Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Gillette doesn't still send razors to 18 years to hook 'em while they're young?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
gilette is pretty much the only game in town. that, or shell out for a norelco, which doesn't work too well on tough-bearders

i have a friend who wants to get into cut throat razoring. he can't even keep a clean house and barely keeps a running car, I doubt he can maintain the edge of a razor.

also I too use a safety razor, its cheap as poo poo. ten blades for a dolla.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

froward posted:

use a safety razor, its cheap as poo poo. ten blades for a dolla.

Seriously. It's not a gimmick. It's legit the superior product.

I've literally found no downside to a safety razor over a modern thinger beyond hte first few times when you're getting the angle down

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

NESguerilla posted:

It's actually super hip right now to use those things if you are 25.

I still use the mach 3 handle that gillette sent me on my 18th birthday. If you get that reference you are actually old.

Ok that's cool and all but what that means is that you've been massively overpaying for razor blades for a really loving long time

"Look at all these scrubs with home laser printers- those things cost like 150 bucks! I got my hp inkjet printer for 25$ and I've been using it for years!"
*Buys his third 55 dollar ink refill this year*

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just stop shaving, its free.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
why would you even shave lmao

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i just pluck my face clean with tweezers. they cost like 15:-

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i cut my face off with a piece of glass severeal years ago and the hair from my butt/thigh skin transplants is downy and practically invisible

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

Ok that's cool and all but what that means is that you've been massively overpaying for razor blades for a really loving long time

"Look at all these scrubs with home laser printers- those things cost like 150 bucks! I got my hp inkjet printer for 25$ and I've been using it for years!"
*Buys his third 55 dollar ink refill this year*

I have had a full beard for over a decade so I just shave my neck with the Mach 3 and a blade lasts me 3 months. My annual blade cost is about 20 bucks. Possibly less.

I have nothing against old school safety razors, I was responding to the dude who assumed only old people use them.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 10, 2015

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I have had a full beard for over a decade so I just shave my neck with the Mach 3 and a blade lasts me 3 months. My annual blade cost is about 20 bucks. Possibly less.

cartridge scrub spotted.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

wheres my laser razor I wanna shave like superman does

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

ghlbtsk posted:

If the garbage product you're selling is something people don't want: rename, rebrand and repackage the same garbage until you've convinced the public it's something they do want.

I'm enjoying laughing at the various crappy "manly stuff for men because you're a MAN man" repackaging. Same poo poo just in black with MAN written all over it. Because men are so insecure they'll fall apart if they don't use the black MANLY version of Dove shower gel.
Mandles by Yankee Candles, Powerful Men's Yogurt, Mansize Tissues, ChapFix for Men oh and the Bronut because donuts are for sissies...

re: the FREEFORM channel
I fully expect every show to be interrupted by #hashtags on the screen so we can tweet the correct hashtags for the correct "epic" dramatic reveal in the "white 30 year olds playing supernatural high schoolers" shows. Maybe even a scroller with the best tweets selected by their social media "crew" (inept interns) because millenial becomers have to multitask and can't possibly enjoy a show without their phone out.

relevant: Bugs Bunny Extreme (NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Td5u_UZTFE

n3wt fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 10, 2015

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gimme a bronut with some sprinkles bitch

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

radiatinglines posted:

gimme a bronut with some sprinkles bitch

Sprinkles are for wusses, do you want MAN candy on that Bronut?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

n3wt posted:

I'm enjoying laughing at the various crappy "manly stuff for men because you're a MAN man" repackaging. Same poo poo just in black with MAN written all over it. Because men are so insecure they'll fall apart if they don't use the black MANLY version of Dove shower gel.
Mandles by Yankee Candles, Powerful Men's Yogurt, Mansize Tissues, ChapFix for Men oh and the Bronut because donuts are for sissies...

I fully expect every show to be interrupted by #hashtags on the screen so we can tweet the correct hashtags for the correct "epic" dramatic reveal in the "white 30 year olds playing supernatural high schoolers" shows. Maybe even a scroller with the best tweets selected by their social media "crew" (inept interns) because millenial becomers have to multitask and can't possibly enjoy a show without their phone out.

