Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Holyshoot posted:

Anyone else's nba2k16 iphone app not working with the sign in? I click sign in for the PSN and it goes to the login page and I can't click anything. Worked the first day but not anymore.

I just checked and I signed into PSN through it fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

jabro posted:

I just checked and I signed into PSN through it fine.

I don't know then. I guess I can uninstall and reinstall.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hopterque your team is insane I'm jelly

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Duggler posted:

Hopterque your team is insane I'm jelly

My bench is pretty disgusting too. Domination is cool.

I'm gonna sell a couple players and see if I can pick up Boogie to be my starting center and then it'll basically be as good as it gets until they start releasing throwbacks and special packs and poo poo.

e: that said Mourning is really loving good.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Holyshoot posted:

Anyone else's nba2k16 iphone app not working with the sign in? I click sign in for the PSN and it goes to the login page and I can't click anything. Worked the first day but not anymore.

Just tried it on Android, logged in fine for me, though I have had problems. Try killing the app and starting it again.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
https://www.facebook.com/NbaGold/videos/1195870960429985/?fref=nf

So good

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ha, that is awesome. Lakers suck.

Edit: Can this be added into next year's game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k3gFncPsiM

jabro fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 7, 2015

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Lockback posted:

Everything about myTeam seems like it would be right up my alley, but execution of it just leaves me unhappy and I rarely go back to it. They need a mode where you can grind against similar-constructed teams, even if the payout isn't that hot. The Show lets you play against other players teams that are CPU controlled, and that seems like it would be tons of fun here.

I know getting more Golds in my team isn't hard with packs, but I sorta want to roll with my Bronze dudes and grow gradually. But the frickin 76ers have a team that is objectively better than mine in like 8 of the top 10 players, and that's pretty frustrating. I had the same complaint last year.

This is where I am, I feel like it's 50% I'm not great at the game, and the other 50%, I dunno, feels like the other team does fast breaks and other plays and my guys just stand around and get guarded, even with auto playcalling on. I probably just need to mess around in the tutorial modes.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Hey Glumslinger, this isn't obviously a major bug but after checking in MyLeague and seeing it working right, I'm pretty sure that some things in MyGM relocation aren't updating properly. I moved the Kings to Detroit to establish a cross-town rivalry with the Pistons and the crowd is still entirely in Kings gear, and the '3d' logo on the pre-game show is still the Kings. MyLeague has the crowd working right and such, so I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'll mention it to the right people

This is after the relocation was approved?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yes, new court, new jerseys, new city, everything.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

This stupid loving game. I really have to ask if there's some mechanism in this game that makes the Lakers unbeatable.

I took everyone's advice and my game has been much better. I'm primarily controlling the center and it's helped a ton on defense. I'm also trying to be a bit more patient on offense and that's helped a bit, although if I'm in the halfcourt then I basically can't do poo poo.

I took a 12 point lead going into the 4th of myTeam domination mode, at home. The Lakers begin to hit every loving shot and I can't hit anything, especially in the last minute, to a degree that's simply comical. I had a 6 point lead in the final minute and they hit a three, I somehow lose the ball, and I miss FOUR straight free throws which were as close to green as I could possibly get it without actually getting that color. That isn't even possible. I hold a one point lead with 2 seconds left. Lakers miss a jumper but Randle comes OUT OF NOWHERE and putback dunks the miss. I haven't even seen a putback dunk in this game yet until that very moment, and I had two guys standing there, under the rim, just watching him do it. loving ridiculous. My guy, Tobias Harris, gets the last shot of the game, an easy midrange jumper where he's wide open. Clank. Of course.

I'm not playing this game again for awhile. I've played 2k every year for like ten years in a row and I always stink at it in the beginning but pick it up very quickly. Not this year. To top it off, there's some Lakers Mystique Mode that I can't get past, even though they're supposed to be bad.

BIZORT fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 8, 2015

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

hopterque posted:

My final starters, Durant and AD I pulled from packs.

Pack luck is pretty good this year, I've been spending most of my match reward/collection reward money on packs but in like 30-35 packs or so I've packed the aforementioned, and Kawhi leonard, klay thompson, kevin love twice, john wall twice, jimmy butler, lots of good players.

Every 3-4 packs has given me a gold or better player on average I think, and if I sold all the players I've packed I'd be up 3-4 times what I spent buying them.

What kind of packs do you usually buy? The most expensive one?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Arcella posted:

This is where I am, I feel like it's 50% I'm not great at the game, and the other 50%, I dunno, feels like the other team does fast breaks and other plays and my guys just stand around and get guarded, even with auto playcalling on.
gently caress auto playcalls. Run lots of pick& rolls. Press left on the d-pad for less complex stuff than the play calls (quick iso especially but post-up and telling a specific guy to get open / cut to the rim is also useful). Run more pick & rolls. Holding triangle will make a specific guy cut to the rim this year, holding circle makes someone come to you for a handoff. Drive and kick like a mofo. Keep the ball moving. RUN ALL THE PICK & ROLLS

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 8, 2015

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

BIZORT posted:

This stupid loving game. I really have to ask if there's some mechanism in this game that makes the Lakers unbeatable.

I took everyone's advice and my game has been much better. I'm primarily controlling the center and it's helped a ton on defense. I'm also trying to be a bit more patient on offense and that's helped a bit, although if I'm in the halfcourt then I basically can't do poo poo.

I took a 12 point lead going into the 4th of myTeam domination mode, at home. The Lakers begin to hit every loving shot and I can't hit anything, especially in the last minute, to a degree that's simply comical. I had a 6 point lead in the final minute and they hit a three, I somehow lose the ball, and I miss FOUR straight free throws which were as close to green as I could possibly get it without actually getting that color. That isn't even possible. I hold a one point lead with 2 seconds left. Lakers miss a jumper but Randle comes OUT OF NOWHERE and putback dunks the miss. I haven't even seen a putback dunk in this game yet until that very moment, and I had two guys standing there, under the rim, just watching him do it. loving ridiculous. My guy, Tobias Harris, gets the last shot of the game, an easy midrange jumper where he's wide open. Clank. Of course.

I'm not playing this game again for awhile. I've played 2k every year for like ten years in a row and I always stink at it in the beginning but pick it up very quickly. Not this year. To top it off, there's some Lakers Mystique Mode that I can't get past, even though they're supposed to be bad.

This has been my MyTeam experience as well, but with the Wolves. I've pretty much given up on Domination, I haven't had the same trouble in any other part of the game. There's something hosed up with that mode

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Yeah, auto subs. I'm just happy that I'm not the only one. I had a lot more fun with it last year

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Yeah, it was my favorite thing in 2K15. I don't know what's up. I know Glumslinger said it's set to Pro/Simulation, but I dunno. I don't feel like Rubio averaging like 6/8 on pull-up 3s and Kevin Martin flying in to swat my big men's shots into the fifth row on the regular is an accurate simulation

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
So I was checking out the social feed etc on the phone in my career, and there was some tab with a bunch of posts about the 76ers putting up a new billboard featuring Me and the rest of the starting lineup. (Press Y to view)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mandrel posted:

This has been my MyTeam experience as well, but with the Wolves. I've pretty much given up on Domination, I haven't had the same trouble in any other part of the game. There's something hosed up with that mode

Sorry to be rude I guess but if y'all are having this much trouble with the lakers and the Wolves in myteam you're probably just bad at the game. I'm not saying I'm super amazing or anything but the domination matches are on Pro, even the insanely stacked teams later on in regular and historic domination aren't hard to beat, the challenge is supposed to be in getting the score requirements. And yeah, my team is stacked now, but it was basically a bunch of random bronzes and a silver or two early on and I still played basically the same way I did now at the very end.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Oct 8, 2015

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
It seems like every year there's always one team that's just way too good for no reason. Last year it was the wolves, this year it's still kind of the wolves because Ricky Rubio still hits 3's at an insane clip, but also the nets and their loving motion offense because the AI can't figure out where the hell it's supposed to be on defense, and just Aldrige on the spurs because he shoots 90% from the field even if he's contested every shot.

Given I'm playing for the Lakers and they're a dumpster fire, but the same stuff happens every year so I'm inclined to think it's not just my choice of team.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Lakers were really easy in Dom for me, the Timberwolves weren't much more difficult but I did change the defensive settings when a player was having a strong quarter or heating up in general.

Keep practising basically, there's nobody on the Lakers who can really light it up anymore. Nick Young's ratings have fallen this year, Kobe is real slow (but will hit crazy shots anyways sometimes), get physical with Clarkson and have your coach AI set to double him in the paint if he does blow past your PG. Find how they are beating you and make them beat you a different way.

The ending of that game does sound like some BS inner city movie about basketball where everything just goes right at the end

Also if they start heating up call a timeout, it actually does help a lot if you begin to feel that they can't miss, momentum plays a big part in this game

Also get cards from mycareer if you can stomach the mode

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Illinois Smith posted:

gently caress auto playcalls. Run lots of pick& rolls. Press left on the d-pad for less complex stuff than the play calls (quick iso especially but post-up and telling a specific guy to get open / cut to the rim is also useful). Run more pick & rolls. Holding triangle will make a specific guy cut to the rim this year, holding circle makes someone come to you for a handoff. Drive and kick like a mofo. Keep the ball moving. RUN ALL THE PICK & ROLLS

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and try some more. I don't know what it is, but sports games tend to trip my "get mad at video games" switch.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Arcella posted:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and try some more. I don't know what it is, but sports games tend to trip my "get mad at video games" switch.

I've noticed I get infinitely more frustrated playing this game than I do almost anything else. I think it's because on some level there's things that are just out of your control. Playing MyCareer, I'm on the magic and sometimes my teammates are just plain horrible, or I'll take an open shot with good timing (not perfect) from fairly close and just brick it, defensive AI sometimes is all over me the second I cross half court but sometimes it lets me just drive right in. Defense isn't any easier, try to fight through a pick just for it to think I should have switch to cover the center, he gets an open pass and scores, I get dinged for a defensive breakdown.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

dap dap dap swish

Starting my second MyCareer and holy poo poo I hammer X hard to get through these scenes

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

.Finally worked through MyCAREER. Question about the ending.

