Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Maybe we'll find out why exactly Ysengrin loves Coyote, that's a mystery no one talks about. I don't think it's just Coyote being ~*Super-dreamy Senpai*~

This... shouldn't be much of a mystery? Coyote is powerful, and he's shared that power with Ysengrin while also making him feel completely helpless in comparison to and without Coyote.

There's only two ways that ends: slavish devotion or consuming hatred. And with Coyote's abilities, I imagine he can pick which one he gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 1, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Brightman posted:

So Ysengrin should kill him because he's clearly an alien parasite then right?

"Coyote wasn't real?"

"He's a real piece of poo poo."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OH NOOOOO NOT YOU TOO WOLFDAD!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Ysengrin just became honorary president of the "Tony Did Nothing Wrong" club.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Look, Annie, when you put it that way nobody is going to really sympathize with you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Ysengrin is disappointed that she got caught, and didn't incinerate all evidence and witnesses.

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
No YOU shut the gently caress up TreeWolf Dad

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inglonias posted:

I never thought of Ysengrin as being so big before
He's treemendous

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont worry. His bark is worse than his bite.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Wolfdad: "Maybe I was wrong about this Anthony Carver fellow. He sounds very reasonable. "

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

GlyphGryph posted:

This... shouldn't be much of a mystery? Coyote is powerful, and he's shared that power with Ysengrin while also making him feel completely helpless in comparison to and without Coyote.

There's only two ways that ends: slavish devotion or consuming hatred. And with Coyote's abilities, I imagine he can pick which one he gets.

But consuming hatred is much more interesting.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Parahexavoctal posted:

But consuming hatred is much more interesting.

There's still time for it to flip. The line separating devotion and resentment is very fine, after all, and we've seen Ysengrin express anger at Coyote before, although it was short-lived.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Ysengrin is technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

I'm enjoying the way Annie's mask keeps falling off during this conversation. She's really bad at communicating (shocker) that it's the how, not the what that Anthony has done.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Blackheart posted:

Ysengrin's being reasonable that's how you know things are bad.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Capfalcon posted:

Thread: "Maybe I was wrong about this Anthony Carver fellow. He sounds very reasonable. "

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Proof that Tony is in the wrong: Ysengrin thinks what he did is fine.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I love Ysengrin's nonplussed face there.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
One big diff between Ysengrin and Tony is that Ysengrin not only wants Annie to succeed but wants her to be motivated to as well, and has made an emphasis on having her walk on her own and not run away from things when it would be easy to (like when living with the elves who expected her to do chores)

Tony wants Annie to succeed too, but his methods do not take Annie and how she feels into account and make her dependent on him for approval for her actions.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Quantum Finger posted:

Ysengrin is technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

I'm enjoying the way Annie's mask keeps falling off during this conversation. She's really bad at communicating (shocker) that it's the how, not the what that Anthony has done.

I'm pretty sure she is refusing to recognize that Anthony is doing anything grossly terrible that she doesn't deserve. She's convinced herself that it is perfectly normal to rip your daughter from her entire social circle, lock her way by herself, and refuse to let her out unsupervised just because of "disappointment".

So, of course, she can't actually tell Ysengrin about it, because she isn't letting herself think it's worth mentioning.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What? No!

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Reminder, this is a continuation of a conversation. Wolf dad is hurt by what Annie did to herself, and Annie is trying to explain why it was necessary.

But there is one major difference between WolfDad and BrokeDad. WolfDad immediately saw that Annie hurt herself and shared his feelings about that. Tony has yet to acknowledge or even demonstrate that he knows his daughter engaged in rash self-harm.

So hey, maybe we'll get a little healing here. At the very least we can dive into Annie's own feelings about her father.
Except, well, WoofDad hasn't been giving stellar advice lately, so that'll be fun.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

M.c.P posted:

Tony has yet to acknowledge or even demonstrate that he knows his daughter engaged in rash self-harm.

He did just get called out by Coyote this chapter though, and from that "war inside his mind" line, I think he does realize it to some degree.

Acknowledge it verbally to her though, ya that hasn't happened yet.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
It's pretty funny that the biggest reaction anyone else has gotten out of Annie regarding her father is Ysengrin taking the "He had his reasons" role, forcing her into the antagonist position for the first time.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

M.c.P posted:

Reminder, this is a continuation of a conversation. Wolf dad is hurt by what Annie did to herself, and Annie is trying to explain why it was necessary.

But there is one major difference between WolfDad and BrokeDad. WolfDad immediately saw that Annie hurt herself and shared his feelings about that. Tony has yet to acknowledge or even demonstrate that he knows his daughter engaged in rash self-harm.

So hey, maybe we'll get a little healing here. At the very least we can dive into Annie's own feelings about her father.
Except, well, WoofDad hasn't been giving stellar advice lately, so that'll be fun.

I doubt BrokeDad can see into the ether nearly as well as WolfDad, so he should get some slack.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Dienes posted:

I doubt BrokeDad can see into the ether nearly as well as WolfDad, so he should get some slack.

Also, ol' plantpup knows anything, anything at all, about how Annie usually behaves.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Patrick Spens posted:

Also, ol' plantpup knows anything, anything at all, about how Annie usually behaves.

That's also a good point. She's wearing boots for heaven's sake.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Matlock Birthmark posted:

That's also a good point. She's wearing boots for heaven's sake.
That's crazy business

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
YOU JUST DONT GET IT DAD :byodood:

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Dad strict, so what.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Itzena posted:

It's pretty funny that the biggest reaction anyone else has gotten out of Annie regarding her father is Ysengrin taking the "He had his reasons" role, forcing her into the antagonist position for the first time.

Good read. She can't explain objectively why it's a big deal without admitting he's been awful to her.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Itzena posted:

Bingo.

Wolfdad: Sounds like he had his reasons?
Annie: Yeah... His poo poo REASONS.

I hold out hope for this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

:byodame: UUGH you don't get it wolfdad I wish you just went back to trying to kill me several times!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dear fire-girl:

Stop being a scrub and grow-up

love

wolf dad

P.S. do you even lift?
P.S.S. broken man was right

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
mmm, I love pop rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Weeeeeell then. I didn't think someone else could destroy one of those! :stare:

I wonder what effect that will have? :ohdear: