Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ruffz posted:

I finally got this poo poo to reinstall after downloading at 250kb/s and below for like a day and a half. Logged off after about 5 minutes when I realized I had no idea how to play my Mesmer anymore. Looks like I need to set aside a few hours just to look at the skill menu.

Use any dyes in your bank and then hop on all of you alts so it'll consolidate your cash monies and also give you anniversary junk. How often do character slots go on sale? Like that's the primary thing that has me interested in preordering or even getting any boxes besides base of the expansion, but if the expansion box'll be down to 30 in a year and every few months character slots cost 4 bucks it's really not worth shelling out 70 for 2-3 slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

So as someone who missed the living story stuff, whats involved if I were to purchase it? Is it something you can do on your own or do you need a group? I've accumulated so much Bloodstone dust I want to look at crafting Mawdrey and apparently I need a chapter from the living story to do it?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

trunkh posted:

So as someone who missed the living story stuff, whats involved if I were to purchase it? Is it something you can do on your own or do you need a group? I've accumulated so much Bloodstone dust I want to look at crafting Mawdrey and apparently I need a chapter from the living story to do it?

You can do it yourself; it's like personal story.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Illuyankas posted:

If they could make minigames where the glider controls like the plane in Diddy Kong Racing then we'd be talking

As long as it plays this music.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

trunkh posted:

You can do it yourself but there's a few instances in it with bosses that are a massive pain to do by yourself. It's definitely possible to do them alone though and if you can get even one more person to help you out that makes them pretty easy.

PsycheNotFound
Sep 30, 2015

by Lowtax

treizebee posted:

The best and most fun fights I've ever had in gw2 WvW happened in the OS puzzle during the 4 months after launch. People queued EBG not to fight in stonemist, but to get access to the OS portals. The borderland puzzles also had some great flashpoint fights.

But yeah that is true, the new borderlands took too many bad aspects from EOTM. :(

At launch it was definitely great, and for the months following. I lost interest in GW2 shortly after and left for a while, coming back only this year. I'm not on Maguuma currently - Yak's Bend actual although I played prior to the apparent T1 guilds transferring down to Yak's to inevitably bring it up into T1. Might have just hit a slow period and didn't give WvW enough time. I also did spend a good amount of time in EotM since someone somewhere told me I needed to hit rank 230 before I was useful in WvW and EotM was the way to go for fast leveling. I'm not a dedicated GW2 player by far, but I've burned out on PVE in any shape or form in MMOs and GW2 looks to be my best choice for fantasy-based large scale PvP.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Is it possible to replay a single story instance of LS2? Because I only found a button to replay a whole episode, and doing that several times to get all the achievements is...

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Nektu posted:

Is it possible to replay a single story instance of LS2? Because I only found a button to replay a whole episode, and doing that several times to get all the achievements is...

Once you press play on the story chapter you wanna replay you'll see purple story instances of the ones where there's achieves that you can go do directly. They show up on the world map and mini map as long as you have the relevant LS2 chapter selected.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Coolness Averted posted:

How often do character slots go on sale? Like that's the primary thing that has me interested in preordering or even getting any boxes besides base of the expansion, but if the expansion box'll be down to 30 in a year and every few months character slots cost 4 bucks it's really not worth shelling out 70 for 2-3 slots.

The expansion's already been on sale on Amazon and probably a few other places for ~$25, just gotta keep your eyes peeled

I still haven't bought or preordered HoT. Nothing has really grabbed me, not for the price of the expansion at least. Maybe I just need another break

Unlikely for those reading this thread but I wonder if I'm the only one here who logs in (when I remember to) for the chest, has a pang of ennui and logs out again immediately after

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Illuyankas posted:

If they could make minigames where the glider controls like the plane in Diddy Kong Racing then we'd be talking

Catsworth posted:

As long as it plays this music.

