Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

no news website should have a comments section of any kind

comments on op-eds and opinion pieces are okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
also re: penile archaeology
https://twitter.com/WarrenIsDead/status/651782952632889345/photo/1

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Blackula69 posted:

I often just skip articles and go straight to the comments, to see if there's any glaring errors that the readers are dogpiling on. Or to see the author engaging in slapfights. Without the comments, then how will you know the ways in which the writer is dumb? This is a crucial distinction, otherwise we'd go back to the wild west days of newspapers when everyone just believed everything they read, and journalists could publish anything without questioning their humanity.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

good tweets

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Squeezy Farm posted:

gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas gas

have you tried not clicking this thread if it annoys you so much

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

you guys /are/ talking a lot of poo poo tbf

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Awia posted:

you guys /are/ poo poo tbf

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

idea: we can go back to talking about games in a gaming thread.

like how very disappointing SOMA is.

or no man's sky.

or how you should all just sell your body parts and become part robotic because robots are going to come kill us all anyway.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
the new darkest dungeon dungeon is pretty dark

lots of cool fish monsters

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV02RsYR9Qg

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

the new darkest dungeon dungeon is pretty dark

lots of cool fish monsters

i think the last time a monster really scared me was the balverines in fable when i was a kid.

i wish fable didn't run itself into the poo poo ground.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
is the new battlefront gonna be good? on one hand, i like battlefield 4 and the frostbite engine has basically been fixed. on the other, it looks like a lot of the depth of bf4 was striped out to take advantage as much star warezzz fever as possible. the gameplay demos make it look fun, but it can also be bad in a whole lotta other ways that we won't see until the full game.

also, mgo is p fun even if it's kinda barebones.

Blackula69 posted:

the economist's comments section is p alright since it's closed off to subscribers (lol as if this is helping SA). the worst you see are free market blowhards that are at least putting in an effort to read the article.

Necronomoticon fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 8, 2015

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Necronomoticon posted:

is the new battlefront gonna be good? on one hand, i like battlefield 4 and the frostbite engine has basically been fixed. on the other, it looks like a lot of the depth of bf4 was striped out to take advantage as much star warezzz fever as possible. the gameplay demos make it look fun, but it can also be bad in a whole lotta other ways that we won't see until the full game.
gameplay demos are so tightly scripted for every multiplayer game as to be meaningless, put zero stock in them.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

this is true. these clips also assume that an unnatural amount of coordination between people. ever since the death of dedicated servers and lobby system, I really have no idea how anyone engages these communities beyond muting anyone that makes a peep

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Necronomoticon posted:

this is true. these clips also assume that an unnatural amount of coordination between people. ever since the death of dedicated servers and lobby system, I really have no idea how anyone engages these communities beyond muting anyone that makes a peep

lots of standing behind cover shooting at nothing until someone comes along in a vehicle

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

vanilla tf2 was pretty good about making teamwork feel organic. i don't think that has really been replicated elsewhere, except destiny, admittedly

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Necronomoticon posted:

vanilla tf2 was pretty good about making teamwork feel organic. i don't think that has really been replicated elsewhere, except destiny, admittedly

Journey?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

journey is good i should play it on the ps4 i bet its even prettier than it was on ps3!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Journey doesn't have teamwork, just a friend to walk with.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
let me tell you about dark souls

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Phoenixan posted:

i don't even know what motherboard is but i can already guess that having no comments secton is probably for the best

epsecially if it causes someone to whine enough to make a comic about it

its dumb that they came up with some bullshit about "other ways to hear from our audience" (if that's actually true" because their audience is full of retarded nerds who nobody wishes to hear from.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i think i will pick darkest dungeon up again

i was waiting for a new patch to come in, i think i should start a new game

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I am playing civ v again and it's really hard to not quote red october when your in a naval battle with america

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

hubris.height posted:

i think i will pick darkest dungeon up again

i was waiting for a new patch to come in, i think i should start a new game

the houndmaster is a cool and good class

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i didn't feel like they were much to write home about when i played last but they kept dying before they could do much

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i tried MGO. i found a good snipe spot and spent a match spotting people assuming this meant my team members would also see them. but i didn't get any points for doing this.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Necronomoticon posted:

battlefield gameplay demos always imply that there'll be a coherent ebb and flow to the match, that frontlines will form and shift back and forth before one side through a combination of teamwork and tenacity manages to break through and win the day, as if every battlefield match doesn't end up in half the team running off into the mountains to get the sickest sniping spot while the other half gets ripped to shreds by a guy in an attack helicopter who's played the game for over a thousand hours, and the most fun you'll ever have is being an idiot behind enemy lines trying to shank people and steal their dogtags.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Necronomoticon posted:

just wait until it comes out and see what people are saying about gameplay

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Necronomoticon posted:

muting anyone that makes a peep

this but any game ever

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Korean Boomhauer posted:

this but any game ever

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I join mumble just so I can mute people.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

SynthOrange posted:

everyone needs a hobby

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

hey old people: have a rise of the triad remake X5KIK-Y5ZNR-CQ8L4

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

im gonna try battlefront, will report back

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

dear madden 16, please stop suggesting chew clock plays when I'm the one who has to conserve game time

like, that's basic poo poo, how do you even gently caress that up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Battlefront is a DICE game so basically, wait until 2-3 months after it first comes out and gets most of the critical showstopping bugs patched.

• Locked thread