Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Am I seeing this correctly that Netflix has Bourne 1 and 2 but not 3. Why must you do this to me netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

drunken officeparty posted:

Am I seeing this correctly that Netflix has Bourne 1 and 2 but not 3. Why must you do this to me netflix

It's available if you have some way of appearing to be in Canada, Mexico or South America :ssh:

http://www.moreflicks.com/titles/movies_the-bourne-ultimatum_2007

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

A MIRACLE posted:

Okay so they took Dead Zone off of Netflix for october.

so what are some streaming recommendations for halloween spooky scary time? I have netflix and amazon

V/H/S/2 is pretty cool. (V/H/S is ok and V/H/S: Viral is avoid at all costs)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I personally think VHS is better as a whole VHS 2 is generally solid with one great short, and VHS viral had a couple good shorts with an awful incomprehensible wrap around.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

A MIRACLE posted:

so what are some streaming recommendations for halloween spooky scary time? I have netflix and amazon

Scream
The Babadook
Children of the Corn
The Omen 1-3 (They get progressively worse as they go, but Omen 2 has some good kills and the ending to 3 is the most bizarre thing)
Hellraiser
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 (Not really good, but it's a campy trainwreck that the director didn't realize was gay as hell)
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Rosemary's Baby
Silence of the Lambs

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

A MIRACLE posted:

I made a pretty big list for the 2015 October Horror Movie Challenge thread. It's in the OP.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I've watched the first two episodes of American Horror Story: Freak Show and so far it is missing the mark for me. How did you guys feel about it? Does it get better? The characters are consistently making incredibly stupid decisions that make no sense and it is annoying. I was really looking forward to watching this :(

Parachute
May 18, 2003

remigious posted:

I've watched the first two episodes of American Horror Story: Freak Show and so far it is missing the mark for me. How did you guys feel about it? Does it get better? The characters are consistently making incredibly stupid decisions that make no sense and it is annoying. I was really looking forward to watching this :(

There are a few standout moments (Twisty the clown's story and everything involving Dandy mainly) but overall I think it is about as bad if not worse than Coven.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

remigious posted:

It doesn't get better.

I'm about to say that Curse of Chucky wasn't a bad horror movie, so you might doubt my recommendation, but AHS Freak Show sucks and goes nowhere.

MacGowans Teeth
Aug 13, 2003

BJPaskoff posted:

It doesn't get better.

I'm about to say that Curse of Chucky wasn't a bad horror movie, so you might doubt my recommendation, but AHS Freak Show sucks and goes nowhere.

Curse of Chucky actually wasn't bad. It was a decent reboot/recalibration of the series. I especially liked the post-credits scene, though.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I think the clown is the only element that is really intriguing me at this point. I'll probably finish the season just to see how that pans out.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Netflix is increasing the price for new subscribers to $10 a month.

quote:

Netflix said that current pricing for existing subscribers on the “standard” plan will remain in place for 12 months, unless they’re already covered by a price guarantee with a longer term.

It’s the company’s second price hike in the U.S. in less than two years. Netflix, which has more than 65 million streaming customers worldwide, in May 2014 raised the price of the two-stream plan by $1, from $7.99 to $8.99. It informed existing customers then that it wouldn’t raise their rates for two years.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm right on the edge of cancelling Netflix, so I guess a price hike would be the last nudge I need to finally do it. I guess I'll keep it for the next 6 months or so and see how things develop.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I am still being charged 7.99 a month. When will that end?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Magnus Gallant posted:

The price won't go up for existing customers for another year I think. That's why I'm going to give it maybe 6 months and see how much the movie selection shrinks in that time.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Go to the site, and click Your Account under the dropdown in the top right. It should tell you under "Plan Details"

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

remigious posted:

Season 1 and 2 of American Horror story are the good ones, 3 and 4 are a mess.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sleeveless posted:

Season 1 and 2 of American Horror story are the good ones, 3 and 4 are a mess.

Its one of the steepest declines I've ever seen for a t.v. show, right up there with Heroes. After Asylum(season 2), I was all-in, it was bar none my most anticipated show going into the next season. Halfway through Coven I knew things had somehow gone horribly wrong, yet I stuck it out because I still considered it one of my favorite shows. I was a little worried but still excited for Freak Show, but I couldn't make it past episode 3 or 4, it was just so goddamn boring. I won't be watching the new season.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Its one of the steepest declines I've ever seen for a t.v. show, right up there with Heroes. After Asylum(season 2), I was all-in, it was bar none my most anticipated show going into the next season. Halfway through Coven I knew things had somehow gone horribly wrong, yet I stuck it out because I still considered it one of my favorite shows. I was a little worried but still excited for Freak Show, but I couldn't make it past episode 3 or 4, it was just so goddamn boring. I won't be watching the new season.

