Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He was good against Australia in 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Wales team announced: Warburton with Tipuric, Anscombe gets a first start as full back, North as a centre, and Cuthbert has yet another chance to finally come good again. I'm pretty good with this - at least we're going to properly have a go at the Australians, even if we lose in the end.

So excited.

JoeSchmoe
Jul 17, 2003

James and Lee to start as well which is good news for the front row I think.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I'm so happy that the last weekend turned out to be as completely nuts as it looked on paper :

Saturday 10 October
Samoa v Scotland (2.30pm)
Australia v Wales (4.45pm)

Sunday 11 October
France v Ireland (4.45pm)
United States v Japan (8pm)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
So, now that I've recovered from England's humiliation (I've had practice), who should I be supporting for the rest of the tournament?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Probably Japan since they'll defeat the USA and we'll lose to an 80th minute Samoan penalty.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Japan would be the obvious answer but they've probably only got one game left (unless Scotland do their thing).

Australia are just really good at the moment, which might be cheating.

Wales are mostly broken, so if you want to support an underdog then they're not a bad shout, especially because they have all of the inevitable impending heartbreak that being an England fan in any sport requires. I might be biased on this one though.

Other than that, maybe Argentina or Ireland? Ireland could do better than they've ever done before, and Argentina just look pretty good.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

tarbrush posted:

So, now that I've recovered from England's humiliation (I've had practice), who should I be supporting for the rest of the tournament?

Go back in your family tree and find the first connection to Wales/Ireland/Scotland/whatever and claim that you always supported them from the start

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Ireland

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Definitely Ireland

Tragic Peculiar
May 22, 2008

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Go back in your family tree and find the first connection to Wales/Ireland/Scotland/whatever and claim that you always supported them from the start

Surely nobody who has even a single great-great grandparent from any other country supports England anyway? Nothing like a game of rugby for bringing out the dormant Welsh genes...

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Tragic Peculiar posted:

Surely nobody who has even a single great-great grandparent from any other country supports England anyway? Nothing like a game of rugby for bringing out the dormant Welsh genes...

Exactly only the purest of the pure English support England, if you had any other option you'd have to take it.

Because everyone hates England. Every other country might have rivals, or traditional foes, or grudge matches, but there isn't a single rugby playing country that doesn't feel the secret joyful glee of pounding England into the dirt.

"That's for 50/100/150/200/250/300 years ago you pricks."

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Absolutely terrified Scotland are going to Scotland and lose.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

WMain00 posted:

Absolutely terrified Scotland are going to Scotland and lose.

I was confident earlier in the week but more and more doubt creeps in the closer the match gets.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Scotland would have to Scotland pretty hard.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

goatface posted:

Nobody Scotlands quite like Scotland though...

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

goatface posted:

Oh hey there, are you new to rugby?

;)

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
What if Samoa Japans?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, I don't know if Samoa are Japan enough to Japan, and Scotland certainly aren't South Africa enough.

I think it will come down to Scotland having three soft-skulled backs knocked out in the first 20 minutes.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

goatface posted:

Hmm, I don't know if Samoa are Japan enough to Japan, and Scotland certainly aren't South Africa enough.

I think it will come down to Scotland having three soft-skulled backs knocked out in the first 20 minutes.

I just want Samoa to Japan Scotland so that when USA inevitably USA against Japan it won't feel so bad because at least the other team's fans can be happy. Also because it's good for the sport to attract more publicity in Asia.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

hooman posted:

"That's for 50/100/150/200/250/300 years ago you pricks."

800 :colbert:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Are they gonna war dance at each other or in turns? 'Cos the first one would rule.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

goatface posted:

I think it will come down to Scotland having three soft-skulled backs knocked out sent off in the first 20 minutes.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Tonga are really looking for a scalp here. Glory lasts forever, guys. :patriot:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All Blacks still ain't quite there. Maybe that loss really did unsettle them more than they'd like to admit.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
The groundskeepers must be crying, look at how torn up the ground is after the scrums.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress 'em. They should have prepared a more suitable surface.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
For close on two metric tons of angry rugby?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They knew what was coming.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Can Tonga Japan tonight?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

goatface posted:

They knew what was coming.

You all saw it, they had a scrum.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Tonga are not loving about tonight.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've got bodies to spare. No need to worry about taking injuries into the next game, they can just go balls out, kill a dude, maybe score a few points along the way and make the All Blacks remember them.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Vaders Jester posted:

Tonga are not loving about tonight.

And they wear red and white, like Japan.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol, yikessss

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
That was extremely lucky.

JoeSchmoe
Jul 17, 2003

All blacks still have some Teflon finger issues.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So are there people calling for ritual suicides in New Zealand yet? I mean, they're going through top of their group, but there's been so many silly handling errors.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Stop activating Beast Mode, NZ, you big poopyheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

goatface posted:

So are there people calling for ritual suicides in New Zealand yet? I mean, they're going through top of their group, but there's been so many silly handling errors.

Yeah bro, it's a regular Jonestown down here.