Did Vic's dumbass suicide by cop? Sounds like it from that letter.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I like how this retard I control still does his dumb little dance after a bucket even though we're getting blown out by 20

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Probably asked, but is there no way to set team domination so I only control pg?

edit: Just beat the lakers, my best player is Mo Williams but really it's Shawn Williams averaging like 20 points a game. The fake post-up spin is an easy cheese to win games handily.

Tae fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 10, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
So I finally got around to playing myCareer (It's never been a mode that I sunk the most time into). Where did you guys get drafted? I was putting up, like 11/5/5 on 60%+ shooting (though with 2 or 3 turnovers) and my draft stock just plummeted every game. I'm on the court for 11 minutes, what statline do you want! Despite being projected as a top pick out of HS, leading my team to the national championship, and being a 6'5" SG I guess I am not very in demand in today's NBA.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I was averaging like 20 points 10 assists and 5+ rebounds, with a few steals and only very few turnovers and I got drafted at #10 as a PG.

They expect you to dominate the HS and college games, basically.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

hopterque posted:

I was averaging like 20 points 10 assists and 5+ rebounds, with a few steals and only very few turnovers and I got drafted at #10 as a PG.

They expect you to dominate the HS and college games, basically.

I mean, I scored more than half our points and assisted on half of the remaining, I'd call that domination. I sorta think I was getting penalized for leaving my man or holding the ball and didn't know it. But when I am playing against a future insurance adjuster I'm going to roam.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The owner of the Toronto Raptors yelling at me "THIS IS THE U S OF A!!!" While I stare at him incredulously was pretty amusing.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Cool, some guy I was beating online just spent a minute loving around with the menus and then the game ended and said there was an error and it wasn't gonna count and then after hanging at a loading screen at it saying that arbitration was taking a while for like 15 minutes i'm back at the screen and I got a loss.

gently caress.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why do you skip an off-day if you sim a game for no VC? That's dirty as gently caress.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Tae posted:

Why do you skip an off-day if you sim a game for no VC? That's dirty as gently caress.

You still get VC (the payment for your contract and x2 if you set it to HoF beforehand).

Also, this is slightly unrelated, but you can cheese the connections for the free gold MyTeam cards (some of which are still worth a lot).

1) Create a new player and get to your second NBA season to enable the connections.
2) If you have an off-day to start the season, choose some of the connections you want to take advantage of. Deselect all connections after choosing to hang out with one of the connections during the off-day. You want to deselect the connections so that you don't make them unhappy by not hanging out with them during the sim. If you don't have an off day to start the season, skip to #3.
3) Use the calendar to sim until the all-star break. Put all your connections back on. You have 4 free offdays immediately after for your connections.
4) Deselect all of your connections.
5) Sim until end of the season
6) Repeat from step #2 until all of your connections are happy and you have all the rewards

You can also deselect your connections if you have an endorsement deal that you need to do at the same time as a connection that wants to hang out. Doing so wont' reset their progress and you'll be able to do the endorsement with no hit to the connection's happiness.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No, I don't mean directly simming a game. I mean being in the middle of the game when you're not heavily winning, selecting the option to sim to end, and it immediately goes to the next available game and skips your off day in between.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Tae posted:

No, I don't mean directly simming a game. I mean being in the middle of the game when you're not heavily winning, selecting the option to sim to end, and it immediately goes to the next available game and skips your off day in between.

Yeah, you still get your salary VC for that. And yes, it does suck that it skips your off days as well. I guess they added that because they didn't want people to easily do the off-day connection and endorsement stuff for free VC/MT. I wish we could at least do practice by simming to end of the game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
No, the sim to the end button doesn't give you poo poo and skips the off day. If you're in a blowout (winning or losing, usually ~15 points up or down)) and it's the 2nd half you can ask out to the end and it specifically says you keep your VC, and you don't skip the off day.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Patch came out on PS4, other platforms to follow in the future

Patch notes:
GENERAL

Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
Tuned player sweat so that its effects are much more visible when playing longer quarter lengths.
Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.

MyPARK/2K PRO-AM

Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.

MyCAREER/MyCOURT

Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.

MyGM/MyLEAGUE

Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

hopterque posted:

No, the sim to the end button doesn't give you poo poo and skips the off day. If you're in a blowout (winning or losing, usually ~15 points up or down)) and it's the 2nd half you can ask out to the end and it specifically says you keep your VC, and you don't skip the off day.

You definitely get VC if you sim to the end of a match, even if it's your first touch of the ball. Even though the menu says you don't get anything for simming I've been getting about 600, it does skip your off day though. I'm probably gonna make a second character and rack up some VC on that before they patch it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Is there like a babby's first primer for how to play this game, or basketball in general, because I'm real bad at this game but it is fun

• Locked thread