Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i like them better than subway, because subway's poo poo and i get paralyzed by all the options, none of which are actually good options. then it turns out their spokesman was a pedo, so i now just use that as an excuse instead of having to explain my anxieties to people

i tried going to jimmy john's, but i think there were cleaning chemicals in my sandwich because it tasted sort of like the way cleaning chemicals smell, and then i felt all dizzy for a couple of hours. so i don't think i should go back there, on account of the whole "i may have been poisoned" thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Quote #35
"Sting and Vampiro fought in a graveyard. Vampiro broke a tombstone over Sting's head and he fell into a grave. Officially, because Sting may have died, this match was ruled a no contest" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: May 08, 2000.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Space-Pope posted:

i like them better than subway, because subway's poo poo and i get paralyzed by all the options, none of which are actually good options. then it turns out their spokesman was a pedo, so i now just use that as an excuse instead of having to explain my anxieties to people

i tried going to jimmy john's, but i think there were cleaning chemicals in my sandwich because it tasted sort of like the way cleaning chemicals smell, and then i felt all dizzy for a couple of hours. so i don't think i should go back there, on account of the whole "i may have been poisoned" thing

just get a veggie delite 6" and move on. SUBWAY 101

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

subway is awful

jimmy johns never impressed me, i think buying a stale hoagie roll and 1/8 lb of various deli meats/cheese at whatever grocery store is closest to you could result in the same sandwich for the same price

im actually a little partial to potbellys :shobon:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
subway has the cheapest franchising rights which is why they're everywhere

for ~$50k you can buy a subway franchise, versus mcdonalds which needs a million in liquid assets and a detailed plan on the optimal location to place one, along with loans to buy all of their equipment and stuff

the flip side is that a mcdonalds almost never goes out of business

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
subway will also just let you place yours right across the street from an existing one so yeah

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

quiznos went bankrupt during the same time period subway managed to become the biggest fast food company in the world, incidentally.

betwene 2007 and 2012, 2000 quiznos locations closed, and in 2014 they straight up went bankrupt.

so now after a bit of recovery they're up to 2100 locations, but subway has fuckin 44,800 locations

subway franchises tend to step on each other's toes like starbucks

they've lost a lot of corner boys in the turf wars

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
edit gently caress beaten

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i bet they resolve those situations in a thunderdome-style deathmatch at franchisee conferences

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

syscall girl posted:

edit gently caress beaten

beaten like a subway franchise

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
jimmy johns is loving garbage

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

fleshweasel posted:

jimmy johns is loving garbage

treats their employees more like poo poo than most fast food places too

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jimmy Johns is run by a psychopath who makes Mitt Romney look like Jimmy Carter

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jimmy Johns is run by a psychopath who makes Mitt Romney look like Jimmy Carter

so like small teeth but hella christian?

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002
lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
quiznos tastes like a dried moldy rear end in a top hat and believe me I've eaten my fair share of rear end in a top hat

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mishaq posted:

im actually a little partial to potbellys :shobon:

potbellys is the correct answer

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
jersey mikes imo

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
lol if you get your sandwiches from a franchise chain and not your local deli

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

JewKiller 3000 posted:

but jewish delis don't have glazed ham, jewkiller 3000

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also sometimes there is not a locla deli

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

duTrieux. posted:

also sometimes there is not a locla deli

well sure, but how often do you find yourself in 3rd world shitholes like that?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JewKiller 3000 posted:

srs, is there really any difference between getting a sandwich from subway and making one from poo poo you bought from your groceries' deli (aside from the grocery sandwiches being way higher quality and cheaper?)

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Condiv posted:

srs, is there really any difference between getting a sandwich from subway and making one from poo poo you bought from your groceries' deli (aside from the grocery sandwiches being way higher quality and cheaper?)

yeah, it wouldn't be made by a certified Sandwich Artist

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Glorgnole posted:

yeah, it wouldn't be made by a certified Sandwich Artist
instead yours would be made by a certified sandwich autist

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

instead yours would be made by a certified sandwich autist

that would probably be a really good sandwich

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

broken clock opsec posted:

subway will also just let you place yours right across the street from an existing one so yeah

lol i was wondering why my last town had two of the loving things in the same stripmall

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

This is one Uber executive who may have taken the sharing economy a bit too far.

A Silicon Valley power couple — he’s a top executive at Uber and she’s the head of global operations at Airbnb — tormented a live-in nanny with sexual harassment, even as they skimped on wages, paying her below the legal limit, a lawsuit claims.

Cameron Poetzscher, Uber’s head of corporate development and a former Goldman Sachs investment banker, harassed the nanny by exposing himself, masturbating in front of her, and requesting inappropriate massages and “handwork,” the lawsuit claims.

When the live-in nanny, Julieta Yang, complained to Poetzscher’s wife, Varsha Rao, the lady of the house did little to fix the situation, court papers claim.

Yang, initially hired when the couple lived in Singapore, claims Poetzscher repeatedly approached her in the buff, asking her to rub his back with lotion and offering extra cash for “massage” services — requests she turned down.

