Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I should be able to log on tonight after 10pm EST or so. Throw a post up in here if I'm not in game.

I'm currently in Mistmoore, exploring with invisibility. Never really been here before. Send me a tell at Kefkef if you get the chance to log on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Ashenden posted:

Bugen bagged Black Dire for me, some level 50 Gnome seemed to be planning to try and engage it first. Naw.

Also got 2 levels today, guess I do better without double exp.

That same gnome who was AEing the castle entrance we were camping? gently caress that guy

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Yeah he started talking about it in say like "I can solo it" and "as soon as he's here" after Bugen killed advisor and spawned him. Agreed.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
In other Mistmoore related shenanigans:

Haha wow my pick up group just got ganked hard by Mistmoore train. A pull from the castle somehow became like 20+ mobs. Ouch.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Gotta love MM trains, we had some really impressive ones courtesy of that gnome. I was playing it fast and loose today while bound in NK. Scariest moment was easily Black Dire hitting me for triple 200s down to 20%.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Kefit posted:

I'm currently in Mistmoore, exploring with invisibility. Never really been here before. Send me a tell at Kefkef if you get the chance to log on.

Famous last words RIP

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
I want to give a shout out to the legendary Frankthebank, who had the super good idea of drowning himself so PKs couldn't take his plat if they killed him (he's a cleric, he's not going to die in PvP combat regardless, but we humored him).

Queue a beautiful little moment of us gathered around his corpse, waiting for him to grab his gear, and everyone realizing at once that he couldn't loot his corpse without picking up all his cash first.

Shine on you beautiful bastard

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I Love You! posted:

I want to give a shout out to the legendary Frankthebank, who had the super good idea of drowning himself so PKs couldn't take his plat if they killed him (he's a cleric, he's not going to die in PvP combat regardless, but we humored him).

Queue a beautiful little moment of us gathered around his corpse, waiting for him to grab his gear, and everyone realizing at once that he couldn't loot his corpse without picking up all his cash first.

Shine on you beautiful bastard

Hahahahahaha :lol:

What happens now?

Well, now, uh, Lancelot, Galahad, and I wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French by surprise; not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!

Who leaps out?

Uh, Lancelot, Galahad, and I. Uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh and uh....

Oh....

Oh.... Um, look, if we built this large wooden badger--

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
The simple solution would be to loot the plat, kill him again, and then have him loot the first corpse. But by this point we just wanted to make fun of him instead

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry

Ashenden posted:

Did anybody bag anything cool in the repop?

Iron Scroll of War! Sweet 35 ac range item for my tank shaman.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Pyrocat posted:

Iron Scroll of War! Sweet 35 ac range item for my tank shaman.

Have you broken 1300 yet?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Have you broken 1300 yet?

I saw a shaman link 1.1k AC last night, which was impressive. My warrior has 1000 unbuffed, but I'm starting to hear anecdotes that AC>hp stacking now. Either way, I've got to work on some gear upgrades to hold my own on Velious.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I saw a shaman link 1.1k AC last night, which was impressive. My warrior has 1000 unbuffed, but I'm starting to hear anecdotes that AC>hp stacking now. Either way, I've got to work on some gear upgrades to hold my own on Velious.
Yeah, I'm asking because there was this huge slapfight about AC being broken during Velious beta. I did a ton of testing via boxing + guide account and found that it is not, in fact, broken. I made a few preliminary posts about it and got accused of making poo poo up so I stopped bothering to post further info. But I pretty conclusively proved (via shitloads of parsing) that you just need a lot of AC for it to matter against mobs that drastically outlevel you - Kunark attainable levels were not nearly enough. I had nearly 1300 on Bugen and 1250ish on my boxed Warrior account on beta and that was spitting out pretty good numbers against mobs like Master of the Guard compared to <1200. I haven't been active much since months before Velious released so I've not been keeping up on the latest prevailing tanking wisdom on the official forums, but I've been waiting to hear that someone with 1300+ AC figured out that it does actually do something.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

I Love You! posted:

The simple solution would be to loot the plat, kill him again, and then have him loot the first corpse. But by this point we just wanted to make fun of him instead

:downs: I would like to add that not only am I an idiot, but everyone else assumed it would work as well. Also, thanks for the Ruby Crown and the Opal Bracelet, I will keep those equipped (for inspection purposes) until I find drastically better, then I will sell them and be 300p richer!

Real talk, I went from 34 to 50 from Friday to Monday (didn't play Sunday). Super excited to level super slow and never reach 60.

I did start a Druid that I want to level to 30 because I kinda ditched McKeone who has been SUPER busy and unable to play. I have learned that low level on a Druid suck rear end. If anyone wants to PL me to non-crap levels, I would be super grateful.

Sidenote: Do we know when Discord is coming?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
The server is up in the sense that it's got hardware and is running, but I don't know when they're going to go live on it.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
The advisor is currently up, on the off chance that anyone is available to help me with it at this late hour.

Also, I ran into Jeah kind of randomly and got an Unknown Guild tag. One of the first welcoming messages I got over guildchat was "i like dicks." I knew you guys wouldn't let me down.

Discord sounds like an amusing idea, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be "won" by ultimate poopsockers who level their characters 24/7 by passing them between different players. But good luck to all of those who try to compete with them!

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
If you're 34+ come visit Lower Guk with us in the coming days, everybody.

Anybody in this thread have rez? Even 0% is fine. I just died in Cazic-Thule and now I'm sitting in CoM naked. Update: Found a port in FoB, I have decided being bound in CoM isn't so great.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 7, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Hey Red Dudes,

My crew is about lvl 52 and I have a strong desire to take a shot at Naggy/Vox if they are up. Is anyone (Frank for example) around this levelrange and interested in an impromptu dragonslaying session? We have the Sham/Tank/Chanter trinity down and could use DPS/Clerics if people have a desire to jump in.

Just a thought, let me know.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

I Love You! posted:

Hey Red Dudes,

My crew is about lvl 52 and I have a strong desire to take a shot at Naggy/Vox if they are up. Is anyone (Frank for example) around this levelrange and interested in an impromptu dragonslaying session? We have the Sham/Tank/Chanter trinity down and could use DPS/Clerics if people have a desire to jump in.

I'm down, i wont be above 52 for a while.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Could really use a Blacksmith around Freeport, not getting any responses looking in EC, West and North Freeport for one. Really wanna get out there and start killing stuff but I'm holding everything else to make totemic cloak/helmet. Turns out East Freeport is where any blacksmiths would be, oops.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 7, 2015

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
Someone spawned the black dire today without intended to kill it, I guess. A 59 Necro in the zone was willing to help me kill it, but his first attempt ended poorly cause he couldn't root it and his pet couldn't tank it. But then someone else in the zone called in a 60 Cleric to help us. She was concerned about catching agro from CH and dying, so we came up with the silly idea of pulling the dire to the zoneline just in case things went poorly and the cleric had to zone.

So of course the black dire despawned as soon as we had everything set up to begin the operation.

Ah, Everquest.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
On the Lower Guk front we had a lot of mishaps, pretty much all caused by trying to IVU to Assup or multi-wizard pulls vs feign death. I've learned my lesson, when I am trying to guide newer players down there we are definitely going to just clear the entire way. Exp is fine doing that at 40. Klaymen is an MVP for his evac when we were down to 8% health. Thanks to everyone who showed up, sorry it wasn't smoother and I hope we can try again tomorrow. Personally I had a lot of fun since I don't mind dying to lguk shenanigans, only thing I worry about is other goons having a poo poo time since I formed the group.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Ashenden posted:

On the Lower Guk front we had a lot of mishaps, pretty much all caused by trying to IVU to Assup or multi-wizard pulls vs feign death. I've learned my lesson, when I am trying to guide newer players down there we are definitely going to just clear the entire way. Exp is fine doing that at 40. Klaymen is an MVP for his evac when we were down to 8% health. Thanks to everyone who showed up, sorry it wasn't smoother and I hope we can try again tomorrow. Personally I had a lot of fun since I don't mind dying to lguk shenanigans, only thing I worry about is other goons having a poo poo time since I formed the group.

I had a good time, but I was called away on important skin on skin business. I made like 12% of my level and didn't die so all is well on my front. I'll be back for more tomorrow!

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
The advisor is up, on the off chance any of you high level guys are awake right now and near Mistmoore. I'll be around on Kefkef for a couple more hours tonight.

EDIT: Canna is an awesome dude and killed the Black Dire for me tonight. Thanks again man!

Kefit fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 9, 2015

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Hey Red Dudes,

My necro is 5% away from 52. Tonight or tomorrow works really well for me!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Really want to push my cleric from 51 to 52 tonight. If anyone plans to play tonight (I am getting on around 7pm PST) look for FranktheBank or Hurry (my 17 druid). Cheers!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Frank I believe i shall assist you this eve if i can

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Frankthebank, was grouped with you in Solb for double exp weekend on my bard Toccata, was a great group for my hell level.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Ashenden posted:

I'm up for more this weekend.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Rogean BROADCASTS, 'The Avatar of War has finally been slain. Although an awkward series of events, it is ultimately Rampage that is credited with the kill, following their own wipe, an engagement of a Asgard/Taken raid, their wipe, and then a Re-Engagement. Congrats.'

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Frankthebank, was grouped with you in Solb for double exp weekend on my bard Toccata, was a great group for my hell level.

Was that the BnB group? or maybe it was Royals? Either way, its amazing how many goons I'm running into every day.

I Love You! posted:

Frank I believe i shall assist you this eve if i can

Aw yiss. I have to get out of Dreadlands though. I dc'd in a Chardok group (very sad, amazing xp) and basically had to strafe run out of BW with Sarnaks chasing me.

Ashenden posted:

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'The Avatar of War has finally been slain. Although an awkward series of events, it is ultimately Rampage that is credited with the kill, following their own wipe, an engagement of a Asgard/Taken raid, their wipe, and then a Re-Engagement. Congrats.'

Wut. Rampage engage -> Wipe -> Asgard/Taken engage -> Wipe -> Rampage re-engages?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
You should check with Woops (also sometimes on Whee) re: leveling tonight, or hit up Badtown/Mahj. There is a strong chance I will only be around for a short while if at all due to RL thangs

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

FranktheBank posted:

Was that the BnB group? or maybe it was Royals? Either way, its amazing how many goons I'm running into every day.

I was the bard that wanted to go for a ciggy when you had run out of mana, and you just wouldn't run out of mana.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
It's that ruby crown channeling his inner baller

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I was the bard that wanted to go for a ciggy when you had run out of mana, and you just wouldn't run out of mana.

hahahaha, that's right.

I Love You! posted:

It's that ruby crown channeling his inner baller

I'm still wearing that and my Opal Bracelet. :cool:

Edit: I had an Empire tank in my group inspect me. He was like, "wtf are you wearing. You know you can vendor those for plat right?"

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Currently healing my first somewhat undergeared tank. I have to heal like once every other pull. I don't think I like The Hole, too many dispelling mobs. Also a random red con (to 51) golem in the middle of blues. I miss Chardok and CoM. I need to get a seb key.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

FranktheBank posted:

Aw yiss. I have to get out of Dreadlands though. I dc'd in a Chardok group (very sad, amazing xp) and basically had to strafe run out of BW with Sarnaks chasing me.

We missed you Frank! We missed you and we waited!!! And then I literally ended up in a group with 2 bards and 2 clerics with no tank and ended up logging :(

-Lahara

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

MageMage posted:

We missed you Frank! We missed you and we waited!!! And then I literally ended up in a group with 2 bards and 2 clerics with no tank and ended up logging :(

-Lahara

OMG I've literally been waiting all day for you to log in so I could apologize! I was so pissed. My kid knocked the router off and it was a pain to get it back on. Took almost 2 hours =(

That group was so good too.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Is there a guild on Red like SLAMDUNKATRON was back in the day? I've got my Druid up to 23 so thinking I could be in grouping range for some alts soonish.

Also is Hardon still around? I never knew his forums name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Buane posted:

Is there a guild on Red like SLAMDUNKATRON was back in the day? I've got my Druid up to 23 so thinking I could be in grouping range for some alts soonish.

Also is Hardon still around? I never knew his forums name.

Not at the moment, but only because they won't let us form a guild without like 10 players on simultaneously.

We could get a Red roll-call, it's been a while. I play with a pretty regular group of 4 and sometimes Frankthebank tags along, so we're halfway to a guild already! We are almost to the point where we need to get epics and poo poo so it's possible we will join a guild if we can't get enough people to do it organically.