:megadeath::megadeath::megadeath::megadeath::megadeath:

Ain't nothin wrong with man stuff.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

i, for one, am a millennial and it's okay.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Runaktla posted:

:megadeath::megadeath::megadeath::megadeath::megadeath:

Ain't nothin wrong with man stuff.

I'm sure you wipe the MAN yogurt from your MAN chapstick onto MAN sized tissues like a MAN!

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

n3wt posted:

I'm sure you wipe the MAN yogurt from your MAN chapstick onto MAN sized tissues like a MAN!

It's all good... keep wearing that makeup that hides your blemishes, the heels which are uncomfortable but make you seem taller, wear skimpy clothing in cold weather to show some skin, put on fake nails and fake eyelashes, get a spray tan before your next tropical vacation, and go to a plastic surgeon to make your boobs bigger.

:colbert: same poo poo, really

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Justin Tyme posted:

Might be an Army thing, that's what we all called it. Also might have to do with the fact field jackets aren't issued anymore but the concept of a wearable poncho liner is so genius people still buy them and don't know they're supposed to go with the old field jacket, so they got their own endearing name.

oh. that must be it. the parka the air force issues in basic comes with an insert that looks just like that except a slightly lighter shade of green.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

n3wt posted:

Mandles by Yankee Candles

I dunno, I like the smell of sawdust. Beats the hell out of that lavender poo poo the wife brings home.

But I'd feel like a complete tool buying it. Maybe if they'd repackage it to look like a normal Yankee Candle...

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Runaktla posted:

It's all good... keep wearing that makeup that hides your blemishes, the heels which are uncomfortable but make you seem taller, wear skimpy clothing in cold weather to show some skin, put on fake nails and fake eyelashes, get a spray tan before your next tropical vacation, and go to a plastic surgeon to make your boobs bigger.

:colbert: same poo poo, really

yikes

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

n3wt posted:

oh and the Bronut because donuts are for sissies...

What the hell is a bronut? Why would doughnuts have a gender preference?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Sapper posted:

I dunno, I like the smell of sawdust. Beats the hell out of that lavender poo poo the wife brings home.

But I'd feel like a complete tool buying it. Maybe if they'd repackage it to look like a normal Yankee Candle...

Why don't you go work on some wood then? Get that sawdust stank the honest way.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

I'm the she-midget's rippling six pack from seven pages back.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 11, 2015

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Real Millennials shoot up their schools.

naem
May 29, 2011

n3wt posted:

I am a white 30 year old supernatural high schooler

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

ShaqDiesel posted:

quote:

The blog Charlottesville 29, which renamed the buttery snack the Bronut (and also threw out "broissant"), describes the taste as "a cross between brioche, a croissant, and a donut."
http://www.businessinsider.com/is-the-bronut-the-new-cronut-2015-6

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Why are we letting blogs rename foods?

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

ShaqDiesel posted:

The point is, none of these products are supposed to be gendered.

We all get chapped lips and sunburn, we all wash and like to smell nice, we all have the same tastebuds and sense of smell: who decided to gender scents and food?
Depending on the country: it's the man who gardens or the man who cooks, the man who drinks wine, the man who wears a necklace and a bracelet.
This Pink vs Blue nonsense from cradle to grave baffles other cultures.
Even gaming that has skewed towards a "no girls allowed" market since the late 80s still has 48% of female players hanging on with their headsets turned off.
It's so random too:
high heels were designed for men and at some point they became a sex symbol for women to the point where high heels=women and wearing them as a man makes you a freak.
Coding used to be done by women and now it's seen by mainstream culture as a man's profession.
Depending on the era, men can wear long hair and then they can't.
Male babies wore gowns until the 70s.
Pink used to be the boy colour as red was for men.

