Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

And there will never be any more madoka magica....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Never say never

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm mad as heck irl rn

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
whoa, did we both just watch the movie at the same time

insane, whoa

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It is now time to make 3000 word posts about the symbolism in Rebellion

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
fuckin' homura, man

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009
AI YO

:shrug:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that's my words on the symbolism in rebellion, ty

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

fuckin' homura, man

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

Namtab posted:

It's me, I'm the symbolism

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this what people mean when they talk about all that fuckin' selfish love poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I still love the last shot of the Kubey starting to feel fear

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Playing the long game just to get what you wanted

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It was a good movie, and would have been better served by having an ending or immediate funding for a sequel

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I still love the last shot of the Kubey starting to feel fear

Yeah that owned

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad bebe was there for all those years of mami's life, to help her hold on to her head

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Homuras va gave a good performance

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'm glad bebe was there for all those years of mami's life, to help her hold on to her head

She kept her head and thus missed nothing

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Bebe...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Came back to eat the cheese

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, go back and watch Homura's part of the transformation sequence now you know what's going on :twisted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah, go back and watch Homura's part of the transformation sequence now you know what's going on :twisted:

It's good and subtle

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thing is, it's not really that bad an ending for everyone apart from Homura, if it weren't for that all it would take to undo everything is Madoka thinking for a couple of seconds.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's only a bad ending for you, the viewer

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

homura owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

this what people mean when they talk about all that fuckin' selfish love poo poo

I don't know that I can really call what Homura did selfish love, I mean it was, but in the end she sacrificed everything she cared about, including Madoka's friendship, just to have her back in the world because she thought that's what Madoka really wanted.

I loved the 'this emotion is mine alone' line, the intensity of a feeling impossible to put in to words.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

epitasis posted:

homura owns

:yeah: She's the best

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't know that I can really call what Homura did selfish love, I mean it was, but in the end she sacrificed everything she cared about, including Madoka's friendship, just to have her back in the world because she thought that's what Madoka really wanted.

I loved the 'this emotion is mine alone' line, the intensity of a feeling impossible to put in to words.

thats cool also because the mixed-media stuff makes the whole world feel like it has yknow images or sensations that are similarly indescribable or of another world

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

littleorv posted:

It's not page 75 yet.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

It's not page 75 yet.

Lord Justice bides his time.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

Rest in piece, Lord justice

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Best part of Rebellion is all the Sayaka x Kyoko stuff
Also the bit with the cake

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Namtab posted:

It was a good movie, and would have been better served by having an ending or immediate funding for a sequel

Whenever we pray for someone's happiness, someone else must be cursed in exchange.

Madoka trilogy put the cork on Kizu. Now we're paying the price.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

littleorv posted:

Lord Justice is attending the philosophy of Madoka class at Tokai University, probably

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I hope he makes lots of friends

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

I hope Ume showed up in a metapod suit

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sakurazuka posted:

It's kinda both selfish and selfless. Yeah it's 100% all about Madoka, but only Homura's somewhat cherrypicked aspects of Madoka.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

I hope he makes lots of friends

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Homura owns in this, but people tend to forget that she is bugfuck insane. So don't expect well thought out decisions from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Homura's actions towards the end as well as her true motivations are awesome, make sense and elevate an already incredible movie to a worthy sequel to the series

I mean, as much as there is to love, without that twist it doesn't feel like a story that really needs to be told. Everything returns to status quo (except Homura gets mercy-killed), it's revealed Kyubi knows about Madoka, the end. It already felt a little cheesy how ALL YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS ARE HERE, EVEN THE DEAD/ASCENDED ONES, but nevermind that. I hope if there's ever a new series/movie (and there better be, we still know fuckall about wraiths and they went to all that effort to make a continuation even make sense), they don't somehow feel obliged to keep everyone around forever. I very much enjoyed how downright mean and relentless the series could get towards its characters (one of the things I also really enjoyed about Fate/Zero), so I hope they keep that up!

...if there's ever a new series :qq:

• Locked thread