Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Honestly this game still needs a lot of polish but overall it's still fun and its modern tanks ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think both the tier 1 tanks are fun to play if we are comparing their tier 1 with WoT tier 1. M113 owns.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

why even play this game if you aren't going 80kph at all times

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

What mumble are we using?? Pubbing is awful

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ndub posted:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I do like how they do not punish you as much as wot for going 2fast2furious. However you are not immune, I yoloed off a slope at full speed in my terminator and hosed my tank and killed some bros but in WoT that probably would of been a completely dead tank.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 9, 2015

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

One of my favorite parts of this game is when you fire bullets, they normally go where you want them to. Its a Revolver Ocelot simulator.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Man the Swingfire, while fun, is the complete opposite of the XM800.

Now I'm a slow fucker who needs to stop to shoot, but drat I can shoot so far and accurately.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

What mumble are we using?? Pubbing is awful

read the op

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Valle posted:

Chill man! Give it a month and they'll release the Chinese tanks, and then you can finally get a Type 59! :)

Object 155 is a premium T-54!

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

BadLlama posted:

I do like how they do not punish you as much as wot for going 2fast2furious. However you are not immune, I yoloed off a slope at full speed in my terminator and hosed my tank and killed some bros but in WoT that probably would of been a completely dead tank.

Twice now I've gotten huge air in both the Dragoon and the XM800 and killed my gunner in the former and tracked myself in the XM800, and neither time has it convinced me to stop going as fast as I possibly can.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Kaddion posted:

Twice now I've gotten huge air in both the Dragoon and the XM800 and killed my gunner in the former and tracked myself in the XM800, and neither time has it convinced me to stop going as fast as I possibly can.

I shot and killed the last remaining enemy tank in my Dragoon doing a sick drift going about 80km/h. Goddamn I wish they had replays!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Just got back home and still 3 hours to go on this slow rear end download. How useful is armor in this game, how does slope and thickness compare to WoT?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I was playing a patton just now it happened that i shot another Patton in the side, clear shots from close range at an almost perfect 90* angle. I watched two shots hit it clear in the side, between the tracks and everything, and the shell did nothing. No 'no penetration', no bounced shot, it just did nothing, It's not the first time this has happened. Just standard AP rounds. What gives? The first few times I chalked it up to me missing something game mechanic wise but now I've seen it happen multiple times. If you fire during a lag spike does the game just not register the shot or something?

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 10, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

There is word kicking around that there might be problems with shots and packet loss and things. No official word but people reporting similar things.

Just use autocannons, doesn't matter if one shell de-syncs.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
How does free XP work in this game? I'm halfway through the Sheridan but kind of want to just free XP the rest and move on. If I free XP the rest of the way, how do I unlock the commander I can only get at proven?

Edit: God the loving MBT-70 gun is so bad.

cheese fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 10, 2015

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

cheese posted:

How does free XP work in this game? I'm halfway through the Sheridan but kind of want to just free XP the rest and move on. If I free XP the rest of the way, how do I unlock the commander I can only get at proven?

Edit: God the loving MBT-70 gun is so bad.

Free XP, when spent on or applied to a tank, counts as if you'd gained that XP in a battle. Go wild, FreeXP doesn't lock you out of Proven status or any of the other things associated with that.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This game needs a server-side reticle pronto.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Axetrain posted:

Downloading this now, what is the most recommended MBT line? I'd check their forums but if their anything like the WoT forums then they should be set on fire.

The nice thing about right now is that there are not a lot of tanks in the game currently, so it's not hard to branch out too once you get the tanks you really want.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

BadLlama posted:

Yeah.

Back when I used to play Go Fast tanks in WoT, they were a lot of fun, but you'd always risk throwing a track over the dumbest poo poo.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Tier 5 suuuuuucks right now. Every game will be a tier 6 match with a bunch of MBT70s you cant pen.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

cheese posted:

Tier 5 suuuuuucks right now. Every game will be a tier 6 match with a bunch of MBT70s you cant pen.

Yeah tier 5 is pretty lovely, may just free xp into tier 6.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I invited everyone who asked for an invite to GOON.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Speaking of invites I could go for one of those. Name's Crigit in game.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Confirming that this game is good and cool and fun. Certainly still a little rough around the edges, but still really pleasant to play.

Easy and Medium PvE missions could stand to be a bit more challenging imo, each one I tried so far was a complete turkey shoot. Still pretty fun.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Seems like AW pubbies arn't much different from WoT pubbies...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I assume there's a ton of overlap.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Nordick posted:

Confirming that this game is good and cool and fun. Certainly still a little rough around the edges, but still really pleasant to play.

Easy and Medium PvE missions could stand to be a bit more challenging imo, each one I tried so far was a complete turkey shoot. Still pretty fun.

I dunno. Easy missions most certainly are cake walks. When I queue up for mediums, there's the one where you have to protect a ship by camping the oil silos and I've yet to see a team beat that one.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So far the Leopard 1 has felt a little anemic, I think it's because it doesn't get a HEAT upgrade so every other tier 3 can deal more damage than your cardboard-skinned MBT.

The BMP-1, on the other hand, has been a loving deathmachine.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
So, other than DeutchNozzle, and Haerc, does anyone else tank late at night? TS has been a graveyard every time I get off work and get home. After 1am EST for reference.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

BadLlama posted:

There is word kicking around that there might be problems with shots and packet loss and things. No official word but people reporting similar things.

Just use autocannons, doesn't matter if one shell de-syncs.

Yes because I have had more than one fully dialed in no loving way you can miss this shot in a million years sail off.

RenegadeZombie
Jan 21, 2013
Can I get an invite to one of the groups? Game name is RenegadeZombie.

M41 is too much fun. Zooming around tanks hitting them in their flanks. Just wish it had a bit more armor, seems a bit thin for a MBT.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

some nazi apologist pubbie in that thread posted:

People will burn me for saying this but I for one think when you evaluate a unit on its military capabilities and record, that the SS units deserve as much respect as any other fighting force. Also just because a person was part of an SS unit, didn't mean they subscribed to the what Hitler was doing to the Jewish people. Many soldiers in these front line units just had strong pride in their country and wanted to be part of the most elite fighting forces their country operated. Finally, toward the end of the war, many SS divisions were made up of over 70% conscripts. Conscripts don't have a choice what unit they were assigned you.

Point being, don't ascribe Hitler's horror onto the actually frontline unit fighting the war just because that unit had SS attached as a designation. Most of those guys were just fighting for their country and had very little power to influence or change state policy. People tend to get all caught up in symbolism and forget the realities of the situation.

Edit: This is like saying we shouldn't have units named the Republican Guard because they were Saddam's elite force in Iraq when he was in power or saying we shouldn't have a unit called the 460th Sons of Light Armored Brigade, because Palestinians might be offended due to it being an active Israeli unit with a name that has a religious context. Basically no matter what you do, your going to offend someone, somewhere because their great, great grandson was killed by the unit 75 years ago or some such.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Their great, great grandson was killed 75 years ago? Holy poo poo, how old is this tool?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Inimicul posted:

I dunno. Easy missions most certainly are cake walks. When I queue up for mediums, there's the one where you have to protect a ship by camping the oil silos and I've yet to see a team beat that one.

It's possible to win but the last time I won it was with four other mbts plus me in the M48. Even then I had to pop the PvE consumable so that I would not die.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

ndub posted:

So you can do sick snipes on people going 80+ kph. Seriously, the most magical moment in 50 games with arty was when I was driving the Gvosdika and managed to shotgun a Dragoon-300 that was screaming in at max speed to get himself that arty booty, only for him to get atomised by a hip-fired 122mm dustbin. :haw:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Hardest part about this game is map knowledge, especially in the cities where there's a lot of clutter around.

How does module damage work in this game?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Essentially the same as in WoT, but you actually know when you damage/destroy modules by default.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Played about 10 games so far, I am bad / have no idea what the gently caress yet, seem a bit slow to get a target when I switch to sniper mode also where to go? I'll figure it out.
Also send NA clan invite to FatJesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

NA invite to Sard please

• Locked thread