Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Sir Pukesalot posted:

Joined Vidku, friended Adam, and got invited to the Adi group before finishing the post. I'm @Sir_PukesAlot.
The SA usernames make it really easy to guess who's gettin added right away. There are a couple of dudes/dudettes in my friends list who aren't in the group and they haven't posted here, so I'm not sure about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

I don't know what the problem is, Intel integrated graphics look great. First frame looks good... oh here comes the second, it looks good too...

Intel GMA: Now with built in slideshow feature!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
If you're wondering which videos are mine, look for the thumbnails with the stupid dumb face attached to the stupid dumb shirt :sun:

Oh also Badger is using my account for his own videos, but he said it's only temporary.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS, gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS, gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS.

Good lord, this shower install has turned into a loving oval office wagon and a half. I am trying to get drywall to match up and of course nothing matches up. so my day was spend using shims, screwing and unscrewing the same god drat piece of dry wall just to try to attempt to get things to line up, only to bust a hole in another piece of drywall.

gently caress it, its getting copious amounts of drywall compound and sanding it.

Now I am the previous owner.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS, gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS, gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS.

Good lord, this shower install has turned into a loving oval office wagon and a half. I am trying to get drywall to match up and of course nothing matches up. so my day was spend using shims, screwing and unscrewing the same god drat piece of dry wall just to try to attempt to get things to line up, only to bust a hole in another piece of drywall.

gently caress it, its getting copious amounts of drywall compound and sanding it.

This is the best post.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

You should be using greenboard or cementboard in a shower stall anyways. :yosbutt:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

(It didn't shrink) :btroll:

88h88 posted:

Yeah do you know how hard it is to shrink a shirt?

^^

At least you get to go buy a sparkly new one.

I wore this loving thing to a wedding three weeks ago and had no trouble buttoning the top button. There's no way my neck got fatter.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Going to court huh?

Funeral. I have a fun post about how that went down once I've fully processed it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I wore this loving thing to a wedding three weeks ago and had no trouble buttoning the top button. There's no way my neck got fatter.

I see a ton of Klondike wrappers that spell out something different.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

I see a ton of Klondike wrappers that spell out something different.

I haven't had a Klondike bar in almost a month!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

You should be using greenboard or cementboard in a shower stall anyways. :yosbutt:

its green board.

its just the pain in the dick of getting every thing to match up because the shower is a retrofit. And of course, they cobbled together every thing when they did it, so nothing is matching correctly.

This is the engineering I am working with folks.

gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

kastein posted:

You can use drywall in a shower, you just have to put down that blue rubber skin thing on top.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So my next bike is pretty definitely going to be Euro.

Went to a new BMW/KTM dealer. Was immediately given a drink, offered snacks, sales guy actually knew his products, was knowledgeable about all of them, rode himself, and gave me a test ride.

The Japanese and American dealers in town barely even register you as a human being.

It's so strange to see a business get poo poo correct.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I hate Texas. I hate hotels. I miss my kid. gently caress this humidity. Why are your onramps like 12 feet long? This Yaris has like 7 horsepower. Can I go a full day without being assaulted by some death bug the size of a silver dollar? If I have to eat another waffle in the shape of Texas I'm going to burn something to the ground.

I just want to go home.

I've lived here all my life.
Yes, gently caress the humidity. You're lucky it's not hot (not kidding, this is a bit warm for October, but still pretty cool)
Onramps depend on where you are. Most of the major highways have nice long ones, but I know exactly what you're talking about.
No. We're second only to Oz in giant death bugs.
I've never eaten a waffle in the shape of Texas. Where did you find that?

You're free to go home. Tell them I said it was OK.

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus

Darchangel posted:

I've never eaten a waffle in the shape of Texas. Where did you find that?

Probably at a hotel, the one time I visited Texas (Dallas) for a wedding they had them at the hotel, it was a Hilton too which seemed kind of hokey.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

Probably at a hotel, the one time I visited Texas (Dallas) for a wedding they had them at the hotel, it was a Hilton too which seemed kind of hokey.

Well, to do it properly, that one waffle should have covered and entire standard dinner plate, used an entire stick of butter, and a quart of syrup. Everything's bigger!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

Well, to do it properly, that one waffle should have covered and entire standard dinner plate, used an entire stick of butter, and a quart of syrup. Everything's bigger!

And not that real maple stuff, either! Gotta have that nasty sugar syrup. Quality isn't important, just the appearance of quantity!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Yes, gently caress the humidity. You're lucky it's not hot (not kidding, this is a bit warm for October, but still pretty cool)

He's from AZ, he knows what heat is - it's just that moisture in the air confuses and frightens us. I've been sweating my balls off in ~70 degree weather in the midwest thanks to humidity before.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Raluek posted:

And not that real maple stuff, either! Gotta have that nasty sugar syrup. Quality isn't important, just the appearance of quantity!

Cane syrup isn't bad as long as you use it sparingly. I'm picturing this waffle doused in that watery generic butter flavored syrup.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Just got my mini FPV quadcopter in the air today :toot: now I have to wait until the video goggles come off of back order later this month. I'll be the obnoxious guy posting vertigo inducing videos on YouTube flying through trees and whatnot.

Hey Rhyno; is the supergirl show going to be any good? DC has been doing pretty good stuff with their TV shows and I see its got that berlanti dude involved. I love Arrow and Flash, I'm wondering if supergirl was worth giving a try. Generally CBS is pretty poo poo for shows (BBT, 2.5 manchildren)

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Just got my mini FPV quadcopter in the air today :toot: now I have to wait until the video goggles come off of back order later this month. I'll be the obnoxious guy posting vertigo inducing videos on YouTube flying through trees and whatnot.

Hey Rhyno; is the supergirl show going to be any good? DC has been doing pretty good stuff with their TV shows and I see its got that berlanti dude involved. I love Arrow and Flash, I'm wondering if supergirl was worth giving a try. Generally CBS is pretty poo poo for shows (BBT, 2.5 manchildren)

What goggles & copter are you using?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

He's from AZ, he knows what heat is - it's just that moisture in the air confuses and frightens us. I've been sweating my balls off in ~70 degree weather in the midwest thanks to humidity before.
:respek:

I'm just salty and pissed off. It's been a rough week, haven't seen my kid in two weeks.

North side of San Antonio. The 1604 is a decrepit piece of poo poo.

e: waiting on my flight home getting poo poo faced at the airport bar on the company dime.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 10, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Maker Of Shoes posted:

:respek:

I'm just salty and pissed off. It's been a rough week, haven't seen my kid in two weeks.

Reading stuff like this always makes me feel weird, cause it sucks...but being gone for two weeks at a time is such a small deal to me at this point that I don't even register it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

We're hoping! Same producers and studio as Flash & Arrow and the lead actress seems to love what she's doing!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

iwentdoodie posted:

Reading stuff like this always makes me feel weird, cause it sucks...but being gone for two weeks at a time is such a small deal to me at this point that I don't even register it.

I barely handle it when it's a week. Two is killing me. I have zero idea how people go longer.

One of these days I need to record him. He runs around the house in his announcer voice going "IT'S JOOOOOOOOHN CENA!", pile drives a pillow then playing his theme song on the billion interments I have in the house for him. It's loving hilarious.

Edit: forgot, after the theme song be yells REKT M8 then runs off. He's a walking meme.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 10, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I barely handle it when it's a week. Two is killing me. I have zero idea how people go longer.

I don't have kids but know plenty of people that do. I don't even notice missing poo poo until I've been gone for 3 months or more at this point. Same usually goes for the people with kids.

9 months + hasn't been unusual :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Work is entirely too busy August through January

Somebody get me a goddamn drink

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just get more overpriced root beer.

Edit: just curious, how much is a 6pk of a good IPA there, since that poo poo was so expensive?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

So my next bike is pretty definitely going to be Euro.

Went to a new BMW/KTM dealer. Was immediately given a drink, offered snacks, sales guy actually knew his products, was knowledgeable about all of them, rode himself, and gave me a test ride.

The Japanese and American dealers in town barely even register you as a human being.

It's so strange to see a business get poo poo correct.

SUUUUUUPER DUUUUUUUUUUUUKE

So what ended up happening to the ZRX?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

SUUUUUUPER DUUUUUUUUUUUUKE

So what ended up happening to the ZRX?

In general or after it stranded me two days in a row? :v:

Found a chafed ground wire in the headlight bucket, where the shop who replaced my throttle cable didn't tuck it correctly. Two hours of bending and twisting wires and I found a spot about 1/64" chafed, perfectly in contact with a piece of metal.

Spliced in a new run and bike is fine, rode ~150 miles today with no issue.

And eh. SD is amazing, but it was suuuuuper uncomfortable on the highway. The little fins on the headlight directed all the air directly into my throat. But Jesus it was fun. S1000R, however....

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Just get more overpriced root beer.

Edit: just curious, how much is a 6pk of a good IPA there, since that poo poo was so expensive?

What's a good brand and I can tell you haha

I know angry orchard is $7.50-$11.25 and strong now is $8.50-$12

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

And eh. SD is amazing, but it was suuuuuper uncomfortable on the highway. The little fins on the headlight directed all the air directly into my throat. But Jesus it was fun. S1000R, however....

Do tel about the S1000 :allears:

I want a super motard so bad but I know that I'd get crippled or die on it so I have to settle for a Jeep wrangler i guess :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I remember when a 6 pack of good homegrown NW craft was $5.99. Now everything's :tenbux: WTH happened?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blk posted:

I remember when a 6 pack of good homegrown NW craft was $5.99. Now everything's :tenbux: WTH happened?

Hipsters.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Do tel about the S1000 :allears:

I want a super motard so bad but I know that I'd get crippled or die on it so I have to settle for a Jeep wrangler i guess :(

Same style as the Duke, little more sportbike feeling. Faster, but less frantic/fun feeling. The SD felt like a puppy that just wanted to make me happy, and was OH MY GOD LETS DO THIS SEE SEE ITS FUN WE'RE HAVING FUN!

The S1000R was more "ah yes, I can do that. Would you care for a cup of tea? Perhaps a bratwurst?" Plus it didn't feel like an air spirit was choking the life out of me in a comfortable seating position.

If I was a bit shorter or a bit taller, it would be perfection.

And honestly, I trust not dying more on a bike than I do in a Chrysler product :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

What's a good brand and I can tell you haha

I know angry orchard is $7.50-$11.25 and strong now is $8.50-$12

Do you guys have Stone there? Or Rogue?

Those are about average, I guess. That root beer poo poo was just wayyyy expensive.

Edit: gently caress, double post. Too many threads going on :v:

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 10, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Do you guys have Stone there? Or Rogue?

Those are about average, I guess. That root beer poo poo was just wayyyy expensive.

Edit: gently caress, double post. Too many threads going on :v:

I don't think so, we have a bunch of bespoke artisanal breweries up in GR so we don't have a huge out of state selection in most stores

I think my prices are mostly party store prices because at Meijer it's a lot cheaper but Meijer is farther away

Like when I buy New Amsterdam Gin it's $22.99 for a 1.5L or $23.99 for a fifth of Bombay Sapphire at Meijer so that's kind of reasonable for liquor

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Magnus Praeda posted:

What goggles & copter are you using?

The 280 Night Hawk Pro ARF and using my Spektrum DX7 (old, but nicer quality than their new stuff) and waiting for the new dominator 3 goggles to come off back order at months end! Going to suck waiting these few weeks for them.

Rhyno posted:

We're hoping! Same producers and studio as Flash & Arrow and the lead actress seems to love what she's doing!

I went down the same thought path but I'm not in the know enough to feel confident. I hope it's good because we love the flash and arrow in my house!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Watched the premier episode a couple months ago.
It was... What's the opposite of good?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ilkhan posted:

What's the opposite of good?

Bape Culture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted: