Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

frood posted:

Rather than solid I would say that the Caern turret was one of those where you'd bounce stuff occasionally, but it wasn't something you could count on.

I will counter this and say Caern turret bounces retards all day but will get penned by fair players unless RNG decides to send their shot into your mantle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can't wait to get my hands on the CAX. If it's really good, I'll accelerate my grind through the 7/1 (only 100k XP to go yaaaaay).

Did the IS-8 get any notable buffs during its upgrade to the T-10?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I don't think I've ever bounced on the caern. If I ever need to just damage something, I auto-aim a caern.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

It is very close actually. Same haircut, same angry face.

It'll stick that way.

The Caernarvon had some strange no-damage areas on the turret when it was first released. The smoke launchers would just eat the shells, but on the Centurion you could lose your loader if you were shot in the same place. All in all, I'm not sure I really enjoyed the Caern as a DPM heavy.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

BadLlama posted:

I will counter this and say Caern turret bounces retards all day but will get penned by fair players unless RNG decides to send their shot into your mantle.

Yeah, this is fair. A bunch of people were talking about how the Caern is "a good tank," before I bought it, so I was looking forward to it. It was fine, I did well in it like I tend to do in most low alpha DPM heavy tanks, but I never really loved playing it because the armor was so unreliable and it's big enough that arty will focus you even if there are better players in other tanks.

The Conqueror is everything I was expecting the Caern to be and more. Love that tank. Caern? meh, it's allright.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nordick posted:

The new tier 2 US TD, T3 HMC, looks like the M3 Lee's retarded baby brother, visually speaking.
I'm trying to grind my Grant up to somewhere near the 6K battles that my Lee has, so having this new "Mini-Lee" TD to stomp around low tiers in is going to be fun. Looking forward to it.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The Jagdtiger 8.8 both is making me a ton of credits to buy the AMX 30, and also I keep getting 2k+ damage every match. People like sitting still.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Jagdhitler is far and away the pro-est kop I've ever made in this game. The Berlin pack was excellent, the WZ-111 is fun and cool, but none of those tanks consistently make huge money without a premium account like the JT88.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 9, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

frood posted:

The Conqueror is everything I was expecting the Caern to be and more. Love that tank. Caern? meh, it's allright.

The Caern basically suffers from the same thing as the rest of the line, you either like it or think its just meh but also have a bonus to your winrate when playing them.

Myself, I enjoyed the Caern a lot but as you said it being huge with no side armor made arty love to shoot at you.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
Gonna need some juicy CAX details in this thread. Anyone on the test played it?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Is this game good again yet or am I okay having some odd 40gb of my HDD free from this scourge

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 9, 2015

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the caern was a fat pershing that could snipe and since I hate sniping but love pershing it was a pretty middling tank

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Colon Semicolon posted:

Is this game good again yet or am I okay not having some odd 40gb of my HDD free from this scourge

lol no

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
If it's not good now it never was (it's not good now).

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Colon Semicolon posted:

Is this game good again yet or am I okay having some odd 40gb of my HDD free from this scourge

Don't play it. Play World of Warplanes instead.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
It's a bad game with bad players. Even a random Bro-100 could not save this game:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

SR claim that the SU-101 will get the 122 mm M62 back.

In the 8.0 test build the gun had ~2250 DPM, 2,9 aim time and 0,16 turret bloom to the D-54's current 2860/2,1/0,08. But that was a while ago.

e: thinking about for another second it that'll make the SU-122-54 a pretty underwhelming upgrade. Bring back the S-70S!

Prav fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 9, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Maybe the SU100-M1 will get a non-trash gun to hopefully redeem its trash hull.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Think I got stockholm from the SU100-M1

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellsau posted:

Don't play it. Play World of Warplanes instead.

That's mean, man.

Some clan called Brothers in Arms [B_I_A] has been constantly inviting me to their clan for the past couple weeks and I clicked Accept Invite because they seem like okay guys. Anyone know anything about these guys that I should know before I make official contact?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

That's mean, man.

Some clan called Brothers in Arms [B_I_A] has been constantly inviting me to their clan for the past couple weeks and I clicked Accept Invite because they seem like okay guys. Anyone know anything about these guys that I should know before I make official contact?

They're all bad so you'll fit right in.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Great, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

That's mean, man.

I've seen them around. I don't remember them sticking out in any real way though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Armored Patrol posted:

SU-101 Changes

A new Tier X gun was added to it – 122mm M62-C2

Some differences between it and the old gun:

– Changed penetration from 219 to 258mm,
– Changed alpha damage from 320 to 440,
– Damage Per Minute from 2988 to 2294,
– Reload time of 9.2 to 11.5s

Mmm. Mmmhmm.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

0,2 sec faster reload than the version that was too good to include in 8.0? power creep is real

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
So...they're giving out Ram II rentals now? I got one for two days for something.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RanKizama posted:

So...they're giving out Ram II rentals now? I got one for two days for something.

It's a mission. The Ram 2 is poo poo. It badly needs pref matchmaking - it's just so much worse than the T-25 that they shouldn't get the same matchmaking, and it's pretty hilariously worse than all the pref 5s.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hellsau posted:

It's a mission. The Ram 2 is poo poo. It badly needs pref matchmaking - it's just so much worse than the T-25 that they shouldn't get the same matchmaking, and it's pretty hilariously worse than all the pref 5s.
I had one and sold it. It's okay.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The Jagdhitler is far and away the pro-est kop I've ever made in this game. The Berlin pack was excellent, the WZ-111 is fun and cool, but none of those tanks consistently make huge money without a premium account like the JT88.

Back in the day, I was looking for a pure credit-making machine and was deciding between the T34, Loewe and JT88. In retrospect, I sortakinda regret not getting the T34 so I would have had a 4-skill crew by the time I trained up only fun tanks and got the T-29 as a keeper, same with the E-75 I hadn't unlocked yet and somehow, crewtrainer wasn't really a factor in my decision. But ultimately, literally printing credits was my most important criterion and while I'm poo poo at carrying in that thing and never got it above 50% WR, goddrat, does it make money.

Same thing with the CDC this time around on my NA account. Still poo poo at carrying, but it gets into positions to apply damage much faster and better, so it was a good choice for money making while having fun. Equally frustrating when outnumbered heavily, tbh.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

You are forgetting about the king of bad Tier 5 prefs, the Matilda Black Prince.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Infected posted:

You are forgetting about the king of bad Tier 5 prefs, the Matilda Black Prince.

The Ram 2 is a faster Matilda BP with more ammo and less armor. Probably should get pref.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Equally frustrating when outnumbered heavily, tbh.

yeah when every game has between 27 and 29 enemies in it, you get heavily outnumbered frequently.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 10, 2015

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

The Ram 2 is a faster Matilda BP with more ammo and less armor. Probably should get pref.

yeah when every game has between 27 and 29 enemies in it, you get heavily outnumbered frequently.

Yes, but the Ram 2 is not as you said "pretty hilariously worse than all the pref 5s" when the MBP exists.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Infected posted:

Excuse you sir, but I happen to absolutely love my Matilda BP. :colbert:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

RanKizama posted:

Excuse you sir, but I happen to absolutely love my Matilda BP. :colbert:

Aren't you also the guy with 6k M3 Lee games.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

We can all agree that as bad as the Ram and Matilda BP are, that person's tank preferences are worse.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
the lee is far better than the tilda bp

the tilda bp is tiny like all the tilda hulls, so it's mostly garbage boxy turret with no mantlet

how is it even playable

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Infected posted:

Best Tier IV

I still say the Matilda BP is a good and fun tank. Just slow as hell.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 10, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Infected posted:

don't kinksha-

wait never mind that's hosed up

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I guess the 113 got a round of buffs on supertest to dpm/accuracy but if they really wanted to make the 113 a perfectly viable t10 heavy against the rest of the 1st tier picks the only thing wgwould need to change would be upping the ufp to 150mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Prav posted:

don't kinksha-

wait never mind that's hosed up
To each their own man. Everyone said the Jg.Pz.IV was garbage with the 8.8 too, and that TD loving rocks.