Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Thanks. I definitely wasn't using it that way, haha. That explains some things that happened in KP last night.

What would be a good opener for a jugg then? Aegis > Crushing blow > Backhand > Taunt, maybe?

Pretty much. Force charge with enrage, crushing blow, backhand. Aegis can be held off on for a minute if you're single target tanking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Thanks. I definitely wasn't using it that way, haha. That explains some things that happened in KP last night.

What would be a good opener for a jugg then? Aegis > Crushing blow > Backhand > Taunt, maybe?

Charge->Enrage->Crushing Blow->Backhand->Taunt->Saber Reflect with always using Retaliation on CD when procced.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Charge->Enrage->Crushing Blow->Backhand->Taunt->Saber Reflect with always using Retaliation on CD when procced.

The alternative pubbie method is to force leap, taunt, aoe taunt, then force push.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Pretty much. Force charge with enrage, crushing blow, backhand. Aegis can be held off on for a minute if you're single target tanking.

It honestly didn't even occur to me to not use Aegis in a single target situation. It's just there, I HAVE TO CLICK IT.

But yeah that makes sense. Thanks.

I just had an idea to play a female smuggler, with risha as my companion, both dressed up in bikinis to be strong female characters but then I realized I would be indistinguishable from just a normal creepy swtor player so I decided not to do it.

But I wanted to share the idea because I thought it was funny

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Why not open with saber throw or do Tank spec Juggs not get that?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

From the dulfy guide:

quote:

You may be asking; “Why don’t I use saber throw?” The answer is that Saber Throw generates barely any threat, only a bit more than Force Leap. In 3.0, the Rage generation of the spec is massive and you do not need any more Rage than what Leap and Enrage grants. You’re delaying the Threat generation of your rotation by 1.5 seconds, which is all the room a DPS needs to rip aggro from you. Saber Throw does a lot more harm than good.

I use it anyways though :ssh:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

From the dulfy guide:

I use it anyways though :ssh:

And you should, for it looks way cool.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
coming to play this dumb game because i have nothing better to do in my life

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Jan posted:

Oh, yeah, I forgot this can be redone every 90 days.

http://www.swtor.com/r/SFbX9d

Used this, might as well come back AGAIN

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

go3 posted:

coming to play this dumb game because i have nothing better to do in my life

Yesss....give into your hate.

Hulk Smash! posted:

I will sometimes, the problem with opening with Saber Throw is it instantly turns the mob toward the group and you have even less time to turn him around. For some bosses with frontal cleaves, that can be a an issue - like Bulo in Ravagers. Plus melee mobs will start running toward you and it takes a second to get them back in position. Force leap in and everything starts running at you.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I really need to start paying better attention to my GTN sales. :( I guess I should have just given this to you, Rouncer.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I really need to start paying better attention to my GTN sales. :( I guess I should have just given this to you, Rouncer.

Look at all that space-dough! You're gonna be rich as space-Croesus.

You and others like you are the reason I made 6 million off of resales so far this week-end. Please keep it up :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Look at all that space-dough! You're gonna be rich as space-Croesus.

You and others like you are the reason I made 6 million off of resales so far this week-end. Please keep it up :D

I whispered the guy and he offered to give me some extra, I thanked him but declined. Price I pay for stupidity.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Wow, you got rogered but good.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

The one thing I don't get is that I haven't seen any of the hypercrates on the GTN for less than 6.5 million. I guess the gold sellers have not got their hands on them yet?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

The one thing I don't get is that I haven't seen any of the hypercrates on the GTN for less than 6.5 million. I guess the gold sellers have not got their hands on them yet?

Yeah we were talking about that last night. I expected sub 4 million by now. Maybe it's just the huge variety means people can charge more because the supply is scattered.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

It's the same on Harbinger. I set aside 40m and was going to snap up any I needed rep for that listed for 4.5m or less but so far they're hovering around 6m.

People may be hoarding to speculate on them after the expansion as well.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
It usually takes the gold sellers a week or 2 to get the crates up after a sale.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

I definitely would have given you more then that for it

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
If anyone Repside can give Potentius access to decorate the guild safe house, I'll get to work tarting the place up today.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Why is the only way to not level too fast to make the game boring to go to fleet (can't until level 7) and get an item that turns it off for only 8 hours? Why isn't it an option in the preferences?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

AlmightyBob posted:

Why is the only way to not level too fast to make the game boring to go to fleet (can't until level 7) and get an item that turns it off for only 8 hours? Why isn't it an option in the preferences?

Because why edit the UI for something that is only temporary for a specific subset of players? I don't get how this is a serious question.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

I saw 4 or 5 up this morning for 2.5 million, but they disappeared pretty quick.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

The Operative path for agent might be the most impressively synchronous gameplay to narrative experience I've ever had in an MMO

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Well once I get paid on Friday I'm gonna resub to this game for the first time since the SoR expansion launched. Looking forward to running the solo content and running SM raids.

One thing I'm not clear on, the "outlander" is just the PC you're using at lvl 60, right? It's not a completely new class that starts at 60?

Also I'm gonna be hot garbage at this game for a week until I figure out how it works. Are the current Dulfy guides still going to be good when KoTFE hits or will it be a clusterwhoopsie until the new rotations are figured out?

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Rep...he+old+republic

How does this work if you already have SoR? Is it just a cheap alternative to monthly subs and a bonus 2400 CC?

pentyne fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 11, 2015

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Shaquin posted:

The Operative path for agent might be the most impressively synchronous gameplay to narrative experience I've ever had in an MMO

Except for always using a pistol when in combat you use a rifle.

