Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I was really hoping it would finish at a draw and go into overtime

It really cannot be stated how impressive it is that it went 30 minutes and I wanted more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
the guys i like lost this entire evening is RUINED AND SUCKED -5 stars

harley
Sep 2, 2004
Steph and Hunter's gloating will be obscene.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shima Honnou posted:

I can't believe rex and hawkins lost to two cool guys who matter

EDIT I mean blake and murphy

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

bartok posted:

They'll get their time to shine. I can see them wanting to go with a traditional Face/Heel overcoming the odds finish. If that is going to ruin an entire great show than you must loving hate wrestling.

I really don't, I'm just salty as gently caress. Giving Dash and Dawson that really great match and then having JJ and Gable lose just really hosed with me. I'm glad both teams were able to show off big time, and I realize I was hyperbolic.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Someone introduce only temporary to spudsbuckley they'd make a cute couple.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really hope they don't screw Bayley up when she moves to the main roster. She should be a huge star for them.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DukeofCA posted:

Someone introduce only temporary to spudsbuckley they'd make a cute couple.

their first date should be in the dumpster

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It was always going to be pretty impossible to top a match that was great and had 16,000 screaming fans. That was loving fantastic and I loved the counters and callbacks to the first match.

As for Sasha on the main roster, if you notice she hasn't actually lost a match. She is getting protected and I bet she goes for the belt once Charlotte is clear of Nikki.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
Rhyno was literally born in 1975

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Had to pause the show for 10 minutes or so due to a baby theft alarm.
Have now finished though.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The only possible complaint I could have about Bayley/Sasha's style of matches is some of it's a little sloppy and they seem to spend a good half of the match glued to the turnbuckle but really it's good that they wrestle different.

Funny that the faces won 5/6 matches tonight and people are still mad about the one the heels won.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

As for Sasha on the main roster, if you notice she hasn't actually lost a match. She is getting protected and I bet she goes for the belt once Charlotte is clear of Nikki.

There's talk that she still might wind up in the match at HIAC

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Codependent Poster posted:

I really hope they don't screw Bayley up when she moves to the main roster. She should be a huge star for them.

Every NXT star is Poochie to me now and if you're smart you'll feel the same way.

bartok
May 10, 2006

only temporary posted:

I really don't, I'm just salty as gently caress. Giving Dash and Dawson that really great match and then having JJ and Gable lose just really hosed with me. I'm glad both teams were able to show off big time, and I realize I was hyperbolic.

You must rarely root for the underdogs.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Dias posted:

their first date should be in the dumpster

"my place or yours"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

My hope is that she's well-known enough now because of these last few matches and NXT has gained enough mainstream following that her gimmick won't get the Emma Dance Perplexed Silence.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I enjoyed it but I think they hosed up the match storytelling between Sasha and Bayley. If your narrative is that Banks has the skills, the ruthlessness, and the cunning to be the best and Bayley has to get by on her heroic qualities (and hints at tapping into some inner rage) Banks has to be more dominant. Give her more than a single pin lead, create some space for Bayley to overcome. Spend more time establishing that on paper, Sasha Banks is just plain better. When they're trading pins and control of the match, you're not selling me a story that really matters, y'know? You're saying "here's two evenly matched competitors, ps the good guy won." Since Bayley is supposed to be getting by on ability, heart, drive, etc., show me that by showing me her striving through getting her rear end kicked. Do it like they did with CM Punk, where he'd get his rear end kicked for most of the match but fight like a desperate cornered animal. You could put Punk against monsters like Lesnar and still look credible because he always looked like he was scratching and clawing to stay alive against superior opponents.

I've caught flack for saying it before but Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch did a better job of showing who the characters are and making me care about their struggle.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

can wwe just stop pretending televised nxt is developmental and just pay all the top women's wrestlers there main roster money in order to be a separate division?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sasha is totally the next contender after HIAC.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I'm sure Hunter will dig his heels in against Vince ruining her.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

bartok posted:

You must rarely root for the underdogs.

I dunno. Were either of the winning teams the underdogs?

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

My hope is that she's well-known enough now because of these last few matches and NXT has gained enough mainstream following that her gimmick won't get the Emma Dance Perplexed Silence.

Bayley has the most star potential of any diva.

She's lady Cena, but in the best way.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

can wwe just stop pretending televised nxt is developmental and just pay all the top women's wrestlers there main roster money in order to be a separate division?

Total Divas probs has good payouts dog

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

McNutty posted:

Rhyno was literally born in 1975

Good.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

They should get the (good) women off of RAW, dedicate 1/4 to 1/2 of NXT TV to the women, and give them 1 big NXT style match per year on a main roster PPV along with Takeover's and whatnot.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blasmeister posted:

The only possible complaint I could have about Bayley/Sasha's style of matches is some of it's a little sloppy and they seem to spend a good half of the match glued to the turnbuckle but really it's good that they wrestle different.

I like it because of the reasons someone else already stated: it feels more like an actual fight. Same reason why my other favorite match tonight worked, Mechanics/Finn and Joe, just back an rear end in a top hat into the corner and kill them.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Roman Reigns posted:

I'm sure Hunter will dig his heels in against Vince ruining her.

She is just so obviously a potential cash cow. So yeah they will probably try to ruin her, but still.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Bayley and Sasha could seriously be the next Lita and Trish, if not better

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jordan/Gable still can be easily slotted into a tag title feud as the Dusty Classic winners aren't going to figure into it so it's a blank slate. And the tournament has done a good job at getting them tv time and the fan reactions to them will surely be noticed. I don't see any reason to worry about them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I enjoyed it but I think they hosed up the match storytelling between Sasha and Bayley. If your narrative is that Banks has the skills, the ruthlessness, and the cunning to be the best and Bayley has to get by on her heroic qualities (and hints at tapping into some inner rage) Banks has to be more dominant. Give her more than a single pin lead, create some space for Bayley to overcome. Spend more time establishing that on paper, Sasha Banks is just plain better. When they're trading pins and control of the match, you're not selling me a story that really matters, y'know? You're saying "here's two evenly matched competitors, ps the good guy won." Since Bayley is supposed to be getting by on ability, heart, drive, etc., show me that by showing me her striving through getting her rear end kicked. Do it like they did with CM Punk, where he'd get his rear end kicked for most of the match but fight like a desperate cornered animal. You could put Punk against monsters like Lesnar and still look credible because he always looked like he was scratching and clawing to stay alive against superior opponents.

I've caught flack for saying it before but Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch did a better job of showing who the characters are and making me care about their struggle.

Naw, the heels and faces don't have to be pure good and pure evil. Having Bayley get her rear end kicked for most of the match is a stupid way of moving forward since Bayley is going to be the one keeping the division alive as it rebuilds.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nehru the Damaja posted:

NXT is bad.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

the story of this match was "baley's title win wasn't a fluke" so having her be more dominating, while sasha desperately does things like try and succeed to get falls by cheating and countout victories. bayley doesn't just get by on heart, she got better

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I've honestly been wishing for this for awhile. They have enough women's talent now to do a 1-hour show of their own, and they could stop trying to cram ALL their talent in via tag matches or three way matches or stables that no one cares about

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bayley can be HUGE for the girl market and the little kid market in general. But I have know they're going to gently caress it all up

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dr. rear end posted:

Bayley and Sasha could seriously be the next Lita and Trish, if not better

I am already of the opinion they are better.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

McNutty posted:

She is just so obviously a potential cash cow. So yeah they will probably try to ruin her, but still.

I don't know, maybe she can make the sufferin succotash and magic bean promos work

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hace posted:

Total Divas probs has good payouts dog

that's what the main roster's for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Big Queefy posted:

Bayley has the most star potential of any diva.

She's lady Cena, but in the best way.

I know Big Dave said this too, but as much as I love Bayley (and I *love* Bayley), Sasha has the potential to a massive star and not just "for a Diva."

They'll both be amazing.

• Locked thread