Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh, it's not a good cartoon in the least. I agree with what Tomorrow is saying, but he might as well just do an article instead of cramming words into panels.

Isn't it him who said that'd he'd rather be a columnist, but he could get work with a cartoon, or was that someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I actually don't mind TMW that much, but it just has a tendency to be very hit or miss.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Sorry Ward I got you beat by several weeks :smug:

Bonus Trumpy Cat

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Haha, the Savings & Loan crisis. Reminds you just how friggin long TMW has been around.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rorus Raz posted:

I actually don't mind TMW that much, but it just has a tendency to be very hit or miss.

Reminder, TMW made that gun cartoon where the penguin is like "You won, and mass shootings are just the price we pay." It's up there with that onion article about "No way to prevent this says only nation" and Rubin Bolling's fill in the blank. Really those three and the Gun Fantasy from the OP are the only things we need on gun control.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Reminder, TMW made that gun cartoon where the penguin is like "You won, and mass shootings are just the price we pay." It's up there with that onion article about "No way to prevent this says only nation" and Rubin Bolling's fill in the blank. Really those three and the Gun Fantasy from the OP are the only things we need on gun control.

e: I've also been led to believe that way back in the day this was an alt-weekly cartoon instant classic:

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes, that's a good one, but one great and memorable cartoon four years ago doesn't really result in a solid track record.

Lady Naga posted:

Super Obambad Racing.

you bastard

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

e: I've also been led to believe that way back in the day this was an alt-weekly cartoon instant classic:

His stuff does look a lot less ugly somehow if I imagine it shoddily photocopied and shoved into a crappy old newspaper self-serv stand. Just gotta remember that's where he started I guess.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

His stuff does look a lot less ugly somehow if I imagine it shoddily photocopied and shoved into a crappy old newspaper self-serv stand. Just gotta remember that's where he started I guess.
I think someone said the comic started with him clipping old art from ads and such and using that to make the comic. At some point either he ran out of material or just didn't like using other people's art for his comics and started what we have today.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Here have some goddamn cartoons.

This is Bish so I assume he cares 0% about mental health care and wants to protect ARE GUNS.

Holy poo poo, Gorrell did a cartoon.

Headless Horseman is popular theme this year.

:)

Heh, our blocking of every stimulus plan worked.

Smash Bros. got weird.

Part one of your JRRose! Twofer.

Part two of your JRRose! Twofer. This guy really enjoys his paper.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rorus Raz posted:

Part one of your JRRose! Twofer.

Part two of your JRRose! Twofer. This guy really enjoys his paper.

And he got rhinoplasty and a hair replacement procedure done between these two strips

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FACE

IT, I'M A WARMONGER

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Yes, that's a good one, but one great and memorable cartoon four years ago doesn't really result in a solid track record.

Woah, huge slam on Mr. Fish out of nowhere.

Looks like someone's gonna be hearing from Ted Rall's lawyer

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Political cartoons in the news:

"I want to live a safe and clean life, eat gourmet food, go out, wear pretty things, and live a luxurious life… all at the expense of someone else. I have an idea. I'll become a refugee."
More here.

I thought I'd post that one.... It just lacks the Kelly in the lower right pane saying "Refugsplotion"

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

This is Bish so I assume he cares 0% about mental health care and wants to protect ARE GUNS.

The spoon is snugly in the safe position despite the pin being pulled.

He's saying mental health is superfluous.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
The cartoonist doesn't understand how grenades work.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

54.4 crowns posted:

I thought I'd post that one.... It just lacks the Kelly in the lower right pane saying "Refugsplotion"

man that's bush league korner kelly. kelly's would be titled Live Like a Refugee and the korner kelly would be "Tom Petty and the Dealbreakers"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dubya may be going out to campaign in South Carolina for Jeb!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

What's the Japanese equivalent of a crying Lady Liberty?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Doc Hawkins posted:

What's the Japanese equivalent of a crying Lady Liberty?
Wilting chrysanthemum

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rorus Raz posted:

Heh, our blocking of every stimulus plan worked.
It certainly put Zizek on the curb.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Selachian posted:

Dubya may be going out to campaign in South Carolina for Jeb!

That's some brilliant metaphor.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

loving hell.

The idea that Obama violates the constitution and wants to take your guns away is a fairy tale. A Good Cartoon.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

This reminds me of yet another buzzword: "Low-information voters," parroted by people that still think Saddam did 9/11. :cripes:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I think Hell just froze over. I laughed at this and find nothing offensive about it. :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cigarette on the table. Gotta keep those milquetoast burns going

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Tony Abbot is pulling for Jeb? :buddy:

I, too, remember when The Government made it illegal to drive while intoxicated. They broke into my home and confiscated all my liquor, marijuana, and painkillers. What I have now is a mere hallucination, thanks, Obama! :mad:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Yes, the idea that gun control will end in criminals killing all the innocent unarmed people is a fairytale.

loving pulitzer winning hack

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

It certainly put Zizek on the curb.

Poor guy's not just eating out of the garbage can of ideology anymore.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Cigarette on the table. Gotta keep those milquetoast burns going

No pictures of himself or "I <3 ME" coffee mug 4/10

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:suicide:

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Saint Sputnik posted:

Woah, huge slam on Mr. Fish out of nowhere.

I may not have meant to say that, but I unironically agree with it. Mr. Fish toons are (mostly) garbage.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
New Wuerker :allears:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sutton's got to be one of the most up-to-date cartoonists in the entire thread.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Seriously though, who in their right mind would want that job?

edit: actually why would a crazy person want it either, since it's a bunch of boring consensus building.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 10, 2015

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Seriously though, who in their right mind would want that job?

edit: actually why would a crazy person want it either, since it's a bunch of boring consensus building.

1) Time was, it was a prestige position.
2) Second in line for the presidency.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

1) Time was, it was a prestige position.
2) Third in line for the presidency.
ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Second in line after the man himself ie: first in line to replace the sitting president is VP, second is Speaker.

• Locked thread