Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

lelandjs posted:

Is that true? Because if so :drat:

http://deadline.com/2015/04/eddie-huang-fresh-off-the-boat-tweets-1201406604/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ha FTWD had the highest rated first season for a cable show ever. It's gonna be a franchise :unsmigghh:

Also,the fact that they make absolute bank off F/TWD is the reason they can renew extraordinarily low performing shows like Halt and Catch Fire

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

Ha FTWD had the highest rated first season for a cable show ever. It's gonna be a franchise :unsmigghh:

And next season will have Talking Dead after every episode.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

And next season will have Talking Dead after every episode.

Of all their shows.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

We could all use a lot more Chris Hardwick in our lives.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What is that guy famous for again? He's a chef or something, right? Everything I've read about / from him makes him sound like an utter douche.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

What is that guy famous for again? He's a chef or something, right? Everything I've read about / from him makes him sound like an utter douche.

Oh he is an utter douche. But yes, tv chef and for writing the book the show is somewhat based on.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
You guys should read said book, it's just as fun as the show

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

raditts posted:

You say that like being an utter douche isn't a core ingredient of being a popular TV chef.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

X-O posted:

You say that like being an utter douche isn't a core ingredient of being a popular TV chef.

Well yeah, but he seems to be closer to Guy Fieri than Anthony Bourdain on the douche scale.

Besides, Martin Yan still counts as a popular TV chef and he's cool. :colbert:
And Gordon Ramsay seems like he's pretty cool on his shows where he's not a perpetual engine of rage, but he probably has his share of douchiness too.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

raditts posted:

Well yeah, but he seems to be closer to Guy Fieri than Anthony Bourdain on the douche scale.

And Gordon Ramsay seems like he's pretty cool on his shows where he's not a perpetual engine of rage.

Is that Wok with Yan? That guy owns

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Is that Wok with Yan? That guy owns

Maybe? I think his most popular show is Yan Can Cook.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

raditts posted:

Maybe? I think his most popular show is Yan Can Cook.

Maybe this guy's son?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idGvS0pKiC4

Stephen Yan was the guy I was thinking of

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hmm, never heard of that guy before. According to Wikipedia, they're not related, but Martin Yan worked for him once.

Does anyone actually watch Undateable? I remember watching the first couple episodes when it first started and it was terrible, so imagine my surprise at hearing all the radio ads this week about how they're :siren: GOING LIVE ALL SEASON :siren:.

Spoiler alert: it's still terrible, plus the live airing means that every person on the show is tripping all over their lines. I guess it's good for trainwreck viewing, but boy is the writing garbage.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

raditts posted:

And Gordon Ramsay seems like he's pretty cool on his shows where he's not a perpetual engine of rage, but he probably has his share of douchiness too.

I've been to Martin Yan's restaurant and it's a tourist trap garbage place with super expensive food. Eddie Huang's place sells $4 sandwiches.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

raditts posted:

Hmm, never heard of that guy before. According to Wikipedia, they're not related, but Martin Yan worked for him once.

Does anyone actually watch Undateable? I remember watching the first couple episodes when it first started and it was terrible, so imagine my surprise at hearing all the radio ads this week about how they're :siren: GOING LIVE ALL SEASON :siren:.

Spoiler alert: it's still terrible, plus the live airing means that every person on the show is tripping all over their lines. I guess it's good for trainwreck viewing, but boy is the writing garbage.

I saw that. I loved 30 rock but thought the live episodes were so terrible. I cannot stand live audience sitcoms, fraser and seinfeld and 3rd rock were somehow able to escape my hatred by being great.

The ads for undatable Live are so brutal though "You liked it when we did this last year so NOW ITS ALL YOURE GONNA SEE!" intercut with even worse acting than I ever thought possible on a sitcom. Such a stupid idea, but I guess networks are desperate for anything. Trainwreck, to sum it up in a single word.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I saw that. I loved 30 rock but thought the live episodes were so terrible. I cannot stand live audience sitcoms, fraser and seinfeld and 3rd rock were somehow able to escape my hatred by being great.

The ads for undatable Live are so brutal though "You liked it when we did this last year so NOW ITS ALL YOURE GONNA SEE!" intercut with even worse acting than I ever thought possible on a sitcom. Such a stupid idea, but I guess networks are desperate for anything. Trainwreck, to sum it up in a single word.

Ron Funches was on The Indoor Kids podcast recently, and they talked about Undateable. During their talk about they said Undateable is now the longest running sitcom on NBC. That's crazy.

Season one was held until Summer to air, which is usually a sign that it's definitely dead in the water. It's ratings then were horrible too, but it was inexplicably renewed for a second season that aired midseason.

The live episode didn't do any better in the ratings than any of the regular episodes so I don't see why they think it's a good idea to have a season of live episodes? I'm sure there was some social media buzz about the live episode at the time, but that's because it was a one off special. If they do it every week, what's so special?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tibeerius posted:

Has anyone else been watching Best Time Ever?

I've been enjoying it a lot, especially as family-friendly programming

I'm stupidly gay for NPH so yes I've been watching every stupid goofy minute of it. At least I've cut down on Let's Make a Deal... one step at a time :shobon:

If Wayne Brady and NPH starred together in a buddy cop movie, :ohmy:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

RIP

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/minority-report-order-cut-just-829805

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, that article mentions Minority Report was retooled after the pilot. Apparently originally the twin brother was supposed to be missing instead of just being a series regular.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

I wonder what this means for the NYCC panel...

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Speaking of doomed television, now that Hulu has The Player available to watch I've been catching up with it.

I mean, what can I say? Yet another one in The Big Book of poo poo DP Likes. A lot of what seemed dumb and cheesy out of context is kitschy-cool within it. Onward to episode 2!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I need to see the script if it was "the hottest thing" heading into pilot season. Cause the pilot did not exude any of that at all.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DivisionPost posted:

Speaking of doomed television, now that Hulu has The Player available to watch I've been catching up with it.

I mean, what can I say? Yet another one in The Big Book of poo poo DP Likes. A lot of what seemed dumb and cheesy out of context is kitschy-cool within it. Onward to episode 2!

I'm almost through the pilot. Never knew Snipes could kill it this hard, I only know him from the Blade movies. Interacting with the cops pretending to be an FBI guy was great.

Also watched the pilot for the 12 Monkeys show and I'm glad they do time travel this way. I've always wanted it to be just somebody popping out of existence, no big poof or big bright effect(well, with the exception of that machine), just pop and gone one frame later. Very cool. I was sort of hoping they were going to treat superspeed like that on The Flash.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 10, 2015

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Snipes is doing really well on TV. I get subtle hints of Simon Phoenix's sarcasm in the character.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

muscles like this? posted:

Huh, that article mentions Minority Report was retooled after the pilot. Apparently originally the twin brother was supposed to be missing instead of just being a series regular.

Yeah I think Dan Fienberg/Sepinwall on Twitter mentioned some major retooling. It happens more often than people think it would. I think that terrible Bad Judge went through the same thing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I wonder what this means for the NYCC panel...

I'm there and almost want to go to it today. It would be the most amazingly awkward thing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

12 Monkey's is a surprisingly good time travel show, and it also got renewed for season 2.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

GreenNight posted:

That poo poo was about canceled all through it's run.

GreenNight posted:

Blindspot got scripts ordered for it's back 9.

GreenNight posted:

12 Monkey's is a surprisingly good time travel show, and it also got renewed for season 2.

Someone should take away your ' key

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

less laughter posted:

Someone should take away your ' key
What the--?! Grammar errors?! It's... it's not possible! I can't believe that guy doesn't know all the grammar rules such as the comma rule or the rule of threes or the subject/object conjugation conundrum.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Too late, already slitting my wrists.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aint got time to give no gently caress's

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
commas are easy, you just sleep for a while and don't wake up

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Grammer errors are a diamond dozen, not need to slice him up like flaming young over it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Amazon forgot to tell everyone that Red Oaks is now available to Prime members.

I only just rewatched the first episode but I forgot how goddamn great it was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HBO2 is doing a Knick marathon that just started.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

commas are easy, you just sleep for a while and don't wake up

loving lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Kinda jarring, but Scooby's scared face is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is there a thread for amazon made tv shows and are hand of god/the man in the high castle any good?

• Locked thread