Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

chip cheezum has a hour and a half stream of transformers game up.

I really like Chip's vague recollections of the original series. Like Megatron jumping into a mystical mountain to become Leonard Nimoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm glad that Galvatron is a voyager instead of leader. He seems quite chunky too, which I like.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

Galvatron looks very IDW and his Headmaster is Megatron. That's neat.

I just hope it doesn't mean that Megatron's going back on being an Autobot. I mean I figured it was going to happen at some point, because Hasbro, but I'm not ready for it yet.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I've asked before and I'm asking again. How do I just direct deposit my paychecks with Hasbro? Or do they have a convenient hole in a wall somewhere I can just shove all the money in? This will save a lot of time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Blaargh posted:

I've asked before and I'm asking again. How do I just direct deposit my paychecks with Hasbro? Or do they have a convenient hole in a wall somewhere I can just shove all the money in? This will save a lot of time.

It would help a lot if their own website wasn't now made of poo and string. (Sorry, DT)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Phy posted:

I just hope it doesn't mean that Megatron's going back on being an Autobot. I mean I figured it was going to happen at some point, because Hasbro, but I'm not ready for it yet.

Probably not, because in IDW, Megatron and Galvatron are separate characters.

See also: Cyclonus stealing combiner limbs so he can become Galvatron.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The_Doctor posted:

It would help a lot if their own website wasn't now made of poo and string. (Sorry, DT)

I work on product, not web or retail

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how or why or in what context it would make sense, but I always loved the TransTech faction logos and would love to see them used for something

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I kind of just want to see a little of what Transtech was supposed to be, it looked pretty crazy.

The continuity circlejerk stories by one publisher or another do not count.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I've only played a little bit of Devastation last night on my 360, and I'm still getting used to the controls. I also keep getting all these weapons, it seems, but I can't figure out how to customize anybody. Do you have to play through the first level as each character before you get to tweak anything?

Also, I saw online that at least a couple of folks besides me had gotten bum preorder codes from Game Stop. Is it common to have a delayed activation date for codes like that for some reason?

And how is XBone as far as loading screens? Optimus vs. Devastator was annoying because every time I lost, I had to pause for 20 seconds before starting again.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I didn't end up having to try again (though I will to get a better rating) but I don't recall any notable loading just entering that fight.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gammatron 64 posted:

Probably not, because in IDW, Megatron and Galvatron are separate characters.

Doesn't Galvatron also hate combiners?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I work on product, not web or retail
He's saying it's so bad he feels sorry for you just being involved. It's like a pig farm fire, you might be far away, but the stink still gets on you. And you can't unhear the squealing.

Personally I think it looks like HTS borrowed the WoTC digital wing, ie, the worst programmers in seattle club.

Anora posted:

Doesn't Galvatron also hate combiners?
Yep, and he waged a one man ethnic cleansing to slaughter the headmasters during his Galvatron the Barbarian years.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He decapitated them all, how did they come back!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
"Here's a picture of Fortress Maximus!" <doesn't show FortMax toy at panel> :saddowns:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sentinel Prime:

GEEZ GUYS I WONDER WHO COULD I POSSIBLY BE REMOLDED AS

Oh hai Fort Max

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

Astrotrain.

Take a long look at it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The answer was obviously Broadside DUUUUH

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Blackheart posted:

overlord? no one said his tank part couldn't be long and skinny.

Oh wait, I get it. It's Astrotrain, he turns into an Astro and a Train. But he doesn't triple change and it's still a bullet train. Unexciting.

Still maybe future titans will also be combiners that aren't quadriplegics and four limbs. Could be neat.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Where's Taint Reaper to zoom-enhance the silhouettes in the corners of the slides

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well that head really looks like Powermaster Prime.

Sentinel Prime looks good, a bit too Cybertronian for my tastes for Astrotrain (barring a substantial remold), but as it is it looks awesome. Almost Jhiaxian orange.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

No train mode pictures.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Man that is 110% spacebus

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone pointed out that it really looks like a design Don Figueroa made for Astrotrain, with almost the same transformation.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
wait I didn't notice he's actually a triple changer, must be lack of sleep. Well that's kinda neat but I'd prefer a steam train and this is getting further from that, though at least this is cooler than his last appearance.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Blackheart posted:

My first gut reaction was Omega Supreme, but that was probably just the colors talking.