Seriously, I wish you could just use a blaster pistol as an Operative... I'd LOVE to just run around with a pistol and a knife, kicking rear end as Space James Bond.

In other news, I said SUB OR SCRUB to some dude whining about credit limits in Fleet chat just a little while ago, and the pubs thought I was some sort of catchphrase messiah and I got like 5 PMs telling me to start a guild named that and they would join. It's kinda hilarious that that phrase is new to them.

pentyne posted:

Well once I get paid on Friday I'm gonna resub to this game for the first time since the SoR expansion launched. Looking forward to running the solo content and running SM raids.

One thing I'm not clear on, the "outlander" is just the PC you're using at lvl 60, right? It's not a completely new class that starts at 60?

Also I'm gonna be hot garbage at this game for a week until I figure out how it works. Are the current Dulfy guides still going to be good when KoTFE hits or will it be a clusterwhoopsie until the new rotations are figured out?

How does this work if you already have SoR? Is it just a cheap alternative to monthly subs and a bonus 2400 CC?

I dunno, but I bought the SoR Amazon pack in June and then bought the KotFE pack 3 days ago, and the code worked just fine so I got a nice injection of credits and a few more months added to my sub for cheap. Also, please do click on a goon referral link before/after you sub. Here's one:

http://www.swtor.com/r/TkMbdV

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Yep, that's exactly what it is. If you're going to resub, though, please be kind and use a referral first. Like uh, mine!

http://www.swtor.com/r/c2lQNY

TIA

edit: e;fb

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pentyne posted:

Yep, that's basically just a 90 day subscription card with a bonus of some cartel coins.

Dulfy guides will likely be updated soon after 4.0 comes out (And I'll keep the OP and following posts up to date), but they'll most likely still be similar for most classes, as far as moves go. There will be some massive changes (Annihilation/Watchman) but they should be good starters.

And yes, the Outlander is just your level 60 character that you take into KOTFE. No new faction/classes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shaquin posted:

Your complete disdain at how loving stupid the Inquisitor, and Sith Warrior petty feuds and you having to save the effort despite them killing each other is fantastic.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Last time I logged in I had somewhere in the realm of 20 million credits, is there anything to spend it all on? I usually picked small stuff up off the cartel market, like saber crystals and some cosmetic gear that wasn't too expensive but I don't really enjoy the idea of blowing it all on hypercrates unless I get in on the ground floor and flip them for a 3x profit.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

pentyne posted:

Last time I logged in I had somewhere in the realm of 20 million credits, is there anything to spend it all on? I usually picked small stuff up off the cartel market, like saber crystals and some cosmetic gear that wasn't too expensive but I don't really enjoy the idea of blowing it all on hypercrates unless I get in on the ground floor and flip them for a 3x profit.

Give it to me, and I'll take care of it for you. :shepspends:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

finally hit 60

i am excite for expansion

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rafzakael posted:

finally hit 60

i am excite for expansion

You have Social exp.

YOU DID IT WRONG. :colbert:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Dexo posted:

Your complete disdain at how loving stupid the Inquisitor, and Sith Warrior petty feuds and you having to save the effort despite them killing each other is fantastic.

I'm fresh to the whole deal but it is cool as hell to be the pragmatic and actually effective mundane side of the Imps while continuously having to fix things for the generally psychotic and ineffective Sith running the show. Ultimately the poo poo is probably evil from top to bottom but it's cool to be the fist of a relentless and efficient bureaucracy. Agggh now I'm wishing I made my agent look like Hermes from Futurama.

Shaquin fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 11, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Shaquin posted:

I'm fresh to the whole deal but it is cool as hell to be the pragmatic and actually effective mundane side of the Imps while continuously having to fix things for the generally psychotic and ineffective Sith running the show. Ultimately the poo poo is probably evil from top to bottom but it's cool to be the fist of a relentless and efficient bureaucracy. Agggh now I'm wishing I made my agent look like Hermes from Futurama.

"And thanks to Director Yu'thre's long term plans we're projecting a considerable surplus this quarter for our department and can start modernizing our POS software and migrate to the new servers while-"

"WHO DARES HIDE MONEY FROM THE SITH! YOU WILL ALL PAY FOR THIS!"
-multiple dead people later

"Okay, spend every loving cent you have in your budget and make sure to be "sick" during next quarters meeting in case that rear end in a top hat comes in to rage about wasting money"

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

AlmightyBob posted:

While I agree that some kind of toggle would've been preferable, I'm pretty sure you can hold onto the thing indefinitely and won't need to return to the fleet every 8 hours to get a new one.

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008
so are the eurogoons playing on the US server to?

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

TheCrushinator posted:

so are the eurogoons playing on the US server to?

As there is no way to transfer existing chars between US and EU I'm in a non goon guild with Waldorf (I think there might some others in there too).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How am I supposed to beat Lord Tarnis? Game took away my companion and now everything (even trash) feels 10x harder.

edit: oh, I can get a companion, the game is just awkward and doesn't explain things.

gently caress Coruscant. Everything's 5x as big as it needs to be.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

sassassin posted:

How am I supposed to beat Lord Tarnis? Game took away my companion and now everything (even trash) feels 10x harder.

edit: oh, I can get a companion, the game is just awkward and doesn't explain things.

gently caress Coruscant. Everything's 5x as big as it needs to be.

Wait til you get to Tatooine. Or Hoth. Or Corellia. Or Belsavis. Or Voss.

• Locked thread