Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's the SR for the current JP Score Match. She's cute, and I'm going to get her.

The good news is that even if you consistently get 3rd or 4th place, you can still get to 25k event points with just efficient use of stamina. Even if you miss a few plays, it shouldn't take more than a handful of loveca.

poo poo. I haven't made myself a JP account yet due to lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's worth it.

Unless you're talking about going for Tier 2. That's never worth it, even for Nico.
I was talking about going for tier 2, but considering my JP account only has 59 LP I don't think I'll go for it. I have done under 6 hours of sleep per night for 10 days the first time I ever tier 2'd (for a Nico card) and you're right, it isn't worth it.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 6, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh man, the next event is a Rin event.

I'm gonna do what I gotta do to get those cards

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Allarion posted:

This Nozomi card always makes me laugh whenever I see it pop up.

I have that Nozomi.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

There we go, first SSR. I now have all SR or better Cute and Passion teams, but my Cool team is left in the cold with only Rs.

Now to largely set aside SS until the Maki event is over.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I long for the day I finally cap my level in SIF. I only have 41 LP right now. Sucks to only be able to play 2 songs (3 if I play an easy one) before having to put it down for a few hours.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I long for the day I finally cap my level in SIF. I only have 41 LP right now. Sucks to only be able to play 2 songs (3 if I play an easy one) before having to put it down for a few hours.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I envy and despise people who can get a full night's sleep without wasting LP

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
I finally got in on these games

EN SIF ID: 380684719
CGSS ID: 815701801

Still haven't gotten to honor scout in SIF and in CGSS I have five SRs, two of them duplicates, hooray luck

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's estimated that that account took 7.5-8 million yen in loveca to get to level 1000. That's sixty-something thousand Real American Dollars.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There we go, first SSR. I now have all SR or better Cute and Passion teams, but my Cool team is left in the cold with only Rs.

Nice, still waiting for mine and my 8 SRs are scattered across types.

Really starting to wish you could save room layouts, the halloween stuff is nice but I'm not sure I want to dismantle my room and put it back again afterwards.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this error better not make the game skip parsing my full combo

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I envy you so hard

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I envy you so hard

That's not me, I'm just showing that ranks keep going. This is the profile card of the first account to get to rank 1000.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Datamining seems to have turned up that the upcoming Cinderella Caravan event will feature Syoko/Shouko (:rock:), and shows a few new cards supposedly coming this month:

http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/mobile/55/read?bbsId=G003&itemId=8&articleId=1867202, thanks reddit

I like Haruna's idolized image.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

At 115 LP I sometimes find myself letting it cap anyway because it's such a large span of time that I straight-up forget about the game. At this point I'm just T2ing events and biding my time because 118-119 LP is like the perfect amount to do two 3-song medleys once Medley Festival hits EN.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's estimated that that account took 7.5-8 million yen in loveca to get to level 1000. That's sixty-something thousand Real American Dollars.

Unless loveca cost around 5x as much in JP, that estimate seems impossible to me. Even one of the most expensive levels, from rank 999 --> 1000, should take only around 25 loveca (less than $15 USD if loveca cost roughly matches exchange rates), on account of a 408 LP pool.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Oblivion590 posted:

Unless loveca cost around 5x as much in JP, that estimate seems impossible to me. Even one of the most expensive levels, from rank 999 --> 1000, should take only around 25 loveca (less than $15 USD if loveca cost roughly matches exchange rates), on account of a 408 LP pool.

I can't say I mathed it out myself, but no, loveca aren't appreciably more expensive in JP (they're actually cheaper for us because of the weak yen!), so it's perhaps a gross exaggeration.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I really wish you could just play loveca and buy certain cards. I'd love to get the Halloween Nozomi, but gently caress. In five 50 gem pulls I've managed to only ever get SRs because of the guarantee, so I can only imagine how much it would take to just get a whatever percentage chance that you might get one of several URs on offer.

I say this, and yet I can't stand games that let you buy your way to success. Apparently I've got a bad case of the waifus.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

squidflakes posted:

I really wish you could just play loveca and buy certain cards. I'd love to get the Halloween Nozomi, but gently caress. In five 50 gem pulls I've managed to only ever get SRs because of the guarantee, so I can only imagine how much it would take to just get a whatever percentage chance that you might get one of several URs on offer.

I say this, and yet I can't stand games that let you buy your way to success. Apparently I've got a bad case of the waifus.

I want to say that it took me at least ten 10+1s to get my first non-welfare UR. Still a 1% chance to pull at all.
Still a bit luckier than a couple of my friends on another forum who had been playing since launch and took at least a year and change each to draw their first UR.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

graybook posted:

I want to say that it took me at least ten 10+1s to get my first non-welfare UR. Still a 1% chance to pull at all.
Still a bit luckier than a couple of my friends on another forum who had been playing since launch and took at least a year and change each to draw their first UR.

I'm curious if they use the same seed for the RNG when you do a 10 pull. If so, you'd have a more actually random chance by doing one draw at a time.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

squidflakes posted:

I'm curious if they use the same seed for the RNG when you do a 10 pull. If so, you'd have a more actually random chance by doing one draw at a time.

This is getting dangerously close to mathpost. Don't distract me from my waifus you vile creature.

PS - math owns but gently caress stats. Nobody likes stats.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I believe by law the single draw rate has the have the same percentage as the multi-draw rate (in that the multi-draw has to be just the single draw done multiple times) after the Japanese government cracked down on Mobages a couple of years ago.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i want all the syokos

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Got enough stars for another 10 pull, oh man several of these load times are taking a really long time, I'm getting pretty exci-

oh

t-thanks...

Tree Huffer
Jul 26, 2007

dude were so
high right now
hahaha
As happy as I am to have gotten the Halloween Koume, I think I'm gonna give up on playing SS because of how laggy it is. Even on the lowest setting possible, I still get misses and bads because of lag. Guess I'm sticking to SIF unless they can fix something with it.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
my third ten 10 pull was a blowup but i got an SR syoko so today was a good day

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Tree Huffer posted:

As happy as I am to have gotten the Halloween Koume, I think I'm gonna give up on playing SS because of how laggy it is. Even on the lowest setting possible, I still get misses and bads because of lag. Guess I'm sticking to SIF unless they can fix something with it.

Even with timing adjustments? I interpreted 'lowest setting' as note speed, so I'm probably wrong in my understanding of your situation.
What device/OS are you using? Maybe someone else has the same problem.
Sorry to hear it, especially since if you're sticking to ENSIF, I don't think they've fixed the timing issues there yet.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
In SS how do you tell the rarity by the icons? Like in sif you can tell that they're UR by the striped border. It's hard telling them apart so I still have Ns on my teams cuz I'm lazy.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
normals have a border the same color as their type, rares have a silver border, SRs have a gold border, and SSRs are like even brighter gold or something

see the gold border on the bottom-right and bottom-second-from-the-left, they're SRs, rest are Rs

vvv yeah sorry shoulda made that clearer

Outer Science fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 10, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Outer Science posted:

see the gold border on the bottom-right and bottom-second-from-the-left, they're SRs, rest are Rs

Yeah, SRs that I already got two clones of instead of getting brand new SRs.

e: oh wait, you were just using my post as an example, sorry about that.

ee: to add onto what he said, SSR idols have a border color of their corresponding type. This has the unintended effect of making SSR passion idols kind of hard to tell compared to regular SRs.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
when's the new event starting?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

when's the new event starting?

If you mean in SS, it started two days ago. Play songs of matching type for the day and get tons of easy rares and chances at the event SRs. Pretty good! I've got 6 rares I didn't have yet since it started and the Honoka SR.

Make sure you put your leader as someone with a 5* rank though, even if it has to be a normal. Increases your drop rate and all.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I took a screenshot of a team with each rarity to make this a little easier.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Overlord K posted:

If you mean in SS, it started two days ago. Play songs of matching type for the day and get tons of easy rares and chances at the event SRs. Pretty good! I've got 6 rares I didn't have yet since it started and the Honoka SR.

Make sure you put your leader as someone with a 5* rank though, even if it has to be a normal. Increases your drop rate and all.

I meant in Love Live, I can't rad Japanese so I don't play the other one.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

boom boom boom posted:

you don't need to know japanese to hit buttons

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

Tuesday, from the looks of it. Token match for a Smile Rin, I believe.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

pandaK posted:

you don't need to know japanese to hit buttons

But I won't understand the story.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

boom boom boom posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

The OP to the Cinderella Girls thread tells you all the story you need.