Haha. I had the exact same experience. Coven was arguably worse than Freak Show though. I just wasn't willing to give the show the benefit of the doubt anymore after Coven and Freak Show seemed just as bad.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Oh no! Now a month of Netflix is almost 3/4 of a non-3D movie ticket.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cocoa Ninja posted:

Oh no! Now a month of Netflix is almost 3/4 of a non-3D movie ticket.

3/4 of an IMAX ticket for me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

NESguerilla posted:

Haha. I had the exact same experience. Coven was arguably worse than Freak Show though. I just wasn't willing to give the show the benefit of the doubt anymore after Coven and Freak Show seemed just as bad.

Coven was definitely worse than Freak Show; the main problem with Freak Show is that it disappeared up its own rear end quicker than usual and seemed to be "trying too hard".

Asylum remains the one unquestionably great season of AHS. Haven't watched Hotel yet.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

Did someone say Coven, man?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Chantel Ackerman's movies are free on Hulu for a while because she died.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Netflix added some classic Kung-Fu movies, including the 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Five Element Ninjas, and the Five Venoms. I haven't seen any of those, but I've heard they're good. Some people who have watched a lot of Kung-Fu could probably find some other gems.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Netflix added some classic Kung-Fu movies, including the 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Five Element Ninjas, and the Five Venoms. I haven't seen any of those, but I've heard they're good. Some people who have watched a lot of Kung-Fu could probably find some other gems.

Those three are all loving amazing. They also added Crippled Avengers, which is a lot of fun.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Crippled Avengers is part of what 4 movies? Each cringe worthy but remember those guys became big time celebs at least.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Crippled Avengers is by far my favorite Shaw Bros. movie.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

NESguerilla posted:

I'm very cautiously optimistic for AHS: Hotel because Ryan Murphy is busy with Scream Queens so he hopefully won't be as involved and this is the first season without Jessica Lange so they can't lean on her being the same catty old drunk character that ties the show together for the fifth time.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

For me, most of the other big-name Shaw Bros. movies (Five Element Ninjas, Five Deadly Venoms, 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, etc) beat it, but it's still a really enjoyable little movie.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I started watching The Flash and while it can be a little corny it is actually a pretty decent show. It's way better than Arrow. I'm glad it isn't so broody. Arrow seems like it takes itself way too seriously.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

X-Ray Pecs posted:

gently caress. yes. Five Deadly Venoms is one of my favorite kung fu movies.

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

The girlfriend and I have been binging on 'The West Wing' and it's become "our" show. At the moment we have very differing schedules with work so she wakes up early and goes to sleep early, I have the morning off and come in late so we get 1 maybe 2 episodes in at night. What, if any, shows similar to this are available to watch to ease my craving in the morning? I have Netflix and Prime available.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Veep is great and has a few seasons on Prime.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Banshee is loving awesome. Why am I only just now finding out about this show?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Banshee is loving awesome. Why am I only just now finding out about this show?

Because it's on Cinemax, basically. They did an ultra-poor job of promoting it, and word of mouth didn't pick up for it until semi-recently.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I decided to scroll through Hulu to see what horror movies they had and, Jesus Christ, it took me 15 minutes to scroll though them all. They have like the entire Full Moon catalog; 8 Puppet Master films, Doll Man, Demon Toys, both Maniac Cops. Not to mention five Howlings, Gingerdead Man, Evil Bong and Gingerdead Man vs. Evil Bong.

It's like scrolling through an old corner VHS rental store from the early 90s.

I swear, if this thing existed 8-10 years ago during my heavy smoking and watching ridiculous poo poo phase I would've forgotten to eat or sleep for days.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

36th Chamber is loving amazing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I decided to scroll through Hulu to see what horror movies they had and, Jesus Christ, it took me 15 minutes to scroll though them all. They have like the entire Full Moon catalog; 8 Puppet Master films, Doll Man, Demon Toys, both Maniac Cops. Not to mention five Howlings, Gingerdead Man, Evil Bong and Gingerdead Man vs. Evil Bong.

It's like scrolling through an old corner VHS rental store from the early 90s.

I swear, if this thing existed 8-10 years ago during my heavy smoking and watching ridiculous poo poo phase I would've forgotten to eat or sleep for days.

I have Full Moon Streaming and what's on Hulu is about half of what's on the main site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I just watched this and can confirm that it is dope as hell.