Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
neil walker is on like an 0-26 streak in the playoffs lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
HE was not happy about that strikeout.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Crimson Sox posted:

I wish tbs would show pitch count

It's below the pitch track

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm a poo poo poster and also a bandwagon cubs fan. So you know

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Cubs! Form of. Citadel!

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

"Here's Jordy Mercer"

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Rodriguez is ejected, as if that matters? He's been out of the game since Alvarez replaced him

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Sean Rodriguez was indeed ejected. Looks like he tried to punch David Ross.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

no one here is remembering the first rule of sports and that's if you can't beat them on the field make sure you beat them in the parking lot after the game

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

DemeaninDemon posted:

It's below the pitch track

i guess im blind
thanks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Raylen posted:

Unfortunately we're getting drowned out by the shitposting Cubs fans who think none of this intentional and just "GOOD BASEBALL!!!:smug:"

It's good baseball imo. Gets the players fired up. Crowd loves it. All part of the game. Nobody gets hurt anyway, they have one of those fake brawls where people just kind of huddle and yell.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the announcers are literally trying to make the case that the cubs have been winning because they have david ross and he plays the game the right way and protected arrieta from sean rodriguez

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I think Ron Darling just forgot the half career Ramirez spent with the Cubs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Arietta owns

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Bryant you rock

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Bryant! :allears:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
1 2 buckle my shoe

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bryant really making up for that baserunning gaffe

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The other best brawl ever is that Yankees/Orioles one from the 90s where people started brutally getting thrown into the dugout.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

if the Cubs start punking the Pirates more will the Cardinals hit their first 3 batters?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Kris Kris Kris :swoon:

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
ouch

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Can't believe they turned that double play.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Goddamn Bryant :3:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

straight up brolic posted:

the announcers are literally trying to make the case that the cubs have been winning because they have david ross and he plays the game the right way and protected arrieta from sean rodriguez

Did you see that dude's combo he could have ended Arietta.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Kris Bryant is a real good third base player. A worthy successor to Aramis Ramirez.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I actually liked the Pirates until the beaned Arrieta.

But now fuuuuuuck yooooooooouuuu

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BWV posted:

if the Cubs start punking the Pirates more will the Cardinals hit their first 3 batters?

Dock Ellis once tried to hit the entire Cincinatti Reds lineup in a row and made it through like 4 batters before being pulled. What I'm saying is that they should do that imo

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Anyway Rodriguez is a gently caress for picking a fight with David Ross of all people.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Nice turn! Good stop by Bryant.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Moving Bryant to 3rd where he can be Bryant was the best decision, holy poo poo. :allears:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is one of the best starts to a brawl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdyeWgsa_R8

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The Cubs haven't won a playoff game since I left my dorm room during the Bartman game (just before THAT happened) saying to myself "bet they somehow blow it."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i guess the pirates intentional hit and intentional bench clearing to FIRE UP the players didnt work

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

Did you see that dude's combo he could have ended Arietta.

I think the water cooler was laughing at him.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Love these Cubs

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

straight up brolic posted:

David Ross can't even slug his own weight, so according to Nichols' Law of Catcher Defense he's obviously a wizard with the glove

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TMMadman posted:

This is one of the best starts to a brawl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdyeWgsa_R8

I don't like this one because Nolan Ryan blows and I liked Robin Ventura.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

DTaeKim posted:

Kris Bryant is a real good third base player. A worthy successor to Aramis Ramirez.

who :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Popete posted:

Im not sure you understand how baseball works. Coghlan was not intentionally trying to hurt Kang. It was a bad slide that should be banned, but again not intentional.

Knee slapper of the year from someone who has never played sports or been athletic.

• Locked thread