Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

OctoberBlues posted:

My highly tuned eyes say that is a Sargento cheddar slice.

edit: I say that because it is so thin you can see through it.

Just looked these up. What's the point?

"I want cheese, but only a slight whisper of cheese because I suck"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Only 45 calories per slice! That means I can use 8 slices on this sandwich!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Picnic Princess posted:

They seem useful for things like patty melts or breakfast sandwiches where you want a bit of cheese on both sides, but not too much, and it should melt quickly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Falafel is basically the best food.
Falafel is dry, inedible garbage. When I say this people inevitably tell me I must not have had good falafel, because "it shouldn't be dry", but I've eaten the same falafel they claim is good and it is always dry. I need a glass of water to choke it down.

Un chien andalou posted:

Screaming peppers best peppers
That capsicum is clearly laughing.

TontoCorazon posted:

It looks like a slice of cheddar
Looks too dark to be cheddar to me, but I guess that might be the lighting?

From the "what did you cook last night" thread:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dry mouth is an actual clinical issue and you should stop blaming it on food.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Picnic Princess posted:

Dry mouth is an actual clinical issue and you should stop blaming it on food.

Obesity is, too. People will never stop blaming food.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've always associated drymouth with alcohol

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Tiggum posted:

Falafel is dry, inedible garbage. When I say this people inevitably tell me I must not have had good falafel, because "it shouldn't be dry", but I've eaten the same falafel they claim is good and it is always dry. I need a glass of water to choke it down.

Good falafel is nice and moist, with a crispy but not crunchy shell. It's really incredible. Unfortunately, it's also extremely hard to find. I've had to make my own for lack of good falafel in town.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Tiggum posted:

That capsicum is clearly laughing.

Looks too dark to be cheddar to me, but I guess that might be the lighting?

From the "what did you cook last night" thread:

Freshly cooked felafel is awesome but prepackaged stuff or felafel that's been cooked and left out for ages is basically inedible.

Also, that's a drat good looking pizza. Definitely would.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I remember trying to make falafel in college and somehow it ended up with a texture that a friend described as 'beany gum' :gonk:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ya'lls missin Tahina in your falafel.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Plinkey posted:

I thought the bun was baked with A1 sauce to make it black. Not sure if that's better or worse.

I don't think you should continue to use your A1 if it's pitch black

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ya'lls missin Tahina in your falafel.

That's what I was thinking; who cares how dry a falafel is if it's being dipped up to your wrist in cool, creamy tahini and a drizzle of hot sauce?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Pyrotoad posted:

I remember trying to make falafel in college and somehow it ended up with a texture that a friend described as 'beany gum' :gonk:

I had it made for me once, and it was good. I tried to make it myself out of an international isle boxed kit(they also have a bunch of boxed couscous which aren't horrid) and following the instructions, I ended up with fried sand. I guarantee that the 30 minute soak instruction on late 90's packaging wasn't good enough.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I have a big bottle of unopened Tahina.

Don't fancy falafels though

What can I do

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman posted:

What can I do

Chug chug chug chug chug!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Hummus.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Woah, buddy, you're definitely in the wrong thread.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Nah. Hummus looks like wet catshit.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

serious norman posted:

What can I do

I grew up with a very crunchy granola mom who had crunchy granola mom friends. I remember one kid in our play group, Daniel, was allergic to peanuts so his mom would always insist on bringing snacks for everyone. One time my mom, his mom and the two 4 year olds went to a pumpkin patch. She gave me a sandwich and said it was a peanut butter sandwich. It was a tahini sandwich on white bread. Who would do that to a child?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Nah. Hummus looks like wet catshit.

You either need to find a new grocer or take your cat to the vet.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Come on. Like all crunchy granola people, I of course make my own.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Woah, buddy, you're definitely in the wrong thread.

Hummus is AFP

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

That looks like a Margherita pizza done in a wood fire oven, definitely would.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

Hummus is AFP

Only if guacamole is, too.

I think you're all freaking out over a very minor thing. Hummus is fine. It's normal.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
couscous is AFP, poo poo's like gross spider eggs trying to be lovely rice

gently caress you couscous

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's the driest of all carbs, that's for sure.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Only if guacamole is, too.

I think you're all freaking out over a very minor thing. Hummus is fine. It's normal.

Some food is inherently AFP, and some needs the help of bad photography to be AFP. I could see hummus or guacamole looking revolting if its shot with a lovely cell phone pic instead of professional photography.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

couscous is AFP, poo poo's like gross spider eggs trying to be lovely rice

gently caress you couscous

Couscous is bad, but if you told kid me the first time I had gnocchi that it was some sort of larvae I would have believed you wholeheartedly. The weird semi-mucous it was sitting in at the time didn't help either.

If we're going for personal weird AFP stuff though, I can't stand flan. Or really any semi-rigid pudding that stands on its own. It tastes just fine, but the consistency of it just makes me gag the second it passes my lips. I never understood it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is that a McDonalds pie in aspic?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Looks like shrimp or grubs in aspic, no clue on the corn ball on the side.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Nah. Hummus looks, tastes and smells like wet catshit.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Wow holy hell even the most midwestern people I know will chow on some hummus regularly. Allow me to introduce you to taramasalata

More greek paste - ground roe. They serve it alongside tahini and tzatziki with pita appetizers and poo poo. It doesn't really taste like much of anything but people freak out about it anyways.

e: and to follow up, a video on how to make it with some singing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnDqRlA8wIg. I guess it's sardine roe! I never knew.

theres a will theres moe has a new favorite as of 04:34 on Oct 9, 2015

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Wow holy hell even the most midwestern people I know will chow on some hummus regularly. Allow me to introduce you to taramasalata

More greek paste - ground roe. They serve it alongside tahini and tzatziki with pita appetizers and poo poo. It doesn't really taste like much of anything but people freak out about it anyways.

e: and to follow up, a video on how to make it with some singing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnDqRlA8wIg. I guess it's sardine roe! I never knew.

I think this thread is mainly comprised of two types of people: those who love food and want to laugh at ugly food, and picky eaters who want to justify their aversions. I have no factual basis for this presumption, but it's the feeling I get.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Reminds me of...

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

VendaGoat posted:

Reminds me of...

what a waste of parsley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy