Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I'm switching up my pure shaddoll to clowns and at the same time building a side deck for the first time (not too sure exactly what to put in the side mainly).

Maindeck:

1x BLS
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Denko Sekka
2x Shaddoll Beast
1x Shaddoll Dragon
2x Shaddoll Squamata
2x Shaddoll Hedgehog
2x Shaddoll Falco
3x Performage Damage Juggler
2x Performage Hat Tricker
1x Performage Trick Clown
2x Mathematician
3x Maxx "C"
2x Effect Veiler

3x Instant Fusion
1x Raigeki
2x Shaddoll Fusion
3x El Shaddoll Fusion
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon

1x Shaddoll Core
1x Vanity's Emptiness
2x Mistake

Total: 40

Extra Deck:

3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Winda
1x El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis
1x El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
2x Elder Entity Norden
1x Star Eater
1x Number 104: Masquerade
1x Performage Trapeze Magician
1x Castel
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Daigusto Emeral

Total: 15

Side Deck:

3x Artifact Lancea (RBs and Kozmo)
3x Flying "C" (BA and Tellars)
3x MST (staple)
3x Fairy Wind (Qliphorts)
3x Royal Decree (not sure about these)

If anyone has suggestions or fixes I'd super appreciate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

BurritoJustice posted:

I'm switching up my pure shaddoll to clowns and at the same time building a side deck for the first time (not too sure exactly what to put in the side mainly).

Maindeck:

1x BLS
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Denko Sekka
2x Shaddoll Beast
1x Shaddoll Dragon
2x Shaddoll Squamata
2x Shaddoll Hedgehog
2x Shaddoll Falco
2x Mathematician
3x Maxx "C"
2x Effect Veiler

3x Instant Fusion
1x Raigeki
2x Shaddoll Fusion
3x El Shaddoll Fusion
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon

1x Shaddoll Core
1x Vanity's Emptiness
2x Mistake

Extra Deck:

3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Winda
2x Elder Entity Norden
1x Star Eater
1x Castel
1x Daigusto Emeral

Side Deck:

3x MST (staple)

infernoids are probably going to get popular so some retaliating c's might be useful instead of the 3 royal decrees

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Quincytbb posted:

infernoids are probably going to get popular so some retaliating c's might be useful instead of the 3 royal decrees

Haha oh man I hadn't thought about how good chaining retaliating "c" to monster gate or reasoning would be. That is basically a win condition. They're going in for sure.

Only thing I'm unsure about now is ratios in my main, mainly with the clowns and instant fusions etc.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^Honestly, just depends on your style

Also, HOLY poo poo!:

Solemn Notice

quote:

When a monster(s) would be Special Summoned, OR a monster effect is activated: Pay 1500 LP; negate the Special Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Instant 3 of Staple. How long will this card see play until it is hit?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wow guess Divine Wrath's been told where to go.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

TCG is a scary place to be when OCG is designing cards based on a format where Harpie's Feather Duster is legal.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Solemn Notice is what the OCG needs right now TBH. A generic, splashable way to stop Pendulum summons in their tracks.

Hjalmar posted:

TCG is a scary place to be when OCG is designing cards based on a format where Harpie's Feather Duster is legal.

Maybe if TCG would actually come out with a loving banlist instead of this 'flexible banlist' bullshit they're pushing.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

That would be a smart thing and something the community would like

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Which is why KoA won't do it. They hate their players for some reason.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Which is why KoA won't do it. They hate their players for some reason.

From the MTG and Yugioh players I've encountered I can think of several reasons.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Hellsau posted:

From the MTG and Yugioh players I've encountered I can think of several reasons.

Fair point, tbh.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
Hope you guys got your Farmgirls while you had a chance.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Hellsau posted:

Tragically, these things don't apply to just TCGs either. Probably why pachinko machines seemed like a more lucrative business.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'd be genuinely surprised if the pachislot market didn't have more than its fair share of smelly, angry weirdos.

Tewart doesn't seem to understand the game on a fundamental level and that's got to be hurting numbers somewhere. I hear high-level tournament play is seeing record lows? Something's got to click eventually.

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
I don't know if that's actually true. YCS Dallas this year was bigger than the one last year, and the NA WCQ was one of the highest attended ones ever, as far as I know.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
People can't get enough of their Solitare Calvinball.

At least not until they start playing Force of Will instead.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

We should be getting full BOSH spoilers within the next day or two.

I'm super excited. I haven't been this eager to get my hands on a new set in a long time.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

Maindeck:

1x BLS
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Denko Sekka
2x Shaddoll Beast
1x Shaddoll Dragon
2x Shaddoll Squamata
2x Shaddoll Hedgehog
2x Shaddoll Falco
2x Mathematician
3x Maxx "C"
2x Effect Veiler

3x Instant Fusion
1x Raigeki
2x Shaddoll Fusion
3x El Shaddoll Fusion
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon

1x Shaddoll Core
1x Vanity's Emptiness
2x Mistake

Extra Deck:

3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Winda
2x Elder Entity Norden
1x Star Eater
1x Castel
1x Daigusto Emeral

Side Deck:

3x MST (staple)

I can tell you right now that denko sekka mained isn't all that great an idea until Nekroz is no longer the best deck. They will hardly EVER set backrow unless they are playing a single vanity's emptiness. Consider 3 squamata as it sends everything in your deck to grave (including core, which is important to get back fusion spells for spun/bounced fusions) that you want except the clowns (which you should totally have a third mathematician for)

3 mst over royal decree, you should already have 2 denko sekka in side, which is stronger than decree.

honestly retaliating C is not only good versus infernoid in some cases, but is also stronger against nekroz and the mirror. in fact, if infernoids side in chaos hunter, and they hit chaos hunter off their reasoning when you retaliating C them, you do NOT banish their cards. something important to note.

side iron wall for ritual beasts and kozmo over lancea, unless you were playing the artifact variant, which, despite having only 1 moralltach, is still quite strong. some people dislike iron wall because you can't banish your clowns, but I honestly feel like the shaddoll/connie group can just take care of the rest while you have it up.

consider siding mistake and maybe taking out 1 instant fusion and 1 norden. you're really only going to go into him once. if they maxx "C" the instant fusion you can just go into winda.

I'm not sure how often you go into masquerade, but definitely find a diamond crab king (if you're in the right region for it) over a star eater. if you're not in NA, disregard. I know how KoE doesn't like to get manga cards until like years later.

consider breakthrough skill in the main deck as it can shut off unicore, which is your REAL problem in the nekroz matchup. also some people complain about the 3rd shaddoll fusion, but I'd honestly run it. there have been so many games where I wanted to see one but only ran 5. (or the arg format which forces you to run 5)

everything else looks normal/typical.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

I can tell you right now that denko sekka mained isn't all that great an idea until Nekroz is no longer the best deck. They will hardly EVER set backrow unless they are playing a single vanity's emptiness. Consider 3 squamata as it sends everything in your deck to grave (including core, which is important to get back fusion spells for spun/bounced fusions) that you want except the clowns (which you should totally have a third mathematician for)

3 mst over royal decree, you should already have 2 denko sekka in side, which is stronger than decree.

honestly retaliating C is not only good versus infernoid in some cases, but is also stronger against nekroz and the mirror. in fact, if infernoids side in chaos hunter, and they hit chaos hunter off their reasoning when you retaliating C them, you do NOT banish their cards. something important to note.

side iron wall for ritual beasts and kozmo over lancea, unless you were playing the artifact variant, which, despite having only 1 moralltach, is still quite strong. some people dislike iron wall because you can't banish your clowns, but I honestly feel like the shaddoll/connie group can just take care of the rest while you have it up.

consider siding mistake and maybe taking out 1 instant fusion and 1 norden. you're really only going to go into him once. if they maxx "C" the instant fusion you can just go into winda.

I'm not sure how often you go into masquerade, but definitely find a diamond crab king (if you're in the right region for it) over a star eater. if you're not in NA, disregard. I know how KoE doesn't like to get manga cards until like years later.

consider breakthrough skill in the main deck as it can shut off unicore, which is your REAL problem in the nekroz matchup. also some people complain about the 3rd shaddoll fusion, but I'd honestly run it. there have been so many games where I wanted to see one but only ran 5. (or the arg format which forces you to run 5)

everything else looks normal/typical.

Since that post I've changed a few things after playing around with it. I've taken out book and foolish and gone to three math. I played with two instants but ended up keeping it at three, because I abuse noden so heavily and being able to instant a winda is both useful to pull a fusion from the grave or to just get a shaddoll out to fuse with when you get a brick clown hand. I'm also trying out three trick clown, which I am unsure of. It helps when you need to damage juggler search a light for a construct and your other clown is tied up, but it is super cloggy when you draw into both as it is OPT. I'm probably going to drop it again for a third squamata or foolish.

I definitely agree with you on the Denko's, I am going to grab a second one and move it to the side. I've changed the royal decrees for retaliating "C", and I need to decide which three-of side deck cards I drop to two-of to fit in the two denko's in the side (looking like fairy wind and mst rn but I am 0% sure so input is helpful). I keep the mistakes and tking in the main because they are what I would be definitely siding in against Nekroz, and as I'm mostly likely to be playing Nekroz I keep them in the main. They're the first things I'm going to side out for other decks.

I'm based in Aus, so as much as I would love to use Number 52, Star Eater is my only real out.

