Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes on the McCarthy situation:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The tower is a prominent landmark on the Canberra skyline.

Peta is Peta Credlin, who was Tony Abbott's Chief of Staff (and was a high-up adviser to several Liberal leaders before that). She has a habit of wearing leopard print. She was heavily criticised for how she ran Tony Abbott's office, and was accused of wielding too much power / influence in her own right.

Part of the problem was that she was married to Brian Loughnane, the (now former) Federal Director of the Liberal Party. He stepped down recently (she left when Abbott got removed), and so after controlling the Liberals for around a decade (longer for him, shorter for her) they're moving on to other things.

Was she the Hobbes in that one Calvin and Hobbes cartoon he did?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is that a little John Howard golden idol? :swoon:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Those spoiled, fat autoworkers with their fancy union fighting to defend their wages and pensions even in the face of government regulation and industry collapse! Us poor miners have nothing like that at all to advocate for our needs against both the company and the government...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

betaraywil posted:

This isn't technically a cartoon, but it's a guy who thinks his parody of the liberal government that's destroying jobs is spot on:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mwhogan/small-biz-vs-big-government/description

It's fun, because it's the exact opposite of the value The Landlord's Game was supposed to inculcate.

If I want to be nostalgic I'll play Monopoly, not some insufferable bullshit.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rorus Raz posted:

Please tell me I'm not alone in having read that Dry Bones as "ABBA's terrorists" and imagined people hearing Dancing Queen as a prelude to an attack.

Hey, its another thing the Simpsons predicted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVahi5BB678

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Is that a little John Howard golden idol? :swoon:

Oh my god his whip is a blue tie.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I do not think this man understands the point of tiers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh :smith: (gently caress the Cardinals and those uncle tom Reds/Brewers :argh:)

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Not the worst summary of the clusterfuck that is Syria I've ever heard.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

I do not think this man understands the point of tiers.

What the gently caress am I going to do with 24 conspiracy theory board games?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

achillesforever6 posted:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh :smith: (gently caress the Cardinals and those uncle tom Reds/Brewers :argh:)

Oof, this one's gotta sting.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

betaraywil posted:

This isn't technically a cartoon, but it's a guy who thinks his parody of the liberal government that's destroying jobs is spot on:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mwhogan/small-biz-vs-big-government/description

It's fun, because it's the exact opposite of the value The Landlord's Game was supposed to inculcate.

I like how it seems to have even less gameplay than "1monopoly." Literally every event is "immigrants/foreigners/taxes happen, you lose X money" except for the FEMA camp one and the one where players pay taxes to you.

It takes a special kind of person to rip off Monopoly and make a worse game.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:aaa: He remembered to tell a joke!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

That's just some really execrable dialogue right there. That line in the middle panel is a crime against literature.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Here's some cartoons I was going to post before the site fizzled out there.

This IS rad as hell though :black101:

Yeah, she's getting hotter all right!

"Please note that we'll be the ones batting."

Stantis leaps out of nowhere, "Wait, I also want to look like an idiot!"

Our gun laws should be stricter. A refreshing opinion from Benson!

Oh god, even the corner mascot is verbose :stonk:

Let's murder Santa Claus.

I assume this is against guns since the dude has a nut on his shirt? Honestly I'm always get distracted by how much fun Death seems to be having.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Rorus Raz posted:

I assume this is against guns since the dude has a nut on his shirt? Honestly I'm always get distracted by how much fun Death seems to be having.

The dude is nuts and gun free zones are just a place for him to kill people. The comic is another "No these murderers are all mentally ill and if only there weren't all these gun free zones for them to go kill helpless/gunless people in"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Rorus Raz posted:

Here's some cartoons I was going to post before the site fizzled out there.

So the album is called "This is NOT a Well Regulated Militia" (which is a pretty cool album title), that I can read, but what the hell is the band name? That little scribble in the corner?

Do any of these guys know that the campus wasn't a gun free zone? Any of them?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rorus Raz posted:

You'd have to be crazy to shoot down the idea of gun-free zones.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Nice to see these again, he hadn't done one since Charlie Hebdo. Here's another on the Labour conference http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2015/sep/30/karl-marx-meets-beatrix-potter-steve-bell-draws-jeremy-corbyn-video

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Not really a fan of this one. Lacks bite.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

That's not Putin, and it ain't an F-25. Carlos, buddy, you just ain't in the right universe today.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I.... I love... Death...

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

WarpedNaba posted:

That's not Putin, and it ain't an F-25. Carlos, buddy, you just ain't in the right universe today.

What?
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/world/asia/obama-apologizes-for-bombing-of-afghanistan-hospital.html

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

This IS rad as hell though :black101:

Now this is what Die Hard should be all about.

"PEOPLE REFUSING TO DIE? NOT ON MY WATCH."

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'm aware of that, but the Russians have been bombing civilians like mad and I've yet to see Latuff get snarky about that.

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 9, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Rorus Raz posted:

Not really a fan of this one. Lacks bite.
Yeah, you'd think Latuff could make a really good cartoon given that the subject is "the US blew up a Doctors Without Borders Hospital", but he didn't give it any kick, and it's just kind of a boring cartoon. The linework/colors/caricatures are good like always, but otherwise it feels like one of the thread regulars could have made a cartoon similar to that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Super Obambad Racing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

OAquinas posted:

Not the worst summary of the clusterfuck that is Syria I've ever heard.
Perfect caricature of Putin too

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

and then they hosed

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It was actually bad to target an MSF hospital, IMO.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

There's a slight chance this might be Ukranian (since someone helped Muir with his Russian in the past) but given past precedent, chances are he just hosed up. "Bastraya" barely even sounds like the Russian word he's probably going for ("Быстро")

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm aware of that, but the Russians have been bombing civilians like mad and I've yet to see Latuff get snarky about that.

It's not fair! He made our guy look bad but not the other guy!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

KillerJunglist posted:

Do any of these guys know that the campus wasn't a gun free zone? Any of them?

Who cares about details like that when there's a threat to your power fantasy of "good guy with gun beats bad guy with gun"?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I'm reminded of the one comic about expressing military operations in terms of free rides to Harvard.

How many AGDQ/SGDQ marathons did we just drop on MSF? :smith:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Weird thing is that Horsey still was able to successfully resist his urge to draw tits in that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

It's not fair! He made our guy look bad but not the other guy!

... who happens to be worse. Much worse. So yeah, point still stands.

• Locked thread