Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

AhhYes posted:

Rep. Peter King tells me that members are crying in cloakroom, unable to handle the unrest and confusion. "A banana republic," he says.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/652181319590522880

It's been an amazingly lovely week and this is the only bright spot. But it is a very bright spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

It's been an amazingly lovely week and this is the only bright spot. But it is a very bright spot

Please settle this Popeye's debate once and for all.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
This is kind of election news, but it's too amazing not to share here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WERjL-mpPQ

Go on a 360 adventure with Donald Trump driving you to the presidency.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

zoux posted:

I dunno about real blackness but I do want a president that knows what a debt limit is.

See, even something like this, where the interviewer does a good job holding Carson's feet to the fire, doesn't really clarify to the audience (and Carson for that matter) what exactly a "default" does. Yes, that sounds bad, but when the average person hears that, they probably think that the U.S. will just lose a few points on its credit score for a few months, as opposed to having an economic meltdown.

The real question should be: "Dr. Carson, would you be willing to not raise the debt ceiling and DESTROY THE GLOBAL ECONOMY?!"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Now the US is confirming that multiple Russian missiles landed in Iran. Christ.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

zoux posted:

Any Republican voting for Pelosi for speaker would instantly get double digit primary challengers next year.

Yea even if there were 30 House Republicans who could live with speaker Pelosi, I don't know if you can find 30 that would be willing to commit political suicide

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Strange way to spell Bojangles but

Too local. Amazing biscuits but just doesn't have the reach for most people to encounter it

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
We all know who's moment it truly is now to become House Speaker:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

zoux posted:

Please settle this Popeye's debate once and for all.

Best fried chicken you will get in the north. In the south it is to fried chicken what Chipolte is to Mexican food. But for most of the country it is the best you will find

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Open discussion of a "caretaker" speaker. The hell does that even mean?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

AhhYes posted:

Open discussion of a "caretaker" speaker. The hell does that even mean?

They do not expect to stay past January 2017.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

evilweasel posted:

Would someone willingly do that? Seems like a bad gig.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

Assuming that the GOP takes the presidency, the knives are going to come out at that time regardless. Every one of those chucklefucks wants to hold the gavel when they bring about the destruction of the New Deal.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Fried Chicken posted:

Best fried chicken you will get in the north. In the south it is to fried chicken what Chipolte is to Mexican food. But for most of the country it is the best you will find

Does the north not have Church's?

We finally got one here in Denver, thank God.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

AhhYes posted:

Someone who was retiring and wanted to get the title. You get to say you were the speaker of the house, third in line for the Presidency, and only have to deal with about one year of childish poo poo. Probably also boosts your future lobbyist income.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Three Olives posted:

Missed, crashed in a very rural area, didn't detonate, no confirmed casualties. Let's not overstate

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Amergin posted:

Not the NW at least.

I'll concede my poke at Popeye's in light of the fact that I really don't go out of my way for fast food fried chicken.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

berserker posted:

We all know who's moment it truly is now to become House Speaker:

Ben Carson is a pale imitation of the greatest Black Republican to walk the Earth. :911:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Amergin posted:

Church's is worse than trash.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Church's is worse than trash.

Church's and Popeye's are owned by the same company.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
The only good chicken is served at South Baptist Church fundraisers. :colbert:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Mr Interweb posted:

Ben Carson is a pale imitation of the greatest Black Republican to walk the Earth. :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn7TcsT91C8

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Trash? Hell I eat out of a dumpster. A dumpster called ideology

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Fried Chicken posted:

Missed, crashed in a very rural area, didn't detonate, no confirmed casualties. Let's not overstate

How do you think the US would react if a few Russian cruise missiles accidentally landed in an Iowa cornfield hurting no one.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Teflon Don posted:

Trash? Hell I eat out of a dumpster. A dumpster called ideology

Can your dumpster elect a speaker?

Asking for a friend.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Fried Chicken posted:

The U.S. is in tryhard mode to embarrass the Russians over their Syria involvement.

quote:

American officials also said that some sort of mishap was to be expected, since the missiles had never previously been fired in wartime.

“This was the first operational test of these in operational conditions,” one official said of the Russian Kalibr missiles that were used.