I'm using Lancea right now purely because I love going for sacky otk clown combos. It is really the tradeoff of longer lasting lockdown versus freedom in my turn. I've bought some iron walls and I'll gently caress around with them at locals this weekend.

I'm definitely not tied to masquerade. I go into it the least of the XYZ's, but I do like it in the as security versus hand traps. Can never feel safe attacking these days even without backrow. Other things I'm considering are Abyss Dweller and 101. Abyss gives easy R4 access to Anoyatyllis for the Nekroz matchup (though I do have noden for this too), and it counters the mirror and BA hard. 101 is easy non-destructive removal for when I've already used my Castel to spin a continuous s/t. I've also experimented with being controversial and going for one Winda, I barely ever go into the second and I can recycle it easily with Daigusto Emeral. Extra deck space is pretty tight as it always is with dolls.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yo, question here:

I used to play Yugioh way back when it first came out and have since lost interest. Constructed as it stands just generally isn't doing it for me and that jazz, but I've read up that people have made Yugioh cube drafts, which does hit my interest. Is there any way to easily play these sorts of cubes online or is it just limited to knowing a guy at a game shop that's made a cube?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What's a cube in this context?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dexie posted:

A constructed block of cards that are drafted among a group.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dexie posted:

Basically a pool of cards put together by someone for the sake of drafting. I really enjoy drafting in general and from what I've been told, most Yugioh sets generally aren't enjoyable, so I was wonder about potential cubes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ramos posted:

Basically a pool of cards put together by someone for the sake of drafting. I really enjoy drafting in general and from what I've been told, most Yugioh sets generally aren't enjoyable, so I was wonder about potential cubes.

Yugioh Sets aren't designed around the concept of limited play like MTG is. So you'll have monsters come out that simply aren't usable unless you were using cards in a previous set. They do have sealed events for every new set release, but it's always 20 card minimum decks.

They have specific sets made for drafting, the Battle Pack sets.

And I am aware of people having MADE cubes, but nothing wide spread

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1174260

Not sure how updated this thread is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Whoa, Satellite Cannon Falcon loving sucks. Thanks, Konami.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

VJeff posted:

What'd you expect? Raidraptors as a whole have been a very specific archetype.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Senerio posted:

What'd you expect? Raidraptors as a whole have been a very specific archetype.

Something at least as good as Revolution Falcon?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

It's a Feather Duster that your opponent can't respond to the activation of.

That's pretty drat good when you're pushing for game.

Edit: It wipes out Pendulums as well and you can Xyz Universe to make it on your opponent's turn, so you can sort of use it to counter Pendulum based decks.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 13, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

Something at least as bad as Revolution Falcon?

Ftfy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hey let's talk about the new archetype in Wing Raiders, the Chouryou/Supermassive, seen lower on this page: http://ygorganization.com/itsmorphintime/

They're a Super Sentai/Power Rangers deck and that makes me stupidly happy. :allears:

Judging from the revealed cards, they consist of level 5 Machines (the actual rangers) that Xyz into rank 5 Machines (their zords/mecha). The Xyz monsters get bonuses to their effects if the matching color of ranger is attached to it (because they're piloting it!), and oh by the way THEY HAVE A MEGAZORD XYZ THAT IS RANK 12.

I'm am so incredibly excited for this deck. November is too long a wait for this set. :swoon:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

Since that post I've changed a few things after playing around with it. I've taken out book and foolish and gone to three math. I played with two instants but ended up keeping it at three, because I abuse noden so heavily and being able to instant a winda is both useful to pull a fusion from the grave or to just get a shaddoll out to fuse with when you get a brick clown hand. I'm also trying out three trick clown, which I am unsure of. It helps when you need to damage juggler search a light for a construct and your other clown is tied up, but it is super cloggy when you draw into both as it is OPT. I'm probably going to drop it again for a third squamata or foolish.

I definitely agree with you on the Denko's, I am going to grab a second one and move it to the side. I've changed the royal decrees for retaliating "C", and I need to decide which three-of side deck cards I drop to two-of to fit in the two denko's in the side (looking like fairy wind and mst rn but I am 0% sure so input is helpful). I keep the mistakes and tking in the main because they are what I would be definitely siding in against Nekroz, and as I'm mostly likely to be playing Nekroz I keep them in the main. They're the first things I'm going to side out for other decks.

I'm based in Aus, so as much as I would love to use Number 52, Star Eater is my only real out.

I'm using Lancea right now purely because I love going for sacky otk clown combos. It is really the tradeoff of longer lasting lockdown versus freedom in my turn. I've bought some iron walls and I'll gently caress around with them at locals this weekend.