After they moved to San Francisco with their two children in 2013, Poetzscher asked Yang to “massage his legs using a rolling pin,” according to the suit.

The nanny complied, and her boss soon “apologized noting that he was not supposed to act in such a way in the United States,” according to the suit.

While asking Yang not to tell Rao about such incidents, Poetzscher nevertheless persisted with his lewd behavior, forcing Yang to quit this spring, the suit says.

“We are both deeply shocked and saddened by these allegations — which are completely and utterly false,” Poetzscher said in a statement.

“Julieta worked as our nanny for seven years and was an important part of our family, someone both our children loved deeply. Julieta left in April, and we have not heard from her since then. We will make no further comment about this case.”

Officials at Uber and Airbnb didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment, including whether they have taken any actions because of the suit.

While caring for the couple’s two children, Yang says she cooked, cleaned the house and performed other chores routinely for nine hours a day, six days a week.

In return, she got a flat weekly rate of $450. After she complained, Yang says the couple began forcing her to sign falsified time sheets before doling out weekly paychecks.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

:effort:

my local grocery store will make the sandwich for you though so that's nice.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

This is one Uber executive who may have taken the sharing economy a bit too far.

A Silicon Valley power couple — he’s a top executive at Uber and she’s the head of global operations at Airbnb — tormented a live-in nanny with sexual harassment, even as they skimped on wages, paying her below the legal limit, a lawsuit claims.

Cameron Poetzscher, Uber’s head of corporate development and a former Goldman Sachs investment banker, harassed the nanny by exposing himself, masturbating in front of her, and requesting inappropriate massages and “handwork,” the lawsuit claims.

When the live-in nanny, Julieta Yang, complained to Poetzscher’s wife, Varsha Rao, the lady of the house did little to fix the situation, court papers claim.

Yang, initially hired when the couple lived in Singapore, claims Poetzscher repeatedly approached her in the buff, asking her to rub his back with lotion and offering extra cash for “massage” services — requests she turned down.

After they moved to San Francisco with their two children in 2013, Poetzscher asked Yang to “massage his legs using a rolling pin,” according to the suit.

The nanny complied, and her boss soon “apologized noting that he was not supposed to act in such a way in the United States,” according to the suit.

While asking Yang not to tell Rao about such incidents, Poetzscher nevertheless persisted with his lewd behavior, forcing Yang to quit this spring, the suit says.

“We are both deeply shocked and saddened by these allegations — which are completely and utterly false,” Poetzscher said in a statement.

“Julieta worked as our nanny for seven years and was an important part of our family, someone both our children loved deeply. Julieta left in April, and we have not heard from her since then. We will make no further comment about this case.”

Officials at Uber and Airbnb didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment, including whether they have taken any actions because of the suit.

While caring for the couple’s two children, Yang says she cooked, cleaned the house and performed other chores routinely for nine hours a day, six days a week.

In return, she got a flat weekly rate of $450. After she complained, Yang says the couple began forcing her to sign falsified time sheets before doling out weekly paychecks.

eat the rich

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

Quote #35
"Sting and Vampiro fought in a graveyard. Vampiro broke a tombstone over Sting's head and he fell into a grave. Officially, because Sting may have died, this match was ruled a no contest" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: May 08, 2000.

Quote #163
"In his infinite knowledge of how to play babyface, Dennis Rodman said in front of a crowd of 99.9% white guys from South Dakota that once you've had black, you will never go back. The crowd didn't like that" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: August 09, 1999

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

duTrieux. posted:

that would probably be a really good sandwich

it would be very consistent

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

it would be very consistent

that doesn't make it a reliable or valid sandwich

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

syscall girl posted:

that doesn't make it a reliable or valid sandwich

on a tangent, i wonder why nerds don't sperg out over food & exercise more. it's literally managing spreadsheets and watching your numbers go up

or i guess some of them do and they're just considered attractive by society

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Soricidus posted:

just replace your kitchen every time it starts to feel unpleasantly sticky

maybe you should stop masturbating in the kitchen, you sicko

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

on a tangent, i wonder why nerds don't sperg out over food & exercise more. it's literally managing spreadsheets and watching your numbers go up

or i guess some of them do and they're just considered attractive by society

how many apps and websites do this though?

obviously you can fudge the numbers by jerking off a lot with your iwatch but it's a thing

i think what it is is that if you actually do this you'll be happier and less sad brained and move of out of the spergitory

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

would it be possible to make a jimmy John sandwich but more bland and stale

asking for a friend who has a lot of money and wants to start a sandwich enterprise

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

treats their employees more like poo poo than most fast food places too

so i guess the 50s aesthetic isn't just for show then

e: or was it 20's aesthetic? i mix up the sexist good ole days styles sometimes

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 11, 2015

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

broken clock opsec posted:

is there a non-dudebro version of this that comes in sandalwood scent because i love sandalwood

just buy any normal shaving soap?
i really like the smell of sandalwood but the trees grow slowly and apparently they're not always sustainably harvested so lately idk though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Smythe posted:

Quote #35

• Locked thread