Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Geoff Zahn posted:

Looks like Spacelab9 is now working on a Fallout 3 vinyl :eyepop:

Score or old timey songs? This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Ballz posted:

Hopefully the latter. I'd buy that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Are Ink Spots pressings hard to find or something?

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Hopefully the latter. I'd buy that.

Go to any local goodwill, enjoy massive 6-8 disc time/life collections full of the stuff for about $4-6 a set.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
no it has to say fallout on it

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Go to any local goodwill, enjoy massive 6-8 disc time/life collections full of the stuff for about $4-6 a set.

Oh I have some. It just would be cool to have the soundtrack because it's particularly well put together.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Narrated by Three Dog.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

stay depressed posted:

no it has to say fallout on it

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Ballz posted:

I'm almost positive that it's the score. It's also something like 4 or 5 discs.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Imagine listening to five excruciating discs of fallout 3 incidental music

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

A human heart posted:

Imagine listening to five excruciating discs of fallout 3 incidental music

Imagine having to have a conversation with someone who buys video game soundtracks.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Imagine having to have a conversation with someone who buys video game soundtracks.

Record store day had a Batman The Animated Series record with like 3 tracks on it that sold for 50 bucks. Imagine talking to those guys. It sold out at my friends record store

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Record store day had a Batman The Animated Series record with like 3 tracks on it that sold for 50 bucks. Imagine talking to those guys. It sold out at my friends record store

I would actually buy a single or an EP with music from that show if it was priced the way an EP or single should be priced. Basically, gently caress Mondo.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

The "Machinarium" soundtrack is great and available on vinyl everyone buy it. Edit: sold out at the record label for now though (http://store.minorityrecords.com/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDvawzJ3s8

shmee fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 9, 2015

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

CPL593H posted:

In a world where Fallout 3 and New Vegas didn't exist, I'd agree with you 100%, but the soundtracks to those games are a million times better than any other game I've ever played.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Monday_ posted:

In a world where Fallout 3 and New Vegas didn't exist, I'd agree with you 100%, but the soundtracks to those games are a million times better than any other game I've ever played.

A million times zero is still zero.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I just don't understand getting that excited about a compilation album. Unless it has songs written specifically for the movie/game/whatever that can't be found on a real album.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Are you ever like "This album's a classic, I love this record and I cherish it's personal significance and I can't wait for it to be passed down through historied generations to my children and my children's children." and then you sell it for $200 on Discogs?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Boinks posted:

I just don't understand getting that excited about a compilation album. Unless it has songs written specifically for the movie/game/whatever that can't be found on a real album.

The answer is :spergin:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
If it was priced well a compilation could be better than buying the albums separately. I'd rather pay $30 or so for all the songs that played on Galaxy News Network in FO3 instead of trying to track down every one of the albums and most likely have to pay shipping costs for them on top of it. I'm also running out of storage space so 1 record vs 10 or so is much better.

I paid $80 a year ago for the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack so really I'm just bad with money

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Geoff Zahn posted:

If it was priced well a compilation could be better than buying the albums separately. I'd rather pay $30 or so for all the songs that played on Galaxy News Network in FO3 instead of trying to track down every one of the albums and most likely have to pay shipping costs for them on top of it. I'm also running out of storage space so 1 record vs 10 or so is much better.

I also paid $80 a year ago for the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack so really I'm just bad with money

On the other hand if you like music, you'd also get all the other tracks on the original albums (unless you go for singles).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

if you like music

Oops I forgot this was the vinyl thread. Forget I said anything and carry on.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Boinks posted:

I just don't understand getting that excited about a compilation album.

Uhhhh are you 100% sure you want to stand behind this inane generalisation

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

On the other hand if you like music, you'd also get all the other tracks on the original albums (unless you go for singles).

I do love me some 40s/50s music so having all the albums would be a plus, but overall I can still see the logic behind why some people would sometimes just rather have a compilation.