Somewhere, someone decides on this poo poo and it sticks: who decided that black people liked watermelon and fried chicken? Everybody likes watermelon and everybody likes fried chicken! KFC isn't going out of business anytime soon right? Japanese people have watermelon and teriyaki (fried chicken) on summer holidays and festivals and it's a big deal. But someone decided that on that dumb racist idea and it stuck. Just like someone decided pink was for girls only even though historically, blue was for girls because, before that, someone had decided that pale blue was the colour of Mary. The world is nuts.

Maybe in ten years: popcorn will be for girls and chips for boys because someone decided to sell it that way: "Sweet is for girls and salty is for boys so you're eating the wrong thing! How dare you?"

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Why are we letting blogs rename foods?

It's a donut king special. Who the hell knows why?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I hire hungry Mexican day laborers to bite off my beard hairs

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

n3wt posted:

The point is, none of these products are supposed to be gendered.

We all get chapped lips and sunburn, we all wash and like to smell nice, we all have the same tastebuds and sense of smell: who decided to gender scents and food?
Depending on the country: it's the man who gardens or the man who cooks, the man who drinks wine, the man who wears a necklace and a bracelet.
This Pink vs Blue nonsense from cradle to grave baffles other cultures.
Even gaming that has skewed towards a "no girls allowed" market since the late 80s still has 48% of female players hanging on with their headsets turned off.
It's so random too:
high heels were designed for men and at some point they became a sex symbol for women to the point where high heels=women and wearing them as a man makes you a freak.
Coding used to be done by women and now it's seen by mainstream culture as a man's profession.
Depending on the era, men can wear long hair and then they can't.
Male babies wore gowns until the 70s.
Pink used to be the boy colour as red was for men.

Somewhere, someone decides on this poo poo and it sticks: who decided that black people liked watermelon and fried chicken? Everybody likes watermelon and everybody likes fried chicken! KFC isn't going out of business anytime soon right? Japanese people have watermelon and teriyaki (fried chicken) on summer holidays and festivals and it's a big deal. But someone decided that on that dumb racist idea and it stuck. Just like someone decided pink was for girls only even though historically, blue was for girls because, before that, someone had decided that pale blue was the colour of Mary. The world is nuts.

Maybe in ten years: popcorn will be for girls and chips for boys because someone decided to sell it that way: "Sweet is for girls and salty is for boys so you're eating the wrong thing! How dare you?"

wow holy poo poo...what if gender was like, dictated by society??

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

wow holy poo poo...what if gender was like, dictated by society??

Well just the stuff we're supposed to do and like. You don't get much choice about the body parts* **

*unless you want to go through very expensive, painful surgery and possibly lose sensation in your genitals.
** ability to gestate not included and the government will make it hell for you to adopt.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Accretionist posted:

That's not even what makes them expensive. I've seen badger hair brushes for $20

Also, it's safety razors. Safety razors are the best. Close shaves, dirt cheap blades and a short learning curve? From a razor/handle that costs as much as a pack of disposable heads and'll last for decades and which looks like this:

They're the best. (The beeEEeest)

no this still makes you a millennial hipster. get these from the dollar store, 12 for a dollar

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Rutibex posted:

no this still makes you a millennial hipster. get these from the dollar store, 12 for a dollar

I did that once, actually. I must have thick hair because those things stung like hell.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Seriously there's a difference between thrifty and Brand X. Just get the next step up that cost $4 for 8 and its still a drat good deal.

Also I have this giant mole on my chin that keeps getting bloodily decapitated if I don't watch out.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I bought my razor and all my blades through Amazon.

Since August 17, 2010, I've spent this much on them: $48.94

Add in the Walmart shaving cream (Barbasol), and I'm probably spending $15/year to shave a few times a week. And since the razor was $35.71, that figure'll just get better every year.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 11, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

P-Mack posted:

One of my grandmother's friends lost her husband when he accidentally slit his throat while shaving. She found his body, called the cops, then got out a mop and started cleaning up.

You have to actually dig in to cut through an artery, you don't "slit your throat" by just cutting the skin

Your grandmother's friend killed that dude.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
And isn't it like cutting through a garden hose?

That'd have to be one hell of a muscle spasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Rutibex posted:

Speaking as a verifiable grumpy old person these are really uncool, and bad

• Locked thread