I'm definitely not tied to masquerade. I go into it the least of the XYZ's, but I do like it in the as security versus hand traps. Can never feel safe attacking these days even without backrow. Other things I'm considering are Abyss Dweller and 101. Abyss gives easy R4 access to Anoyatyllis for the Nekroz matchup (though I do have noden for this too), and it counters the mirror and BA hard. 101 is easy non-destructive removal for when I've already used my Castel to spin a continuous s/t. I've also experimented with being controversial and going for one Winda, I barely ever go into the second and I can recycle it easily with Daigusto Emeral. Extra deck space is pretty tight as it always is with dolls.

you definitely want dweller and emeral. emeral is important when you go through all of your constructs, which can happen a lot in the kozmo matchup. dweller is for grave stuff like BA and the mirror, also anoyatillis.

stick to 1 (max 2 if you really like it) trick clown. it kinda sucks to draw them sometimes.

foolish is definitely a staple, I'd find room for it.

yeah if you don't see yourself going into masquerade a lot you can drop it. you can el shaddoll through nekroz of valkyrus so you don't need to commit 3 level 4s to just get through valk.

keep 2 winda as you're not always going to see light monsters and winda is the next best thing to make when you have anoyatillis out. (shekinaga being the first so they can't go into an R4 to deal with anoyatillis)

MST > fairy wind, but I mained 2 shaddoll dragon for a regional last weekend and it hardly bothered me as the flip effect came in handy a lot. thus I felt like I didn't need it for the qliphort MU.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

THEY HAVE A MEGAZORD XYZ THAT IS RANK 12.

SEE THIS poo poo KONAMI
MORE OF THIS poo poo THANK YOU.

Also I will totally run fu-rin-ka-zan with Super sentai cards.
Don't look at me like that you know as well as I do what types they're gonna be.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 13, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

SEE THIS poo poo KONAMI
MORE OF THIS poo poo THANK YOU.

Also I will totally run fu-rin-ka-zan with Super sentai cards.
Don't look at me like that you know as well as I do what types they're gonna be.

Lemme just go and look that up...

:stare:

...okay, yeah, that could be a fun thing to try out.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I can't wait for the Chouryou/Kaiju matchups :allears:

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Brilliant fusion searches bujin hiroko and flash knight at the same time it gives you a normal summon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lisandra_brave posted:

Brilliant fusion searches bujin hiroko and flash knight at the same time it gives you a normal summon.

Okay, you're going to have to explain how it searches those because I'm not seeing it.

EDIT: https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7478

It's beautiful. :swoon:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 13, 2015

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Dexie posted:

Hey let's talk about the new archetype in Wing Raiders, the Chouryou/Supermassive, seen lower on this page: http://ygorganization.com/itsmorphintime/

They're a Super Sentai/Power Rangers deck and that makes me stupidly happy. :allears:

Judging from the revealed cards, they consist of level 5 Machines (the actual rangers) that Xyz into rank 5 Machines (their zords/mecha). The Xyz monsters get bonuses to their effects if the matching color of ranger is attached to it (because they're piloting it!), and oh by the way THEY HAVE A MEGAZORD XYZ THAT IS RANK 12.

I'm am so incredibly excited for this deck. November is too long a wait for this set. :swoon:

10 year old me is having a heart attack, this is more perfect than I ever could have imagined. :allears:

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Dexie posted:

Okay, you're going to have to explain how it searches those because I'm not seeing it.

Gem-Knight Seraphinite
1 gem-knight monster+1 light monster

Gem-Knight Lazuli
If this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect: You can target 1 normal monster in your graveyard; Add that target to your hand.

So, brilliant fusion dump flash/hiroko+Lazuli, get seraphinite, get hiroko/flash knight. It also tuns brilliant fusion into a usable +1.

e: or you could just dump trick clown off brilliant. Brilliant is a nice card.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 14, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Oh. I thought you meant it could search both at once. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

quote:

Ryuukenshi Master Pendulum / Master Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
Light Dragon / Pendulum
PS3 LV4 1950/0
Pendulum Effect:
(1) You can target 1 card in either player’s Pendulum Zone; destroy it. You can only use this effect once while this card is face-up in the Pendulum Zone.
Flavor:
Iunno come back later

Gouryuukenshi Dynaster P / (Dynaster/Dinoster) P, the Powerful Dracoslayer
Water Dragon / Fusion / Effect
LV8 2000/2950
1 “Dracoslayer” Pendulum Monster + 1 Pendulum Monster
Musts first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by Tributing the above cards you control. (You do not use “Polymerization”.)
(1) Pendulum Monster Cards in your Monster Zone and Pendulum Zones cannot be destroyed by battle or your opponent’s card effects.
(2) Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 “Dracoslayer” Pendulum Monster from your hand or Graveyard, but it cannot be used as a Fusion Material.

The new pendulum is a normal pendulum that's also light. Brilliant fusion searches it.
The new fusion is really nice too. Summoning from grave means that it gets back XYZ materials you've used for something like majester pendulum.

• Locked thread