Both of you are lovely people, that was a nice trip down memory lane.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

So I've been more or less unable to play the game since some point in June, due to absolutely insane ping spikes. I figured it was an ISP issue or a patch issue, and just kind of forgot about GW2 for a while. It is still an issue, though, as you can see. I checked the forums, and apparently there have been a lot of latency issues, but the kind of people who complain on official forums are completely void of information, and there's been basically no response from ANet, either.

I ran several traceroutes, but all they seem to indicate is that my base latency almost entirely comes from a lovely Telia server in Sweden:

The single 400 ms spike was literally the worst lag spike in 30+ traceroutes.

Do any of you computer smart goons know what could be going on? It seems like nobody in the thread has been having this issue.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Well lovely peering will do this to you, you may want to consider using a VPN.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Kajeesus posted:

So I've been more or less unable to play the game since some point in June, due to absolutely insane ping spikes. I figured it was an ISP issue or a patch issue, and just kind of forgot about GW2 for a while. It is still an issue, though, as you can see. I checked the forums, and apparently there have been a lot of latency issues, but the kind of people who complain on official forums are completely void of information, and there's been basically no response from ANet, either.

I ran several traceroutes, but all they seem to indicate is that my base latency almost entirely comes from a lovely Telia server in Sweden:

The single 400 ms spike was literally the worst lag spike in 30+ traceroutes.

Do any of you computer smart goons know what could be going on? It seems like nobody in the thread has been having this issue.

The only way I know of dealing with bad hubs when connecting to distant places was to run through a VPN/proxy so you can mess with the pathing. I'm not sure how euro ISP's work though; maybe you could call them and possibly get routed differently? The easiest method of a VPN fix now would probably be WTFAST, though I've heard both good and bad things about it. The "art" also looks like the guy drew everything in high school math class

Somewhat related, I also had issues with the downloading portion of gw2 (probably has no effect ingame), which I was able to resolve by following this:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/93290408-Problems-Downloading-or-Patching

and GW2 has it's own traceroute tool which probably does the same thing as a cmd line via this:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27698133-Connectivity

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Jerkops posted:

Unlikely for those reading this thread but I wonder if I'm the only one here who logs in (when I remember to) for the chest, has a pang of ennui and logs out again immediately after

That's how I felt for a while, but then my friends started playing again and we had a lot of fun with the beta weekend. Now I'm having fun leveling a necromancer even when I'm playing solo.

If nothing's grabbing you, take a break. It's not like you're losing out on a subscription fee!

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

ruffz posted:

I finally got this poo poo to reinstall after downloading at 250kb/s and below for like a day and a half. Logged off after about 5 minutes when I realized I had no idea how to play my Mesmer anymore. Looks like I need to set aside a few hours just to look at the skill menu.

This seems to happen a lot with people returning to the game. Honestly the best thing you can do is just play. Run around a map and do some hearts, or do some world bosses, or even jump into some pvp (pull a build from metabattle.com). Don't overthink it, just play and the details will work themselves out over time.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I just noticed they posted some new post-BWE3 dragonhunter changes.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/guardian/Dragonhunter-updates-post-BWE3-launch

Highlights include giving spear of justice a pull and traps are now instant and give you boons when triggered. Fragments of faith is now a stun breaker as well.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

GI_Clutch posted:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/guardian/Dragonhunter-updates-post-BWE3-launch

Highlights include giving spear of justice a pull and traps are now instant and give you boons when triggered. Fragments of faith is now a stun breaker as well.

This is insane. Dragon Hunters were already very powerful.

Will definitely be replacing my traps hunter for fun-times point holding in sPvP.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Jerkops posted:

The expansion's already been on sale on Amazon and probably a few other places for ~$25, just gotta keep your eyes peeled

I still haven't bought or preordered HoT. Nothing has really grabbed me, not for the price of the expansion at least. Maybe I just need another break

This what I'm doing as well. I figure I'll get back into it and consider buying the expansion around the time they make good on bringing SAB back, or after the inevitable zillion patches that attempt to balance the "elite" specializations. Really don't want to get caught up in the see-saw balance poo poo-show that's about to get 10 times worse.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Dorkopotamis posted:

Will definitely be replacing my traps hunter for fun-times point holding in sPvP.

Ten stack might on the elite trap :vince:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

GI_Clutch posted:

Speaking of

here are the daredevil changes presented without comment
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Daredevil-updates-post-BWE-3-launch

e: also this is 4 days old so this has probably already been discussed. oh well.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 10, 2015

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Dorkopotamis posted:

Ah, but as that one annoying guy kept saying in hotm during the weekend, one dodge and they've wasted a utility skill

And by kept saying I mean repeated approximately 18 times a second

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Well that's all traps, isn't it?

The benefit of traps over other AoE, is that the enemy can't actually see them. Put your traps down at a choke point, hide somewhere off point and run out to mop up once they've been triggered. Even if they can dodge through the elite, the initial triggers will have already done a good chunk of damage and if you're lucky the majority of your traps may even be off CD.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
voodoo tripper holy poo poo I love your outfit!

e: also that rp walk with the balloon and the puking

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Don't join Starfleet Dental after a few measly years of inactivity they have kicked me from the guild.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I was just on earlier, and now when I try and launch the game is just crashes on the launcher? I've sent an error report, like a good girl, but kind of odd. Not sure how to go about fixing it if it's on my end.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

midnightclimax posted:

voodoo tripper holy poo poo I love your outfit!

e: also that rp walk with the balloon and the puking

Thanks bud! Been walking around the human starting zone creeping out new players for the past few nights, and barfing on them. Tryin to get into the halloween spirit.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 10, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:gonk:

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
You need to get a photo op with Phlanges.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I really like that tether pull thing (which looks like it might be an F4 ability) on Spear of Justice since it gives you an easy way to get stuff on top of traps you've dropped at your feet and addresses one of the main issues about the class.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Speaking of

here are the daredevil changes presented without comment
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Daredevil-updates-post-BWE-3-launch

e: also this is 4 days old so this has probably already been discussed. oh well.

Karl actually has just posted some more updates for Daredevil:

quote:

Here’s a couple other updates that had been in the works and are now in testing.
Vault: Reduced aftercast by 80ms. Added a 500ms evade at the start of the ability.
Distracting Daggers: Projectiles from this ability are now counted as 100% projectile finishers.
Impairing Daggers: Projectiles from this ability are now counted as 100% projectile finishers.
Weakening Strikes: This trait now grants 10% damage reduction when being struck by a weakened foe, in addition to weakening foes on critical hit.
Vault and Weakening Strikes changes are good.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Mercurius posted:

Karl actually has just posted some more updates for Daredevil:

Vault and Weakening Strikes changes are good.

Good looking out, thanks for this!

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Christ on sale, good job

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Oh yeah that reminds me, guild mission resets aren't changing. ANet's comms team apparently misunderstood what the Devs told them and it's just raids that will be resetting on Mondays. Mission reset will be remaining as it has been and that's also why it reset last week and confused everyone.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Thanks bud! Been walking around the human starting zone creeping out new players for the past few nights, and barfing on them. Tryin to get into the halloween spirit.

What a wonderful gimmick. :allears:

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Thyrork posted:

What a wonderful gimmick. :allears:

I just hit the high point I think.Was creepin on a dude, puking, blinking around/behind him whenever he turned around or got far, etc. Then he turned on his guild tag

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Well done.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The Anet employee behind Illusions Michael is now going to sabotage GW2 from within just to protect humanity from that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like how i managed to bump into you in queensdale when mapcompleting so i just began to walk with you because why not

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

I just hit the high point I think.Was creepin on a dude, puking, blinking around/behind him whenever he turned around or got far, etc. Then he turned on his guild tag

you're famous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
SFD peoples we're aiming to do the guild hall capture event thingy afternoonish of the 25th, that is if it's possible to do it that soon after launch.

There ain't much info out atm so check our forums for a more concrete time.

• Locked thread