Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Lashers for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Other PS2 shower thoughts: TR Connery will, without fail, ignore the entire north side of the map to get bogged down in a quagmire with the NC around Tawrich. That train is never late.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
I got my fill of that area in the 5 months NC was stuck in the south east warpgate when ZOE was OP as hell. To this day i avoid tawrich and the bases around it like the plague. Still have nightmares of pushing out of broken arch towards crossroads only to find both hillsides already camped by mags and PPA harassers.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

The only LMGs that seem to cause a problem are the CQC oriented ones. IE: the LA1 Anchor, MSW-R, and Orion VS54. The longer range LMGs like the Flare VE6, NC6 Gauss SAW, and TMG-50 are great weapons but they don't perform all that well in CQC where HAs usually cause a problem. Perhaps they just need to move all LMGs more into the long range support role. If the best CQC LMGs were the current renditions of the SVA-88, EM6, and T9 CARV I don't think HAs would be able to dominate CQC quite so much without tuning to SMGs or shotguns which both come with their own limitations.

I guess another option would be to not allow HAs to carry medkits or restoration kits. That would make them dependent on medics to keep going the way they do now.

Antillie fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 10, 2015

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

LMGs that can be aimed at individual people are a problem. LMGs should be aiming at places, nothing else.

Give the other factions Lasher variants, to complete the triplet:

- normal ROF, splash, normal damage per bullet, poo poo accuracy, huge mag

- high ROF, no splash, normal damage per bullet, poo poo accuracy, huge mag

- normal ROF, no splash, high damage per bullet, poo poo accuracy, huge mag

Balance such that walking out a door is a dangerous proposition.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 10, 2015

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
i too like to theorycraft solutions to problems that will never be addressed

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

i too like to backseat mod in threads that have no purpose other than rampant shitposting

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Choice between shield or rockets, no medkits, shield has a 1 second spin up time.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Make HA's subscriber only, playing HA charges an additional $1.50 per minute, and DBG sends a representative to punch you in the dick every 15 minutes.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

gently caress classes, go back to PS1's certification/inventory system

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

But Not Tonight posted:

Everyone is a HA, Medic and Engineer! Problem solved.

Nobody can fly a Gal or pull an AMS

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
In a world where LMGs are nerfed to poo poo shotgun heavies will reign supreme. NC4Lyfe.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Fans posted:

Everyone is a HA, Medic and Engineer! Problem solved.

Nobody can fly a Gal or pull an AMS

sounds good to me

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

But Not Tonight posted:

If this means that Infiltrators can carry C4 again, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

But Not Tonight posted:

Play Tribes 1. It's battles are roughly as big as the PS2 ones as well.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Did anyone say shazbot yet

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Planetside 2 is just Tribes 2 with more people and less jetpacks.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Imagine spinfusors in Planet side. :stonklol:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

kalstrams posted:

that's almost the lasher experience. tiny tiny weak baby spinfusor swarms

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Bring back the flail. Hard to use, totally rage inducing when the shell lands on your face from across the contingent

Just like the fusion mortar.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

kalstrams posted:

People in Planetside raged over flinching when you got headshot. I can't imagine how they would react when a Spinfusor physically knocks you back.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

TheParadigm posted:

Bring back the flail. Hard to use, totally rage inducing when the shell lands on your face from across the contingent

Just like the fusion mortar.

Holy gently caress good fusion mortar users were so infuriating.

Literally just inverse all LMG accuracy stats but make them take longer. CoF and bloom starts huge but the longer you shoot the smaller it gets. Holy poo poo thats retarded who would want to play HA? exactly HA should be a specialty class not a loving go to class. It would be the class you choose to lock down a stair well or door not a small battle or 1v1 class.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

Arghy posted:

Holy gently caress good fusion mortar users were so infuriating.

Literally just inverse all LMG accuracy stats but make them take longer. CoF and bloom starts huge but the longer you shoot the smaller it gets. Holy poo poo thats retarded who would want to play HA? exactly HA should be a specialty class not a loving go to class. It would be the class you choose to lock down a stair well or door not a small battle or 1v1 class.

Pretty much exactly how the LMGs worked in 2142, the most balanced shooter i have ever played.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
2142 was balanced until you worked out how to use the rockets on the Assault class, then you'd broken the game as all cover became useless.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
Lets talk about "Paying for the RIGHTS to annoy and troll". Lets I'm a paying member. I pay $10-15 a month (depending on how i'm paying for membership). Now that i'm paying money, I now have the RIGHT to ANNOY and TROLL people using /whisper and Voice Coms and you can't mute or block me. And i'm not talking about offensive things, like using fowl language. Maybe i want to take the time to /whisper you for the next 30-60 minutes and tell you about my day and how my boss makes me mad. Or about the new puppy i bought and how cute it is. Text after text after text after text after text after text.... and you CAN'T BLOCK ME. I pay money and you HAVE to receive every text I make. I don't care if you miss the /orders chat that the Biolab needs help. I demand you read about my new puppy. And guess what, 10 of my friends got a new puppy too and want to /whisper you about it, all at the same time. Nope, you can't block any of them, they all paid money too.

YOU bought the horn for your own pleasure / amusement, you press the horn button, YOU get to hear the horn. But you want to spam the horn to "troll" other players, whether they are friend or foe. You are a negative impact to the player experience of other people. Those people should have the option to turn off or lower the volume of the horn, whether you paid for it or not.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

what happened posted:

using fowl language
:haw:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

what happened posted:

Lets talk about "Paying for the RIGHTS to annoy and troll". Lets I'm a paying member. I pay $10-15 a month (depending on how i'm paying for membership). Now that i'm paying money, I now have the RIGHT to ANNOY and TROLL people using /whisper and Voice Coms and you can't mute or block me. And i'm not talking about offensive things, like using fowl language. Maybe i want to take the time to /whisper you for the next 30-60 minutes and tell you about my day and how my boss makes me mad. Or about the new puppy i bought and how cute it is. Text after text after text after text after text after text.... and you CAN'T BLOCK ME. I pay money and you HAVE to receive every text I make. I don't care if you miss the /orders chat that the Biolab needs help. I demand you read about my new puppy. And guess what, 10 of my friends got a new puppy too and want to /whisper you about it, all at the same time. Nope, you can't block any of them, they all paid money too.

YOU bought the horn for your own pleasure / amusement, you press the horn button, YOU get to hear the horn. But you want to spam the horn to "troll" other players, whether they are friend or foe. You are a negative impact to the player experience of other people. Those people should have the option to turn off or lower the volume of the horn, whether you paid for it or not.

Hahaha goddamn.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what happened posted:

What is the best response to somebody comparing unavoidable by any means online harassment to somebody honking a horn with multiple ways to mute?

*flush*

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Epic High Five posted:

honking a horn with multiple ways to mute?

You can mute horns?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yes, go to a different place in game.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

You can mute horns?

If anyone with a horn has any opportunity to annoy you over any stretch of time, then either they're guaranteed to be in a situation where you can "mute" them, or you're being a dumb and not in a good fight.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NIwjUwFLw4&t=10s

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Repeating my offer here to dogfight people and help to learn some new moves and stuff. I've recently been helping some existing good pilots step up their game a bit and learning to fly a bit better and trying to do a bit of air support outside of Scythe swarms can be useful, especialy with all the bads in the air currently.
TThere are a few moves I'm trying to learn to do cleanly but that aren't the easiest to attempt on live. I'm having trouble trying to hit shots while doing a reverse spiral roll then transitioning into a rush from there. There are a few moves I can only do with the exmags noseguns cause stock or rotarys have to reload too soon.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 11, 2015

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

When I buy my new mouse and Keyboard I'll take you up on that, trees.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Horizontal Tree posted:

Repeating my offer here to dogfight people and help to learn some new moves and stuff. I've recently been helping some existing good pilots step up their game a bit and learning to fly a bit better and trying to do a bit of air support outside of Scythe swarms can be useful, especialy with all the bads in the air currently.
TThere are a few moves I'm trying to learn to do cleanly but that aren't the easiest to attempt on live. I'm having trouble trying to hit shots while doing a reverse spiral roll then transitioning into a rush from there. There are a few moves I can only do with the exmags noseguns cause stock or rotarys have to reload too soon.

I've been stepping up my ESF game, but I could certainly use some tutoring.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

You can mute horns?

C4, going somewhere else, or just straight up muting your game

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Air game is weird lately. A lot of bad pilots that let me get overly lazy when flying around, but because of pumpkins there are also a lot of situations where I'm stuck fighting out numbered or wind up fighting decently good pilots without time to rep and reset, so it kinda requires trying to put out damage while simultaneously pulling defensive maneuvers, and there are a few things i can't quite do reliably.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I was dicking around with the airhammer earlier and many of my killstreaks ended with some WOFI jackass slamming into me. So I decide to run over VS dudes in my wraith flash, pull up to a Sunderer for ammo, a WOFI sundy pulls up and crushes my ride. Their entire outfit is filled with blindfolded morons. They weren't even doing it on purpose. I'm pretty sure each WOFI player is just a roomba duct-taped to a mouse & keyboard.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sitchelin posted:

I was dicking around with the airhammer earlier and many of my killstreaks ended with some WOFI jackass slamming into me. So I decide to run over VS dudes in my wraith flash, pull up to a Sunderer for ammo, a WOFI sundy pulls up and crushes my ride. Their entire outfit is filled with blindfolded morons. They weren't even doing it on purpose. I'm pretty sure each WOFI player is just a roomba duct-taped to a mouse & keyboard.

Are they the Brazilian outfit? You may have been like 20m away from them on their screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

what happened posted:

Can't tell if this is serious or copy/pasted from a bad reddit post.

• Locked thread