I can't imagine I'll go for that boxed set after all, I listened to the score on youtube and wasn't too impressed. If it had been a single with the main theme on one side and I Don't Want to Set the World On Fire on the b-side I'd be all over that poo poo.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Ras Het posted:

Uhhhh are you 100% sure you want to stand behind this inane generalisation

Yeah I suppose you're right. It's just a personal preference.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

On a practical note I don't really buy compilations anymore because it's hard to find the right one when I want to hear a particular track and I remember the artist but not which record it's on :shrug:

e: Of course some tracks are only available on compilations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Jerry Cotton posted:

Depending on how much of a completionist you are, some of those songs from Fallout 3 (and even moreso in the case of New Vegas) can be tough to track down. The Ink Spots are fairly easy to find, but you might have to dig through piles of Goodwill shellacs for several others.

And of course, that entirely discounts the notion of easily listening to just the Fallout songs back to back.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
The Vinyl Thread - movie soundtracks are OUT, video game soundtracks IN

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ballz posted:

Depending on how much of a completionist you are, some of those songs from Fallout 3 (and even moreso in the case of New Vegas) can be tough to track down. The Ink Spots are fairly easy to find, but you might have to dig through piles of Goodwill shellacs for several others.

And of course, that entirely discounts the notion of easily listening to just the Fallout songs back to back.

I just put Big Iron on repeat for the entire day.

e: I know but I don't care :cheeky:

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The only video game soundtrack I own on vinyl or at all for that matter is Red Dead Redemption. It owns.

Darthemed posted:

Dig the Trees album, that was the first of theirs I heard and it convinced me to track down the other two. Please share your thoughts on the Pilgrim once you've listened to it a few times, I keep wavering about whether I like my copy enough to justify hanging onto it.

Alright, so I've given the Pilgrim album some more listening time. I like it a lot, but, and I had this conversation with my buddy when we were driving home from seeing them a few weeks back, I can understand somebody finding them kinda boring. I think it's a pretty good slow jam if that's you're thing. I know this answer is basically saying it's up to you, but I can't really say one way or another.

Okay, one new one this week.

Lychgate - An Antidote for the Glass Pill. I wanted to get this when Blood Music had it, but I kept putting it off until I finally went to buy it and, of course, it was sold out. I was perusing the Dark Descent site a short time ago for their sale, and what do I find, but this album, and even cheaper than on the the Blood Music site.

It's black metal with church organ, two great tastes that taste great together.

A golden oldie in the making.

Also, I asked in the order requests box on Paypal for them to write "gently caress Tim McGraw" on a piece of paper and throw it in, mostly to see if they'd do it (and also because gently caress Tim McGraw). Forgot about it and was delighted upon seeing it when I opened the package.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 9, 2015

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Detective Thompson posted:

Also, I asked in the order requests box on Paypal for them to write "gently caress Tim McGraw" on a piece of paper and throw it in, mostly to see if they'd do it (and also because gently caress Tim McGraw). Forgot about it and was delighted upon seeing it when I opened the package.

This rules.

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

I like that they put it in quotations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

More info on that Fallout 3 set.

I love me some Fallout but... meh.

Edit:

Jerry Cotton posted:

I just put Big Iron on repeat for the entire day.

e: I know but I don't care :cheeky:

Seek out Marty Robbins' "Gunfighter Ballads And Trail Songs" and his follow-up "More Gunfighter Ballads And Trail Songs." Basically just two albums of nothing but Big Iron.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 11, 2015

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Ballz posted:

More info on that Fallout 3 set.

I love me some Fallout but... meh.

So it's just the background music, not the songs from Galaxy News Radio?

I'll pass.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Ballz posted:

Seek out Marty Robbins' "Gunfighter Ballads And Trail Songs" and his follow-up "More Gunfighter Ballads And Trail Songs." Basically just two albums of nothing but Big Iron.
Don't forget Return of the Gunfighter! All with awesome covers :clint:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I have the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack because I am human garbage. I also ordered the Battletoads and Banjo Kazooie soundtracks. Also I own the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack!

Kill me.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Stan Taylor posted:

I have the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack because I am human garbage. I also ordered the Battletoads and Banjo Kazooie soundtracks. Also I own the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack!

Kill me.

Are you embarrassed you bought that stuff?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

BigFactory posted:

Are you embarrassed you bought that stuff?

No, I think it's cool.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Stan Taylor posted:

No, I think it's cool.

Then why the histrionics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:justpost: