Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Oneiros posted:

What have I unleashed? :magical:

I've enjoyed it. It is nice to see what apps other people are using. I'm checking a few out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also real talk: folders are ugly as all hell and are an abomination to see.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Get on my level

Nice wallpaper, buddy.

Here's my humble home screen

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I had the coolest bug last night where my phone wouldn't charge, or at least it didn't give any visual/audio indication that it was charging. I was freaking out thinking that somehow the port was broken, because I tried two different chargers and two different cables, both of which worked fine to charge my iPad, but my phone just wasn't responding to being plugged in at all. A reboot of the phone cleared everything up, somehow. iOS 9 still has a lot of bugs to work out, which is a shame, since I thought the whole point of 9 was to stop trying to change everything so much and just make a more stable and consistent OS.

I have experienced all of the above though I haven't experienced settings menu oddness since moving off of the GM to the official release.

So yeah, it's not just you.

Also enjoying homescreen chat. :shobon:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Why do you have camera in the fixed bar when you can always just swipe up to get to it?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also real talk: folders are ugly as all hell and are an abomination to see.

I kind of agree.

One thing I miss from Android is from a custom launcher called Action Launcher Pro - it lets you have special folders which by default just show the icon of the first app you put in.

If you press the icon, the app launches.

If you swipe up on the icon, the folder opens.

It'd much improve the look of my phone if Apple stole that.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why do you have camera in the fixed bar when you can always just swipe up to get to it?

I have the same thing. For me I usually want to take a picture quickly of something happening so having it on the bottom right is nice instead of swiping up then pressing on the icon anyhow.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
There's also the new Touch ID sensor on the 6s which won't let you see your lock screen at all.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm getting a kick out of home screen chat because it's like one of those terrible "post your custom ROMs!" threads except everyone's home screen is the same god damned thing. For better or worse.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm lame as gently caress.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Some of ya'll really need this site.

https://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/

The default background is great and all but drat lets live a little.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Snuffman posted:

I have experienced all of the above though I haven't experienced settings menu oddness since moving off of the GM to the official release.

So yeah, it's not just you.

Also enjoying homescreen chat. :shobon:

I had it hidden away in a folder, but the 3D Touch actions make it nice to have readily available so I can open right to whatever function I want.

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I'm lame as gently caress.

Yeah, jailbreaking is lame and dumb.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Macho Man guides me through the darkness.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

xzzy posted:

Nope. Apple really, really wants you to use their cloud features.

If it helps and you ever accidentally tap that "show all music" link, you can re-disable it by tapping the category headers (like Artists/Songs, whatever you get at the top of your music list) and turn it back off. But that just brings back the header. :downs:

I think the problem is too many people had "show offline only" for various reasons and forgot that it's checked, because it's in a menu.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

:grin:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Oh god, you're like Mom when it comes to the email. :gonk:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Oh god, you're like Mom when it comes to the email. :gonk:

I can't... I can't fix it.. it's grown too big!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alright, I'll bite.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Haha, that happened to me when iOS9 came out; it for some reason thought I wanted to sync my gmail account in Mail.app (I don't) and I suddenly had something like 4500 unread bullshit spam/advertising emails.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wait. Why are we posting home screens again? Aside from Awful.app's super cool auto-imgur functionality.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mark your mailbox as read you rear end in a top hat.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

enojy posted:

Wait. Why are we posting home screens again?

Someone posted their home screen with folders in the dock, someone else posted another screen with a stupid amount of folders, I was like "gently caress it lets post our home screens" and it was all downhill from there.

TBH a pretty good few pages in an Apple thread. I liked seeing what apps people consider their most important.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I honestly forgot Messages wasn't originally in the dock.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahahaha :vince:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Why would you need My O2 if you're on Vodafone? :colbert:

:vince:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

enojy posted:

Haha, that happened to me when iOS9 came out; it for some reason thought I wanted to sync my gmail account in Mail.app (I don't) and I suddenly had something like 4500 unread bullshit spam/advertising emails.

This is basically why I use the gmail app for my personal e-mail; I get far too many newsletters/promotion-type e-mails to have them poo poo up my notifications.

Every few months I make a desperate attempt to unsubscribe from as many as possible, and it gets better for a bit, then I order something from the Internet and think "yes! sure! I'd love to see some deals" and the cycle beings anew

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Bracing for rage

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Get on my level

Where the gently caress is tips

MarcusSA posted:

Some of ya'll really need this site.

https://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/

The default background is great and all but drat lets live a little.

Give it a bit, I like to roll stock for a bit when a new OS comes out.

Grassy Knowles fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 8, 2015

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.
Mmm, the endless choices for iOS customization are becoming very apparent with all of these homescreen posts.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

comper posted:

Mmm, the endless choices for iOS customization are becoming very apparent with all of these homescreen posts.

Almost like that's not why we're posting them.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Kazy posted:

I honestly forgot Messages wasn't originally in the dock.

Me too since I restore from back-up when I get a new iPhone.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 8, 2015

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

Folders Are Good

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

why do you all have Dark Sky

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pivo posted:

It's good!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pivo posted:

I don't. Weather underground for life, paid sub and all.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pivo posted:

I don't. I have BeWeather for that sweet-rear end widget :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Pivo posted: