Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Hooded Reptile posted:

The republican party is on the ropes , you got donald trump leading ffs. do something

Want me to mix you a whiskey sour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Star Man posted:

I just looked up what krokodil was and JESUS loving CHRIST

Yeah, uh, don't do this. Don't ever do this.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

euphronius posted:

How close are we to USAian and Russian troops shooting at each other. It feels like it's getting closer.

Not as close as in Kosovo or Georgia

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Did Russia ever fix it's counter-terrorism program, or is the strategy still to just shoot the hostage?
And then burn down the town the hostage was from.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rent-A-Cop posted:

And then burn down the town the hostage was from.

Worked for the Romans....

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Cabbit posted:

Yeah, uh, don't do this. Don't ever do this.

It's not that bad.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Star Man posted:

I just looked up what krokodil was and JESUS loving CHRIST

Now do a google image search.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A Winner is Jew posted:

Worked for the Romans....

Don't y'all wanna get down with cheburashka and krokodil Gena?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The Pittsburgh Post Gazette ran an interesting article today about a local gay couple. One adopted the other in order to approximate some of the legal protections that marriage offers, and now they're screwed.

quote:

But they’re facing one of their biggest challenges now, just as couples like them have gained the right to marry. Because there’s a complication: While they’ve been partners for 45 years, they’ve been father and son for the past three.

Mr. Esposito, who is 78, adopted 68-year-old Mr. Bosee in 2012. In the days before same-sex marriage was legal, some gay and lesbian couples took that step to give their relationship a legal stature they were otherwise denied. And while Mr. Esposito and Mr. Bosee never thought they’d be apart, they also never believed the law would let them be together.

“We thought never in our lifetime — or in 20 lifetimes — would same-sex marriage happen,” said Mr. Bosee.

It did, of course. But while same-sex couples can get married, parents and children cannot. And when the couple petitioned Allegheny County Judge Lawrence O’Toole to dissolve the adoption this summer, he ruled the state’s adoption law didn’t allow him to do so.

Adult adoptions have long been used for purposes like assuring inheritance rights, or formalizing ties to stepchildren. For same-sex couples, it also provided legal rights they couldn’t obtain any other way. While it’s impossible to gauge how often adoption has been used for that purpose, those who’ve done so include famed civil rights activist Bayard Rustin.

It often wasn’t an easy choice. “The sad part is many people were driven to adoption for fear that the significance of their relationship would be challenged by other family members,” said American University law professor Nancy Polikoff.

“We’ve never had an issue with bigotry,” said Mr. Bosee. He and Mr. Esposito “almost go out of our way not to raise flags” about their sexual orientation, he added, joking they’d come out to loved ones “by osmosis.”

They decided to pursue adoption in 2012, when they were revising their wills and the cost of
discrimination became clear. Inheritance tax is 4 percent when a bequest is made to a family member, but 15 percent for property bequeathed to non-relatives.

Beyond the money, said Mr. Esposito, “We felt we lacked a family of our own. That was mainly what it was about.”

While the men had to provide testimonials that adoption was in Mr. Bosee’s best interest, they said the process was simple. It was only afterwards that things got complicated.

:smith:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

HappyHippo posted:

Google did it for me in the web search.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

HappyHippo posted:

Was krokodil the flesh eating one or the mega benzo that lasted for a week?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

euphronius posted:

How close are we to USAian and Russian troops shooting at each other. It feels like it's getting closer.

Getting closer and closer, day after day - for years.

Zeno's Anxiety

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
Is there any chance of Mary Landrieu going for vitters seat when he runs for governor? I miss her.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

DemeaninDemon posted:

Flesh eating.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DemeaninDemon posted:

The former

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax

DemeaninDemon posted:

latter = phenazepam

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
the joose is loose

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

the joose is loose

*blacks out for a week, wakes up with a wrecked car, a lost job, and five new pianos*

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax

Captain_Maclaine posted:

*blacks out for a week, wakes up with a wrecked car, a lost job, and five new pianos*

always with the piano meme. was there actually a tcc goon who bought multiple pianos under the influence?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Cabbit posted:

Flesh eating.

My apologies. I get my ultra hardcore drugs confused.

Also I dunno about pianos but the one who totally destroyed his life was funny poo poo.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

gameFAQsspinoffETI posted:

was there actually a tcc goon who bought multiple pianos under the influence?
Yup.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Mother Jones just won a lawsuit defending against defamation charges stemming from a GOP bundler who wanted to hide his history of homophobia.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I thought it was only a single grand piano?

W/e funny either way

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
Lmao, anyone have a link?

Edit: Also someone please tell me Landrieu will try to replace vitter

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

always with the piano meme. was there actually a tcc goon who bought multiple pianos under the influence?

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Oh Jesus. I had exactly two beers with some eyeballed phenaz on Sunday night. All I remember is hanging out with my roommate, listening to music, and playing video games.

I don't remember this, but I woke up from my benzo sleep for a little while on Monday morning (8:30, according to my computer) and went on eBay. I used the Buy It Now option for an Apple 3GS 16GB unlocked/jailbroken iPhone for $700!! gently caress! It looks like I didn't pay for it, though (or maybe I tried to and didn't have enough in my account), so I'm going to try and get out of it.

iPhones are sorta cool and it makes sense that I'd want one, but I also placed a $50$100.00 bid on a Vose & Sons Antique Grand Upright Piano and only lost because it wasn't enough for the reserve. Yeah. I've never known how to play an instrument in my life, don't have room for a piano, and a million other reasons why that bid was a bad idea.

Apparently, after placing those bids, I went back to sleep for another 8 or 9 hours.

I really can't get over how supremely retarded all of this was. And the topper is that the phenaz afterglow lasts so long that I didn't realize any of this until 36 hours after it happened!

Things only go down hill from there.

Lmao, anyone have a link?

Edit: Also someone please tell me Landrieu will try to replace vitter

The first Joose thread.
The second.

But as fun as this is, we should probably derail no further.

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Things only go down hill from there.

The first Joose thread.
The second.

But as fun as this is, we should probably derail no further.

lmfao!! haha thanks

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Apparently this weekend is a big open carry protest against mosques and Muslim communities.

Oh, America, you assholes.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Frank VanderSloot is a homophobic pedophilia apologist.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Apparently this weekend is a big open carry protest against mosques and Muslim communities.

Yeah, saw on the news earlier today that someone's gonna go into Dearborn and protest the existence of Muslims or something. It's dumb and embarrassing.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Did Russia ever fix it's counter-terrorism program, or is the strategy still to just shoot the hostage?

something something death solves all problems, etc

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Ofaloaf posted:

Yeah, saw on the news earlier today that someone's gonna go into Dearborn and protest the existence of Muslims or something. It's dumb and embarrassing.

The mosque dudes should greet them with firearms and invite them all to the nearest shooting range.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

You can't just protest liberal gun control, you have to also insult the Muslim community that helped build the car industry.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/10/06/3709728/american-muslims-brace-for-protests/

quote:

A similar page for a protest in Charleston, South Carolina calls Islam an “evil cult,” and a Kentucky-based group asks “fellow Patriots, Veterans, Bikers, Rednecks and Good Ol Boys” to join them outside a local Muslim community center, along with supporters in other “open carry states."

So basically a heavily-armed Klan meeting with camos instead of white hoods?

quote:

The Global Rally for Humanity Facebook page includes several videos from Jon Ritzheimer, a former U.S. Marine who helped organize the Phoenix protest. In one video, Ritzheimer calls for supporters to rally outside of “any Muslim establishment” on October 10 — including CAIR buildings — before holding up a Quran and shooting a hole through it with a handgun. He posted a similar video to YouTube in July, where he ranted about the tragic murders in Chattanooga, Tennessee at the hands of a Muslim man. He then placed a copy of the Quran on the desert floor and shot it multiple times with a semi-automatic weapon and a handgun.

“And of course I’m going to tell everybody to utilize your Second Amendment [rights while attending the rallies], in case we come under that much-anticipated attack,” Ritzheimer says in one of his videos. “I’m an atheist, but there’s one religion out there that’s continuing its attack against humanity — Islam.”

What a xenophobic child. He's openly begging for some non-existent extremist to show up and attack him so he can act out his demented murder fantasy.

This guy really needs professional help.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

DemeaninDemon posted:

The mosque dudes should greet them with firearms and invite them all to the nearest shooting range.

I don't think anything but the joy of shooting apart an old washing machine could bring these people together

It just might work, you never know

I will start the Society For Peace and Understanding Through Violence Against Decommissioned Appliances

...SPUTVADA

need a better acronym

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/10/06/3709728/american-muslims-brace-for-protests/

What a xenophobic child. He's openly begging for some non-existent extremist to show up and attack him so he can act out his demented murder fantasy.

Hope that city has ordinances against unlawful discharges of firearms!!!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Monkey Fracas posted:

I don't think anything but the joy of shooting apart an old washing machine could bring these people together

I will start the Society For Peace and Understanding Through Violence Against Decommissioned Appliances

...SPUTVADA

need a better acronym

Peace and Understanding By Wasting Ammo?

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

The Glumslinger posted:

Peace and Understanding By Wasting Ammo?

Peace By Utilizing Handguns

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Monkey Fracas posted:

...SPUTVADA

need a better acronym

I don't know, that sounds like a legitimate name for a festival involving open carry and krokodil.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Maybe they will do opiates and cook to death in their cars. You have to stay positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I showed this story to my husband today. Turns out he knew this guy when they were kids. My mother-in-law hated him and he looked like a little dork in his elementary school year book photo.

• Locked thread