Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are you sure that Japanese cartoon is 100% sincere? To me the contrast between how dire everything looks and the girl's thoughts indicates th

A GOOD CARTOON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Carson is going to gently caress the sun and Hitler to death

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Somfin posted:

Are we really supposed to believe that some "Numenorean ranger" showed up at the gates of Mordor precisely when the hobbits were making their surgical strike? All the footage of that time shows a paltry force of a few hundred, are we really expected to believe that this was a credible threat to Sauron? That all of the forces of Mordor had to be mobilised to face it, pulling them away from their guard posts and off the main roads? How precisely did the all-seeing eye of Sauron just "miss" these two big-footed shits waltzing into Mount Doom? And, most damningly, this comes just days after thousands of Orc forces died within the walls of a city they'd already conquered! Wake up, dorcs!

Look, I'm really more concerned about Trump's plan to obtain a Silmaril and then "negotiate" with the sons of Feanor when they come for it.

And Fiorina, of course, wants to invade loving Valinor.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

chairface posted:

Yeah that poo poo with the refugee girl pisses me right the gently caress off. Yes this is all a PLAN concocted by FREELOADERS and not, y'know, half the major militaries of the world are all blowing poo poo up in their home country right now, while ISIS and their own government tries to kill them.

Yes, but that would require them to see the refugees as actual people, which conflicts with the usual "convenient punching bag to blame for my own failures" view that bigots love.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Scratchman Apoo posted:

What the gently caress am I going to do with 24 conspiracy theory board games?

Leave them Dee's doorstep on the third saturday of every month for two years?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 196 days!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Political cartoons in the news:

"I want to live a safe and clean life, eat gourmet food, go out, wear pretty things, and live a luxurious life… all at the expense of someone else. I have an idea. I'll become a refugee."
More here.

If the cartoonist has so little sympathy for people displaced by war, she needs to take a trip to loving Hiroshima and do some very hard thinking about what the memorial there means.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

A group of House Republicans conspired in the demise of Speaker John Boehner. They thought he was ineffective. Unfortunately their replacement Speaker, Kevin McCarthy, was even more ineffective. He committed a gaffe that fit the Democrat’s narrative that the Benghazi hearings were all about destroying Hillary.

So they had to whack him too.

Chip Bok posted:

Vladimir Putin is in Syria killing people and breaking things. He told the US to get out of the way. Putin’s the new cop in the Middle East. He says Russia is part of an alliance to stop ISIS, like the alliance to stop Hitler. But he seems more interested in stopping the revolt against his guy, Bashar Assad.

Barack Obama is flexible. He showed no sign of humiliation. He even welcomed Putin but warned him about be getting into a quagmire. Then he got out of the way.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Putin is a figment of Obama's imagination?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Has anyone who isn't a Tea Partier even uttered the words "gun free zone" in their lives, just curious

Lester et al just love to target the idea of signposts telling you not to take guns to places as though these signs are a cornerstone of Democratic policy and/or gun control laws in general but I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone actually advocating that idea

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

loquacius posted:

Has anyone who isn't a Tea Partier even uttered the words "gun free zone" in their lives, just curious

Lester et al just love to target the idea of signposts telling you not to take guns to places as though these signs are a cornerstone of Democratic policy and/or gun control laws in general but I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone actually advocating that idea

The front steps of the California legislature circa 1967.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Crazy weirdo etymology starter kit: "You keep the change I'll keep my guns and freedom," "sanctuary city," "prophecy," "caliphate," "gun-free zone," "welfare," "molon labe," "rebel pride," and treating people that groom themselves with deep suspicion. There are several phrases that have slipped my mind, but those are things some people say that alert me to them being insane. Some have since fallen out of use like, "Saddy Insaney," but they are phrases that have no relation to reality other than being mentioned on AM talk radio, national news, and whackjobs on the street.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Post 9-11 User posted:

Crazy weirdo etymology starter kit: "You keep the change I'll keep my guns and freedom," "sanctuary city," "prophecy," "caliphate," "gun-free zone," "welfare," "molon labe," "rebel pride," and treating people that groom themselves with deep suspicion. There are several phrases that have slipped my mind, but those are things some people say that alert me to them being insane. Some have since fallen out of use like, "Saddy Insaney," but they are phrases that have no relation to reality other than being mentioned on AM talk radio, national news, and whackjobs on the street.

Prophecy and welfare at least seem like they'd need contextual clues, they're perfectly serviceable words. The rest is spot on.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Ha, that's actually reasonably accurate, at least regarding the lack of forethought in the Liberatores.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Wolves are tools of killing by nature, and we cannot simply outlaw them, but must instead take active measures to keep them out of society. AGC

Bonus points: Try to figure out the intended reading. Sheep should be allowed to carry wolves onto campus? I feel like there's an idiom that applies to concealed wolves within a community of sheep...

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

If only those sheep had wolves of their own, this wouldn't have happened.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I guess his target audience wouldn't know what a 'canine' is.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wolf Free Zones won't do anything about Foxes. A 'ban all weapons' cartoon.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

Uh it's a real thing and not just the fever nightmare of Wayne LaPierre

Whether you think its a good or bad idea (its probably a good idea), the Gun-Free School Zones act of 1990 made it a federal crime to carry a firearm in a school zone. State legislatures have extended similar laws to various places like churches and bars.

How do you not know this is real

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Vladimir Putin is in Syria killing people and breaking things.

Chip Bok, vital international relations expert.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Post 9-11 User posted:

I love these cause you can always call out who they listen to on AM radio. Add in stuff like "Race Baiter/Hustler/Pimp", "Lamestream Media", "Democrat Party", "Obamaphone" etc ad nauseum.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

walgreenslatino posted:

Uh it's a real thing and not just the fever nightmare of Wayne LaPierre

Whether you think its a good or bad idea (its probably a good idea), the Gun-Free School Zones act of 1990 made it a federal crime to carry a firearm in a school zone. State legislatures have extended similar laws to various places like churches and bars.

How do you not know this is real

I think his point is that the left wants actual comprehensive gun control reform and the right wing focus on gun free zones as being an ineffective deterrent misses the point.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Oh the sheep defend themselves with wolves, do they?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Ahhhh it's a good day

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Let out a big old belly laugh right in the middle of my office, great job Bad Reporter

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The GFZA was introduced by none other than Joe Biden as well.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

RyokoTK posted:

Oh the sheep defend themselves with wolves, do they?

He makes a good point, why don't we have "No Murdering" signs posted at schools? Would clear up a lot of confusion these people seem to be having.

Did Obama's chin slide onto his chest or is that a tiny nutsack?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kajeesus posted:

Bonus points: Try to figure out the intended reading. Sheep should be allowed to carry wolves onto campus? I feel like there's an idiom that applies to concealed wolves within a community of sheep...

Gun Free Zones will not actually protect you from guns. So they're useless. So they shouldn't exist. In short, it's this, but unironically.

Saint Sputnik posted:

If only those sheep had wolves of their own, this wouldn't have happened.

Well that's the entire point behind livestock guardian dogs.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 9, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
So what I'm getting out of this is that Mike Lester just really really wants to take a gun to a school

It's his fondest wish

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Like any school shooter could afford a black market gun.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kit Walker posted:

I think his point is that the left wants actual comprehensive gun control reform and the right wing focus on gun free zones as being an ineffective deterrent misses the point.

Well, yeah, that's kind of the intention. They know people might actually support some real policies, so they try to spin all of it as just ineffective nonsense to make doing nothing but adding even more weapons to the equation look better by comparison. Bonus points for making the opposition look weak and indecisive since so much of gun support depends on the macho power fantasy like the "good guy with a gun".

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I know the word gaffe lost all meaning some time ago, but "genuine criticism of the whackadoo wing of your party" is not a "gaffe" simply because you come to regret it later.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Scott Adams, creator of "Dilbert", is on CNN right now saying Trump is going to be president. Why?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Rorus Raz posted:

Here's some cartoons I was going to post before the site fizzled out there.

This IS rad as hell though :black101:

I like that the rad skeleton has a little skull for his manubrium for no reason other than to look cool.

Edit: or maybe it's just his cloak pin, either way.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Thump! posted:

The GFZA was introduced by none other than Joe Biden as well.

This sounds like something that happened at a Wu-Tang concert.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cat Mattress posted:

Gun Free Zones will not actually protect you from guns. So they're useless. So they shouldn't exist. In short, it's this, but unironically.

Well that's the entire point behind livestock guardian dogs.

Some kind of organized protective force?

That is held to a higher standard than the general populace?

And you still want to minimize the number of wolves in the general vicinity regardless?

Sorry, there's no way you're going to un-AGC this one.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chairface posted:

Yeah that poo poo with the refugee girl pisses me right the gently caress off. Yes this is all a PLAN concocted by FREELOADERS and not, y'know, half the major militaries of the world are all blowing poo poo up in their home country right now, while ISIS and their own government tries to kill them.

You should have read the link article. The artist clearly states that real refugees deserve aide, and her cartoon is about the fake refugees who just want to mooch off Europe. She apparently does a lot of other political manga, too, including one where an adorable cat girl denies the Comfort Women, Korean women forced to become sex slaves for Japanese troops during WWII, ever existed. Do the people who draw the Sonic crew in Nazi uniforms on deviant art know they have a role model in Japan?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Are unnecessary labels any better when you put them on balloons?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Scott Adams, creator of "Dilbert", is on CNN right now saying Trump is going to be president. Why?

Because he's a lovely little bullshit man

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."
Whatever happened to Deep Hurting? Does he still draw or did he give up and get a job at Starbucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

• Locked thread