Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pathetic little tramp posted:

The reason conservatives were pretty quiet about it is because the rumour is that the dudes on the train were literally a gay couple on a vacation in france to wine country.

Well the gay bar in Sacramento certain adds some heft to that rumor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

The reason conservatives were pretty quiet about it is because the rumour is that the dudes on the train were literally a gay couple on a vacation in france to wine country.

So the few good men that stopped the gun on the train met at a few good men? :v:

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

AlternateNu posted:

I don't see a bible thumping doctor getting any more of Baltimore County than what Hogan got regardless of race, and that was in a mid-term. He might get a few more votes out of Baltimore City from the Black Evangelical block, but the Dem machine there is pretty rabid. If anything would get him the seat, it would be siphoning votes out of Prince George's and Montgomery counties.

I keep running into a lot of people here who think very highly of him. Especially when he treated one of their family members.

Remember, not even people who worked with him every day had any idea what his politics were. I could see him get elected with the edge of name recognition and keeping their heads in the sand about his actual politics.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ceiling fan posted:

I keep running into a lot of people here who think very highly of him. Especially when he treated one of their family members.

Remember, not even people who worked with him every day had any idea what his politics were. I could see him get elected with the edge of name recognition and keeping their heads in the sand about his actual politics.

Bit hard to miss it now.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Are you making GBS threads me? gently caress, gays are badass.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

evilweasel posted:

Bit hard to miss it now.

It's definitely all over the news. But the last time I was sitting in a pharmacy and a woman told me how Dr. Carson saved her toddler, and what a nice man he is, I sure didn't feel like bringing up his batshit politics. And, yes, this has happened more than once.

I just think locally, there are enough personally grateful people to give him a significant advantage.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ceiling fan posted:

It's definitely all over the news. But the last time I was sitting in a pharmacy and a woman told me how Dr. Carson saved her toddler, and what a nice man he is, I sure didn't feel like bringing up his batshit politics. And, yes, this has happened more than once.

I just think locally, there are enough personally grateful people to give him a significant advantage.

Basically he is a black huckabee who has a genuine Nonpolitical skill and is a better at hiding his religious bullshit. he also kinda comes off as someone who might be somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

haveblue posted:

He's living out his origin story, in ten years he'll be flying around SF with a cape and gadgets.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/spencer-stone-france-train-hero-stabbed-california-suspect-witness/

Dude was stepping up because he saw a woman get punched in the face. Subsequently gets stabbed, the woman then gets in the car with the people who stabbed him.

This is why you don't step into crazy. Maybe I've lived in NYC too long, but the only thing that happens is that you get sucked in, to noone's benefit.

I'm saying Superman would totally get stabbed, sued, and contracted with some sort of aerosal based chlamydia a day into the superheroing thing in real life.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Rand better drop out soon, I need to make back the money the pope hosed me over on.

Is this actually a thing? I've seen mentions that Rand might be the next to drop out but his father was always known for his quixotic campaigns.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I have to say, I'm a little scared I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh at these idiots until suddenly I'm up against a wall facing a firing squad in the wake of Civil War II Electric Boogaloo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nachos posted:

Is this actually a thing? I've seen mentions that Rand might be the next to drop out but his father was always known for his quixotic campaigns.

The party wants him to stop and focus on his Senate seat so they don't have to worry about it. He's shown no inclination to drop out.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

nachos posted:

He's kind of like how Rick Perry was in my mind in that I have not thought about him for a very long time.

Ron Paul at least tried to stay relevant.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

evilweasel posted:

The party wants him to stop and focus on his Senate seat so they don't have to worry about it. He's shown no inclination to drop out.

Additionally, Rand Paul has discovered that he does not care for national campaigning. Someone in his staff leaked a couple weeks back that he blew off fundraising to go on vacation and seems to focus his 'campaigning' around goofing off.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

evilweasel posted:

Is his seat threaten from the right/more crazy or an actual D?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
"Well..., you're going to have to get over [cuts to your Social Security benefits]." —John Kasich

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

PhazonLink posted:

Is his seat threaten from the right/more crazy or an actual D?

His seat isn't seriously threatened but the focus is the threat of a Democrat. The worry is that if he keeps blowing off the state, a Democrat could threaten the seat and, even if they don't win, divert money from other states the Republicans need to defend to a state that should be safe.

Its the risk he'd blunder into making it competitive, not that he's actually close to blowing the seat itself.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Sounds like he's coming down with a case of the Jebs. Does he think people won't hammer him with this all through the general if he somehow survives the primary? Do his handlers think W's attempt to kill Social Security just wasn't cold-blooded enough? Christ.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

showbiz_liz posted:

I have to say, I'm a little scared I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh at these idiots until suddenly I'm up against a wall facing a firing squad in the wake of Civil War II Electric Boogaloo.

There are worse ways to die, to be honest.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Nolanar posted:

Sounds like he's coming down with a case of the Jebs. Does he think people won't hammer him with this all through the general if he somehow survives the primary? Do his handlers think W's attempt to kill Social Security just wasn't cold-blooded enough? Christ.

Who gives a poo poo, he's not going to be the candidate.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

evilweasel posted:

His seat isn't seriously threatened but the focus is the threat of a Democrat. The worry is that if he keeps blowing off the state, a Democrat could threaten the seat and, even if they don't win, divert money from other states the Republicans need to defend to a state that should be safe.

Its the risk he'd blunder into making it competitive, not that he's actually close to blowing the seat itself.

It's Tennessee they don't have to worry. It won't be a contest.

The democrats won't get a competent candidate and even if they did DWS wouldn't give them any money.

greatn fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 9, 2015

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

showbiz_liz posted:

gently caress being put up against a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KlSuGNt8e4

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

greatn posted:

It's Tennessee they don't have to worry. It won't be a contest.

It's Kentucky, and Republicans have blown deeper red states. They can't take it for granted if he runs a bad local campaign.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

evilweasel posted:

It's Kentucky, and Republicans have blown deeper red states. They can't take it for granted if he runs a bad local campaign.

You are correct. But they can take it for granted that DWS won't fund a candidate. Maybe if Steve Beshear ran and have up the governorship.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Breaking News: Biden Huddling With Closest Advisors

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Radbot posted:

Who gives a poo poo, he's not going to be the candidate.

Kasich could have been a strong contender had Trump not flipped traditional political thinking on its head. Now he just looks like a 'me too' candidate alongside Jeb!

:3:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Turns out they're trying to figure out if it's pizza or wings tonight.

Edit: Posted that before I clicked the link drat I love Diamond Joe.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Speakin of Kentucky, we're havin us one o your shootenannies at a community college 'roundabouts Louisville if'n yins would like to partake on that thar twitter box

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Found on Reddit, but apparently the final draft of TPP was leaked on Wikileaks?

https://wikileaks.org/tpp-ip3/WikiLeaks-TPP-IP-Chapter/WikiLeaks-TPP-IP-Chapter-051015.pdf

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:allears:

Diamond Joe is an American treasure.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

:3:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Paul Ryan: not conservative enough to be speaker?

He voted for the TARP bailout, doesn't want to kill every illegal immigrant, doesn't hate gays enough, and is "a mouthpiece for the establishment".

Holy poo poo, these people.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Artificer posted:

https://wikileaks.org/tpp-ip3/WikiLeaks-TPP-IP-Chapter/WikiLeaks-TPP-IP-Chapter-051015.pdf

I would have settled for a one page pdf that just said "gently caress China".

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Speakin of Kentucky, we're havin us one o your shootenannies at a community college 'roundabouts Louisville if'n yins would like to partake on that thar twitter box

Jesus Christ on a bike, that's the 3rd college shooting in 24 hours?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Remember the good old days when Paul Ryan was a stunning VP pick because his budget was deemed too conservative to fly in the general?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Riosan posted:

Jesus Christ on a bike, that's the 3rd college shooting in 24 hours?

Doesn't sound like this one even got any rounds off at least, sounds like a guy was seen with a gun and got taken down before he could do anything.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Artificer posted:

That's just one of the sections, there's also a translation of a summary of the whole thing from the Japanese government: http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2015/10/full-translation-of-japanese-governments-summary-of-the-tpp.html

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

Paul Ryan: not conservative enough to be speaker?

He voted for the TARP bailout, doesn't want to kill every illegal immigrant, doesn't hate gays enough, and is "a mouthpiece for the establishment".

Holy poo poo, these people.

Welp, White-Hot Screaming Orb Of Rage it is then!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Members of the Freedom Caucus have openly supported Ryan and few will bash him publicly. They're insane, of course, but I think enough of them like him that they won't vote as a bloc since I believe that requires 85% per their rules.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
US: North Korea 'likely preparing' weapons test
Submarine-launched missile could be tested

this should go well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

TheBuilder posted:

I would have settled for a one page pdf that just said "gently caress China".

Yeah, everything I've read about the TPP points to it being one giant "gently caress China" trade agreement that's being made with all of their usual trade partners. The IP stuff looks like everyone has to just adopt US IP law while getting a ton of concessions for them to do businesses with the US and each other while cutting off working with China.

• Locked thread