Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I just want Milan to win again so I can go watch a Champions League match at San Siro before their new stadium is built. Is that too much to ask for, you selfish pricks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Duro posted:

I just want Milan to win again so I can go watch a Champions League match at San Siro before their new stadium is built. Is that too much to ask for, you selfish pricks?

The new stadium plan fell through and it's 10+ million Euros down the toilet for nothing, by the way, so you're safe :troll:

But also :suicide:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

There are morons on some Milan sites I read that are clamoring for him to start in the place of Zapata. How quickly they forget.

This is a common thing when things start going bad for a team after many years of good results, fans tend to start getting attached to those that "spit blood on the pitch", they want a manager that "kicks those girls they call players in the rear end". To be honest, Milan's situation in the last couple of years reminds me a lot of our 2 years after Prandelli; hell, you even got the same manager we had at the time, plus Cerci and Montolivo haha. You just need to get Mihajlovic sacked, hire Delio Rossi, and get him fired too for slapping player around (maybe Honda?), win the relegation race, then get reborn with Montella. Plus ca change.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

This is a common thing when things start going bad for a team after many years of good results, fans tend to start getting attached to those that "spit blood on the pitch", they want a manager that "kicks those girls they call players in the rear end". To be honest, Milan's situation in the last couple of years reminds me a lot of our 2 years after Prandelli; hell, you even got the same manager we had at the time, plus Cerci and Montolivo haha. You just need to get Mihajlovic sacked, hire Delio Rossi, and get him fired too for slapping player around (maybe Honda?), win the relegation race, then get reborn with Montella. Plus ca change.

I was (and still am) a fan of Mihajlovic's coaching methodologies though this insistence on 4-3-1-2 with players out position is killing me. I know exactly what you mean though. Mexes has never put in his best effort, though, I really don't understand where the love for him comes from. For one season when he came over from Roma I was excited but he quickly turned out to be a garbageman and now people remember his insane goals that happen once a season and nothing else. It's really annoying.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm not exaggerating when I say I don't think Mexes is good enough to start in Serie A. Maybe Carpi or something. Then again I've only watched Serie A on and off for ~3 years so maybe I missed when he was good? Maybe it's just the games I choose to watch he's really bad in? He looks like a clown and his decision making is terrible.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 7, 2015

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

He's a fraud and his career has been kept up by his seasonal golazos

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Duro posted:

You can watch Roma in the CL final. :agesilaus:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

His crazy goals are all that matter. He'd be better in midfield where he'd be forced to work harder imo

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

You can watch Roma in the CL final group stage game being knocked out by a bunch of belarussian farmers. :agesilaus:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I saw someone on Twitter point out that Juve already used their non EU transfer spots on Cuadrado and Hernanes, so Tevez probably couldn't transfer in January anyways.

E: I guess Hernanes doesn't count since he came from an Italian club. So idk, ijdk. I guess Alex Sandro counts?

trem_two fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 8, 2015

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

I saw someone on Twitter point out that Juve already used their non EU transfer spots on Cuadrado and Hernanes, so Tevez probably couldn't transfer in January anyways.

E: I guess Hernanes doesn't count since he came from an Italian club. So idk, ijdk. I guess Alex Sandro counts?

Cuadrado came from Chelsea? And Sandro came from Porto? Why does Hernanes not count and they do? Can we solve this problem by firing Hernanes out of some kind of giant cannon into the sun?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Cuadrado came from Chelsea? And Sandro came from Porto? Why does Hernanes not count and they do? Can we solve this problem by firing Hernanes out of some kind of giant cannon into the sun?

I don't know anything, I guess just pretend I never made that post.

Sorry, just sorry.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The X-man cometh posted:

You can watch Roma in the CL final. :agesilaus:

I do have a soft spot for Roma to be honest, mainly cause my dad used to work in the Mussolini building next to Stadio Olimpico

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I don't mind Milan sucking, I do mind Inter sucking less than Milan.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I read on Gazzetta today that Barcelona are interested in Giovinco........

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Duro posted:

I read on Gazzetta today that Barcelona are interested in Giovinco........

Someone needs to get that guy out of Canada. What a waste.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Brony Car posted:

Has he experienced a winter yet?

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Brony Car posted:

Hey, I was forced to live in Toronto and I didn't make 6 million a year. Where's the pity for ME?

But seriously, people were loving down on Giovinco when Juve tossed him to the trash. The best thing that could happen to him for his career was going to Toronto and ripping it, plus the salary was nothing to scoff at

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think most people knew he would be absurdly good in MLS because he could've easily played for anyone except Juventus in Italy, and really he probably could have slotted in just fine, but Conte didn't pick him above others. Barcelona might be a stretch but he should really come back to Europe.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

I think most people knew he would be absurdly good in MLS because he could've easily played for anyone except Juventus in Italy, and really he probably could have slotted in just fine, but Conte didn't pick him above others. Barcelona might be a stretch but he should really come back to Europe.

Come home, Sebastian.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Morata's knee seems to be hosed, he's getting carted off in Spain's game and it doesn't look good.

gently caress off with these injuries mannnnnnn

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Morata's knee seems to be hosed, he's getting carted off in Spain's game and it doesn't look good.

lmao they're playing loving Luxembourg too

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Theyre saying it's a fibula fracture, I'm going to the piazza but not before blowing up a car bomb at the Spanish federation

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

Broke his fibula, doesn't look good.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Ugh just ugh

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Turns out Morata didn't break a bone, he just has a deep bruise. He'll miss the Inter match, but shouldn't be out for an extended period of time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Turns out Morata didn't break a bone, he just has a deep bruise. He'll miss the Inter match, but shouldn't be out for an extended period of time.

Best news I've heard all week.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I was hoping Atom Ant would come to Viola. Thankfully we are being linked with some good (allegedly) players and seem to have our forward situation sorted.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Now Pogba sprained his ankle, who in Juve desecrated church or something?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Simone Poodoin posted:

Pereyra also injured. The Allegri curse is terrifying...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Leggrotaglie's revenge

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The new Parma have bought back all of the old Parma's trophy for 50k Euros at auction.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/12-10-2015/calcio-parma-1913-si-ricompra-coppe-vinta-l-asta-trofei-bacheca-130473982153.shtml (Italian)

It's weird that they had to do that but I'm glad that they get them, and that they will stay with the team.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

The new Parma have bought back all of the old Parma's trophy for 50k Euros at auction.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/12-10-2015/calcio-parma-1913-si-ricompra-coppe-vinta-l-asta-trofei-bacheca-130473982153.shtml (Italian)

It's weird that they had to do that but I'm glad that they get them, and that they will stay with the team.

Speaking of Parma, this year's Parma is Genoa.

Guardia di Finanza has seized books and stuff from Genoa's and Bari's HQs, investigating their owners Preziosi and Paparesta, as well as possible involvement by Lotito (of course, he's everywhere). The current claim is that they would not have had the money to sign up for this year's league if not for inflated sales and some weird stuff related to tv rights.

Tangential: Galliani is currently under scrutiny for Parma's bankrupcy for when Milan bought Paletta from them it was only valued 2.5m which was a really low value compared to (at the time) his real value.

tl;dr :italy:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

2.5 million for Paletta was overpaying by 2.5 million. Galliani did nothing wrong except for signing him.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I always read the bank initially as 'Guardia di Firenze' and imagine these purple robed dudes just storming into a place all storm trooper like and being ominously silent.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Guardia di Finanza isn't a bank, it's the italian "tax police". It's actually even weirder than that because it's actually part of the military, not of the police.
Why are tax inspectors still part of the military in Italy? The short answer is, to gently caress with NATO budget standards, but it's a long story.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I like to think of them as analogous to the ATF in America if that helps, but with money instead of things.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Caceres was reintegrated in the Juve squad after his punishment following his car accident. Unfortunately (?) he got injured while playing for Uruguay against Colombia, after a hard tackle by... Cuadrado.

Allegri curse so strong his own players are killing each other.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lazio Youth

Soulex fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Lazio Youth

lol

Today I found out that Torino is rebuilding the Stadio Filadelfia and will move over there in 2016 if all goes to plan. The construction starts this weekend, on Saturday, 89 years to the day of when the first Filadelfia was completed. There are renders here: http://www.filadelfia.it/progetto_stadio_filadelfia

I'm not sure if the team will own the whole thing as some of the money is coming from the surrounding commune but it's all through a foundation, so who knows.

• Locked thread