Mr. Carter warned that “in coming days, the Russians will begin to suffer casualties.”

An American defense official said it was something of a surprise that Russia would have used cruise missiles to attack Syrian targets, given that those weapons are more commonly used in the face of heavy air defenses. Russia is allied with President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, so Russia would presumably not face any opposition from Syrian forces, and rebel groups have no air defenses.

American military officials have speculated that Moscow may simply have wanted to demonstrate its cruise missile capability to the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/world/middleeast/russian-missiles-aimed-at-syria-crashed-in-iran-us-officials-say.html?_r=0

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Russia burrowing itself back into a Middle Eastern quagmire will at least give the US an excuse to leave it all alone.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Three Olives posted:

How do you think the US would react if a few Russian cruise missiles accidentally landed in an Iowa cornfield hurting no one.

Well if there are Russian subs in Lake Michigan shooting cruise missiles into the United States (presumably at US targets), I'm pretty sure that'd be cause for a war.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So World War 3 is starting and a dog will be the new Speaker of the House?

Also living in the south is worth it for our fast food chicken options. Chicken Express is just down the street yo. Or if you don't like that, we got Zaxby's and Slim Chickens.

Edit: But the racism is bad... also the poor schooling... and the lovely wages... but we have chicken.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Three Olives posted:

Obama would call Putin up and yell at him for missing.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Three Olives posted:

Hey, the only story here is that the Russian missiles have very clear flaws. Russia is working WITH Iran in Syria so stop trying to make a story out of nothing.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Three Olives posted:

And I'm nearing my 20...awesome timing, you fuckers.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Putin isn't very forthcoming on his military's dances. Ask him a question it bounces off, he obviates, it glances.

When We bomb the Syria at least they know we know where Iran is.

See that's the problem sir they see Putin as a more extreme you, a key endorsement due to a bombing mistake just might redeem you.

Who did you have in mind?

Don't laugh.

Who do you mean?

You just had him sign a nuclear development pact.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

It might be nice, it might be nice, to have Rouhani on our side.

It might be nice, it might be nice, to have Rouhani on our side.

Talk less!

PUTIN

Bomb more!

PUTIN

Don't let the NATO know when troops are on their door!

PUTIN

Imprison him.

PUTIN

Help Assad, sho. It's 2015 tell your people ally with Russia!

Don't like the EU their coin's going down I'm so embarrassed.

As for America they always threaten, so barbaric.

I like that Putin guy his interests seem just more Arabic. He's really muscular, like he could lift an ox and bear it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Three Olives posted:

They would outpoll Jeb in the state caucus.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Also living in the south is worth it for our fast food chicken options. Chicken Express is just down the street yo.

I'm the only person in the state of Oklahoma who hates the gravy at Chicken Express. poo poo is nasty.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Russia burrowing itself back into a Middle Eastern quagmire will at least give the US an excuse to leave it all alone.

It has the opposite effect - the list of groups we'd least like to take over in a power vacuum in the Middle East are (in order of least bad to worst): China, ISIS, Iran, Russia.

It feeds the narrative that an area without US influence is vulnerable to encroaching influence by our "enemies" that is received well to an aging populace that somehow simultaneously forgot the Iraq War but still remembers the Cold War.

Plus nukes. And Israel.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Three Olives posted:

We wouldn't go to war over it, and that's what matters

A bigger concern would be what this does to Iran's domestic situation, in theory its fodder for the pro-nuke crowd to push for resuming weapons programs, but as I understand it their pro- nuke people are also pro-Russia and they held a vote on the deal already.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

AhhYes posted:

Yeah, you have to be careful. You sign up for what's supposed to be a temporary caretaker position and you end up driven crazy by a bunch of psychopathic servants of the rich and powerful.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Amergin posted:

It has the opposite effect - the list of groups we'd least like to take over in a power vacuum in the Middle East are (in order of least bad to worst): China, ISIS, Iran, Russia.

You would think a few hundred years of history would teach everybody by now that no one ever takes over in a Middle Eastern power vacuum but that's World politics for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Three Olives posted:

Why are we saying "landed"? Is it like that plot from Never Say Never Again?

• Locked thread