Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The moon landings were clearly fake. Everyone knows that the moon is a hologram created by Jews to control the Islamic calendar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

VitalSigns posted:

At least 9/11 truthers believe that the twin towers actually did get destroyed.

I vaguely recall there being a "holographic tower theory" but Google isn't giving me anything and it might have just been someone mocking the "holographic plane theory".

God typing the word "theory" there hurts so much.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
It was from a few pages back but I was blown away that a Freeper knew who the Tutsi and Hutu were.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

c0ldfuse posted:

It was from a few pages back but I was blown away that a Freeper knew who the Tutsi and Hutu were.

Their only understanding of the Rwandan genocide likely comes from the Don Cheadle movie.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Having an encyclopedic knowledge of black on black violence and racism practiced by people who aren't white isn't something I'd be surprised by a Freeper knowing.

Even if the encyclopedia in question is Metapedia :v:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

The moon landings were clearly fake. Everyone knows that the moon is a hologram created by Jews to control the Islamic calendar.

The Jewish calendar is lunar too, how deep does this conspiracy go :tinfoil:

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

c0ldfuse posted:

Except he called them Tuttis and Huttis so he still hosed up.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

VitalSigns posted:

At least 9/11 truthers believe that the twin towers actually did get destroyed.
If I don't die, in 35 years I will reread this post and weep.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

The Larch posted:

I vaguely recall there being a "holographic tower theory" but Google isn't giving me anything and it might have just been someone mocking the "holographic plane theory".

God typing the word "theory" there hurts so much.

Shbobdb posted:

Personally, I'm a big believer in the "No Towers" theory. The Twin Towers never existed. Sure, there are photographs but those can be doctored. Testimonies can be faked.

With the psychotropic drugs even memories can be altered.

Also a joke, but similar.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The 911 equivalent was "there were no crashed planes, it were missiles".

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

c0ldfuse posted:

I've seen it come up a couple of times in various "Race War is imminent!" threads where they try to liken the current racial climate in America as being exactly the same as it was in pre-genocide Rwanda with an extemist faction trying to inflame racial tension and and start a genocidal race war.

Naturally they always portray whites as the Tutsis...

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

I've seen it come up a couple of times in various "Race War is imminent!" threads where they try to liken the current racial climate in America as being exactly the same as it was in pre-genocide Rwanda with an extemist faction trying to inflame racial tension and and start a genocidal race war.

Naturally they always portray whites as the Tutsis...

These narratives also conveniently ignore the role that white colonialism played in created the Hutu/Tutsi divide and setting up the conditions for the genocide (mostly the Belgians, who went so far as to legally disenfranchise certain ethnic groups and then put peoples' ethnicity on their national ID cards so they could never pass as any other group).

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Religion was the opiate of the masses until Purdue Pharma won the contract.

I just wanted to say that I really appreciated this post.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Whiz Palace posted:

Except he called them Tuttis and Huttis so he still hosed up.
I have a feeling this wasn't a mistake.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

c0ldfuse posted:

It's pretty recent history to most Freepers.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
Well, the Raiders of the Tortilla Coast just croaked McCarthy. Can't wait to see Freep's jubilation at that one.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Nessus posted:

They were figuring they'd kick in the door and the whole rotten house would have come down, and if they'd actually been anti-Bolshevik liberators like they liked to claim, it - well, might not have worked, exactly, but it would have worked better than they did.

US aid to the Soviets was a really big help but our trucks, gas, and phone cable probably did a lot more than any weapons we gave them. I gather they actually started asking the US to stop sending weapons because we were giving them garbage we didn't want, and their own gear (other than trucks, since all the truck factories were making tanks) was better.

So Hitler thought they'd be greeted as liberators? Actually, that might have worked with some non-Russian territories like Ukraine, but their insane racial theories led to them being even worse rulers than the Soviets.

The "no towers" theory reminds me of the Onion article confessing that "Ancient Greece" was a hoax created by History professors and students in 1971. http://www.theonion.com/article/historians-admit-to-inventing-ancient-greeks-18209

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
They're just dancing in their rascals.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Jurgan posted:

So Hitler thought they'd be greeted as liberators? Actually, that might have worked with some non-Russian territories like Ukraine, but their insane racial theories led to them being even worse rulers than the Soviets.

Part of that was all for internal consumption as well, but it was also partly the belief that Bolshevism was inherently such a flawed, bankrupt system that after a couple of defeats at the hands of the Wehrmacht, the Russian Army would be faced with so many mass defections and mutinies that effective resistance would end. This was partly racism and partly anti-communist ideology, but in fairness to the Nazis (:laffo:) this idea wasn't completely loving insane, just mostly loving insane, because they had just beaten the gently caress out of France - widely considered the best army in the world at the time - in a few weeks, whilst on the other hand the USSR had barely beaten Finland, of all places, in the Winter War.

They also really were greeted as liberators a lot of the time, because a lot of people in the USSR but outside Russia's borders really goddamn hated the Soviets, and they did make use of it when their racial ideology permitted it. Part of my ancestry is Estonian, and when the Red Army was rolling back into the Baltic in '44, my family fled with the Nazis, which was probably wise given that some uncle or something was one of the top people in the puppet government. Had they done the same in Ukraine, or at least managed to delay the racism for long enough to make use of the population, they could have profited tremendously.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Badera posted:

Well, the Raiders of the Tortilla Coast just croaked McCarthy. Can't wait to see Freep's jubilation at that one.

In trying to parse what this statement means, I saw one representative say they might have to form a "bipartisan coalition" with Democrats to elect a Speaker so they don't have to appease the wingnuts in their party.

The Republican House is so fractured right now they can't even elect a speaker. This is hilarious.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Can someone please explain why this is a good thing to Freepers? I thought they wanted a Tortilla Coast Tea Party nutcase like McCarthy.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can someone please explain why this is a good thing to Freepers? I thought they wanted a Tortilla Coast Tea Party nutcase like McCarthy.

They'd need someone insanely right wing to be satisfied. Trey Gowdy would be an option, since he heads the Benghazi committee.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Elephant Ambush posted:

They want only True Believers to be in charge. Except that means gently caress all.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The only people far right enough for Freepers are totally unelectable or are con-artists so there's no actual politician that can please them.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elephant Ambush posted:

No one is actually pure enough for Freepers as they desire multiple contradictory positions and despise compromise. This also makes having an ideologue for them impossible.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jurgan posted:

As Mister Adequate points out, in the Baltic states they genuinely were greeted that way, with reciprocity as Nazi racial theory held that the Baltics were largely populated by Germanic peoples (not without some justification, for once). It's no accident that those regions were among the quickest to end up Judenrein.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jurgan posted:

The "no towers" theory reminds me of the Onion article confessing that "Ancient Greece" was a hoax created by History professors and students in 1971. http://www.theonion.com/article/historians-admit-to-inventing-ancient-greeks-18209

In many places in Russia the Nazis were initially greeted with wary enthusiasm because it meant freedom from red terror. Unfortunately, they lived in Russia so there are no happy endings and the Nazis were even worse.

On McCarthy's announcement, there isn't too much going on. FReep is convinced that it's some dirty trick by John Boehner to keep the Speaker's chair indefinitely or something. They seem to think that the House Freedom Caucus is a bloc that controls 2/3rds of the GOP caucus and is somehow thwarted by unnamed elites. Right now they want to bring a motion to the floor to declare the Speaker's chair vacant, but that'll happen when hell freezes over.

quote:

To: Sgt_Schultze
Yup, pull Mark Meadow’s trigger. A little discussed, but very important sub theme here is filing deadlines for primary challengers. If stealth RINOs are forced to vote for GOPe now their cover will be broken in time to run alternatives. If they can stall a we bit longer they’re home free this go around and can hope we’ll forget by ‘18. From the way this is going down there are obviously a lot more stealth RINOs than true Conservatives in the House, but relatively few who think they can be re-elected as open RINOs.

21 posted on 10/8/2015, 1:36:46 PM by JohnBovenmyer (Obama been Liberal. Hope Change)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

McCarthy was largely seen as a moderate :freep:

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
Whenever Freep catches up to this story, I'm excited to see their reactions.

quote:

On Wednesday, Carson told SiriusXM radio host Karen Hunter that he had been held at gunpoint before. But in his telling, he did not react as he said he would, and he definitely did not attack the gunman:

"I have had a gun held on me when I was in a Popeyes [in Baltimore]. … A guy comes in, puts the gun in my ribs, and I just said, "I believe that you want the guy behind the counter." … He said, "Oh, okay."

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

that quote is bad because it misses that he referred to it as "a popeye's organization" which is just a wonderful way to say that

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Breaking: John Boehner has agreed to stay on as Speaker

Just when you think you're out they pull you back in. :boehner:

quote:

Comment #1 Removed by Moderator
(Wow, it's not often you see the OP get moderated, I'm kind of impressed.)

quote:

To: VictoryGal

Time to vote him out.

2 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:27:41 PM by proust (If Obama was accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict him?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

There are “republicans” that I despise more than some ‘rats.

Boner is one of those.

6 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:28:40 PM by Nervous Tick (There is no "allah" but satan, and mohammed was his demon-possessed tool.)

:frogout:

quote:

Vacate

7 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:28:46 PM by Vince Ferrer

quote:

@#$%^&*!

But, seriously, WHO didn’t see this one coming?

Down Fifth Avenue. Naked. Leading a Clown Parade.

We’re So Screwed.

8 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:29:04 PM by Diana in Wisconsin (I don't have 'Hobbies.' I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set...)

quote:

Boner could have called for a vote today with Chaffetz and Webster running, but since there is a chance for conservative leadership with those two he quashed it.

The alcohol-saturated, uncontrollably weepy Cheeto will not leave until he cements another liberal establishment squish in his place. Bought and paid for, he is.

13 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:32:45 PM by LostInBayport (When there are more people riding in the cart than there are pulling it, the cart stops moving...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: 100American

It’s the 218 votes that’s hurting conservatives. It’s a civil war and Boehner, like the governor in The Walking Dead, is telling all who will listen that they have to please the left or lose. And like the governor, his only objectives are personal and political power.

Dave Brat for Speaker, a fresh face!

15 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:33:27 PM by Kenny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Revolution is Coming!

quote:

To: proust

Absolutely.

I feel a revolt/uprising in the near future.

Washington, you better disarm those peasants fast.

17 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:34:21 PM by jimjohn (You don't get the kind of government you want, or the kind you need. You get the kind you deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

The EXEMPT Orange Liar lies like Obama, his King.

The GOP is a curse on America like their Moslem Tyrant.

19 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:35:05 PM by Diogenesis ("When a crime is unpunished, the world is unbalanced.")

quote:

So, the plan was that Boehner would quit, McCarthy would take his place and perform the same.

However, McCarthy couldn’t face the music (about the adultery) so, he quit.

So, it’s back to Boehner.

How come they can’t find some ghosts in Boehner’s closet ?

27 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:42:15 PM by UCANSEE2 (Lost my tagline on Flight MH370. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

quote:

I wonder what “they” have on him?

36 posted on 10/8/2015, 6:52:25 PM by cardinal4 (Certified Islamophobe and Microaggressor..)

quote:

Time to place the severed head of a horse in his bed - then maybe he’ll get the message.

40 posted on 10/8/2015, 7:03:41 PM by WTFOVR (I find myself exclaiming that expression quite often these days!)

quote:

To: EternalVigilance

But this is right down there among the most disgusting things I’ve ever witnessed.

I have a feeling we ain't seen nothin' yet.

This "bipartisan" thing shocked the hell out of me.

42 posted on 10/8/2015, 7:09:01 PM by OldSmaj (obama is a worthless mohametan. Impeach his rear end now!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

To: OldSmaj

Americans have absolutely no idea what is about to happen to us all, considering most of the population refuses to understand we lost the Republic in a velvet IslamoMarxist/Fascist coup.

We went worse than Soviet - and we have a fatal case of Normalcy Bias,even when events like this are paraded right in our faces.

We already suffer a tyranny we are grown comfortable with - and we deceive ourselves thinking elections and civil means are going to loosen the noose we have around our necks.

Perhaps we all deserve what is about to happen next.

46 posted on 10/8/2015, 7:17:34 PM by INVAR ("Fart for liberty, fart for freedom and fart proudly!" - Benjamin Franklin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

quote:

To: OldSmaj

Americans have absolutely no idea what is about to happen to us all, considering most of the population refuses to understand we lost the Republic in a velvet IslamoMarxist/Fascist coup.

We went worse than Soviet - and we have a fatal case of Normalcy Bias,even when events like this are paraded right in our faces.

We already suffer a tyranny we are grown comfortable with - and we deceive ourselves thinking elections and civil means are going to loosen the noose we have around our necks.

Perhaps we all deserve what is about to happen next.

46 posted on 10/8/2015, 7:17:34 PM by INVAR ("Fart for liberty, fart for freedom and fart proudly!" - Benjamin Franklin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

What does this person see when they look at reality? "Worse" than Soviet, which I presume to Freep means "left of the Soviet Union"....I mean....just....what? This goes beyond ridiculous hyperbole into dementia.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OldSmaj posted:

This "bipartisan" thing shocked the hell out of me.

Man seriously, the idea of political parties working together? On issues of broad consensus? Or being forced to because the other party has a veto you don't have the numbers to overturn? loving shocking, I tell you what.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Adequate posted:

Man seriously, the idea of political parties working together? On issues of broad consensus? Or being forced to because the other party has a veto you don't have the numbers to overturn? loving shocking, I tell you what.

It is indeed pretty sad that normal legislative processes working as intended is shocking these days, but here we are.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

The Rokstar posted:

It is indeed pretty sad that normal legislative processes working as intended is shocking these days, but here we are.

To be fair we get pretty upset when bipartisanship requires pretending that intelligent design and other nonsense are legitimate view points worthy of debate. It's just freepers coming from the rear end end of a proper idea as usual

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Freepers : beyond ridiculous hyperbole into dementia

But that's why we love them :v:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I am telling you all now there is a spiritual side to Vlad and he takes no prisoners, to me he is doing more for God shielding Israel more than our entire congress at the moment!

I saw him giving an interview in Russian to the media and he referred to Obama as a Puts...

Interesting as this is Yiddish, not Hebrew and if you understand that language its purpose is not communication without a purpose, I love it and find it fascinating and hysterically funny when is explained hat is really going on.

Yiddish is not something I would think a Russian Leader would be using but he did...

Is thee some secret Jewish family in his past, I would not be surprised and boy would that throw anew wrinkle into things...

Vlad with a soft spot for Jews and knowledge of what happens at the end of times, want to be on the right side of things when your name is called

6 posted on 10/9/2015, 8:35:30 AM by 100American (Knowledge is knowing how, Wisdom is knowing when)
:a2m:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Illinois Medical Marijuana Applicants Trending Female, Older

Pre-2008 American society: famous for facing problems head-on and stone-cold sober.

Because we yearn for the good old days when everyone smoked tobacco and got various cancers instead!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

This is reads like a cryptojewish conspiracy theory but with a happier ending: Putin is sending subtle jew-signals that he is a Jewish sympathizer or possibly Jewish himself and that's why he's great! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Bohner was apparently so happy at being rid of having to deal with his caucus, he was literally singing "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" as he went to resign.

But no, it was all a big con because he desperately wants to cling to power.

The power of Freep disconnect never ceases to amaze.

It's like their weird delusion that Obama is constantly, visibly seething with suppressed rage. A man so notoriously calm and even-tempered that it inspired "Luthor - The Presidential Anger Translator" as a running joke.

• Locked thread