Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The Blue Caboose posted:

I'm sorta struggling through the same boat, just at DMG instead. Mostly, my solution has been "stop making stupid plays", especially on CT. Did you get a sweet fastpick on A site last round? don't go back to the well. People at MGE-DMG are finally actually paying attention to the game. When you're holding common positions, maybe don't play them super aggressively. People will actually prefire quad or forklife on cache A, for instance, and there's a reasonable chance that if you're just sitting on the corner staring down your barrel, you won't be able to react in time.

Adren's video on consistency is also super helpful. He talks about consistency not being a matter of aim, but a matter of positioning. Sure, if the other team sucks you can get away with constantly peeking mid with an m4 and playing those aggressive angles, but as soon as someone on the other team has a modicum of skill, bad tactics won't work. It might feel like "oh man, i'm just missing shots" but you always sucked and you were always missing shots, the opponent just let you get away with it.

So basically, play smarter, not harder.

As for T side. throw grenades, get return kills.

Tbh at DMG and MGE people still suck major balls and those cheesy strategies still work perfectly fine if you're out aiming them. Likewise holding a good position doesn't mean poo poo if you're still aiming like dogshit in comparison to your enemy. Consistency honestly doesn't mean jack poo poo in solo queue because there are so many random factors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Sennheiser HD 558's and I just got a Blue Snowball mic today and sound is so clear its amazing

the mic is a LOT bigger than you think it is though, like its bigger than a baseball and I'm not really sure where to put it right now

stump collector
May 28, 2007

no_funeral posted:

who wants to buy my FN modern hunter M4A4/p250. keys plz. goon discount.

110 for both?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I went ahead and finally bought a Uni-directional ModMic. No longer will I have to suffer you goons with the terrible Logitech headset mic that I have set up beneath my monitor and have my air conditioning blow directly into it!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CampingCarl posted:

Is there a reliable list of what collections don't drop any more? I see a bunch of otherwise unremarkable skins rise in price and the only reason I can think of is you can trade up into valuable things that don't drop.

IIRC the only that don't drop at all anymore are:

Alpha
Assault
Baggage (?)
Militia (?)
Vertigo (?)

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

qhat posted:

Tbh at DMG and MGE people still suck major balls and those cheesy strategies still work perfectly fine if you're out aiming them. Likewise holding a good position doesn't mean poo poo if you're still aiming like dogshit in comparison to your enemy. Consistency honestly doesn't mean jack poo poo in solo queue because there are so many random factors.

Yup. I bounce between LEM and Supreme, and don't really use any strategy at all. Just like pre-ban waves you could aim yourself to DMG, you can aim pretty much aim yourself to global now. MM ranks are a joke(but it's still fun so *shrug*).

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

exethan posted:

110 for both?

add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/e0d9n0b5/

or message me if you're already on my friendos idk your SA -> steam username

CampingCarl posted:

Is there a reliable list of what collections don't drop any more? I see a bunch of otherwise unremarkable skins rise in price and the only reason I can think of is you can trade up into valuable things that don't drop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/comments/3nzjn7/q_what_collections_are_currently_dropping/

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Apogee15 posted:

Yup. I bounce between LEM and Supreme, and don't really use any strategy at all. Just like pre-ban waves you could aim yourself to DMG, you can aim pretty much aim yourself to global now. MM ranks are a joke(but it's still fun so *shrug*).

I got to smfc and then ran into queue groups and got owned so hard it kicked me back down after like 4 games whoopsie doodles can't aim good nuff

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

I solo queued earlier in to a group of three Brazilians and the last guy on our team was Peruvian. That was a new experience.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Do you think adding suppressor durability to the m4s would be a cool idea?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Dongicus posted:

no.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Dongicus posted:

....no?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

it'd be cool because the m4s is a accurate gun where u gotta be precise and preserve ur ammo where its alternative is loud and less accurate and encourages more spammy shots

idk i guess the reduced ammo cap already does that

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Ok

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Dongicus posted:

it'd be cool

no.. nope

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Dongicus posted:

Whats your durability? I wanna see how easily I can stomp you into nothing

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Slumpy posted:

Whats your durability? I wanna see how easily I can stomp you into nothing

I'll help

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Make this game more like Metal Gear. Suppressor durability, music playing helicopters, hiding in boxes with pretty anime girls on them, bikini snipers, dogs with knives, a horse...

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
reskin all player models to look like Quiet

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

yikes salty games ppl

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Dongicus posted:

yikes salty games ppl

:agreed: all these people(if you can even call them that. Noobs more like) not understanding your vision, smdh

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the suppressor durabilty would be cool because it adds more numbers and variables into the game and i loving love discussing the numbers in csgo

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
are u trollin matey. i don't appreciate trolls.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Demostrs posted:

are u trollin matey. i don't appreciate trolls.

*sigh* report and move on....

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
http://www.foxsports.com.au/counterstrike

C9 1-1 with Immunity right now but overpass is next so :rip: Immunity

later VP vs. Renegades and then the final between the winners. Not on lounge not on twitch idk what they were thinking

e: Immunity up 7-3 t side overpass :stare:

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 10, 2015

marlin
Dec 13, 2005

I've read though the thread and searched but didn't see if anyone has started a CS GO team. I'm a gold nova 2 looking to play competitive without having to randomly matchmake and deal with all the derankers and squeekers. Nothing too serious, just have some fun. 170+ wins, 450+ hours

a real slam dunk
Jun 30, 2015

marlin posted:

I've read though the thread and searched but didn't see if anyone has started a CS GO team. I'm a gold nova 2 looking to play competitive without having to randomly matchmake and deal with all the derankers and squeekers. Nothing too serious, just have some fun. 170+ wins, 450+ hours

:vince:

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Stumbletron posted:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/counterstrike

C9 1-1 with Immunity right now but overpass is next so :rip: Immunity

later VP vs. Renegades and then the final between the winners. Not on lounge not on twitch idk what they were thinking

e: Immunity up 7-3 t side overpass :stare:

who the gently caress are these casters?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
australians

at least the crowd is good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Somehow I managed to do this while lagging like a bitch.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

symbolic posted:

Somehow I managed to do this while lagging like a bitch.

I liked the final shot. He just got blown backwards and the noscope.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So Immunity beat C9 2-1 with a 16-3 score on Overpass to boot.

I think the dream is dead, boys.

:911:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I think I'm gonna take a break from this game again. I'm gonna start a new job soon and maybe I'll use my free time to read or something rather than spending like 3 hours a day playing or watching counterstrike and see how that goes. Gonna cut down on the computer time, go outside maybe. I dunno, something. See you guys around, I'll be back at some point in the future. Probably like 3 weeks if I know me.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

I've gotten to the point I just root for VP/NV now and just keep an eye on C9 before they drop out in group stages.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

I've gotten to the point I just root for VP/NV now and just keep an eye on C9 before they drop out in group stages.
Same, except with TSM/G2.Kinguin

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

symbolic posted:

Dead? The dream is back, Australia has a servicable tier 2 team again :angel:

e: Watching Immunity develop as a team over the last 6 months (since they lost Yam & went to Faceit/Gfinity) has been more exciting than the original Vox adventure. I really like them.

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 10, 2015

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
So what about this Team Liquid that stole the Major spot from Immunity, are they any good. I heard Dignitas had a team shuffle and look better these days?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
11-4 inferno T side? Not too bad from Renegades.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

So what about this Team Liquid that stole the Major spot from Immunity, are they any good. I heard Dignitas had a team shuffle and look better these days?
Team Liquid is doing better now that they dropped someone (NAF-FLY?) and picked up Hiko. They have a shot at becoming the second-best NA team.

Dig is also doing seemingly better now since they dropped Nico for schneider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

nftyw posted:

Liquid beat Renegades for the spot and Renegades looked absolutely cooked. Not sure that particular result means much but (I can't believe I'm saying this about a team that still has Adren) Liquid look alright.

Dignitas are still Dignitas, don't get your hopes up

Smol posted:

11-4 inferno T side? Not too bad from Renegades.
RNG once almost lost to the worst iteration of Dignitas from a 12-3 T half

• Locked thread