struggle with his repressed homosexuality.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Squashy Nipples posted:

I disagree. I think they want to make things, but meaningless poo poo is all they know.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

I disagree. I think they want to make things, but meaningless poo poo is all they know.

Pretty much this. Basically copying poo poo counts as making poo poo. I saw some demo reel from an animation school in California. It's all adventure time/ stephen universe ripoffs. Then they get super upset if you point out they're copying the style. 'There's nothing wrong with being influenced by somebody'. Except you're literally copying someone else's style wholesale.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol.

ya, outright style theft, that's a new concept, totally new in this millenium, before that everybody was a creative genius who easily found his or her voice or visual language and never looked back.

GET A GRIP

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

loving :laffo:

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I saw a new brand of frozen meats at the store today that featured a millenial.jpg butcher on the front of it, tattooed arms crossed and full beard of course. It was called like "manly meats" or something like that, but I cant find it with a google search :negative:

Anyways be on the lookout for this in your grocer's frozen foods aisle

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it was actually just put there by whoever is starting that company, as a way to get ppl like you to look it up

viral meat marketing

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

nomadologique posted:

it was actually just put there by whoever is starting that company, as a way to get ppl like you to look it up

viral meat marketing

But I already know of its existence ?

I just had to laugh bc I dont think its target audience is in the market for 2 fancy turkey burger patties sold for $5.99

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

So you think they're making fun of the demographic they are explicitly targeting to sell poo poo to

Hey you idiot douchebro you should ironically wear this shirt of Reagan wearing an American flag bandana LOL

I mean I guess that is a really millennial thing to do so maybe

Yeah self aware humour is a thing people do because its funny and people remember it, yes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

nomadologique posted:

i've flipped thru this book or one very much like it, it is dope

amazon link or somethin

nomadologique posted:

there is this really cool evolution you can watch where they have this cloak with a hood that they fold up into this funny hat shape when they don't need to wear it as a cloak (too hot or whatever), and over a couple centuries it transforms into just a hat, in the shape of a folded cloak

pa leeze

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

nomadologique posted:

lol.

ya, outright style theft, that's a new concept, totally new in this millenium, before that everybody was a creative genius who easily found his or her voice or visual language and never looked back.

GET A GRIP

style theft is fine. people go crazy copying anime master Hayao Miyzaki. but adventure time and steven universe style is so loving ubiquitous it's incredibly obnoxious and loving lazy.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You said this was a student demo reel right? Could just be a lovely undergrad trying to scrape by on minimum effort, not like that's a new concept either.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
this owns on many levels

quiznos is not very good, but this is a good commercial

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Art School: Bad art's still art.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 8, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
imagine its been posted but dont care makes me laugh

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

notZaar posted:

You said this was a student demo reel right? Could just be a lovely undergrad trying to scrape by on minimum effort, not like that's a new concept either.

It's extremely common. I worked at the Sheredin campus for a bit, every christing student there had the exact same Disney style. They don't even try to be different.

whatevz
Sep 22, 2013

I lack the most basic processes inherent in all living organisms: reproducing and dying.

C-Euro posted:

:lol: As a millenial this is one of the most offensive things I've seen in this thread.

He says unironically, thereby supporting the idea that Millenials are delusional quivering pussies who think the world should give a gently caress if they're offended.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The problem is the world does give a gently caress for some inane reason. "Oh no, people who aren't my customers are angry, better change my product for them so they can continue not buying it!"

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
ABC Family changes its name to Freeform in January 2016! The network’s new name reflects our ongoing priority to super-serve Becomers, fans on that epic adventure of becoming an adult—from first kiss to first kid! ABC Family President Tom Ascheim says, "Freeform evokes the spirit and adventure of our audience"

Freeform. Free to take whatever shape feels right. Free to push beyond the expected. Free to get beyond point A to point B in a line that’s nowhere near straight. Because you don’t just watch: you get involved, make it yours, and share it with everyone. This is where we break free, so come with us.

ref: http://abcfamily.go.com/news/listing/all-shows/abc-family-announces-new-name-freeform

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
We're living in a weird age where the giant corporations haven't yet figured out that you can't appease the contrarian SJWs on twitter, so that's why you get weirdly effective e-bullying campaigns against logos or words.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

n3wt posted:

Freeform. Free to take whatever shape feels right. Free to push beyond the expected. Free to get beyond point A to point B in a line that’s nowhere near straight. Because you don’t just watch: you get involved, make it yours, and share it with everyone. This is where we break free, so come with us.

Are they talking about launching a network or sucking a dick

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

EugeneJ posted:

Are they talking about launching a network or sucking a dick

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
If the garbage product you're selling is something people don't want: rename, rebrand and repackage the same garbage until you've convinced the public it's something they do want.

• Locked thread