Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

haveblue posted:

uh what? doesn't the capra demon drop the key to the door just down the stairs from him that leads to the depths, a way easier area?

yeah the game is immediately nudging you to go down, but the fact is that reah and the other priests show up in the shrine right after the goat keels over. considering how the rest of the catacombs is pretty simple business as long as you have something holy on your hands (not to mention the modest loot), i think the greater plan was that the player would kill capra and then go straight to firelink shrine

you probably were supposed to go back home (either through demon's souls boss teleporting or the downtown being a dead end with no depths access yet), notice the new people and tool around a bit before getting the notion to follow them down to skeleton city, because hell yeah I can match at least those chumps

it's a game pacing crimp that didn't get ironed flat is what i'm getting at

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Yeah I've never figured out a good time you're "supposed" to go to the catacombs. you can get the divine ember really early but the earliest you can get green titanite shards is 1) the depths or 2) lower blighttown or 3) a corpse in the catacombs, but it's clearly meant for you to give to vamos, and you'll have cleared past a bunch of necromancers anyway

and if you've beaten the kappa demon & poked into the depths you should have the large ember as well, so pinwheel will be a mega pushover. so I guess you were actually intended to go through the catacombs with a regular weapon, killing necromancers as you go, that'd explain why the first one is right next to a bonfire maybe. divine weapons would be more of a fallback if you find that too difficult

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Silver Alicorn posted:

Yeah I've never figured out a good time you're "supposed" to go to the catacombs. you can get the divine ember really early but the earliest you can get green titanite shards is 1) the depths or 2) lower blighttown or 3) a corpse in the catacombs, but it's clearly meant for you to give to vamos, and you'll have cleared past a bunch of necromancers anyway

and if you've beaten the kappa demon & poked into the depths you should have the large ember as well, so pinwheel will be a mega pushover. so I guess you were actually intended to go through the catacombs with a regular weapon, killing necromancers as you go, that'd explain why the first one is right next to a bonfire maybe. divine weapons would be more of a fallback if you find that too difficult

pinwheel is just way too easy compared to the rest of the catacombs. the rest of the area is a fairly difficult slog with traps and puzzles and goddamn bonewheels and then you hit the boss and he dies in like four hits, max. if the catacombs were easier pinwheel would feel right at home and it would be an early game area, or if pinwheel was harder it could make a solid midgame level

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
yeah i always thought the intended method was to kill the necromancers, making the area a bit of a gauntlet where you cant just stand around loitering you gotta move move move and the holy weapon thing was less of a "this is how you SHOULD do it" thing and more of a "ho ho, you found my weakness, you clever rapscallion" thing

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

pinwheel is a funny joke as the next area made me literally quit the game and ive never been back

sucks cause i love the design of nito

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

pinwheel is a funny joke as the next area made me literally quit the game and ive never been back

you have to leave Yospos now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i still ride the hard long dick of from software

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

as well you should

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Squeezy Farm posted:

you have to leave Yospos now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

all this promise of grouping with yosgoons in destiny and NOTHING (primarily my fault)

have you guys done the raid yet? its pretty easy - would love to chill and bust it out one night on one of my alts (geared up through repeat drops in that drat thing! (can use other class gear to infuse))

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

all this promise of grouping with yosgoons in destiny and NOTHING (primarily my fault)

have you guys done the raid yet? its pretty easy - would love to chill and bust it out one night on one of my alts (geared up through repeat drops in that drat thing! (can use other class gear to infuse))

i have not yet done the raid, no

wouldnt mind doing the nightfall tonight though

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i still need to get my level up in destiny :( i just got told about daisy chaining engrams the other day so it should go faster
ive been ~*~socializing~*~ in ffxiv though and thats been good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have to raid with my irl bros tonight, might be able to 'pos it up sunday

still sucks that the vault and crota are not at all worthwhile to do any more, hopefully they resolve that somehow in the future

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 9, 2015

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i've never gotten into mmo raid components of games

i'm playing through borderlads right now and the raid bosses are popping up and i'm al 'eh'

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I keep forgetting there's a yospos psn group.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

brolands isnt a good medium for raid bosses
ive been going back and running the 24 man raids in ffxiv and they are so good

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i looked at my ps3 message inbox for the first time in about a year and uuuuuuh :pwn:

apparently i'm in the yosgroup

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

As a Millennial I posted:

i looked at my ps3 message inbox for the first time in about a year and uuuuuuh :pwn:

yospos bitch

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

As a Millennial I posted:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I keep forgetting there's a yospos psn group.

speaking of is there a setting somewhere so i can disable notifications for like people in the psn group joining a multiplayer group or whatever

had one show up the other day while watching a movie on netflix
i really don't care that your playing games, yospos

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

I join mumble just so I can mute people.

i've always been hassled to join mumble servers, thing is unless you're actively playing with the people, you have no reason to talk to them. no reason at all.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nitrocat posted:

i've always been hassled to join mumble servers, thing is unless you're actively playing with the people, you have no reason to talk to them. no reason at all.

i also recommend not interacting with other people, really fucks up your flow

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
oh my god battlefront is so loving bad how is EA still a profitable company

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Rexicon1 posted:

Marketing

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

the Star Wars prequels made a boatload of money

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

i also recommend not interacting with other people, really fucks up your flow

when playing league of legends or DOTA2 it's actually really fun. as long as you are not taking the game seriously. plus it helps communication in a team.

outside of that yes, communicating with others in single player games sounds dumb. if i wanted to talk to people while playing games i'd do an MMO or multiplayer.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Nitrocat posted:

when playing league of legends or DOTA2 it's actually really fun. as long as you are not taking the game seriously. plus it helps communication in a team.

outside of that yes, communicating with others in single player games sounds dumb. if i wanted to talk to people while playing games i'd do an MMO or multiplayer.

yeah but good luck finding people who dont take those games seriously

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Rexicon1 posted:

the broken dreams and hopes of the loyalty of their fandom.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
star wars is bad

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Space-Pope posted:

star wars is bad

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

First time was sheer cockiness. Second two of the shades caught me in their crossfire and drained p. Much all of my health almost instantly

I quit for the night after thay

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

Nitrocat posted:

the broken dreams and hopes of the loyalty of their fandom.

its gonna win all the goty's because of this

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Vintersorg posted:

One of the necromancers dropped a skull lantern so im covered :hellyeah:

Yeah i did like no damage to pinwheel and he could just chow down my health and im like level 60. Ive never run into this before. Does the Steamworks beta buff him up or smth?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

star wars is bad

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

doesn't help that I seem to have visited every area I wasn't supposed to be in yet first

Vintersorg posted:

cgs: 399 soldiers out of quarantine, Huey and Eli are oval office bros

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

duckfarts posted:

cgs: 399 soldiers out of quarantine, Huey and Eli are oval office bros

god drat your base got run over

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Panty Saluter posted:

One of the necromancers dropped a skull lantern so im covered :hellyeah:

Yeah i did like no damage to pinwheel and he could just chow down my health and im like level 60. Ive never run into this before. Does the Steamworks beta buff him up or smth?

gotta get dat sunlight maggot, also gotta save solaire

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Space-Pope posted:

star wars is bad

qed star wars is anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Space-Pope posted:

star wars is bad

• Locked thread