Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

He really does. It's like he just wants to see people beat the poo poo out of each other.

And make money doing it! Also whatever his motives are with Lotus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

Bischoff was a great authority figure on Raw. He pandered to the heels, but there came a time where even he got sick of Evolution's poo poo. That son of a bitch is great as an on screen persona.

Yeah, Bischoff was one of the most consistently well written characters they had. Because he's an rear end in a top hat, he favors heels like himself, but if those people gently caress with his position and his ability to wield power and make money, he'll gently caress with them just as quick as he'll gently caress with a face.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

projecthalaxy posted:

Commissioner Foley was great.

Commissioner Regal and Tajiri

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dario Cueto does the "best for business" schtick so much better than HHH and Steph.

:agreed: Like how he presented the Gift of the Gods saying "I'm a promoter, so it's not just cash-in at any time, you need to give me one week to promote the match."

I never said The Authority were good at what they do, it's just not difficult to understand their alignment with respect to the rest of the roster.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is by no means a defense of her current character, but it's hard to think that like, last year (just around Mania, especially), Steph was a legitimate choice for Best Non-Wrestler.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Dario is the best of all time because he's a Spaniard with a title belt made out of Aztec gold and YOU CAN'T TEACH THAT

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

And make money doing it! Also whatever his motives are with Lotus.

sometimes you have to clean the playing field a little.

but yeah, framing The Authority as a purely heel setup doesn't work because the traditional concepts don't match up. Which begs the question, why are they there? If you have this omnipresence that can squash anything whenever they please and they do it arbitrarily, its not fun to watch.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

Commissioner Foley was great.

Foley was entertaining but I found his Commissioning suspect at best. He would totally screw over heels all the time, it was annoying.

I guess they were trying to balance out the Fac-gime days and overcompensated.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I think he only did it when the heels were trying to weasel their way into or out of something.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oldpainless posted:

I think he only did it when the heels were trying to weasel their way into or out of something.

Yeah it was just so wishy washy. Like he'd come out to back up The Rock when he was getting screwed over, but Lita could interfere in every Hardy Boyz match and it would never be an issue.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think a great authority figure would work like this: they'd approach heels and tell them that tonight on Smackdown, they're going to go one-on-one with THE UNDERTAKER

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think a great authority figure would work like this: they'd approach heels and tell them that tonight on Smackdown, they're going to go one-on-one with THE UNDERTAKER

gently caress that. A true authority figure would give us tag team action in the main event, playa.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

More matches should be booked via one wrestler confronting another, usually after a match, and engaging in competitive posing or possibly delivering a German suplex.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

This is by no means a defense of her current character, but it's hard to think that like, last year (just around Mania, especially), Steph was a legitimate choice for Best Non-Wrestler.

She was so great last year, and has been so unentertaining this year. It's kind of sad, because she was such a hateabe heel.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I think it's cool the only person who got any form of payback is Vickie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Surely Cena's gotten over on her before, no?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
During the Raw after Wrestlemania, I realized Steph's problem. She totally lacks any willingness to sell + theatricality.

If Attitude Era Vince had been put in an arm bar by a famous MMA guy, he would have come out on Raw in a full arm cast, wailing about lawsuits. Steph didn't even take the night off.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

During the Raw after Wrestlemania, I realized Steph's problem. She totally lacks any willingness to sell + theatricality.

If Attitude Era Vince had been put in an arm bar by a famous MMA guy, he would have come out on Raw in a full arm cast, wailing about lawsuits. Steph didn't even take the night off.

Eh, they did have Steph escape before it was really locked in, but I think a promo from Steph about how close she was to being hurt and how she would have sued Ronda Rousey et al for everything they had would have been great, and instead it was just derp derp this is my playground.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NXT's very afraid of a devastating viewership hit from TNA.

quote:

Brucey Bruce • a few seconds ago
I have a theory on why NXT was following TNA on Twitter. It has to do with whether TNA was going live today or not. Long story short: NXT asking TNA if they were going live especially since they had a PPV on Sunday and they didn't want to cross paths in both shows going live at the same time so if TNA was going live, my guess is NXT would've moved Takeover (Respect) to next week rather having it tonight.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

flashy_mcflash posted:

Because NXT are so scared that TNA will overshadow the first ever major WWE show headlined by a womens title match.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sure that WWE need to discuss via Twitter when and where TNA are going to be live.

As opposed to, you know, just reading their websites or whatever.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The idea that anyone could actually believe that WWE needs to follow TNA's twitter to learn their SEKRETZ is... amazing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What do you think about Gail Kim, Nom?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is so dumb on so many levels

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I just wanted a thread to post this guy's pages long Noelle Foley fantasy booking:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3nwkwe/showerthought_if_noelle_foley_ever_steps_into_the

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

I just wanted a thread to post this guy's pages long Noelle Foley fantasy booking:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3nwkwe/showerthought_if_noelle_foley_ever_steps_into_the

This is a pro click, thank you

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Good God A'mighty.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Blast Fantasto posted:

this dude was definitely cranking it in the shower while thinking all this stupid poo poo up

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sanguinia posted:

The idea that anyone could actually believe that WWE needs to follow TNA's twitter to learn their SEKRETZ is... amazing.

They are just cc on Dixie's emails.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

such groundbreaking, never before seen booking ideas such as "women are crazy" and "rip off the joker".

he should at least post original masturbation fantasies.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

WeaponX posted:

such groundbreaking, never before seen booking ideas such as "women are crazy" and "rip off the joker".

he should at least post original masturbation fantasies.

"So Noelle cones out, and she's painted like the joker, right? She gets on the mic and screams for Paige to show up and get what's comin to her. Paige's music hits, and they are having a stare off. And then...all their clothes fall off. They try to cover up, but its too late...I've seen everything."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

haunted bong posted:

"So Noelle cones out, and she's painted like the joker, right? She gets on the mic and screams for Paige to show up and get what's comin to her. Paige's music hits, and they are having a stare off. And then...all their clothes fall off. They try to cover up, but its too late...I've seen everything."

:golfclap:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Now do one for Mick.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

This probably IS Mick's

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

if it was Mick's Melina would've shown up on page 1 to wash his feet with her hair and beg him to return to WWE

all this would happen in the first hour of RAW

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aurain posted:

Now do one for Mick.

"So Mick cones out, and he's painted like the joker, right? He gets on the mic and screams for Viscera to show up and get what's comin to him. Viscera's music hits, and they are having a stare off. And then...all their clothes fall off. They try to cover up, but its too late...I've seen everything."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

Make her a manager for someone who can already talk just fine on his own. Brilliant!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The mind boggles.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

ShootaBoy posted:

The mind boggles.

I know. Robert Rodriguez, magnificent? Sheesh!

I joke, he's talented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Well he used to be.