Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Panama Red posted:

Couple of puro-related questions:

1) How is Zero 1 still in business? They were something of a joke a decade ago but they still seem to be plugging along.

They do a lot of subcontractong work whenever a wrestling company is needed. The parent company has strong ties to different industries and promotions, so they are very much involved in anything wrestling related, for example when a commercial needs wrestlers/a ring.

They also help Onita run his Fireworks shows which seem to turn a good profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I prefer to believe that every struggling Japanese promotion is funded by yakuza

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
As it turns out, I get to go out drinking with The Great Kabuki tomorrow. :aaa:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Roger Explosion posted:

Gonna need way more detail than that. Also ask him why his uppercut is so awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roger Explosion posted:

congrats? Don't let him piss in your beer.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ditch posted:

Gonna need way more detail than that.

I know a guy who knows a guy that owns a bar he likes to frequent when he's in town. He's a cool guy!

quote:

Also ask him why his uppercut is so awesome.
Because his hands are the size of dinner plates and his knuckles the size of ping-pong balls:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
aaaaa thats cool as hell

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
"I'm markin' out, bro!"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
holy poo poo

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
He also gave me the rare shiny version of his business card:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

He also gave me the rare shiny version of his business card:

Nice inkan holder bro.

That is awesome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

‏@STRIGGA 36s36 seconds ago

Atsushi Onita offered himself to be the replacement for Go Shiozaki and wants go rescue #AJPW. He plans to renew his feud with Akebono.

Atsushi Onita, Triple Crown Champion. I can see the writing on the wall.

:lol:

I gotta admit that would actually make me watch AJPW tho

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Onita matches typically have the prospect of him dishing out a harsh/sloppy powerbomb or two. Without that... ugh.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Onita the triple crown champion in 2015? It's possible I guess. What's next, him defending the belts in an exploding barbed wire match?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what happens when the immobile object meets the immovable force?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Onita vs Joe Doering would be a spectacle.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This is all made more interesting by the fact that when he was young, Onita was supposed to be the Jr. Heavyweight star for AJPW. One night he slipped on some water and hosed his knee up realllllly bad, and they let him go. He went to the states for a couple years and and worked for Terry Funk and Jerry Lawler, then came back and did the FMW/Deathmatch deal we all know him for. He's come full circle, if they actually go through with this.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
He was still with AJPW when he did the American excursion I think, since he teamed with Fuchi a lot. The stuff he saw in Memphis and Puerto Rico clearly directly led to the style of FMW, especially early on where it's pretty much a direct copy of those promotions.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Spermgod posted:

He was still with AJPW when he did the American excursion I think, since he teamed with Fuchi a lot. The stuff he saw in Memphis and Puerto Rico clearly directly led to the style of FMW, especially early on where it's pretty much a direct copy of those promotions.

there is so much cribbing onita did with memphis in fmw. It's a no-brainer now I start thinking about it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So I guess Tenryu final match/retirement show with him vs. Okada is going to air in movie theaters around Japan? Sounds kind of crazy.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

KungFu Grip posted:

So I guess Tenryu final match/retirement show with him vs. Okada is going to air in movie theaters around Japan? Sounds kind of crazy.

Not really. Kobashi's retirement show aired in theaters as well.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
Didn't the previous Prime Minister go to Kobashi's retirement match?
True GOAT.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Gatorfade posted:

Didn't the previous Prime Minister go to Kobashi's retirement match?
True GOAT.
That would be Hase's retirement.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

Ditch posted:

That would be Hase's retirement.

Nah, I looked it up. Yoshihiko Noda attended his retirement.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Didn't know that!

A different ex-PM was at Hase's.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

IIRC Noda was the last guy to greet Kobashi in the ring during his mid-show ceremony.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Today I just realised that I haven't been paying enough attention to DDT, because I missed out on them now having the DDT King Of Dark Championship, aka a championship that is only being defended in dark matches, and the current champion can only wrestle in dark matches until he loses the title.

Leave it to DDT to find a way to make dark matches actually mean something.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Germansimp posted:

Today I just realised that I haven't been paying enough attention to DDT, because I missed out on them now having the DDT King Of Dark Championship, aka a championship that is only being defended in dark matches, and the current champion can only wrestle in dark matches until he loses the title.

ROH had something like that.

It was called the "Top of the Class" trophy. :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Germansimp posted:

Please tell me it leads to someone intentionally trying to lose matches to make it back on the roster but constantly winning on accident.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Flameingblack posted:

Please tell me it leads to someone intentionally trying to lose matches to make it back on the roster but constantly winning on accident.

Loser wins the belt.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tonfa posted:

Loser wins the belt.
I love DDT. How was Joey Ryan?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
One of Sanshiro Takagi's attempts to be free of the dark title involved a huge inflatable bottle of Zima. This failed because it was up against a huge inflatable Corona (but mostly because, c'mon, Zima)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

@purowookie posted:

Mil Mascaras, Dory Funk Jr, Kabuki & Masakatsu Funaki vs NOSAWA, Fujiwara, Kaz Hayashi & CIMA

NOSAWA = GOAT booker

:what:

Full card courtesy of https://www.purolove.com

quote:

Tokyo Gurentai "TOKYO DREAM 2015", 01.12.2015
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Vaccine Fight Offer Match ~ WAR GAMES ~: Alexander Otsuka, Hideki Suzuki & Takuya Kai vs. Ryo Kawamura, Tomohiko Hashimoto & Kotaro Nasu
2. FULL THROTTLE: FUJITA vs. Seiya Sanada
3. Special Tag Match: Minoru Suzuki & Kazunari Murakami vs. Yoshihiro Takayama & Suguru Miyatake
4. Tokyo Intercontinental Tag Team Title: Mitsuo Momota & Chikara (c) vs. "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa & Kikutaro
5. Tokyo World Heavyweight Title: MAZADA (c) vs. Maasaaki Mochizuki
6. TOKYO DREAM 2015 ~ NOSAWA Rongai 20th Anniversary Debut Match: Mil Mascaras, Dory Funk Jr., Great Kabuki & Masakatsu Funaki vs. NOSAWA Rongai, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, CIMA & Kaz Hayashi

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 11, 2015

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
This is the most excited I've been about cards I'm never going see since I found out Tomohiro Ishii did extensive time in Toryumon after WAR closed.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

This is the most excited I've been about cards I'm never going see since I found out Tomohiro Ishii did extensive time in Toryumon after WAR closed.

I'm sure RealHero is getting his hands on that and I'm definitely gonna be showing that in PSP.tv ASAP.

By the way.....

Dory Funk Jr=74
Mil Mascaras = 73
Great Kabuki = 67
Masa Funaki = 46

Yoshiaki Fujiwara = 66
Kaz Hayashi = 42
NOSAWA = 38
CIMA = 37

Combined ages = 443

CIMA's actually younger than I thought.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

CIMA's actually younger than I thought.

He was an absolute baby when he started training. What's crazier to me is that Dragon Kid turns 40 in February.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is that gonna be an actual War Games or just some weird six man tag?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

whatever it is, Mil Mascaras is going over.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Friggin NOSAWA. It's the same drat worthless match every time because he sucks and always drops the fall. But he's apparently the most popular guy backstage in puroresu so he's tolerated.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

MPro?

Ditch fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Nah 2001. http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1210&page=4&year=2001&promotion=1249

I need to go back through the Lynch match guides and see if that 3-Way 6 Man made tape because outside of Magnum TOKYO I love every other wrestler in that match. I think it's probably on a Vamamos Amigos during that time period due to El Numero Uno going on that show. I'm really trying to find any of Ishii in Toryumon in that time period.