I really hope that there's a third party upgrade kit that is just battle armor that turns into a chair for Megatron.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Why did they color Sentinel prime like Fire Guts Ginrai?

Why did they give him Astrotrain's body?

Like I can't think of a good reason for Sentinel Prime to have spaceship train mode. Like why does he need to be a choochoo, what purpose would that serve sentinel prime?

So many questions.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 9, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why did they color Sentinel prime like Fire Guts Ginrai?

That's what he looks like.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Like I can't think of a good reason for Sentinel Prime to have spaceship train mode. Like why does he need to be a choochoo, what purpose would that serve sentinel prime?

So many questions.

Why not? It's more useful than a firetruck I guess.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 9, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Why not? It's more useful than a firetruck I guess.

I dunno trains are a very limited and specific means of transportation. You would think this all powerful dude would have something that's more fitting like going from spaceship to massive tank or LAV or something.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Acne Rain posted:

I kind of just want to see a little of what Transtech was supposed to be, it looked pretty crazy.

The continuity circlejerk stories by one publisher or another do not count.

Yes, please. The concept art was so out there, and I want to know what happened to distant-future Cybertron.

The MSJ posted:

No train mode pictures.

This stuff makes me feel the opposite and inverse of what the first photos of the Armada figures made me feel back in the day.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Steve Vader posted:

So I've only played a little bit of Devastation last night on my 360, and I'm still getting used to the controls. I also keep getting all these weapons, it seems, but I can't figure out how to customize anybody. Do you have to play through the first level as each character before you get to tweak anything?

You have to complete the first chapter to be able to customize and upgrade weapons and stats.

Steve Vader posted:

Also, I saw online that at least a couple of folks besides me had gotten bum preorder codes from Game Stop. Is it common to have a delayed activation date for codes like that for some reason?

I got a bad code from Amazon. I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if it gets sorted out.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yeah why didn't they stick with G1 Sentinel Prime's alt mode?

Okay technically they never called him Sentinel Prime in G1 but that dude was Optimus' immediate predecessor so it's probably the same guy. In the script he's apparently called "U-Haul Robot".

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

That Galvatron looks awesome. I love that Hasbro continues to save me so much money. Is there any doubt we'll eventually get an IDW Rodimus now?

Ahahahaha. As someone who's been waiting decades for a decent Rodimus, let alone Rodimus Prime, that isn't the size of a loving Legends class, the answer to this question is yes, there is a lot of doubt.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Look, Sentinel Prime's head is obviously Rodimus. They share the same color scheme.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

It looks like his arms are supposed to fill in that gap in his side.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Mods, change my name to Sentinel Bright Fuckin' Orange, thanks in advance.

All this Combiner Wars and Titans Return stuff is making me think "till all are one" may not necessarily be a good thing after all. GALVATRON WAS RIGHT

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

The answer was obviously Broadside DUUUUH

So far it looks like he could be Astrotrain, Broadside, Omega Supreme and Rodimus Prime, just by this thread.

Sentinel Prime: Basically all as one. Infinitus.

I do like how his flying mode is basically the Ark. And he has some mad splits going on in Train mode.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sentinel Prime has some goofy loving back-feet. I'm hoping he's just mistransformed and he doesn't actually have legs like that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

Yeah why didn't they stick with G1 Sentinel Prime's alt mode?

Okay technically they never called him Sentinel Prime in G1 but that dude was Optimus' immediate predecessor so it's probably the same guy. In the script he's apparently called "U-Haul Robot".

That looks almost like Loudmouth's vehicle.

So what are the chances that the third part to the trilogy is pretenders? They did combiners, Titan's Return is headmasters, powermasters and action masters, and they're not going to throw beast wars at us.

Sockser posted:

Sentinel Prime has some goofy loving back-feet. I'm hoping he's just mistransformed and he doesn't actually have legs like that.

Each end of his feet form the nosecone to the shuttle ore the engine to his train. His feet are going to stay like that.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Has Sentinel been depicted looking like that previously? It actually reminds me of some versions of Nova/Nemesis Prime.

This looks like a really cool line!